Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands (9284 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Why Do Educated Women Marry Late? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2008
What are you smoking undecided
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by KojoAseda(m): 6:33am On Aug 04, 2008
Nothing. But I respect women, that's all.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by HCH3COO: 8:11am On Aug 04, 2008
Kojo Aseda:

Nothing. But I respect women, that's all.
Me too.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by amaikama(m): 2:54pm On Apr 23, 2009
@poster!! that the reason!! cause they are educated. angry
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by presido1: 3:50pm On Apr 23, 2009
Education is not bad both for man/woman but some chose to use it differently. How ever educated you are somebody must head the home(You can't have two captains/no captain in a ship) and that head can never be the woman. Being the head does not mean the others (Wife and children) are slaves. Itz just natural and itz only foolish men that brags about it. Being submissive(preparing food and doing some other home duties) don't mean you are a slave. A responsible man will always help you on all those women duties out of love not that you will sit on the couch watching eastenders/holyoaks while he do that. Itz even fun when he help out as she is preparing the soup/whatever. At least when you want to collect Maggi he will also collect one meat and do like nothing happend grin grin grin.

Submit to him and every other thing will be added to spice the marriage. Our mothers were educated yet they obeyed/submitted to their husbands and there were less divorce and separation.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by MrCrackles(m): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2009
Topic

So husbands have now become homework or assignments? shocked
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by amaikama(m): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2010
@ ALL, the poster must have had one experience or the other either from friends or neighbor before he voice out. there is an oatar of truth to what he said. for a woman to have a qualitative education is never a crime neither it is a sin. her ability to have that education is to be a help mate for the husband not to compete with him as the head of the house or go against his decisions, i tell u, some women are very good at going against their husband instructions just cause they are educated or their take home is more than the husband.

Its only Godly women who knows what the scriptures says that are very submissive, let me repeat that again in quote,"VERY" submissive. the moment a woman became proud of her achievement in life neglecting the word. she is heading to destruction, that goes for the men too.

This my opinion.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by tlops(m): 4:34pm On Feb 06, 2011
because education librates
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by oraclefemi(m): 3:25am On Oct 12, 2011
If there is no issue with this then why is it that the rate of educated and well to do spinsters are on the increase?? men just wont marry them , we have ego issues , its in our DNA, if you wont submit to me as a man , grow some balls and a dyke to forrk yourself and make babies!
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by ingenous2000: 12:46am On Apr 16, 2012
[quote author=JustGood]It's easy to see why many marriages dont work

Unless a woman accepts that she has to be submissive as a support for her husband and the husband decides to love his wife unconditionally, it will be one problem after the other and one marriage after the other.

After I got married, we had problems at the initial stage because we both had ideas which were not workable. But for the grace of God, we would have parted ways. We had our parents and other elders who counselled us and told us that it was normal for us to have such disagreements at the start.

We both had to come to a realisation of the fact that we had seperate responsibilities in the household and my wife learn to be submissive. She's enjoying the fruits now tongue[/quote. thank God for you.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by agiboma(f): 2:07am On Apr 16, 2012
randy: Whats going on!!!

this is an old post but i found it funny, you know my hubby once told me " if you where dumb, we would get along better" LOLZ.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by DaDewdropsNVS: 3:38am On Jan 29, 2013
First of all. . . if you are not a CHRISTMAS GOAT OF A WIFE. . . AS IN 'CHRISTIAN WIFE'. . . The concept of submitting is lost on you. kiss
The word 'submitting' is STRICTLY A CHRISTIAN CONCEPT SHROUDED IN MENTAL AND PHYSICAL SLAVERY. . .

Educated or not. . . I see men and women as submitting to themselves depending on the circumstances. . . .EQUAL PARTNERS. . .VARYING DEGREES! kiss
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by Shinatu: 11:45am On Jan 29, 2013
agiboma:

this is an old post but i found it funny, you know my hubby once told me " if you where dumb, we would get along better" LOLZ.

He is right you know, if u were dump you would not notice many of the wrong things he probably does/says, talkless of criticising him.
Many people Male/Female feel more comfortable with people we know will never see our wrong, where we can be local champions!
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by bukatyne(f): 11:53am On Jan 29, 2013
Shinatu:

He is right you know, if u were dump you would not notice many of the wrong things he probably does/says, talkless of criticising him.
Many people Male/Female feel more comfortable with people we know will never see our wrong, where we can be local champions!
Splendid!
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by victorian(f): 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2013
Op, certainly not true and not in all cases...Its an inbuilt thing to submit to my husband, it's not done.. Even my married female frnds that are very well educated are submissive , so pls don't generalize...not fair
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by bukatyne(f): 12:19pm On Jan 29, 2013
victorian: Op, certainly not true and not in all cases...I dare not submit to my husband, it's not done.. Even my married female frnds that are very well educated are submissive , so pls don't generalize...not fair
What do you mean by submission? the tone of your post is ...
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by victorian(f): 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Sorry It's a ,grammatical error lipsrsealed... Its an inbuilt virtue, and av been trained from childhood to be very submissive to whosoever I marry ....and my friend are also submissive to their husband s too, even though, they are well educated.. U can't try , not to be submissive from my father's compound.. It's just there...
Thanks bukatyne. smiley
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by nonylove: 1:18pm On Jan 29, 2013
rubi: @ When a man love/treats his wife very well irregardless of anything submission flows naturally

This is what they fail to realize. respect is reciprocal! treat me as u want to be treated. any wise man should know how and where to touch his wife and life becomes easy.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by bukatyne(f): 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
victorian: Sorry It's a ,grammatical error lipsrsealed... Its an inbuilt virtue, and av been trained from childhood to be very submissive to whosoever I marry ....and my friend are also submissive to their husband s too, even though, they are well educated.. U can't try , not to be submissive from my father's compound.. It's just there...
Thanks bukatyne. smiley
You have not defined what you mean by submission.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by victorian(f): 3:30pm On Jan 29, 2013
Submission means obeying my husband, especially when he is right.. And if he is wrong, I will tell him calmly, the reason why he should see to my own reason and idea.. Thank God, am with a man who listens cheesy...Am not ready to compete with him, neither am ready to show I over Sabi or quote law.. If he wants certain things to be done , at a certain times, I will try as much as possible to make it happen, especially as I am my own boss at work. And if he wants egusi soup instead of oha, I will prepare it, instead of preparing something else for him , giving excuse that u know , the weather is cold, lets take pepper soup and yam instead.. At least that few examples I can say for nw. Also, his clothes are always washed and ironed, except his suits, which he takes to the dry cleaner.... Household work is done by me... And am not complaining.. I see it, as a normal thing to do...and if he wants me to see his mother due to certain issues, I will see her pronto.. No delays or procastinations... That's me...
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by Shinatu: 4:33pm On Jan 29, 2013
^^^^^^^^ The muslim guy or the 'traditional marriage' that just took place?
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by bukatyne(f): 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
victorian: Submission means obeying my husband, especially when he is right.. And if he is wrong, I will tell him calmly, the reason why he should see to my own reason and idea.. Thank God, am with a man who listens cheesy...Am not ready to compete with him, neither am ready to show I over Sabi or quote law.. If he wants certain things to be done , at a certain times, I will try as much as possible to make it happen, especially as I am my own boss at work. And if he wants egusi soup instead of oha, I will prepare it, instead of preparing something else for him , giving excuse that u know , the weather is cold, lets take pepper soup and yam instead.. At least that few examples I can say for nw. Also, his clothes are always washed and ironed, except his suits, which he takes to the dry cleaner.... Household work is done by me... And am not complaining.. I see it, as a normal thing to do...and if he wants me to see his mother due to certain issues, I will see her pronto.. No delays or procastinations... That's me...
As far as it works for you.
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by victorian(f): 9:14pm On Jan 29, 2013
@ Shinatu, For the records I didn't marry the Muslim guy. smiley... It's the traditional marriage , I did with my Christian husband smiley

And yeah it's working for me... Hectic and interesting.. no doubt. .. And av accepted this phase of life as a compulsory and necessary stage of life.. Av waited long for this phase.. cheesy
Re: Why Do Most Educated Women Find It Very Difficult To Submit Their Husbands by bukatyne(f): 9:09am On Jan 30, 2013
victorian: @ Shinatu, For the records I didn't marry the Muslim guy. smiley... It's the traditional marriage , I did with my Christian husband smiley

And yeah it's working for me... Hectic and interesting.. no doubt. .. And av accepted this phase of life as a compulsory and necessary stage of life.. Av waited long for this phase.. cheesy
I have nothing against submission vic...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pregnant But No Symptoms / How Do I Ignore My Wife When She Is Taking Me For Granted Too Much? / Shame To Womanhood, See What A Black Woman Posted On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.