Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria (3212 Views)

Resist Plot By Buhari To Islamize Nigeria – Prof. Ben Nwabueze / COAS Donated Ambulance To NDA In Line To Islamize Nigeria / Buhari Denies Claims That He Has Plans To Islamize Nigeria When Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

Yorubas are not the only Nigerians living in the SW. I wonder how some of you folks think. the insinuation that Yorubas are not concerned (whether right or wrong) doesn't mean other Nigerians shouldnt express their concern.

This makes me laugh grin grin grin grin grin. If other NIGERIANS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE Islamization of the SW THEN THEY SHOULD LEAVE. Expressing your concerns does not make sense and it would NOT BE TAKEN TO ANY ACCOUNT.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

you are correct! the op has inferred that when he focuses on a state by state analysis. could states in east escape islamization if his conspiracy is anything to go by? .....and where are eastern states in his list?

LOL Ntns, leave them to me, They are scared for reasons best known to them. Islamization of the SW has nothing to do with Igbos or east
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

you are correct! the op has inferred that when he focuses on a state by state analysis. could states in east escape islamization if his conspiracy is anything to go by? .....and where are eastern states in his list?

How has islam work for others who adopt it wholly in africa? Do you think the east is under the threat of islamisation? And do you think such will be the case in this century or the next?
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 8:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
Tinubu, a leader in the newly formed islamist group APC favours muslims as governors.

It is not a coincidence that over 90% of ACN governors are muslims or born muslims.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem:

This makes me laugh grin grin grin grin grin. If other NIGERIANS ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THE Islamization of the SW THEN THEY SHOULD LEAVE. Expressing your concerns does not make sense and it would NOT BE TAKEN TO ANY ACCOUNT.

Is that you are that ignorant or plain something worse? how could you ask people to leave their own country? leave for where? is it no longer one country bound in freedom (including of movement)? In anycase how about several foreign national who have naturalise and citizens, would you also suggest they leave the SW?

Guy, if you cannot engage your brain, it is not compulsory you post. something, shutting up might just make u look a more savvy (read intelligent)
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 8:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
Rumours have it that Buhari is in talks with Boko Haram leader, Shekau, to join his new APC islamic group and become the military wing of the group.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
Ntns, you expressing concern to their complains would mean their say is taken into account in the SW (LAGOS) and that would never be the case.

In fact as far as I am concern Lagos has never had a Christian Governor and you don't see the indigene/Yorubas complaining so why should an outsider for the east complains be taken to account.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 8:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem: Ntns, you expressing concern to their complains would mean their say is taken into account in the SW (LAGOS) and that would never be the case.

In fact as far as I am concern Lagos has never had a Christian Governor and you don't see the indigene/Yorubas complaining so why should an outsider for the east complains be taken to account.

It will be a good thing as well if the muslims in the SW think like their christian brothers.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Obiagu1(m): 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
The cry of an Islamist and leader of APC: Do not vote for a non muslim

General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) has called on Muslims across the country to vote only for the presidential candidate that would defend and uphold the tenets of Islam.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

Is that you are that ignorant or plain something worse? how could you ask people to leave their own country? leave for where? is it no longer one country bound in freedom (including of movement)? In anycase how about several foreign national who have naturalise and citizens, would you also suggest they leave the SW?

Guy, if you cannot engage your brain, it is not compulsory you post. something, shutting up might just make u look a more savvy (read intelligent)

errmmm, if you are no longer comfortable with a place, it's laws and way of life, Then by are means it is compulsory you leave that place unless you are bounded by law to stay there.

Foreign Nationals usually adapt to changes in the NEW environment they are going and staying. It is not the first time we have seen White American/ British Muslim. It is not also the first time we have seen an Arab for Iraq who is now a Christian.

So you you can't adapt to the changes which is the Islamization of the Yoruba-speaking state which inculde Delta, then leave. Chekena smiley
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

How has islam work for others who adopt it wholly in africa? Do you think the east is under the threat of islamisation? And do you think such will be the case in this century or the next?

i can only speak for yoruba's adoption of islam....i am in no position to appraise the social impact on others, i leave it to them to speak out.

yoruba was the first ethnic group in nigeria to practice islam. islam in yorubaland is far more elemental for us and our open exposure to multiplicities of religion, all in alignment with one another, reinforcing the Oneness of God, gives us a far matured awareness and grip on our relationship with the cosmos and the brotherhood of humankind generally.

if fulani had crossed the benue like they did on the niger east would have been islamized.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2013
Obiagu1:

It will be a good thing as well if the muslims in the SW think like their christian brothers.

If you think Religion is important in the SW, then you have another thing coming your side brother. We have explained this over and over again, religion cannot be used in the SW.

I would let you into a little secret, using Politics and Ideologies, that is what would work not clans or religions.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by omanzo02: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
payless: You are a tribalist and a bigot. Nigeria is currently in the gutter due to riligious bigot like you. Why don't you just jump in a well or commit suicide? I don't see the difference between you and the muslim fundalmentalists in the North.

So the Flemish and Catalan who want autonomy and championing their ethnicity are bigots too, right?.

It's a new world order, the North and south-west will come to term with it in 2015. Everyone are wiser now. Awo model of politic seem like saint to what we have now.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
Obiagu1: Tinubu, a leader in the newly formed islamist group APC favours muslims as governors.

It is not a coincidence that over 90% of ACN governors are muslims or born muslims.

i think you are projecting your fear in east and at the same time envying the religious balance in west. if all western governors are muslims, how does ithurt a yoruba man, woman or child?

if it hurts an igbo person that the governor of lagos is muslim then this person is not the majority in lagos or in west. the voice of majority yoruba
is content, so why has igbo carry this as a palaver on its head?
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem:

errmmm, if you are no longer comfortable with a place, it's laws and way of life, Then by are means it is compulsory you leave that place unless you are bounded by law to stay there.

Foreign Nationals usually adapt to changes in the NEW environment they are going and staying. It is not the first time we have seen White American/ British Muslim. It is not also the first time we have seen an Arab for Iraq who is now a Christian.

So you you can't adapt to the changes which is the Islamization of the Yoruba-speaking state which inculde Delta, then leave. Chekena smiley

I think it is idiotic to ask people to leave their country rather than find a way to make it conducive for them. But I guess you really dont know that for obvious reason.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

i think you are projecting your fear in east and at the same time envying the religious balance in west. if all western governors are muslims, how does ithurt a yoruba man, woman or child?

if it hurts an igbo person that the governor of lagos is muslim then this person is not the majority in lagos or in west. the voice of majority yoruba

My point exactly.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
.....correction on an earlier post on who was first to practice islam in nigeria.

1. kanuri
2 yoruba
3. hausa
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

I think it is idiotic to ask people to leave their country rather than find a way to make it conducive for them. But I guess you really dont know that for obvious reason.

When did Nigeria become YOUR COUNTRY ?

Moreover I was refering to a region here not the whole country.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

No body is carrying anything on his head. We are stating the obvious as concerned Nigeria. Do we need to register an NGO or become some formal activists to express a concern viewed a clear present danger.

Let me repeat, as Nigerians we have the right to our opinion. If Yorubas don't want to hear it, they should move to leave the union.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:44pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem:

What crap are you blabbing? you dont seen to make sense.

4 Likes

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by PointB: 8:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
This is where I leave you folks for now. Got errand to run. grin cheesy
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem: Ntns, you expressing concern to their complains would mean their say is taken into account in the SW (LAGOS) and that would never be the case.

the only muslim governor was jakande......then fashola.

yet every ward in lagos, without exception has a giwa (muslim title for head of family) and they still all worked together..

look at this picture, the practice continues till today when the giwas hold council meetings with Oba of Lagos. Last two Obas were christians, yet they worked together.

thank God, im a Yoruba in this country.

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 8:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

No body is carrying anything on his head. We are stating the obvious as concerned Nigeria. Do we need to register an NGO or become some formal activists to express a concern viewed a clear present danger.

Let me repeat, as Nigerians we have the right to our opinion. If Yorubas don't want to hear it, they should move to leave the union.

no pardner, this far beyond expressing opinion.....this is speaking for others in an area of social relationship that you are least equipped to speak on.

what do you understand about islam, beyond what youve seen muslims done in north?

do not project your fear of experience in north to west. if yoruba muslims were bad our brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers and sons and daughters who are christians would have been forced into islam or killed off.

so please stay over there with your fears......we are okay in yorubaland.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by takedat(m): 9:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

the only muslim governor was jakande......then fashola.

yet every ward in lagos, without exception has a giwa (muslim title for head of family) and they still all worked together..

look at this picture, the practice continues till today when the giwas hold council meetings with Oba of Lagos. Last two Obas were christians, yet they worked together.

thank God, im a Yoruba in this country.
God bless you! Those trying to instil animosity between the Yoruba muslims and christians are bound to fail! We've been living peacefully before we came in contact with the intruders, and in no way would they be allowed to bring dissension between us!
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Igwe9(m): 9:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
alj harem:

Un-intelligent statement.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dudu_Negro:

The truth of the matter is that the OP and many like him are religious bigots, they are not better than boko haram albeit they use propaganda rather than bombing. But who knows they might soon move to the next level. These people live among us yet they seem not to understand us or may its just an act of mischief rather than ignorance. I am an example of a typical Yoruba family, in my family we have Muslims, Christians and Ifa worshipers and we all live together in harmony. So why would I care whether some people see this odd and can't comes to terms with it? that is their problem not mine.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
inufele2:

The truth of the matter is that the OP and many like him are religious bigots, they are not better than boko haram albeit they use propaganda rather than bombing. But who knows they might soon move to the next level. These people live among us yet they seem not to understand us or may its just an act of mischief rather than ignorance. I am an example of a typical Yoruba family, in my family we have Muslims, Christians and Ifa worshipers and we all live together in harmony. So why would I care whether some people see this odd and can't comes to terms with it? that is their problem not mine.

Exactly!
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 10:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
PointB:

ANywhere you are not contented with leave the place.

If in the US A Pastor finds himself in a GAYY bar, he should leave and not tell them to adjust their legal act. If a nun enters a house and finds an orrggyy going on she should leave and not tell them to stop their Legal act. If in Colorado you find yourself in a smoke house you cant tell them to stopp rather you would leave if it makes you uncomfortable

SW Christians are comfortable with having Moslem governors Just like SW Moslems were comfortable whe we had all Xtian governors some years back (Akala, Oyinlola, Fayose, Oni, Agagu, Daniels) were all Christians and No SW Moslem had problems with them based on their faith
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Dede1(m): 11:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
Obiagu1: It all started with Boko Haram, now we have Islamists Ansaru.

Yet we'll soon have another one called APC.

It has trickled down to Osun State, next Oyo and Ekiti states.

You could not be more right with the above assertion. The Muslim northern oligarchy has always found partners in their evil axis in western region. Whenever the northern political elites want power at the center, they have always seen willing surrogates in western region of Nigeria. The main area to view critically and closely is north central axis.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 11:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
Dede1:

You could not be more right with the above assertion. The Muslim northern oligarchy has always found partners in their evil axis in western region. Whenever the northern political elites want power at the center, they have always seen willing surrogates in western region of Nigeria. The main area to view critically and closely is north central axis.

Like Balewa found in Umaru Azikwe, Like Shagari found in Mohamadu Ekwueme, Like Tofa found in Haruna Sylvester Ugo, Like IBB found in Shefiu Nzeribe

Dendemoron Kedu maka ahia

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 18, 2013
dayokanu:

Like Balewa found in Umaru Azikwe, Like Shagari found in Mohamadu Ekwueme, Like Tofa found in Haruna Sylvester Ugo, Like IBB found in Shefiu Nzeribe

I don laugh tire o. Rolling on the floor laughing with tears in my eyes. Don't mind the guy, we have so many confused ethnic and religious bigots in Nigeria. God bless Yoruba people and their tolerance.
Re: Muslims Aggressively Move To Islamize Nigeria by DuduNegro: 12:00am On Feb 19, 2013
dayokanu:

lol, im surprised you did not mention Gburugburu honoring Ibb with title in alaigbo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Ngige Under Fire For Coveting Governor Obi’s Wife / Aregbesola Is Islamising Osun- CAN / Nigeria's Military Power Vs Kenya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.