Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,466 members, 7,958,418 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion (17449 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Will Eko Atlantic City Be The Most Beautiful City In Africa After Completion? / First Eko Atlantic City Skyscraper Is Under Construction. Eko Pearl. Model Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by taharqa: 12:58am On Feb 22, 2013
hercules07:

Can you provide proof for the 3 trillion? GEJ has had far more than that and there is nothing to show for it.
There is nothing to show for it?...*smfh*

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Tedpgrass: 1:05am On Feb 22, 2013
tutu1: Nice picture, but Tinubu had to show up for event huh, is he now deputy governor of lagos state ; undecided

My thoughts exactly!!!
Marking attendance by standing beside Clinton

Making certain, he gets his ?30% allocation before re-selling at extortionate prices through his boys or companies!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 1:08am On Feb 22, 2013
sage_:

You are yet to come up with a superior argument to counter his assertions.

To start with, I don't argue baseless and fact less rubbish and if doing such is your cup of tea, please do so and stop quoting me with your dumb nonsense.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 1:15am On Feb 22, 2013
Tedpgrass:

My thoughts exactly!!!
Marking attendance by standing beside Clinton

Making certain, he gets his ?30% allocation before re-selling at extortionate prices through his boys or companies!!!!!!

This project manifested and the Clinton, GEJ and Fashola were at the ceremony because of the initiatives and actions of one man and that man is Tinubu.

Without Tinubu, no Eko Atlantic.

On his part, Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State commended his predecessor in office, Chief Bola Tinubu, for his foresight to kick-start the project.

http://www.article.com.ng/news/jonathan-clinton-fashola-launch-eko-atlantic-city-site/

You people really need to keep quiet and learn before opening your ignorant mouth..
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Tedpgrass: 1:23am On Feb 22, 2013
0lumide: What pains me most is the fact that if it's something for the common man,, it'll takes too damn long to be approved, budgeted for, contracted, and too many phases before the common man benefits. But if it's something that the rich are invested in, that's the dream of the rich, that's their plan for investment, it's quickly approved and government play vital roles in ensuring such projects are pushed through.

We can debate health care for all Nigerians like the constitution demands for years but when it comes to removing a phantom "subsidy" that'll make oil marketers richer in the scheme of things, decisions are reached so fast, the people revolt to react to the result of such decisions..

I never liked the Eko Atlantic project. Whether public private or what not, it doesn't bug me. It's just that the speed at which such projects were quickly planned and executed both on government and private sector's part, it saddens me that such dedication and attention are not given to issues and projects for the common man. Look how long we've been debating East west road, Benin-Ore road second, Niger bridge, minimum wage is still a shame when reps, senators ministers etc.. are laughing to the bank with our sweat, blood and years of pain in this nation called Nigeria. I didn't grow up knowing a peaceful and safe Nigeria. That's painful enough. Yet government give more attention to projects that are elitist in nature.

The common man needs speedy attention too. We living in hell here.

E be like say dem want to talk, another story again oo..

So on point.....

That's the downside of Fashola's administration. The elitist projects move quickly but those improving living standards of the average Joe aren't given as much importance, meanwhile the poor get poorer through mind-boggling taxes + "egunje"...

What it creates eventually is an unfair and uneven shift in social strata.

Then the same upper middle class people *presently hailing the new developments* will be the ones to suffer, when the lower class who have been further impoverished, turn on them!!!!. Resolving this, may take another decade.

That's why Fash has to do something now...
Draconian measures on the poor... will only alienate them. Be fair and measured in governance...... then your praise will be sung far and wide.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Tedpgrass: 1:32am On Feb 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

This project manifested and the Clinton, GEJ and Fashola were at the ceremony because of the initiatives and actions of one man and that man is Tinubu.

Without Tinubu, no Eko Atlantic.

http://www.article.com.ng/news/jonathan-clinton-fashola-launch-eko-atlantic-city-site/

You people really need to keep quiet and learn before opening your ignorant mouth..

Thanks for your response.

But it seems civil, balanced discussion is an art you are yet to master.
You sprout abuse at any contrary views without a balanced argument.

There are many projects finished off by incumbent officers which have not necessarily been graced by their predecessors.... That's statemanship!!!!

. So the Q is ....what is Tinubu doing there??..... if its not to also protect his investments in the project?

Till you can produce valid fail-proof evidence that Tinubu has no financial involvements (self or proxy) in Eko Atlantic city..... pls stop ur "bull-dog repertoire".!!!!!!

It's getting booorrrriiinnnggg!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 2:06am On Feb 22, 2013
Tedpgrass:

Thanks for your response.

But it seems civil, balanced discussion is an art you are yet to master.
You sprout abuse at any contrary views without a balanced argument.

There are many projects finished off by incumbent officers which have not necessarily been graced by their predecessors.... That's statemanship!!!!

. So the Q is ....what is Tinubu doing there ??..... if its not to also protect his investments in the project?

Till you can produce valid fail-proof evidence that Tinubu has no financial involvements (self or proxy) in Eko Atlantic city..... pls stop ur "bull-dog repertoire".!!!!!!

It's getting booorrrriiinnnggg!!!!

So you are mad because the man who foresight to kick-started the project and the former governor of Lagos state was there as expected?

Why do I have to convince you or prove to you if he has financial involvement or not? What's that got to do with anything? And even if he has, is it a crime or against the laws of Nigeria?

Why do you people create silly nonsense to argue about just because of petty hate and jealousy?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 22, 2013
This is great! I only hope that Eko Atlantic City will eventually become the financial center of Africa.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by EkoIle1: 2:16am On Feb 22, 2013
Tedpgrass:

So on point.....

That's the downside of Fashola's administration. The elitist projects move quickly but those improving living standards of the average Joe aren't given as much importance, meanwhile the poor get poorer through mind-boggling taxes + "egunje"...

What it creates eventually is an unfair and uneven shift in social strata.

Then the same upper middle class people *presently hailing the new developments* will be the ones to suffer, when the lower class who have been further impoverished, turn on them!!!!. Resolving this, may take another decade.

That's why Fash has to do something now...
Draconian measures on the poor... will only alienate them. Be fair and measured in governance...... then your praise will be sung far and wide.

This is for you and the other poster you quoted.

Let's say you are the governor of Lagos state and some investors picked your state to invest 6 billion dollars in and create thousands of jobs, are you going to say no? Are you going to say you don't need 6 billion dollars circulating in your economy and also that you don't need thousands of jobs because the common man have no food to eat and house to sleep in?

What is your job as the governor if you can not create opportunities for the same common man to obtain employment and feed his family?
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by greaterlove(m): 6:31am On Feb 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

You can not give millions common man free money and survive as a society

You can not give millions common man free accommodation and survive as a society

The only way to help the common man is to give the common man the means to help himself in form of wage earning work and job creation which is exactly what Eko Atlantic is going to do. Thousands of common man will feed and accommodate their families because if this single project because this project can not build itself, it cannot maintain itself, it can not manage itself.

4 Billion dollars construction money flushed into the economy means money money for local electricians, plumbers, tile layers, painters, window installers, building and road construction workers, local engineers, advertisers, food sellers, caterers, restaurants and many more...

Taxes collected by the state from every kobo spent on this project during and after construction means more state infrastructures more social services for the general society.

Everybody talk about helping the common man, but still criticize obvious initiatives that helps the common man, it makes no sense unless you have some free money and houses hidden somewhere to help the common man.

You are on point here. You display your intelligence when you want to defend the government of lagos state, but become bashful when people hold contrary views. I hope you will be able to put sentiments aside and defend people you disperse when they embark on a project like eko atlantic?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by omenka(m): 6:31am On Feb 22, 2013
Olugbenger:

Most of his beliefs/ideas are already dead!

Bros u deserve a ban for this!!
Most spot-on rply ever!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 22, 2013
Eko Ile:

This is for you and the other poster you quoted.

Let's say you are the governor of Lagos state and some investors picked your state to invest 6 billion dollars in and create thousands of jobs, are you going to say no? Are you going to say you don't need 6 billion dollars circulating in your economy and also that you don't need thousands of jobs because the common man have no food to eat and house to sleep in?

What is your job as the governor if you can not create opportunities for the same common man to obtain employment and feed his family?

In 18k/month minimum wage, how will projects like Eko atlantic help the common man if not enslave him more?

Tell me bro? So having brick layers etc.. working on site while the entire contract is in the hands of fellow rich is helping the common man?

Eko Atlantic is not an initiative to help the common man at all. It is an initiative to keep the rich getting richer. Tell me how a construction job on site in Eko atlantic will help the common man? please be realistic. I'm not an easily deceived person.

Why has Clinton been involved in this project since day one? D'banj doing a messed up show there, All the business power houses in Europe and US involved in this? The plan for Eko Atlantic came from Denmark. Which common man is in consideration in this project? You can't deceive me with talks like this. Be critically analytic and you will understand why this ain't no project for the common man.

Stop lying about taxes collected by the state for this project. What da Bleep? Show me any information that proves taxes were paid in this "public private" initiative. Show me!

Reply me since you seem to know about how elitist projects help the common man with your lame economic explanations..

Tell me how? Show me how this project will help the common man in an 18k/month minimum wage. People will just slave to build something they can never afford for a token. The real winners here are those who will get paid in contracts using cheap labour to finish their contracts.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by genxris: 7:01am On Feb 22, 2013
A typical yoruba man is only good at insults,abuse and talking like a woman. All of these people writing and casting insults on the person of Mr president are only good in noise making. If you or ur wonderful fathers are better than GEJ at presiding over nigeria why aren't they sitting in aso rock.
If GEJ didnt attend this eko atlantic show.these same people will insult him for not coming and now he attended the show ,they still open their "dirty amala smelling mouth to talk rubbbish".

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by modusviivendi(m): 7:24am On Feb 22, 2013
THIS THING SUPPOSED TA AT LEAST SIX YEARS JOOOR
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by buJu234: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2013
if only GEJ will get challenged by this results that he is seeing; Nigeria will b better
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by AbuHanifa: 8:40am On Feb 22, 2013
Tolexander: i dont want to say GEJ should emulate him.
Your Signature makes me laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by hercules07: 8:45am On Feb 22, 2013
taharqa: There is nothing to show for it?...*smfh*

Please enlighten me, please not with those sincerenigeria lists o, while you are at it, please list the costs as well.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by jaso1(m): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2013
@ Trix,
You are the mumu of the century. You have to start reasoning like normal human being.
What has age got to do with poor performance and irresponsible act of a President? It is obvious that you're far from the fact that an elected president is like errand boy selected by majority to manage affair of the country. If you now said challenging or pointing out govt. mistake is a sin and disrespect i think you should look for what's missing in your system.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Revolva(m): 12:06pm On Feb 22, 2013
So dats what he knoes how to do to praise other people work .he can't even do his properly its a big shame to him..what happen to the Silverbird entertainment city in abuja they planned !! HisS!!!
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by trix1: 2:46pm On Feb 22, 2013
jas_o: @ Trix,
You are the mumu of the century. You have to start reasoning like normal human being.
What has age got to do with poor performance and irresponsible act of a President? It is obvious that you're far from the fact that an elected president is like errand boy selected by majority to manage affair of the country. If you now said challenging or pointing out govt. mistake is a sin and disrespect i think you should look for what's missing in your system.

I find it appalling that you refer to The president of Nigeria as a mere errand boy. It just shows how shallow your thinking is.

I'm guessing you were not smart enough to read through all the posts before you said the rubbish that you said.

trix!:

You know I am a psychopath? And you know this how?

While I wouldn't stick my neck out and say GEJ has performed wonders, I wouldn't also say he's the worst thing to happen to Nigeria. I believe this thread is about Eko Atlantic? NO? He gave a speech, and Non of you commented on the contents of the speech, all you've done is hurl insults at him.
After all, the fact that you come up here hurling insults at your elders, shows that your father did such a poor Job raising you, yet I don't see you hurling insults at him.

He is not fit to run this country? What have you achieved in your whole life?

who is the mumu of the century now?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by ForNow: 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Goodluck is‎​ always dressed like someone going for a funeral??

Why na??

angry angry

That's his style, like an undertaker. What is your style?
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by ForNow: 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2013
jas_o: @ Trix,

What a display of an ill-brought up child! So you call your statement "that an elected president is like errand boy" equates to "challenging or pointing out govt. mistake". Can you say this about your father even when it is obvious he has made a serious blunder of a mistake by not training you on how to respect your elders and constituted authority.

Get some good home training!

God Bless GEJ.
God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by adconline(m): 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2013
Can we see some pictures of completely executed projects? Enough of imaginary 3D pictures! We talk plans and actions while other countries do the real work
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Mukaz: 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2013
Fashola GOD has chosen u as HIS holy begotten son to uplift Nigeria...So shall it be(AMEN)
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Olaolufred(m): 3:54pm On Feb 22, 2013
greaterlove: One thing I like about my president is his humility, he put aside politics to make sure he was present at an event that is for the good of not just lagos but the entire country. Take it or leave it, it takes maturity to do something like this. What keeps coming to my mind is would obj had done such? On the project, the day I watched the documentary about eko atlantic on cnn about 3-4yrs ago was the day I started respecting the man Fashola, I remember seeing tinubu taking a walk with fashola along the coastline in the documentary, that man just wan show say he dey relevant by all means. A good one from lagos state, hope other coastal states will do something similar.

If Goodluck Jonathan respects the mandate given to him by Nigerian and the people of Lagos state,
Then it is not an act of humility, It is absolutely about him doing his job.
It is not about maturity only, but much more about being responsible to his office.
Since comming to Lagos can not be taken as an act of favor,
Your painting can not be said to substantiate anything.
Bravo Fash for the lofty idea.
Bravo to GEJ for doing the right thing than to choose the looser's stand like it was in the days of OBJ.
LOng live Lagos. Eko o ni baje o.
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by creativemusic: 7:10pm On Feb 22, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Commends Lagos For Eko Atlantic City's Successful Completion by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
0lumide:

In 18k/month minimum wage, how will projects like Eko atlantic help the common man if not enslave him more?

Tell me bro? So having brick layers etc.. working on site while the entire contract is in the hands of fellow rich is helping the common man?

Eko Atlantic is not an initiative to help the common man at all. It is an initiative to keep the rich getting richer. Tell me how a construction job on site in Eko atlantic will help the common man? please be realistic. I'm not an easily deceived person.

Why has Clinton been involved in this project since day one? D'banj doing a messed up show there, All the business power houses in Europe and US involved in this? The plan for Eko Atlantic came from Denmark. Which common man is in consideration in this project? You can't deceive me with talks like this. Be critically analytic and you will understand why this ain't no project for the common man.

Stop lying about taxes collected by the state for this project. What da Bleep? Show me any information that proves taxes were paid in this "public private" initiative. Show me!

Reply me since you seem to know about how elitist projects help the common man with your lame economic explanations..

Tell me how? Show me how this project will help the common man in an 18k/month minimum wage. People will just slave to build something they can never afford for a token. The real winners here are those who will get paid in contracts using cheap labour to finish their contracts.
why will some people just talk so that people will notice them, dont you know what infrastructural development is? Especially one being developed by private sector, pls if you dnt know what to say just keep quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mokola Flyover Opens For Use On Tuesday, 25th June. / Driver Commits Suicide Over Police Extortion / Igbos More Concern On Our Status In Nigeria Than Igbo Presidency – Prof. Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.