Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. (83893 Views)

Some Igbo/yoruba Word Used In Urhobo/Isoko Language / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets / What Do You Know About Isoko People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by IVORY2009(m): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2010
Isoko wado, I take 10k take support kola nut ooo wa ko' bi iwo' ko' omana pobi ta? Anyway, a nice thread to get to know fellow Isoko brothers/sisters keep it up.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2011
No posts since Dec last year?

oya make una come back now - & kick some life back into this thread
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by AndreUweh(m): 11:13pm On Jun 27, 2011
Isoko Wado.
My special greetings to the peaceful people of Isoko.
Ndi Isoko, Chukwu gozie unu. God bless Isoko people.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Woke4all(m): 12:07am On Jul 03, 2011
Na only wado all of una sabi? Èvê?
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by oweniwe(m): 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy
isoko vrendoo
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by tchako: 7:12pm On Jul 07, 2011
Hello !

I am interested in Isoko langauge very much and I have been trying to find some pages/materials/books on Isoko. Unfortunatelly, it is really rare langauge and there is lack of materials on it. I would love to learn the langauge as my husband and in-laws are Isoko. My husband doesn't speak Isoko but I would love to show his how the roots are important. Please, guys could you help me somehow with any materials or maybe some of you can create a page with vocab and rules (even the basics ) of Isoko. Thank you in advance smiley
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:13am On Jul 08, 2011
hello tchako

Found this on the net, check out the isoko phonetics, really cool cool

although I must say this was recorded way back in 1962  grin

http://archive.phonetics.ucla.edu/Language/ISO/iso.html

click on the WAV link and you'll hear the pronounciations of some isoko words

hope this helps  smiley
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2011
oweniwe:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
isoko vrendoo
cheesy cheesy cheesy

ah - you waka reach this side?

you are most welcome! grin grin smiley
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by emofine(f): 8:00pm On Jul 10, 2011
Isoko Wado

Evẹ?

Andre Uweh:

Isoko Wado.
My special greetings to the peaceful people of Isoko.
Ndi Isoko, Chukwu gozie unu. God bless Isoko people.

Megwo Dalu  smiley
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by emofine2(f): 2:48pm On May 12, 2012
Efemena_xy:

ah - you waka reach this side?

you are most welcome! grin grin smiley

Efemena...how I love that name... recently I met someone with that name.

Megwo.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by emofine2(f): 3:02pm On May 12, 2012
Woke4all: Na only wado all of una sabi?

grin

Èvê?

Ese rie he.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by sylve11: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
Oh how I loff the Isokos! The Urhobos and them rest of Nigerians! One love Nigeria! grin cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Detongue: 1:25am On Jun 30, 2012
D truth is dat d Isokos and Urhobos are one. D Urhobos are different group of ppl with simillar language and Isoko is one of such group, like d Okpes, Udus, Effurun, Ujegwens etc. So dey are one. because of d oppressive and dominary attitude of some of dis groups, d Isokos decided not to b called Urhobo.
For political reasons and when dey want to fight their common 'enemy', it is den an Isoko man will remember dat he is an Urhobo.

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by emofine2(f): 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRLMF8I6X0k

grin

sylve11: Oh how I loff the Isokos! The Urhobos and them rest of Nigerians! One love Nigeria! grin cool cool cool

kiss megwo smiley
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Calamama: 6:27pm On Jul 12, 2012
Isokos and Urhobos are very different ethnic group. They even look different; Urhobos are often darker in complexion whereas the Isokos are reddish in completion with thinner bone structures from what I have observed.

Also the Isoko Erohwa, original language is very different it has no relationship to the Urhobos or any other languages around the area however, it is sad the language is now dying out..

It is likely that the Erohwa are the original Isoko people and the other Isokos offshoots. This Isoko offshoots and Urhobo have absorbed and influence one another but it does not mean that they are the same people.

Igbo people and Calabar people do have influence on Erohwa visa versa but it does not then follow that Isokos, Calabars and igbos are the same people.

This cross-cultural ethnic influence is widespread in Nigeria as a whole because many of the traditional attires, which Nigerians are known for worldwide, are a mixture of influences.

Also why cant it be Isoko Uhrobo people why is it always Urhoho Isoko people this is a partnership of equals not of subordinate and superordinate.

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by emofine2(f): 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
Calamama: [size=14pt]Isokos and Urhobos are very different ethnic group....this is a partnership of equals not of subordinate and superordinate.
[/size]

Correct. And to that I will add Isokos are not a "sub-group" of the Urhobos...An Urhobo man will not even understand an Isoko man when he's speaking deep Isoko and vice versa...notwithstanding the Urhobos are our sister ethnic group.

2 Likes

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:15pm On Jul 13, 2012
I love Isoko gospel songs very much...Used to go catholic church with them in Bini...They love Igbo guys too.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Biggysmalls919(m): 9:58pm On Jul 13, 2012
Isoko waadoo! Am proud i can speak this language. Why is this thread not in isoko?
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Biggysmalls919(m): 10:00pm On Jul 13, 2012
teri-ore:
I'm enjoying these comments all my isoko brothers out there. The language is a wonderful and amusing one i would love to learn. it actually sounds like chicken language.
we speak spanish
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by usiwome: 5:59am On Aug 08, 2012
awo isoko me ivie me be kwolo ebiabo isoko owo no wo re o dalodure kome.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 1:48pm On May 06, 2013
Registering into the Isoko Club . BtW is this thread active ?? grin
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 5:37am On May 07, 2013
I'm still a loner here I suppose , Until somebody deem it fit to reply an "oniovo" the Never say Die spirit still lingers!!

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 29, 2013
Please I need a speaker who is very fluent and good in isoko language.......concerned fellows can please call me on 08067982576 or add my pin 258abb89......Thanks
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by bigfrancis021: 10:58am On Jun 01, 2013
bimofalad: Please I need a speaker who is very fluent and good in isoko language.......concerned fellows can please call me on 08067982576 or add my pin 258abb89......Thanks
I have a friend who's fluent in his Isoko language.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by fame1(f): 5:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
The isoko launguage is diffrent frm dat of the urhobo. Although dey ve sum words similiarities. I can say the erowas are th oldest in d isoko land with a complete dfifrent lanquage of their own dat can neither b interpreted by d isoko's or urhobo's. although dey r not well recongnize, still they r in charge. Awi isoko wadoo!
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by BarryX(m): 2:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
This brings to reality the Myth that the "Isokos" are naturally shy and recluse lots and with the prediction that the Isoko Language has been fingered as one of the endangered languages that would go extinct this Century leaves much to be desired. Uyere awo mai ! --------------Kick some Life Into This Thread friends !

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by mrwaff: 2:12am On Jun 07, 2013
I wish to introduce Aziakpor Institute of Isoko Language and Culture in Oleh, the headquarters of Isoko South LGA. to all lovers of Isoko language and culture. There u can learn how to speak and write Isoko language and even illiterate also learn simple English in written and oral. Isoko books written by Evangelist I.A.O. Warri and other Isoko authors can also b purchased der 4 ur reading pleasure. Let us encourage the learning and continuous existence of the Isoko Language and Culture, support d 1st Isoko Language Institute.

1 Like

Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by mrwaff: 2:22am On Jun 07, 2013
I wish to introduce Aziakpor Institute of Isoko Language and Culture in Oleh, the headquarters of Isoko South LGA. to all lovers of Isoko language and culture. There u can learn how to speak and write Isoko language and even illiterate also learn simple English in written and oral. Isoko books written by Evangelist I.A.O. Warri and other Isoko authors can also be purchased for
your reading pleasure. Let us encourage the learning and continuous existence of the Isoko Language and Culture, support d 1st Isoko Language Institute.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by RURIE: 8:40am On Aug 28, 2013
isokouk.org/,
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by emorse(m): 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2013
Signing up.
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by Afam4eva(m): 8:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Urhobo Wado
Re: The Official Isoko Thread! All Isoko People Should Post Here. by victor1464(m): 8:41am On Sep 28, 2014
My fellow brothers and sister dont be angry with me..i just want 2 know..Are d isokos and urobo d same tribe,do they speak d same language?...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Masquerades At Golibe Festival Onitsha (Photos) / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.