Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands (9285 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Why Do Educated Women Marry Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 12:56am On Jul 31, 2008
Feministic:

This would be fine if it were limited to their own personal household, but people, Nigerians in particular, have not yet learned how to separate their own religious beliefs and interpretations from the public,
These same people constitute the public.  They are the same ones going to church soaking in those religions taught to them.  It determines their public attitude. 

there have been women who have been denied jobs or higher positions in their workplace because the one in charge assumed that as women, they either weren't capable, deserving or entitled to the job, I will admit that sometimes between a man and a woman, the man has proven himself to be the better one for that particular job, but I think denying that women are looked upon by society as the "weaker sex" is unrealistic, not just because of religious views but because of history.
I don't believe women are the weaker sex.  I will not deny that women have been getting that "weaker sex" rep for what seems like eternity, but for the sake of argument have you questioned why?  According to the statistics published in 2001, in the World Almanac, there are 101.3 men for every 100 women.  So, with the ratio of men to women being approximately 50:50, what/who do you suppose is responsible for the misinformation that women are the weaker sex if not they themselves?   I justify this with the rationale that if women can succumb so easily to the brainwash that they are not as intelligent, strong, or as good as men, aren't they their own villains?  Those of you, or those educated among us, who now fight to erase that false impression are responsible for suppressing that stereotype.

I would understand that this could work in a family that actually wanted this, but in Nigeria, I find that women are not taken as seriously in the job market, this may be due to the fact that the idea is still pretty new ( American women were also treated with some resentment when they first entered the job market), and this contributes to the amount of women that have decent jobs, or were even encouraged to look for a job other than a nurse or a teacher. This is changing though, but I see so many Nigerian women with master degrees and no jobs, because they feel it is "not their place" to work or afraid that people, like the poster, will not see them as "suitable" wives, they are limiting their own progress more so out of fear than actual preference.
Yes, it is relatively new but you must remember that many Nigerian women are not as civilized as their Western others.  Not everyone has a chace at an education which not only builds their mind, but shaprens their logic.  Furthermore, they live in a country where tradition/religion actually dictates what governs the people.  Those teaching them at the schools are feeding them nonsense.  Since a lot of them live at/below poverty line and cannot afford the education to train their thoughts, they have no choice but to adapt to what has been in practice.    Is it fair?  No, but do you have a solution for it?
Basically, your fight is against religion and the odds are not in your favor. tongue

Actually, there have been quite a few lawsuits over the matter, I'm not sure where you live but in America, lawsuits can be VERY pricey, especially when against a corporation or a business, and alot of these women can't afford it, for obvious reasons.
So you suggest they find other alternatives?  There are many jobs around, correct?

There are men that could not make their own food due to lack of interest, or being told that as a man they would not have to cause they wife was supposed to do it, and some women cannot cook due to their previous lifestyle or just never having interest in it. Honestly i think that everyone should learn how to cook , it always comes in handy,
I agree with you  - the part in bold - 500% .  But I am still by no means promoting the idea that those who can cook should starve those who can't, because they feel cooking is a sign of weakness.  That sort of punishment is cruel, especially when done to a person you love.

and its the only way you can have real control over what you and (possibly) your family eat in this McDiet of a world.
LOL funny you say that.   I saw an article recently which showed that far many years ago the products favored McFattening.  Funny how things change, huh ?

I can acknowledge that most Nigerian men just aren't taught how to cook, through no fault of their own and most Nigerian girls are, but the way we were raised is only a part of who we are, some men could make the effort to learn and yes, it may be hard but I see it as progress, I think both men and women need to know that helping around the house does not make you inferior, you're just being helpful.
Yeah, but as a man who prefers some of the olden techniques of family structure, I would like to keep some of those intact because I believe it will work better in my house.  What's more important to me is a happy family.  If that can be done with me being a bread winner and my wife a housewife, I will gladly accept.  If it requires me to help more around the house while my wife also works to support the family, that's fine too.  If it includes asking my wife to take up the responsibilities of handling more of the household/motherhood duties while I work more, she shouldn't view that as me  negating from her humanity.  I can help around the house, help take care of my kids, etc . . . . . no problem.   This does not make the women who take charge of the responsibilities of being a sort of "housewife" inferior to me.   

If I had a husband that worked or worked more hours than me, then of course I would feel responsible for keeping up the house and feeding the children,it would be my part as the "at home partner" and i would expect that if it was reversed he would understand that it's his duty to help with that instead , (I think that some women think that doing so makes you inferior, because the two ideas have been linked for so long) you should mold yourself to the life you have, no matter what your gender is.
The part in bold . . . what if the life you have, as a result of the place you live, doesn't give you too much lee-way?
Believe me, only a worthless man with no shame would wait for his wife to come home from work to feed him and still not help around the house.  I do not wish that for any woman.  I don't know if men like that exist because I am yet to run into them, or hear about them.   Even traditional families that dump the title of "housewives" on women strongly expect the man to work hard and take charge of the family's upkeep.

I don't think that men should always be the ones working outside of the house more than women, like I said before, times are changing, but we are all entitled to our opinions; After all, I have met african women that got a degree with NO plans of ever working, simply because its what they wanted, they love to cook, keep a tidy house and want to have a bird's eye view of their children growing up, it had nothing to do with what society wanted or expected from them, they just didn't like the idea of being away from home and realized that the only way to maintain such a lifestyle was to find a partner that could support it. But some women love their children and families just as much, but find their passion lies in the workforce and may find themselves discontented if not working, since they will obviously putting a lot of time into their work, then who else would be expected to help with the housework/feeding but her spouse? That's just the way I see it. 
In short, find someone you are compatible with who shares similar views as yours; otherwise, if you get stuck with a man whose brain is sewn in reverse there is no chance of you ever getting him to understand that you're "too tired to do laundry for the night".  grin

Ok, honestly? some men (and women) are lazy, usually the type that run from job to job, never do housework, also asking his/her spouses parent's for money, that kind of thing. But since I find that being a housewife is just as hard, if not harder, than being a part of the workforce, I would not consider a man that wishes to be a househusband "lazy".
Are there husbands who wish to be househusbands?  Maybe 1 in 10000?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 5:45pm On Jul 31, 2008
Pheww, long-ass posts indeed! But I read 'em all. Una don try!
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 8:38pm On Jul 31, 2008
Pheww, long-ass posts indeed! But I read 'em all. Una don try!
ehn? nne where is yours.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2008
Ha, ain't nothing more for me to post. Feministic held it down for real.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2008
So you're a feminist too. tongue No wonder. undecided Birds of the same feather will always flock together.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 11:35pm On Jul 31, 2008
L0L, umm, I wouldn't use the word 'feminist' to describe myself. Maybe 'gutsy'. Feministic held it down because she replied all ur posts wisely. That means I'm a feminist?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 11:40pm On Jul 31, 2008
I agree she did sometimes, but the generalizations made me sick.
Like this one:

If  most men didn't already have an aura of stupidity around them

By gutsy you mean . . . ?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2008
Umm, gutsy=having a lot of guts.

In order words, I talk too much!
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2008
So you're just talkative, not exactly a feminist by nature. Okay that just about settles it.

Feministic where art thee o
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by Feministic(f): 1:12am On Aug 01, 2008
@ HCH3COO aw, I knew you missed me LOL

These same people constitute the public. They are the same ones going to church soaking in those religions taught to them. It determines their public attitude.
Which is one of the problems that I do have with any kind of formal religion, I see no problem with people's personal faith and see no harm in it, but when both those who do and don't [/i]follow a certain doctrine are effected by it's influence then it not only becomes an inconvenience but also hinders natural sociocultural progress.

So, with the ratio of men to women being approximately 50:50, what/who do you suppose is responsible for the misinformation that women are the weaker sex if not they themselves? I justify this with the rationale that if women can succumb so easily to the brainwash that they are not as intelligent, strong, or as good as men, aren't they their own villains? Those of you, or those educated among us, who now fight to erase that false impression are responsible for suppressing that stereotype
Ah, that part in bold is the real question, isn't it? In fact there is actually are very few feminists that are willing to ponder this question ( hence, why I know little to no other feminists LOL), seeing it as a "distraction" ( or whatever else they can pass it off as), but I have pondered this question personally and what I've come to think is that people in general are very "sheep-like", very few are born with (or able to develop) the ability to truly think for themselves, to question why they themselves do the things they do. Then there are the few of us that are willing to ask questions, such as the ones I ask and the one you just asked me. I do think that the majority of women have a sort of, passivity that can serve as both a weapon and a wound. It allows women to "pick their battles" so to speak, more precisely than most men, but then it leads to never wanting to fight for anything at all, or never seeing the point in it, it's this attitude that I think has carried most of the weight for holding us back for so long. I will also agree that the majority of men seem to have a certain thirst for authority or dominance whether or not it is actually deserved or appropriate. Humans may technically be animals, but just because something "feels" right doesn't always means it is. Humans have also been proven to follow more than lead, its obvious in the way that trends, advertising, fear, etc works so well in society. I think that naturally men and women will be able to shrug off these roles with time, in the form of natural sociocultural evolution. I mean lets be honest, in the 1910's would you have ever thought a woman could drive a car or a man could babysit his kids for even once? I mean, you're talking about sitting with the kids and and acknowledging that your wife may be "too tired to cook"?The idea was unheard of! ( American wives in colonial times would sometimes come from working in the fields and be made to make dinner in a "bitch i want chicken!" style LOL) The roles as slowly loosened up over time and I think that with time they will just "evaporate" with time. As for those of us that would like the shrug off that stereotype ( and truthfully, I do think that a lot of women are just [i]not
thinking, especially to how fast they bend to men's, the economy and other womens wills and expectations), may be whats "coming next" (Note to self: find a way to sound more like a pompous asshole, come on! you can do it, tongue) I mean, more educated, more thoughtful and opinionated, etc; and in a country where that is not usually taken well from women, it does (naturally) arouse some anger , I think that if society as a whole could accept women like this as individuals and not as a bunch of stuck up brats who don't know "their place", then we can surely have harmony. AND due to the fact that men have obviously made some great changes over time as well, I amjust more encouraged to think that it will all happen on its own, with the right people and at the right time.

Yes, it is relatively new but you must remember that many Nigerian women are not as civilized as their Western others. Not everyone has a chance at an education which not only builds their mind, but sharpens their logic. Furthermore, they live in a country where tradition/religion actually dictates what governs the people. Those teaching them at the schools are feeding them nonsense. Since a lot of them live at/below poverty line and cannot afford the education to train their thoughts, they have no choice but to adapt to what has been in practice. Is it fair? No, but do you have a solution for it?

I agree with this entirely. and it is one the the greatest tragedies of our nation, that in out own country we can not excersise our minds to our full potentials, but abroad Nigerians are usually marveled at (labeled with tongue) for their intelligence. Again, I do think that it is something that we will have to do for ourselves, their are people that

So you suggest they find other alternatives? There are many jobs around, correct?
Well I can only truthfully speak for my area, but the job market round here is reaaaaaaaaaaalllllly tightening up, since high school graduates/college students are now competing for jobs with adults over 30 that didn't go to college, this fact is turning me into an "ageist" grin I do think that people will just have to manage here in US till things get better and people get smarter.

I agree with you - the part in bold - 500% . But I am still by no means promoting the idea that those who can cook should starve those who can't, because they feel cooking is a sign of weakness. That sort of punishment is cruel, especially when done to a person you love.
Yea I agree with that a lot! Infact, LOL, my mom taught me that when i tried to send my sister to bed without eating cause she didn't rake the leaves (or something just as dumb, hey i was petty when i was 13, sue me tongue), she said "You never, ever, EVER punish people with food!, EVER *common naija slap*" Which is true, I mean, thats just sinister!

LOL funny you say that. I saw an article recently which showed that far many years ago the products favored McFattening. Funny how things change, huh ?
Ugh, are you serious? Maybe Freud was right about people and their "Death Wish", but not with me, I'm one of the "freaks" *stirs pot of egusi soup* cool
I think the reluctance that most people have to eat healthy foods (when they are available) is just another part of people's "sheep-like" traits, I mean, so what if it is modern, easy to get and advertised everywhere? It makes you sick!

Yeah, but as a man who prefers some of the olden techniques of family structure, I would like to keep some of those intact because I believe it will work better in my house. What's more important to me is a happy family. If that can be done with me being a bread winner and my wife a housewife, I will gladly accept. If it requires me to help more around the house while my wife also works to support the family, that's fine too. If it includes asking my wife to take up the responsibilities of handling more of the household/motherhood duties while I work more, she shouldn't view that as me negating from her humanity. I can help around the house, help take care of my kids, etc . . . . . no problem. This does not make the women who take charge of the responsibilities of being a sort of "housewife" inferior to me.
I agree with all of this to smiley, It all depends on who you are and what will work for you as an individual and the most important thing is that you and you're family are happy with the life you have chosen. This is another reason why I don't agree with many feminists on the whole"family structure" idea, I want to have kids, love to cook, have to be sure my house is clean (tidyness calms me tongue) and why i want to be heavily involved in my work I would most likely slow it down after a few children and to some feminists this equals "brainwashed", i mean honestly, the whole point of "feminism" to me is women and men getting the most out of each other, I mean we can't just push each other onto separate islands, or [i]can [/i]we? *evil scientist cackle* tongue tongue tongue

The part in bold . . . what if the life you have, as a result of the place you live, doesn't give you too much lee-way?
Believe me, only a worthless man with no shame would wait for his wife to come home from work to feed him and still not help around the house. I do not wish that for any woman. I don't know if men like that exist because I am yet to run into them, or hear about them. Even traditional families that dump the title of "housewives" on women strongly expect the man to work hard and take charge of the family's upkeep.
you are right, and again I can't go around shoving pamphlets in peoples faces at the village, or [i]can [/i]I? But I will sit back and let nature take it course, there will always be people that see to be a bit "behind".
On the second part, I also agree and will admit that my perspective is limited on that, since the I rarely see families like the one you just described, what I usually see is; men, who may act out towards their working wives in fear of losing authority, which is sad to me.

In short, find someone you are compatible with who shares similar views as yours; otherwise, if you get stuck with a man whose brain is sewn in reverse there is no chance of you ever getting him to understand that you're "too tired to do laundry for the night". Grin
HAHAHAHAHAHA @ the part in bold! Yea, that really all there is to it, find what works for you, I'm just tired of seeing people let outside opinions and ideas control their actions in personal relationships, but then again a lot of people just aren't very independent in their thinking.

Are there husbands who wish to be househusbands? Maybe 1 in 10000?
Yep, they are there! But I'm not sure if we are at the point where we can "name" them yet so *Shhhhhhhhhh!* wink
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 1:46am On Aug 01, 2008
Feministic:

@ HCH3COO aw, I knew you missed me LOL
Don't flatter yourself  tongue aww I admit I did miss you

Which is one of the problems that I do have with any kind of formal religion, I see no problem with people's personal faith and see no harm in it, but when both those who do and don't [/i]follow a certain doctrine are effected by it's influence then it not only becomes an inconvenience but also hinders natural sociocultural progress.
Popular consensus agrees that majority rules.  The majority are deeply-rooted religionists.  When we become too concerned about the effects of established laws on those who disagree with them, we are shortchanging our societal stability.  Afterall, a rapist too will disagree with laws which oppose raping right?

I agree with this entirely.
OMG! You agree again.  I am beginning to think you will make a very good submissive wife.  grin  tongue

and it is one the the greatest tragedies of our nation, that in out own country we can not excersise our minds to our full potentials, but abroad Nigerians are usually marveled at (labeled with tongue) for their intelligence. Again, I do think that it is something that we will have to do for ourselves, their are people that
There are people like that but they are in the minority.  How will you go about lobbying for the change?

Well I can only truthfully speak for my area, but the job market round here is reaaaaaaaaaaalllllly tightening up, since high school graduates/college students are now competing for jobs with adults over 30 that didn't go to college, this fact is turning me into an "ageist" grin I do think that people will just have to manage here in US till things get better and people get smarter.
Not only are you a feminist you are also an "ageist", applause.  "Managing" is very unbecoming of a feminist.  Your prerogative is to hate and say no to oppression no matter what.  By managing you might want to reconsider your ideals.

Yea I agree with that a lot!
Since you're beginning to agree with everything I say.  Do you also agree that you could possibly fall in love with ME, or anyone else who prioritizes religion in their everyday life?
my email is on my profile if you want to give it a go tongue
Infact, LOL, my mom taught me [i]that when i tried to send my sister to bed without eating cause she didn't rake the leaves (or something just as dumb, hey i was petty when i was 13, sue me tongue),
MY GOODNESS!!! Meanie.  You began practicing feminism on your "sister" at the tender age of 13 . . . tell me something else I don't know please  embarassed
"You never, ever, EVER punish people with food!, EVER *common naija slap*" Which is true, I mean, thats just sinister!
Good gosh my ribs hurt.  Take that you sucker! I hope you have learned your lesson!

Ugh, are you serious? Maybe Freud was right about people and their "Death Wish", but not with me, I'm one of the "freaks" *stirs pot of egusi soup* cool
I think the reluctance that most people have to eat healthy foods (when they are available) is just another part of people's "sheep-like" traits, I mean, so what if it is modern, easy to get and advertised everywhere? It makes you sick!
To your delight, maybe you will find this amusing, they wanted to "fatten up" to look more appealing to the guy.  Remember I mentioned generational changes?   In those prior years the men wanted women with meat on their bodies - the big beautiful curvaceous women - not the skinny anorexic ones we're used to seeing today.

I agree with all of this to smiley,
  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry  angry
I am totally disappointed in you.  This discussion is no longer fun. 

It all depends on who you are and what will work for you as an individual and the most important thing is that you and you're family are happy with the life you have chosen. This is another reason why I don't agree with many feminists on the whole"family structure", idea
You mean even feminists disagree with each other too ?  tongue  grin  grin Course i'm joking!
I want to have kids, love to cook, have to be sure my house is clean (tidyness calms me tongue) and why i want to be heavily involved in my work I would most likely slow it down after a few children and to some feminists this equals "brainwashed", i mean honestly, the whole point of "feminism" to me is women and men getting the most out of each other, I mean we can't just push each other onto separate islands, or [i]can [/i]we? *evil scientist cackle* tongue tongue tongue
LOL! Push into separate  islands my black foot.  When women start itching for the nine-inch-nail, who is going to provide it?  I think we are doing just fine being together.  Since you love to cook, please contact me through email.  I am interested in applying for your "hubby" position, if it is still vacant.

you are right, and again I can't go around shoving pamphlets in peoples faces at the village, or [i]can [/i]I? But I will sit back and let nature take it course, there will always be people that see to be a bit "behind".
On the second part, I also agree and will admit that my perspective is limited on that, since the I rarely see families like the one you just described, what I usually see is; men, who may act out towards their working wives in fear of losing authority, which is sad to me.
Those men in fear of losing authority are insecure men.  When they begin maltreating their wives they get scared that she will leave them, because she can do just fine on her own too.  If you love your woman and  treat her with a healthy level of respect she will not have a reason to leave you unless she's the devil molded into human's skin.

HAHAHAHAHAHA @ the part in bold! Yea, that really all there is to it, find what works for you, I'm just tired of seeing people let outside opinions and ideas control their actions in personal relationships, but then again a lot of people just aren't very independent in their thinking.
It's okay to use outside opinions as a bowl of ideas that can essentially help you determine what you do decide to do, but if you embrace hypocrisy and wife inequity as part of the madness, you are in the wrong.  Even the bible which teaches that the man is the head of the household, enforces that the man must treat his wife with the same care, love, humility as  he does himself. 

Yep, they are there! But I'm not sure if we are at the point where we can "name" them yet so *Shhhhhhhhhh!* wink
I hope you don't seek out a man like that.  You are playing with serious turmoil  tongue .
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 2:44am On Aug 01, 2008
Feministic:

Ah, that part in bold is the real question, isn't it? In fact there is actually are very few feminists that are willing to ponder this question ( hence, why I know little to no other feminists LOL), seeing it as a "distraction" ( or whatever else they can pass it off as),
Do you ever wonder why they're afraid to answer the question?

but I have pondered this question personally and what I've come to think is that people in general are very "sheep-like", very few are born with (or able to develop) the ability to truly think for themselves, to question why they themselves do the things they do.
Male or female, very few are born with the ability to question what has been established. We're talking einstein, freudian territory now . . .

Then there are the few of us that are willing to ask questions, such as the ones I ask and the one you just asked me. I do think that the majority of women have a sort of, passivity that can serve as both a weapon and a wound. It allows women to "pick their battles" so to speak, more precisely than most men, but then it leads to never wanting to fight for anything at all, or never seeing the point in it, it's this attitude that I think has carried most of the weight for holding us back for so long.
In other words, some women choose to become "weak and sheepish" . They refused to question the actual cause of their problem. Men are not the ones responsible for it.

I will also agree that the majority of men seem to have a certain thirst for authority or dominance whether or not it is actually deserved or appropriate.
Correct.

Humans may technically be animals, but just because something "feels" right doesn't always means it is.
If it is the same way everyone around you lives, it will feel normal and you wouldn't venture out of that comfort zone. Environment has a profound impact on the way we live our lives.

Humans have also been proven to follow more than lead, its obvious in the way that trends, advertising, fear, etc works so well in society. I think that naturally men and women will be able to shrug off these roles with time, in the form of natural sociocultural evolution.
Maybe the day religion dies . . . . . but as you and I know, that's never going to happen. Unless you know something I don't know? Perhaps you're miss cleo and you can predict the future!

I mean lets be honest, in the 1910's would you have ever thought a woman could drive a car or a man could babysit his kids for even once? I mean, you're talking about sitting with the kids and and acknowledging that your wife may be "too tired to cook"?The idea was unheard of! ( American wives in colonial times would sometimes come from working in the fields and be made to make dinner in a "bitch i want chicken!" style LOL) The roles as slowly loosened up over time and I think that with time they will just "evaporate" with time.
As is always the case, when you challenge the way a "people" live, change occurs very slowly. The Nigerian populace is so far sunken into religion that I don't think our generation (and maybe even the next) will accept women as potential "heads" of their household.

As for those of us that would like the shrug off that stereotype ( and truthfully, I do think that a lot of women are just not thinking, especially to how fast they bend to men's, the economy and other womens wills and expectations), may be whats "coming next" (Note to self: find a way to sound more like a pompous asshole, come on! you can do it, tongue) I mean, more educated, more thoughtful and opinionated, etc; and in a country where that is not usually taken well from women, it does (naturally) arouse some anger ,
Believe me, the asshole route is not the best way to do it. It might land you that "common slap" like the one you had when you were 13. cheesy cheesy grin grin. I don't agree perse that they are unthoughtful or void of opinion because of the roles they play. I'm sure they have those opinions and express it amongst themselves when mama Ngozie is gossiping with Mama Kolawole, but when it comes to being outspoken a lot of them are timid. We had some strong women in Nigeria's past (like the female pioneers on television) . There just isn't enough of them to speak some sense into the others. There biggest problem is lack of orchestration and organization if anything. They can gossip but won't call themselves together to do anything about it.

I think that if society as a whole could accept women like this as individuals and not as a bunch of stuck up brats who don't know "their place", then we can surely have harmony. AND due to the fact that men have obviously made some great changes over time as well, I amjust more encouraged to think that it will all happen on its own, with the right people and at the right time.

Wow! You gave men credit too, how sweet. embarassed
It could happen and I'm not saying it won't, but you should know that we have very many societies with different laws governing them. Almost all societies base their laws on some type of religious propaganda. There in lies YOUR problem.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 2:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
Damn! I've lost interest. What's with the essays??
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by Condom: 3:30pm On Aug 01, 2008
setin shele
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2008
chiogo:

Damn! I've lost interest. What's with the essays??
Blame femi. She's the one flirtin me up. j/k tongue . you ran away from the other thread yesterday, whassup with that?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2008
[Quote]
HCH3OO
Blame femi.  She's the one flirtin me up.  j/k  .  you ran away from the other thread yesterday, whassup with that?[/quote]
I didn't run away. I just lost interest Cuz nobody was able to answer my question,lol. Besides, I was tired Cuz I had just got baq from work.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 4:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
Are you rejuvenated today? After a long night of rest you should be good to go.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2008
Umm, not really. Not until 2morrow. Besides, y'all nairalanders post too damn much! By the time I make one post, it goes 'while you were replying, 10 new posts have been made' wtf! Hahaha.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2008
Lol!! grin So you're saying you are a little
W
O
L
S

No worries, I'm sure you'er used to all that by now. Please try and keep up. And, why are you so young, dang!
I could feed you wheaties if you think it'll boost your age tongue
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2008
Lol, slow! Well, I am kind@ slow. I like to take my time in everything I do, and that includes aging. What are wheaties and how old is mr. 'Not young'??
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2008
Whaaat! You don't have a say in how fast you age. Mr. not young is actually young too but not as old as you're making him sound.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2008
Hahaha, I do have a say! Ok, is somebody goin to shoot you for saying exactly how young or old you are?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2008
You are, for I am scared of your wrath. Are you implying botox? Cos that's a no no. You may start looking like a female version of Michale Jackson, except without the color modification. grin grin . early twennies though. Happy a little? You owe me lucnh for that.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2008
Happy coo, happy nee. It took u around that # of years to reply. Lemme guess, you're 21 or 22.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 7:16pm On Aug 01, 2008
Even I have no clue.  If you have the hots for guys that age then maybe I can shed more info, but not until then.  grin  grin .
Okay sorry! I don't want your boyfriend enraged by comments o.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 7:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
L0L, I swear you got issues! Why do I have to have 'hots' or is it 'colds' to know ur age?? Ok, I got hots,Roflmao! so what is it?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2008
you for drop your request inside my inbox, i go tell you tongue . All requests take about 2 minutes to process, so don't be too concerned about the waiting time. How are you enjoying your summer ?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2008
Ha! You got jokes. Anywayz, I'm not enjoying the summer, it's work, work, and work! I just finished taking a precalculus class too. So, hopefully, less stress. So, how's ur summer in Arkansas?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2008
Not in Akinsaw Chidi, Chidima, Chidinma . . . good wild guess though. How was precalculus? You must have enjoyed it, right? I'm sure it was tons of fun. Nothing beats the beauty of purely algebraic mathematics. My summer has been awful, but I'm hanging in there. Your summer is almost over so suck it up. Few more weeks and school is back in session, right? Sure you acn't wait to see your kids, friends, boyfriends, what else did I miss . . . embarassed
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by Obas4sex: 9:30pm On Aug 01, 2008
Well, maybe they are afraid of heart break or they are still looking for Mr RIGHT.lol cool
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by chiogo(f): 11:09pm On Aug 01, 2008
HCH3COO
[Quote]Not in Akinsaw Chidi, Chidima, Chidinma . . . good wild guess though.[/quote]
None of the above! I see someone has been peepin on my myspace,lol.

[Quote] 
How was precalculus?  You must have enjoyed it, right?  I'm sure it was tons of fun.  Nothing beats the beauty of purely algebraic mathematics.[/quote]
Huh? That shit was hard, I almost quit but because of the trust my teacher had in me for putting me in the program in the first place, I stuck it out. But I gotta say, at the end, it didn't seem as hard as I thought. Pheww, math!

[Quote]
My summer has been awful, but I'm hanging in there.[/quote]
And why is that?? 

[Quote]
Your summer is almost over so suck it up.  Few more weeks and school is back in session, right?  Sure you acn't wait to see your kids, friends, boyfriends, what else did I miss . . .[/quote]
Umm, I have a month left before skool starts. I hate to call it weeks Cuz that place called skool is hell. I can't wait tho - senior yr finally!
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2008
chiogo:

HCH3COONone of the above! I see someone has been peepin on my myspace,lol.
Actually, it was fb.  me not on myspace. tongue . So, which one is it 

Huh? That shit was hard, I almost quit but because of the trust my teacher had in me for putting me in the program in the first place, I stuck it out. But I gotta say, at the end, it didn't seem as hard as I thought. Pheww, math!
Quit being a pansy!  It was as easy as ABC, and most importantly you did it. good job!
If you get stuck in the future, fax me your problem sets and I will be glad to crucify them for you  wink
And why is that??
Because I've been getting bleeped in the most ridiculous ways. . . . figure of speech.
Umm, I have a month left before school starts. I hate to call it weeks Cuz that place called school is hell. I can't wait tho - senior yr finally!
Woohoo! Then welcome to college  cool  grin  grin .  Don't get senioritis now.  Counting on ya  cheesy

[quote][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Wise Woman Builds Her Home Herself. / . / Shame To Womanhood, See What A Black Woman Posted On Facebook

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.