Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

The Cowardice Of Atheism - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cowardice Of Atheism (65086 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / Myopia Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

He is just a deluded character than can not make a simple case for himself without quote mining others. . .But then we need every body to be different so that things can always be spiced up and interesting. . . . .

grin grin grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
And since, as I always knew, those quotations tend to hit bullseye here's another one for our friends. {As it happens other posters benefit from the quotes as well ---- so as long as I post here, they will keep coming.) smiley

Again from the same Melanie Phillips piece:

. . . . we may be in a post-biblical — and post-moral — age, we have not disposed of belief. Far from it. We have just changed what we believe in. Our society may have junked the Judaeo-Christian foundations of the West for secularism. But this has given rise to a set of other religions. Secular religions. Anti-religion religions.

These are also based on a set of dogmas. They proselytise. They involve faith. But unlike the Judaeo-Christian thinking they usurp, these secular anti-religions suspend truth and reason. What's more, I would say that it was the Judaic foundations of the West which, far from denying reason, gave the world both reason and science in the first place.

smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ A sufferer from the enigmation syndrome, quite clearly. smiley

cool

You have even tagged your delusions and meaningless nonsense as enigmation, eh?. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. . . . .You just have to love nairaland. . .If only you know how I laugh when ever I read your nonsense, you will not use the word "sufferer" when associating me with your delusions. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
^^^ And you know the category I have placed you for a long long long time: 'just a . . . .; to be ignored'. wink

That is the source of your pain. Pẹlẹ oh.

smiley

Edited
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ And you know the category I have placed you for a long long long time: 'just to be ignored'. wink

That is the source of your pain. Pẹlẹ oh.

smiley

lol

The same way that you claimed that Dawkins was a mumu/dunce without any proof or argument.

ABEG. Its sunday, dont you have some children to indoctrinate at sunday school?
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma: ^^^ And you know the category I have placed you for a long long long time: 'just a mumu; to be ignored'. wink

That is the source of your pain. Pele oh.

smiley

And you are responding to the .... that should be ignored, eh?. . .Who is now the .... here?. . .Enigma the deluded .... that can not even keep to his own words. . . cheesy wink cool
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol

The same way that you claimed that Dawkins was a mumu/dunce without any proof or argument.

ABEG. Its sunday, dont you have some children to indoctrinate at sunday school?

Can't you see that he can not even keep on to his own words?. . . grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dawkins is and remains a dunce.

And as for why I don't get into extended arguments with evangelical atheists other than to sọ t'ori wọn fun wọn?

Here is something that I said a long time ago: https://www.nairaland.com/765094/heard-there-different-kinds-atheism#9205701

Enigma: Well, it is indeed true that several of the evangelical atheists and some other anti-Christians here rarely say anything constructive and, accordingly, some of us don't take them seriously other than to point out their own dogmas, absurdities, inconsistencies, intellectual folly, sleight of hand and even intellectual dishonesty.

cool

So when it comes to 'engaging' evangelical atheists, I don't waste much energy other than to show them up. smiley

cool
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

And you are responding to me that should be ignored, eh?. . .Who is now the .... here?. . .Enigma the deluded guy that can not even keep to his own words. . . cheesy wink cool

And you are too obtuse to know that in life one sometimes makes an exception ----- for particular reasons. smiley

cool

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma:

And you are too obtuse to know that in life one sometimes makes an exception ----- for particular reasons. smiley

cool

You are way to deluded for me to take you seriously. . .You actually think that I take the rubbish you spew here seriously to the extent that I will feel bad because you ignore me? grin grin. . .You are truly foolish and very deluded . . .You still remain a deluded fool for not keeping to your words. . . smiley cool
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:46pm On Feb 17, 2013
^^^^ Yada yada yada! Next?

smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma: ^^^^ Yada yada yada! Next?

smiley

The guy still can not keep to his words. . .He is still responding, eh?. . . wink smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Enigma(m): 3:50pm On Feb 17, 2013
^^^^ More yada yada yada! smiley

Next?

cool
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 3:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje: Davidylan is OBVIOUSLY DELUDED and a LIAR. . .Davidylan should HONESTLY tell us how he will react if his child tells him that he has jettison his religious mythology and embraced atheism. . .

Davidylan should try and become an atheist for a day in Nigeria before LYING foolishly. . .
Perhaps you should start by telling us how you would react if your daughter converted to Islam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 3:54pm On Feb 17, 2013
ifeness: I WON !! grin grin grin
Oh no! What have you been smoking this time? SMH
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 3:55pm On Feb 17, 2013
Enigma: ^^^^ More yada yada yada! smiley

Next?

cool

Enigma is still responding?. . .Will he keep to HIS OWN words and stop making a fool of himself?. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 3:56pm On Feb 17, 2013
cyrexx: Ifeness, you just became my favourite nairalander today. Well done. You did a good job schooling these ignorant and bigoted christians, who actually prefer their superstitious religious myths rather than opening their minds to realities outside their religious bubble. Some of them haven't even read their entire Bible for themselves.

Many people on nairaland already know that davidylan is a fake scientist (he denies the established scientific facts), as well as he is a fake-a$$ foul-mouthed Christian. He thinks the more he attacks and denies established scientific facts, the more he validates his superstitious religious beliefs.

To address the topic of the thread, the fact that some atheists keep their beliefs to themselves is not necessarily a cowardice. When you are living among religious psychopaths, the best course of action is be wise about disclosing your personal beliefs. Survival matters more than anything else.

Religious people somehow believe that the more they attack non-believers, the more they are pleasing their imaginary god. Even christians in my country discriminate and psychologically attack anyone outside their belief system.
SMH....You've just hit a new low.

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 3:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
chukkynwob:
How can you be both the judge and the juror?
On NL it seems he who first shouts debunked wins,I laugh in swahili.

I hope you understand that there is a peer-review process for all scrolls,to varify their authenticity and claims.

Lol, I laugh in Lingala join... The bold is so true of NL these days
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by mazaje(m): 4:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Perhaps you should start by telling us how you would react if your daughter converted to Islam.

I will do NOTHING and will never server any ties with her. . .She will still remain my daughter and my relationship with her will not change from my own side. . .My ex girl friend is a muslim. . .
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 17, 2013
mazaje:

I will do NOTHING and will never server any ties with her. . .She will still remain my daughter and my relationship with her will not change from my own side. . .My ex girl friend is a muslim. . .
So in other words you will "hate the sin but love the sinner"?

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by ijawkid(m): 4:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:

E be like u wan put person for tight corner ba??
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
Anony is trolling and getting likes!

smiley
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:25pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
Why - is it better to hate the sin AND hate the sinner? In a sane world, no one commits a "sin" by making a conscientious decision in adulthood to explore a new faith or belief system. So why should any rational human being feel so offended that their grown offspring have decided to break free from childhood indoctrination and brainwashing and actually think for themselves?

2 Likes

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
ijawkid:

E be like u wan put person for tight corner ba??
The aim is not to trap him, rather it is to cause him do do a bit of introspection
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03: Anony is trolling and getting likes!

smiley
I have seen you too
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by vedaxcool(m): 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
"To avoid offending someone pls do not like certain comments by a certain individual"

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 5:47pm On Feb 17, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Why - is it better to hate the sin AND hate the sinner? In a sane world, no one commits a "sin" by making a conscientious decision in adulthood to explore a new faith or belief system. So why should any rational human being feel so offended that their grown offspring have decided to break free from childhood indoctrination and brainwashing and actually think for themselves?
It is good to love the sinner and hate the sin in the sense that - for instance - when your kids grow up and disagree with your views; when they break free from your indoctrination and brainwashing and actually think for themselves and choose Islam, it is very important for you as a parent to love your children unconditionally even though your strongly disapprove of their religion Islam and would rather they weren't muslims.

If the above is the point you are making, then we are in agreement.

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 5:48pm On Feb 17, 2013
vedaxcool:
"To avoid offending someone pls do not like certain comments by a certain individual"
Lol...I saw what you did there cool
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
Toba, vedaxcool, ifeness on one thread.. Lol..
Celebration of ignorance....

Cowardice on an anonymous forum with anonymous ids? Lol...

Have a great week, guys....

1 Like

Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
musKeeto: Toba, vedaxcool, ifeness on one thread.. Lol..
Celebration of ignorance....

Cowardice on an anonymous forum with anonymous ids? Lol...

Have a great week, guys....

smiley

I approve this comment
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 17, 2013
Mr_Anony:
It is good to love the sinner and hate the sin in the sense that - for instance - when your kids grow up and disagree with your views; when they break free from your indoctrination and brainwashing and actually think for themselves and choose Islam, it is very important for you as a parent to love your children unconditionally even though your strongly disapprove of their religion Islam and would rather they weren't muslims.

If the above is the point you are making, then we are in agreement.

I would also say it is good to take it a step further beyond just my kids but to everyone else, making it clear to them that though I strongly disagree with their beliefs and would rather they didn't hold such beliefs, I love them all the same even as God also loves us . . .so much so that while we were yet sinners, He gave us Christ Jesus.
Re: The Cowardice Of Atheism by MrAnony1(m): 6:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

smiley

I approve this comment

...Lol, and what exactly is your approval worth?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (79) (Reply)

Eunice Olawale's Coffin And Burial Today (pics) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo And Wife, Modele In Matching Denim Outfits / Apostle Suleman Arrives Washington D.C In Style Amid Sex Scandal. Photos/video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.