Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:52 AM

Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion (17442 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by trix1: 10:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
lynpetra:

What I have achievedAm a graduate,got my own business by working hard under hot scorching sun.GEJ govt did not contribute to who I am today,not even his worthless policies! Therefore I can criticize him if I want

since you think graduating is an achievement, GEJ has a PhD! That trumps your Grad degree!!
you have your own business? And the federal Govt has done nothing that has improved your life? You sound like someone that thinks all her problems is caused by others. When last did you even pay tax?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by mbhs139(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
trix!:
Its amazing how people come here on NL to abuse the President of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Many of these people have never led even a small group of people, and have made no sort of achievement.
No sincere person would say Nigeria hasn't improved. Or you think all the improvements in Lag was done by Fashola alone?

You come here to insult GEJ, what did your father achieve in his life? Where were you when GEJ became deputy Gov of bayelsa? Even simple ward chairmanship election, you can't win, its to come and spew trash on NL!

i don't think it is everybody that will become president, governor, dangote or adenuga.

that does not stop someone from making their views known.

that is their views, let's leave it to them
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by SKYQUEST(m): 10:12pm On Feb 21, 2013
PapaBrowne:
I am tired of the stupidity that runs on Nairaland.
The shortest man in that picture(the lion of Bourdillion) is the key partner in this project. He was Governor of Lagos for 8 years while Jonathan was Governor of Bayelsa for 1 and 1/2 years. I want you to show me what Tinubu did in his 8 years as governor of Lagos asides accumulating the wealth of the ordinary citizens.
About what Jonathan has done as president- I can show you numerous things scattered all over the country which are unprecedented in Nigeria's history.
Bill Clinton surely must have noticed that the Murtala Mohammed Airport has improved considerably since Jonathan came on board. He probably also read about the signing off of the power sector to private companies and he knows that that is good news for Nigerians. His foundation is very interested in Food security and has noticed the renewed efforts at improving Agriculture as pursued by Adesina the Agric Minister.

Fashola is doing pretty well but anytime I'm in Lagos, the city doesn't look like one which has expended about 3 trillion Naira over the last 6 years.
Lagos is a very small patch of Land and the equivalent of some local governments in some states. 3 Trillion should build world class infrastructure of the type you see in many asian countries. But all I see is a 50km dual carraige road in Lekki that is taking 8 years to complete and then a good number of repaired roads accross the city-- roads that were built in the days Lagos was capital. The new projects been built are taking forever to complete and dont seem like they would see the light of day anytime soon. Some should please show me new real time infrastructure projects that Fashola has complted in 6 years as Governor of Nigeria's richest state whose infrastructure has already been built by the Federal Government.

I dont want to derail the topic. I am proud of this moment in history. Lagos needs Eko Atlantic to stand shoulders amonst its peers worldwide. I am proud of the city and wish so bad for it to be completed on time. Happy also to see Jonathan, Tinubu and Fashola in the same picture put aside partisanship to support development.

At last I can see some intelligent discuss that one can have brilliant discussions on and agree or disagree with based on substance rather than the too many sadist comments that just post anything because they can afford an internet connection.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by doctokwus: 10:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

Even as the president of Nigeria, he's best vision so far is cassava bread.
Evn cassava bread was not original to him.Many don't seem to rememba Obasanjo advocated& publicly ate cassava bread @Aso rock when he was president,so no one shd attribute cassava bread,as simplistic as it sounds,to him
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by SKYQUEST(m): 10:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Proof of 3 trillion?? Calculate the budget over the past 6 years and include the loans and you'll see its much more than 3 trillion.

I wouldn't hold forth for Jonathan. Even though I think he has performed better than all the previous presidents, I think his Government is also very wasteful. Besides Nigeria is a very large and complex country and I cannot see all that is happening accroos board at the same time. But from what I have seen, his 2 years performance beats OBJ'S 8 years, Abacha's 5 years, Babangida's 8 years, Buhari's 2 years and Shagari's 4 years, same way Fashola's first 2 years were better than Tinubu's 8 years combined.

As for Lagos, sincerely, there is little improvement to justify Fahsola's 3 trillion. I have been in many cities worldwide and I have lived in a city that witnessed transformation in such a short period. Lagos is growing especially economically, but infrastructural development is crawling. If the city is to move at this pace, it would take another 70 years to bring the city to mere Johannesburg's standard.
But still I appreciate Fashola's effort because governance is collective and must involve the participation of the citizenry. Nigerians are not very good citizens so it makes the effort of good leaders look slow.
Why should it take a Chaougory who is originally Lebanese to dream up a wonderful project like this? Why are the wealthy Nigerians thinking of how to create new narratives like this Eko Atlantic?? If we had more Chaugoriys as Nigerians, the country would be better for it.

Bros, even if i don't completely agree with you, there are however some truth in your submissions

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by SKYQUEST(m): 10:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
Fashola has done well so far in my opinion. However, given the available resources to Lagos and the job scope in terms of the size of Lagos, I believe some folks will outperform his excellence, the governor.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 10:22pm On Feb 21, 2013
donwilz: He is the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Who the heck is your father?? A nobody... !!!

Go and ask your dullard father that dullard question you dumb azzss good for nothing internet oponu.

What's anybody's father got to do with your incompetent cassava bread loser who's achievement with trillions in oil money is cassava bread?

STFU...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 10:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Proof of 3 trillion?? Calculate the budget over the past 6 years and include the loans and you'll see its much more than 3 trillion.

I wouldn't hold forth for Jonathan. Even though I think he has performed better than all the previous presidents, I think his Government is also very wasteful. Besides Nigeria is a very large and complex country and I cannot see all that is happening accroos board at the same time. But from what I have seen, his 2 years performance beats OBJ'S 8 years, Abacha's 5 years, Babangida's 8 years, Buhari's 2 years and Shagari's 4 years, same way Fashola's first 2 years were better than Tinubu's 8 years combined.

As for Lagos, sincerely, there is little improvement to justify Fahsola's 3 trillion. I have been in many cities worldwide and I have lived in a city that witnessed transformation in such a short period. Lagos is growing especially economically, but infrastructural development is crawling. If the city is to move at this pace, it would take another 70 years to bring the city to mere Johannesburg's standard.
But still I appreciate Fashola's effort because governance is collective and must involve the participation of the citizenry. Nigerians are not very good citizens so it makes the effort of good leaders look slow.
Why should it take a Chaougory who is originally Lebanese to dream up a wonderful project like this? Why are the wealthy Nigerians thinking of how to create new narratives like this Eko Atlantic?? If we had more Chaugoriys as Nigerians, the country would be better for it.

Load of the same recycled and regurgitated rubbish minus facts. You know how to run your mouth, but your downfall is always lack facts and common sense.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Symphony007: 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
It's amusing reading some of the negative comments here about the president. Because it just shows an exceptional level of idiocy and pure personal hate for the guy. Disagree with his policies but when you throw in all this personal attacks you seem petty and frankly tribal!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by disboy: 10:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
gbokukueba: Just out of curiosity did anyone notice the Army guy at the background... I wonder whose bag he's carrying so that is what they have turned commissioned soldiers into bag carrying soldiers... Smh

So as old as u are,u dont know that d president is the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federation?And he is entitled to an ADC?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Chimezie250(m): 10:40pm On Feb 21, 2013
Olugbenger:

Most of his beliefs/ideas are already dead!
guy u wicked ooooooohhhhhh
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by ezendiigbo1: 10:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Goodluck isβ€Žβ€‹ always dressed like someone going for a funeral??

Why na??

angry angry
So because GEJ is not putting on the apparells of your colonial masters,he is not well dressed?
You are an hopeless idiott.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by ezendiigbo1: 10:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
GEJ is too matured and humble for my liking.
He should have dealt with them the way their own son OBJ dealt with them.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Dee60: 10:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
Completion ke? A city that is yet to start to build! Haba!
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Fesisko(m): 11:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
trix!:
Its amazing how people come here on NL to abuse the President of the federal Republic of Nigeria.
Many of these people have never led even a small group of people, and have made no sort of achievement.
No sincere person would say Nigeria hasn't improved. Or you think all the improvements in Lag was done by Fashola alone?

You come here to insult GEJ, what did your father achieve in his life? Where were you when GEJ became deputy Gov of bayelsa? Even simple ward chairmanship election, you can't win, its to come and spew trash on NL!
thats why they were elected!no excuse my dear.Must everybody hold political office?the fact that some people can't win a ward or councelorship/chairmanship election does n't mean those who re entrusted with political offices shouldn't perform their job deligently.if everybody aspire to be a political office holder,na who go vote na?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2013
What pains me most is the fact that if it's something for the common man,, it'll takes too damn long to be approved, budgeted for, contracted, and too many phases before the common man benefits. But if it's something that the rich are invested in, that's the dream of the rich, that's their plan for investment, it's quickly approved and government play vital roles in ensuring such projects are pushed through.

We can debate health care for all Nigerians like the constitution demands for years but when it comes to removing a phantom "subsidy" that'll make oil marketers richer in the scheme of things, decisions are reached so fast, the people revolt to react to the result of such decisions..

I never liked the Eko Atlantic project. Whether public private or what not, it doesn't bug me. It's just that the speed at which such projects were quickly planned and executed both on government and private sector's part, it saddens me that such dedication and attention are not given to issues and projects for the common man. Look how long we've been debating East west road, Benin-Ore road second, Niger bridge, minimum wage is still a shame when reps, senators ministers etc.. are laughing to the bank with our sweat, blood and years of pain in this nation called Nigeria. I didn't grow up knowing a peaceful and safe Nigeria. That's painful enough. Yet government give more attention to projects that are elitist in nature.

The common man needs speedy attention too. We living in hell here.

E be like say dem want to talk, another story again oo..

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by kooto(m): 11:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

He's too dull and incapable of emulating anything because he's visionless and void of credible and sane ideas.
That is not true, and because it's not true makes it unfair, GEJ is docile;yes that is why looting is more pronounced, but he as put more good things in place in his short period than what obasanjo did in 8years.
these are facts you will see if you follow things with open mind.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 11:30pm On Feb 21, 2013
kooto:
That is not true, and because it's not true makes it unfair, GEJ is docile;yes that is why looting is more pronounced, but he as put more good things in place in his short period than what obasanjo did in 8years.
these are facts you will see if you follow things with open mind.

He's put more good things in place but looting is more pronounced under him? smh

You are not a good defender of the great Odechukwu el retardeen.

BTW, exactly what good things did he put in place?
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 11:45pm On Feb 21, 2013
0lumide: What pains me most is the fact that if it's something for the common man,, it'll takes too damn long to be approved, budgeted for, contracted, and too many phases before the common man benefits. But if it's something that the rich are invested in, that's the dream of the rich, that's their plan for investment, it's quickly approved and government play vital roles in ensuring such projects are pushed through.

We can debate health care for all Nigerians like the constitution demands for years but when it comes to removing a phantom "subsidy" that'll make oil marketers richer in the scheme of things, decisions are reached so fast, the people revolt to react to the result of such decisions..

I never liked the Eko Atlantic project. Whether public private or what not, it doesn't bug me. It's just that the speed at which such projects were quickly planned and executed both on government and private sector's part, it saddens me that such dedication and attention are not given to issues and projects for the common man. Look how long we've been debating East west road, Benin-Ore road second, Niger bridge, minimum wage is still a shame when reps, senators ministers etc.. are laughing to the bank with our sweat, blood and years of pain in this nation called Nigeria. I didn't grow up knowing a peaceful and safe Nigeria. That's painful enough. Yet government give more attention to projects that are elitist in nature.

The common man needs speedy attention too. We living in hell here.

E be like say dem want to talk, another story again oo..

You can not give millions common man free money and survive as a society

You can not give millions common man free accommodation and survive as a society

The only way to help the common man is to give the common man the means to help himself in form of wage earning work and job creation which is exactly what Eko Atlantic is going to do. Thousands of common man will feed and accommodate their families because if this single project because this project can not build itself, it cannot maintain itself, it can not manage itself.

4 Billion dollars construction money flushed into the economy means money money for local electricians, plumbers, tile layers, painters, window installers, building and road construction workers, local engineers, advertisers, food sellers, caterers, restaurants and many more...

Taxes collected by the state from every kobo spent on this project during and after construction means more state infrastructures more social services for the general society.

Everybody talk about helping the common man, but still criticize obvious initiatives that helps the common man, it makes no sense unless you have some free money and houses hidden somewhere to help the common man.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by sage2(m): 11:47pm On Feb 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

Load of the same recycled and regurgitated rubbish minus facts. You know how to run your mouth, but your downfall is always lack facts and common sense.

Then put him to shame since you have the facts.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 11:50pm On Feb 21, 2013
sage_:

Then put him to shame since you have the facts.

The burden is on him to back up his rubbish with facts and until we get the facts, it's all baseless rubbish.

You are free to help him with the facts if you are capable enough...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by ikweremilitant: 11:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

He's too dull and incapable of emulating anything because he's visionless and void of credible and sane ideas.
pls agbero go to bed d garage resume by 7am

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by sage2(m): 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
Eko Ile:

The burden is on him to back up his rubbish with facts and until we get the facts, it's all baseless rubbish.

You are free to help him with the facts if you are capable enough...

You are yet to come up with a superior argument to counter his assertions.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by ikweremilitant: 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
Igwe.:

And you think that you know what you're doing, Can't help but wonder if you can still say this same thing in the open?
wat do u expect frm a garagian.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 21, 2013
lynpetra:

Na your mama cos am ooo my sister! She picked me up and taught me how to survive thru the sale of my virtue,then I bow down to vice.Your mama wicked poop# crying uncontrollably#

Hmmm!!! As a social worker, I understand the delusional symptoms of retired Ashis.Take heart.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by talktimi(m): 12:03am On Feb 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

see mumu Olodo, when you saw GEJ today why didn't you open that you useless mouth to utter that nonsense. Its only on nairaland that you have power abi ? Ok let's just agree you were too busy carrying you oga's hand bag. FOOL
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by vandarsar(m): 12:08am On Feb 22, 2013
How about GEJ starts working and stop praising?

For me they shouldn't be opponent, they should be partner, stop politicizing every damn thing.

GEJ needs to work! The train he keeps mentioning is a shame. I wish he stops counting that as an achievement...

Igwe.:
This is what the world needs, praise your fellow human being including your opponent when he does something good, I wish this can be said about some other people about the efforts of their perceived opponent.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by dayokanu(m): 12:10am On Feb 22, 2013
Retardeen is only on the seat to praise, Condemn, eat and travel
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

You can not give millions common man free accommodation and survive as a society

The only way to help the common man is to give the common man the means to help himself in form of wage earning work and job creation which is exactly what Eko Atlantic is going to do. Thousands of common man will feed and accommodate their families because if this single project because this project can not build itself, it cannot maintain itself, it can not manage itself.

4 Billion dollars construction money flushed into the economy means money money for local electricians, plumbers, tile layers, painters, window installers, building and road construction workers, local engineers, advertisers, food sellers, caterers, restaurants and many more...

Taxes collected by the state from every kobo spent on this project during and after construction means more state infrastructures more social services for the general society.

Everybody talk about helping the common man, but still criticize obvious initiatives that helps the common man, it makes no sense unless you have some free money and houses hidden somewhere to help the common man.

In 18k/month minimum wage, how will projects like Eko atlantic help the common man if not enslave him more?

Tell me bro? So having brick layers etc.. working on site while the entire contract is in the hands of fellow rich is helping the common man?

Eko Atlantic is not an initiative to help the common man at all. It is an initiative to keep the rich getting richer. Tell me how a construction job on site in Eko atlantic will help the common man? please be realistic. I'm not an easily deceived person.

Why has Clinton been involved in this project since day one? D'banj doing a messed up show there, All the business power houses in Europe and US involved in this? The plan for Eko Atlantic came from Denmark. Which common man is in consideration in this project? You can't deceive me with talks like this. Be critically analytic and you will understand why this ain't no project for the common man.

Stop lying about taxes collected by the state for this project. What da Bleep? Show me any information that proves taxes were paid in this "public private" initiative. Show me!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by murtalaa(m): 12:46am On Feb 22, 2013
Just wait until the election time and see how Jonathanians will somehow take credits for the success of Atlantic city.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by GARRIx7(m): 12:56am On Feb 22, 2013
eze ndi-igbo1:
So because GEJ is not putting on the apparells of your colonial masters,he is not well dressed?
You are an hopeless idiott.

Hopeless f00l... you're doomed to ur eternal senselessness.

Do urself a favour and jump into the lagoon, you'll be glad you did...
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 12:57am On Feb 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

Well said. There are people who are just born to criticise anything in Nigeria. It's like the very act of criticism is like a tonic, or opium to them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Impeachment Plot Against Governor Aliyu Stopped / Obi, Obiano And Umeh At Offala Festival - Photos / We Are Behind Workers; Buhari Is Running Government Of Fraud – Igbo Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.