Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. (83804 Views)

Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by udezue(m): 4:03am On Nov 05, 2009
Isoko / Urhobo. Same people different dialects. Easterns will go as far as even declaring a street a distinct ethnic group for political reasons. Chill out. Wadooo

I'm out tho coz I'm not Isokotic or Urhobotic like the ewu Ono with Igbo blood is demanding u ought to be. lol
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:40am On Nov 19, 2009
[size=13pt]udezue You are most welcome to our isoko community here on Nairaland. . . .évé?[/size]
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by LadyFine: 12:05am On Dec 09, 2009
Udezue good talk .Urhobo Isoko are one pple .I am Urhobo and I see us as one .WADO!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Bongoman1: 2:01pm On Dec 11, 2009
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by blackz(m): 7:29am On Dec 17, 2009
Wadoo my people,
I really appreciate dis thread & its so dis-heartenin dat im an Isoko man but i dont know how 2 speak d language.im 4m Isoko-North,Ofagbe l/g,i grew up in d North.im so hapi 2 be identified wit my people.let me use dis medium 2 wish u all a Hapi festive season
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Beaf: 4:42am On Jan 29, 2010
Bongo_man:

Isoko tolopia
eve?
grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Abeg free me!

[size=14pt]Isoko Waadoo! mi ni wado![/size] grin grin grin
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 9:25pm On Jan 30, 2010
[size=13pt]Mairie Den Den Den. . . . .[/size]
Bongo_man:

Isoko tolopia
eve?
grin grin
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by THEAMAKA(f): 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2010
[size=1pt]i love my ND people. i hope i am welcome here. [/size] embarassed
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Beaf: 2:23am On Feb 02, 2010
THE AMAKA:

[size=1pt]i love my ND people. i hope i am welcome here. [/size]  embarassed

[size=1pt]I take that to be digwo in Igbo, so vren do! Of course you are welcome! . . .Dis fine babe don make my heart begin pump again o![/size] wink
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by THEAMAKA(f): 2:25am On Feb 02, 2010
thanks.
but if anyone wants me to leave, i'll leave.
i've already been welcomed to the cross river/akwa ibom thread.
i love my ND peeps.
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by mamagee3(f): 2:27am On Feb 02, 2010
And who are the Isoko people, I have never heard of that tribe before in Nigeria.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:24pm On Feb 10, 2010
[size=13pt]The Amaka and Mama Gee i know you both are hot Ibo Ladies. . . .anyway, all join. you're welcome to our ISOKO thread, please do feel free to share on what and where your not satisfied on . . . .though, the Food Section has been your sweet corner. wink[/size]
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by jet24ng(f): 1:33pm On Feb 17, 2010
Hi everyone,

Am Tega, urhobo but we are all one. Anyways i have been out of Nigeria for a long tym but i intend coming back soon. Can any one help me with a step by step guide on how to prepare Banga soup the proper Delta way.

Urhobo Wado, Isoko Wado, Delta wado!!!!!!!!
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:29pm On Feb 17, 2010
[size=13pt]mmm i breath hard. . . . shocked shocked, Tega how far?, how's your side and tell me whats so special in banga soup. ok, meet up with interesting threads on the FOOD Section of the site. iw keep you posted.

You're Welcome to our Isoko Community,- handshake. grin
[/size]
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by MissJulez(f): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
I am an urhobo, but to see threads about the people of naija's delat state warms my heart.

i can hear the language, but i cant speak it very well, so i have been taking lessons in the urhobo wadoo thread
my family and peers have noticed a big diffrence in my abilty to speak and read the language better.
i think it would be excellent to start an isoko teaching class aswell as i would like to see how the dialect is diffrent betwwen the two.

Urhobo wadoooooo
Isoko wadoooooooo
Delta state wadooooo
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by MissJulez(f): 12:45pm On Feb 18, 2010
DELTA STATE* dont mind that typing error biko lol
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:23pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt]lol only MissJulez , well it is a funny word. . . . wink[/size]
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by rekebel(f): 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2010
Hello guys,
Thumb up for the good job u guys are doing online. I am an igbo lady dating an Isoko [Aviara man] called Ogaga. I am studing Master in Education in Belgium. Most of the information that u guys posted about Isoko are quite interesting. I enter this forum with one ololo of kaikai and Aligetor peppers for the Elders and master minders of this Great Thread, there are concorted ogoro for youths and edible maggots for all. Also I register with 100Euros. I have an interesting historical issues which is part of my master thesis to place at your feet for solemn justice. if i am permited.
Isoko Wadooooooooooooooo
Urhobo Wadooooooooooooo
Delta Wakobiroooooooooooo
Niger Delta Kobiroooooooooo
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:54pm On Apr 11, 2010
[size=13pt]rekebel you are most welcome. . . . kiss kiss . thanks for the complimentos !!! smiley . awwww you're dating my name sake. shocked shocked[/size]
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by rekebel(f): 8:20pm On Apr 11, 2010
Hi Ogaga,
the issue has to do with the founder and financiers of missionary secondary schools in Niger Delta from 1925-1962. my email is ebysolu@gmail.com. I will appreciate school pictures, old documents of the establishment of those schools in all the states in Niger Delta, documents for teachers salaries, school fees, goverment grants-in-aid to those schools, individual and churches contributions for managements of those schools and more. I will published my thesis online after my course for u guys to read about a beautiful work which a non-Deltian will do about yourgreat region.
LONG LIVE NIGER DELTA cool
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by rekebel(f): 7:09pm On May 13, 2010
OlgaRJ,
thanks for such an interesting reply.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by udezue(m): 2:31am On May 14, 2010
Ogaga and Ladyfine

Thank u people. Wadooo!!!!!
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:42am On May 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Awww that sound very interesting my dear , then let's set it on. . . . . LONG LIVE NIGER DELTA! wink[/size]
rekebel:

Hi Ogaga,
the issue has to do with the founder and financiers of missionary secondary schools in Niger Delta from 1925-1962. my email is ebysolu@gmail.com. I will appreciate school pictures, old documents of the establishment of those schools in all the states in Niger Delta, documents for teachers salaries, school fees, goverment grants-in-aid to those schools, individual and churches contributions for managements of those schools and more. I will published my thesis online after my course for u guys to read about a beautiful work which a non-Deltian will do about yourgreat region.
LONG LIVE NIGER DELTA cool
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:44am On May 14, 2010
[size=13pt]My pleasure. . . . our pleasure. Miyeruvwe oniovo me. Isiagwareoo. . . . cheesy cheesy wink[/size]
udezue:

Ogaga and Ladyfine

Thank u people. Wadooo!!!!!
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by ELEOVIE(m): 1:29pm On May 14, 2010
Isoko from Bethel-Oyede
My dad started writing an ISOKO dictionary about 3 years ago. I don't know if he has completed it now. I can only speak the basics, but i am excellent in reading and writing Isoko.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:34pm On May 14, 2010
[size=13pt]Interesting. . . . . .you're most welcome then . we are pleased to have you here . well , i don't know anything about your dad dear , please. . . .would be pleased to know about em too . you've just said he's an author if im not mistaken. how about his books?.[/size]

ELE-OVIE:

Isoko from Bethel-Oyede
My dad started writing an ISOKO dictionary about 3 years ago. I don't know if he has completed it now. I can only speak the basics, but i am excellent in reading and writing Isoko.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by rekebel(f): 7:31pm On May 14, 2010
Ogaga4luv,
Thanks for ur concern, afta i posted it i got the help that i needed. I my school allows me i will publish it online and send the link to u guys. i really love What u guys are doing on this thread. THUMB UP
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:13pm On May 15, 2010
[size=13pt]au pleasir. . . . .je adore ca. i winked at you  wink[/size]
rekebel:

Ogaga4luv,
Thanks for your concern, afta i posted it i got the help that i needed. I my school allows me i will publish it online and send the link to u guys. i really love What u guys are doing on this thread. THUMB UP
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 6:45pm On May 20, 2010
Can't believe this thread is still live and kicking smiley

Isoko Wadoooooo,
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by rekebel(f): 4:34am On May 21, 2010
it is still on and we will keep the thread going. Niger delta wadooooooooooooooooooooooooo kiss
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Irunmole(m): 10:45pm On May 21, 2010
Isoko and Urhobo, we be one, no difference. Food, greetings, culture, world-view, dressing, attire, etc, are the same. Visited a friend's grandma at Ile-Ologbo, she spoke to me in Isoko, believing I was one. Had no problem understanding every single word that she said in Isoko, replied her in Urhobo language which she understood effortlessly. I love the language, with its penchant for laying emphasis on its actions and intended outcome, e.g., omo te na, mi ke kwe we kwe we. How is that for getting the message across loud and clear?
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by icezik1(m): 5:38am On Jun 14, 2010
This thread is still alive?! That's amazing. I started this thread two years ago and was amazed to see that it still continued to this day. I didn't realize there were so many Isoko people on Nairaland. I'm glad. I hope more people will post what they know about our culture and language. Let's keep the community alive.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.