Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,142 members, 7,953,524 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:57 PM

Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion (17437 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
Olugbenger:

Most of his beliefs/ideas are already dead!
HA! Nairaland!! if I'm the president's son, and I read the above, I'll jump into the lagoon.. guy you wicked o grin
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by CyberG: 9:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
With only a population of ~1,704,515 (2006 census), what did the retardeen do in Bayelsa State? Without even any need to re-claim any land from the Atlantic, can anyone show pictures of his achievements? Lets wait if any of the 40 lapdogs will at least earn their pay today by posting pictures!
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
fashola looks like a president while GEJ looks like a businessman that found politics
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 9:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
Redoil:
you are a big olodo of the century. Is gej the governor of lagos state that he should be emulating a governor. Can you please diffenriate btw the function of a president of a nation and the function of a governor of a state.

Job title is not an excuse for incompetency and laziness or inability to emulate good work by others.

He knows a lot about both titles. GEJ was once a governor just like Fashola and till this very second, we are yet to see one single thing he achieved or vision he manifested as a governor.

Even as the president of Nigeria, he's best vision so far is cassava bread.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by LRNZH(m): 9:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
I'd like to see pics of the purportedly completed Eko Atlantic City....

Instead of how much clue (or lack of) that GEJ portrays

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by trix1: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Its amazing how people come here on NL to abuse the President of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Many of these people have never led even a small group of people, and have made no sort of achievement.
No sincere person would say Nigeria hasn't improved. Or you think all the improvements in Lag was done by Fashola alone?

You come here to insult GEJ, what did your father achieve in his life? Where were you when GEJ became deputy Gov of bayelsa? Even simple ward chairmanship election, you can't win, its to come and spew trash on NL!

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by LRNZH(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
I'd like to see pics of the purportedly completed Eko Atlantic City....

Instead of knowing how much clue (or lack of) that GEJ portrays
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by GARRIx7(m): 9:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
trix!:
Its amazing how people come here on NL to abuse the President of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Many of these people have never led even a small group of people, and have NO made no sort of achievement.

Shebi wen Zonathan insult Nigerians you dey prison.. Abi??

sad
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
GARRI (x7):

sad
one of the 18million mad people in NG

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
Kamanda:

Sir,are you saying that he is SLOW

AND that he is a LEARNER?

Sir,are you a student in kindergarten Elementary school?
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
trix!:
Many of these people have never led even a small group of people, and have NO made no sort of achievement.
No sincere person would say Nigeria hasn't improved. Or you think all the improvements in Lag was done by Fashola alone?

You come here to insult GEJ, what did your father achieve in his life? Where were you when GEJ became deputy Gov of bayelsa? Even simple ward chairmanship election, you can't win, its to come and spew trash on NL!
who extorted your bread?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
let dem build it wel so whn am grown wld take ma bitch n live dere ni
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Abrantie: 9:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
What exactly is this Eko Atlantic crap? I have yet to see any photos of this project. Is it the biggest Eko Bank on water?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by trix1: 9:26pm On Feb 21, 2013
GARRI (x7):

sad

How did he insult Nigerians? What value have you added as an individual to the progress of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Abrantie: What exactly is this Eko Atlantic crap? I have yet to see any photos of this project. Is it the biggest Eko Bank on water?
no its inside the well, oponu lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by donwilz(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

He's too dull and incapable of emulating anything because he's visionless and void of credible and sane ideas.
He is the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Who the heck is your father?? A nobody... !!!

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by greaterlove(m): 9:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
One thing I like about my president is his humility, he put aside politics to make sure he was present at an event that is for the good of not just lagos but the entire country. Take it or leave it, it takes maturity to do something like this. What keeps coming to my mind is would obj had done such? On the project, the day I watched the documentary about eko atlantic on cnn about 3-4yrs ago was the day I started respecting the man Fashola, I remember seeing tinubu taking a walk with fashola along the coastline in the documentary, that man just wan show say he dey relevant by all means. A good one from lagos state, hope other coastal states will do something similar.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
trix!:

Where were you when he is implementing decisions that labelled him as a slowpoke.?GEJ is a failure,take it or leave it.He is not fit to be the president of this country.Just like Lt president yar Adua( RIP), he is a shadow of himself,just that in the later,he is a sick man whose poor decisions might be attributed to his ill health.I know you are a psycopant! But you all are heading DOWN! DOWN!! DOWN!!!
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by babaowo: 9:44pm On Feb 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

He's an undertaker in Halloween costume..
.... bad boi!
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by trix1: 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
lynpetra:

Where were you when he is implementing decisions that labelled him as a slowpoke.?GEJ is a failure,take it or leave it.He is not fit to be the president of this country.Just like Lt president yar Adua( RIP), he is a shadow of himself,just that in the later,he is a sick man whose poor decisions might be attributed to his ill health.I know you are a psycopant! But you all are heading DOWN! DOWN!! DOWN!!!

You know I am a psychopath? And you know this how?

While I wouldn't stick my neck out and say GEJ has performed wonders, I wouldn't also say he's the worst thing to happen to Nigeria. I believe this thread is about Eko Atlantic? NO? He gave a speech, and Non of you commented on the contents of the speech, all you've done is hurl insults at him.
After all, the fact that you come up here hurling insults at your elders, shows that your father did such a poor Job raising you, yet I don't see you hurling insults at him.

He is not fit to run this country? What have you achieved in your whole life?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
I am beginning to believe my friends when they said that Nairaland is actually a place for the illiterate poor. Can you imagine people cursing a duely elected President, even when their fathers are failures ?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by gbokukueba(m): 9:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
Just out of curiosity did anyone notice the Army guy at the background... I wonder whose bag he's carrying so that is what they have turned commissioned soldiers into bag carrying soldiers... Smh
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by fonssy(f): 9:49pm On Feb 21, 2013
Pictures
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
gbokukueba: Just out of curiosity did anyone notice the Army guy at the background... I wonder whose bag he's carrying so that is what they have turned commissioned soldiers into bag carrying soldiers... Smh
what sort of username is this angry

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by PapaBrowne(m): 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
CyberG: With only a population of ~1,704,515 (2006 census), what did the retardeen do in Bayelsa State? Without even any need to re-claim any land from the Atlantic, can anyone show pictures of his achievements? Lets wait if any of the 40 lapdogs will at least earn their pay today by posting pictures!
I am tired of the stupidity that runs on Nairaland.
The shortest man in that picture(the lion of Bourdillion) is the key partner in this project. He was Governor of Lagos for 8 years while Jonathan was Governor of Bayelsa for 1 and 1/2 years. I want you to show me what Tinubu did in his 8 years as governor of Lagos asides accumulating the wealth of the ordinary citizens.
About what Jonathan has done as president- I can show you numerous things scattered all over the country which are unprecedented in Nigeria's history.
Bill Clinton surely must have noticed that the Murtala Mohammed Airport has improved considerably since Jonathan came on board. He probably also read about the signing off of the power sector to private companies and he knows that that is good news for Nigerians. His foundation is very interested in Food security and has noticed the renewed efforts at improving Agriculture as pursued by Adesina the Agric Minister.

Fashola is doing pretty well but anytime I'm in Lagos, the city doesn't look like one which has expended about 3 trillion Naira over the last 6 years.
Lagos is a very small patch of Land and the equivalent of some local governments in some states. 3 Trillion should build world class infrastructure of the type you see in many asian countries. But all I see is a 50km dual carraige road in Lekki that is taking 8 years to complete and then a good number of repaired roads accross the city-- roads that were built in the days Lagos was capital. The new projects been built are taking forever to complete and dont seem like they would see the light of day anytime soon. Some should please show me new real time infrastructure projects that Fashola has complted in 6 years as Governor of Nigeria's richest state whose infrastructure has already been built by the Federal Government.

I dont want to derail the topic. I am proud of this moment in history. Lagos needs Eko Atlantic to stand shoulders amonst its peers worldwide. I am proud of the city and wish so bad for it to be completed on time. Happy also to see Jonathan, Tinubu and Fashola in the same picture put aside partisanship to support development.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
lynpetra:

Sir,are you a student in kindergarten Elementary school?

Madam, are you a serving or retired Ashi?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
trix!:

You know I am a psychopath? And you know this how?

While I wouldn't stick my neck out and say GEJ has performed wonders, I wouldn't also say he's the worst thing to happen to Nigeria. I believe this thread is about Eko Atlantic? NO? He gave a speech, and Non of you commented on the contents of the speech, all you've done is hurl insults at him.
After all, the fact that you come up here hurling insults at your elders, shows that your father did such a poor Job raising you, yet I don't see you hurling insults at him.

He is not fit to run this country? What have you achieved in your whole life?

What I have achievedAm a graduate,got my own business by working hard under hot scorching sun.GEJ govt did not contribute to who I am today,not even his worthless policies! Therefore I can criticize him if I want
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by hercules07: 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
PapaBrowne:
I am tired of the stupidity that runs on Nairaland.
The shortest man in that picture(the lion of Bourdillion) is the key partner in this project. He was Governor of Lagos for 8 years while Jonathan was Governor of Bayelsa for 1 and 1/2 years. I want you to show me what Tinubu did in his 8 years as governor of Lagos asides accumulating the wealth of the ordinary citizens.
About what Jonathan has done as president- I can show you numerous things scattered all over the country which are unprecedented in Nigeria's history.
Bill Clinton surely must have noticed that the Murtala Mohammed Airport has improved considerably since Jonathan came on board. He probably also read about the signing off of the power sector to private companies and he knows that that is good news for Nigerians. His foundation is very interested in Food security and has noticed the renewed efforts at improving Agriculture as pursued by Adesina the Agric Minister.

Fashola is doing pretty well but anytime I'm in Lagos, the city doesn't look like one which has expended about 3 trillion Naira over the last 6 years.
Lagos is a very small patch of Land and the equivalent of some local governments in some states. 3 Trillion should build world class infrastructure of the type you see in many asian countries. But all I see is a 50km dual carraige road in Lekki that is taking 8 years to complete and then a good number of repaired roads accross the city-- roads that were built in the days Lagos was capital. The new projects been built are taking forever to complete and dont seem like they would see the light of day anytime soon. Some should please show me new real time infrastructure projects that Fashola has complted in 6 years as Governor of Nigeria's richest state whose infrastructure has already been built by the Federal Government.

I dont want to derail the topic. I am proud of this moment in history. Lagos needs Eko Atlantic to stand shoulders amonst its peers worldwide. I am proud of the city and wish so bad for it to be completed on time. Happy also to see Jonathan, Tinubu and Fashola in the same picture put aside partisanship to support development.

Can you provide proof for the 3 trillion? GEJ has had far more than that and there is nothing to show for it.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
Kamanda:

Madam, are you a serving or retired Ashi?

Na your mama cos am ooo my sister! She picked me up and taught me how to survive thru the sale of my virtue,then I bow down to vice.Your mama wicked poop# crying uncontrollably#
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
@ kamanda.You be man sef.wow! You acted like you ve got puzzzy.lols

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by lacasa: 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
The mumu has to bow to a governor performing more than himself

Fashola the best

APC na sure banker cool

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by PapaBrowne(m): 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
hercules07:

Can you provide proof for the 3 trillion? GEJ has had far more than that and there is nothing to show for it.

Proof of 3 trillion?? Calculate the budget over the past 6 years and include the loans and you'll see its much more than 3 trillion.

I wouldn't hold forth for Jonathan. Even though I think he has performed better than all the previous presidents, I think his Government is also very wasteful. Besides Nigeria is a very large and complex country and I cannot see all that is happening accroos board at the same time. But from what I have seen, his 2 years performance beats OBJ'S 8 years, Abacha's 5 years, Babangida's 8 years, Buhari's 2 years and Shagari's 4 years, same way Fashola's first 2 years were better than Tinubu's 8 years combined.

As for Lagos, sincerely, there is little improvement to justify Fahsola's 3 trillion. I have been in many cities worldwide and I have lived in a city that witnessed transformation in such a short period. Lagos is growing especially economically, but infrastructural development is crawling. If the city is to move at this pace, it would take another 70 years to bring the city to mere Johannesburg's standard.
But still I appreciate Fashola's effort because governance is collective and must involve the participation of the citizenry. Nigerians are not very good citizens so it makes the effort of good leaders look slow.
Why should it take a Chaougory who is originally Lebanese to dream up a wonderful project like this? Why are the wealthy Nigerians thinking of how to create new narratives like this Eko Atlantic?? If we had more Chaugoriys as Nigerians, the country would be better for it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan Celebrates KPMG's Top 100 Ranking Of Nigeria's High Speed Rail / Igbos More Concern On Our Status In Nigeria Than Igbo Presidency – Prof. Nwosu / Igbos In Lagos Adopt "Back Home" Strategy. How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.