Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class - Islam for Muslims (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class (28555 Views)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Why Are Muslim Students Still Wearing Hijab To School (see Pics) / French Rapper Stuns Fans, Makes First TV Appearance Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by MaAngwa: 7:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia:

In a government school,where all students are equal citizens,if a female decides not to wear hijab because she a Christian (who haven't read Corinthians),she shouldn't be forced to wear hijab even if the majority of the school is muslim.likewise,if a female decides to wear hijab,she has the right to even if the government school is majority non-muslim or Christian.had this happened in Anambra state,I won't be suprised.but this principal obviously from another region of Nigeria is bringing her ignorance and fanaticism in Lagos,a Yoruba state where indigenous Yorubas are majority muslim.this is NOT acceptable.the principal should go back to the east or wherever she is from to practice her extremism and hatred for Muslims.

It is very wrong and bad for the so call Principal to order the canning of that girl for 43 times even though I found it difficult to believe that a girl of that age can be given such strokes of can and she is still normal but I want to believe that the school has rules and regulations they need to abide. Let us keep sentiment apart and ask if the school has been using the ijab before now or the girl decided to put it on in violations to the school authority. What is bad is bad but we must seek for the truth before passing judgement blindly. Meanwhile, may I ask where did you get your data that majority of the people in the west are muslim, pls am interested and will like to know

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by elobyobi: 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
How come these stories never eventually say what was done about the matter? Was the principal punished? Was she applauded? Did Boko Haram bomb the school? We need a follow-up to these stories!
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by WaliyinAllah(m): 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
siddiq202: 12year-old given 43 strokes of cane over hijab

…MSSN calls for suspension of erring principal

Twelve-year–old and a JSS 1 student of Kadara Junior Grammar School, Ebute Metta, Lagos, Aisha Alabi was recently subjected to very horrible and inhuman treatment by the School Principal, Mrs. E.C Ukpaka, because she used hijab.

The Muslim Students’ Society of Nigeria (MSSN) Lagos State Area Unit in a press release signed by its PRO, Sulaimon Alamutu, therefore called the attention of the state government and the entire peace-loving citizens of the state to the inhuman, unprofessional and barbaric act of the principal.

“Our findings show that Aisha wore the Hijab outside the class in the school compound when she was seen by Mrs. Ukpaka who immediately called an emergency assembly and allegedly ordered her to be beaten. The students at the assembly, we learnt, counted no less than 43 strokes of cane landing on the hapless little girl’s body!

This happened on Tuesday February 5, 2013 around some minutes to 4pm. This is quite unfortunate and unacceptable in a country where the constitution guarantees the citizens right to practice and manifest any religion of their choice without any interference from any quarter.”

If all these provisions are clearly guaranteed in the nation’s constitution, we are seriously at a loss as to why Mrs. Ukpaka, who we expected to know better and act accordingly, would deliberately and with impunity; violate the provisions of the constitution. Aside the fact that the principal brazenly violated the constitution, what if the little girl dies in the process of beating her, what excuse would she give as her reason?

This amounts to child abuse!” Mrs Ukpaka’s action demonstrates the deep hatred and disgust that most non- Muslims school principals in Lagos State have against our law abiding female members.

Hers is not the first as others had done similar thing in the past without any disciplinary action against them by the state government. In the light of this, the student body called for the immediate suspension of Mrs. Ukpaka and orders a full investigation into the matter.

“Ours is a law abiding organisation and the state government can attest to this fact. It should be noted that the leadership of the MSSN Lagos State Area Unit had had course in the past to keep its members across the state calm over recurrent abuses and discriminations against our sisters in the face of government’s indifference towards bringing to justice those maltreating them because of Hijab.

However, we must state that failure to take disciplinary action against Mrs. Ukpaka this time around would draw the anger of the entire Muslim Students’ population in the state.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/12year-old-given-43-strokes-of-cane-over-hijab/
Action must be taken in order to live in peace and harmony, lagos is belong to muslims co's seventy percent of lagosians are muslims so why our people are still treating like this in their home?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by hamzakyana(m): 8:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: What is the essence of that hair covering?
Read your bible very well you will find answer there.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by truelove707: 8:16pm On Feb 23, 2013
Waliyin Allah: Action must be taken in order to live in peace and harmony, lagos is belong to muslims co's seventy percent of lagosians are muslims so why our people are still treating like this in their home?
You most be one of the peace haters we have in this country, while you other brothers are fighting Education you are going to school among Christians, i believe your rented apartment is owned by a christian so stop the hating and focus on God almighty. If not for western Education i am sure there will be more boko harams like you. When in Rome behave them. Following rules set by a school is no sin.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by crackhouse(m): 9:29pm On Feb 23, 2013
siddiq202:
which code of dressing stop the girl from using hijab after wearing her uniform ma'am? Didn't the constitution give room for the poor girl to practice her religion everywhere even in the school premises?
which constitution gives the girl right to practice her religion anywhere? is it in the school that she will practice her religion? abeg no carry religion enter school because school is meant for learning and not religion.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by InHim4Him(m): 9:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
My interest has been drawn to the emphasis on the constitution in this matter. So, the constitution should protect the rights of ONLY one section of society? Then that constitution is worthless for the generality of the public. If the tenets of public schools (mind you, NOT RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS) cannot be respected, then the constitution that grants institutions statutory rights should be reviewed. NL and members should not use the forum to fan embers of cheap popularity and baseless sympathies..
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
eagle,eye:

The person you quoted was just being sarcastic.
I wasn't being sarcastic mister mind reader. I meant every word of what I said literally.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 9:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
eagle,eye:

To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to Islam/Christainity.

Moderator please take note.

No genuine Christian can ever start fighting to defend God. Christian God defends Himself, His own way, at His own time.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2013
THE LASG SHOULD PLS ACT FAST ON THIS MATTER. DELAY DEFEATS EQUITY. THANK U. HAPPY WEEKEND.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deelobe: 9:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
Please can post something more interesting. If you want to wear hijab go to a Muslim school. This nonsense is getting too far. If it was a Christian that made the blasphemous statement el-rufai made there would have been war. Abeg make them go rest.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by deelobe: 9:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
I do not support the excessive punishment but let's confirm its true before we go further. Most people after receiving that number of strokes will be hospitalized. So, I think there is an exaggeration here
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ckkris: 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
probsolver: This issue will be a fight to finish. I trust MSSN lagos area unit just wait and see. Anybody that knows Mrs upaka or apaka anytin she call herself shd tell her to be ready to face wrath of Allah unless she seek forgiveness publicly and from the little poor aisha. This is just too much.

Empty threat. This is NIGERIA, not Nigerianistan.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by InHim4Him(m): 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
jamst: this incident was a kind of cruel & hatred dat i experienced 4rm 1 christian bus driver dat deliberately want 2 hit me wit his vehicle last month ago.and wit dis similar treatment of dis girl,which shows deep hatred the christian av 4 muslims...the time is coming,where there is going 2 be a religious conflict btw muslims & christian.(peace2all)

What makes you think christians hate muslims? What proof do you have that the driver in question is not one of your muslim brothers who will call you "akuya" on the streets of Kano or Katsina? The time you are hoping for may truly come, but have you wondered who will be the end loser? Do you want to be deliberately blind to the present state of Maiduguri and other towns of the North East of Nigeria? You stay in Lagos where people are protecting you with their lives and make noise. People like you are the [problems of this country inflaming situations unnecessarily, and your narrow-minded brothers will begin to burn and maim. Maybe, NL should consider putting faces to posts, that way, we can keep the forum sane and intelligent.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by LBT: 10:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia:

In a government school,where all students are equal citizens,if a female decides not to wear hijab because she a Christian (who haven't read Corinthians),she shouldn't be forced to wear hijab even if the majority of the school is muslim.likewise,if a female decides to wear hijab,she has the right to even if the government school is majority non-muslim or Christian.had this happened in Anambra state,I won't be suprised.but this principal obviously from another region of Nigeria is bringing her ignorance and fanaticism in Lagos,a Yoruba state where indigenous Yorubas are majority muslim.this is NOT acceptable.the principal should go back to the east or wherever she is from to practice her extremism and hatred for Muslims.
. Stop stating what u can't substantiate, who told muslims are majority? You lie! What I don't like is a little girl in-respect of whatever religion being flogged 42 times! Haba that's inhuman. But let say since their is freedom of religion, pagans dress their own ways to school with oil,chicken or goat blood all over their body, what would we say? Let us appreciate each other and do the right things; let comply with rules and regulations set for each school to stop our wards being maltreated. the principal should have acted in a mature way.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by naptu2: 10:17pm On Feb 23, 2013
InHim4Him: My interest has been drawn to the emphasis on the constitution in this matter. So, the constitution should protect the rights of ONLY one section of society? Then that constitution is worthless for the generality of the public. If the tenets of public schools (mind you, NOT RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS) cannot be respected, then the constitution that grants institutions statutory rights should be reviewed. NL and members should not use the forum to fan embers of cheap popularity and baseless sympathies..

It's one of the sad things about Nigeria that we need to change. The constitution protects the rights of all, but how many people know the contents of the constitution? How many people know about the Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles of State Policy as enshrined in the constitution? How many people are ready to go to court to enforce their rights?

Luckily, those students were prepared to go to court to enforce their rights and the court ruled in their favour.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by theripper: 10:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
If I speak my mind, dem must ban me, I don too receive ban of late so I just dey look the thread.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Eneze1(f): 11:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
adaybayor:

You are talking trash, nothing can warrant treating a 12yr old kid like this. Code of dressing my foot!!!

Can't you read, try and make a reasonable comment instead of throwing insult.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Zackenny: 11:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
I believe by now she know her mistake. This should not stop d law from taking its co..........s. I know of a school in Nasarawa state student don't put on rose or hijab in the school premises only allowed during their classes.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by profcanada(m): 11:36pm On Feb 23, 2013
If u knw abt Quran and u read it u will know the essence of it.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by emmatok(m): 12:08am On Feb 24, 2013
Why are Muslims claiming to be majority in Lagos.

We are Yoruba first before any religion.

No room for fanatics from any religion(Christians or Muslims.) In Yorubaland.

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Dudugirl01(f): 12:19am On Feb 24, 2013
My aunty is an aSSiStant head teacher in lagoS State, and a union member at that, from what She told me,in that particular school,all religious apparelS are banned in that particular school, be it Christian,Islamic or trado, according to my aunt,the said principal is an old woman and just caned the girl twice! I wonder why this is being blown out of proportion, if it were a christian that was beaten, I bet this wouldn't have been newS oo! And beSides, I'm Sure none of our religions preaches diSobedience tO higher authority, but if indeed she was flogged 43 times which I very much doubt,diSciplinary actions should be taken against her

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by BEDMON1900: 12:28am On Feb 24, 2013
I went for a teaching practice exercise in badagry and was challenged by a so called vp who is reported to have being the leader of a cult group for putting on my precious turban in the school premises... I asked him what the turban has gone to do with the exercise as a student teacher,go to campuses and see how ladies are walking with their panties opened which has gave room to several sexual harrasment... Islam is a religion of modesty and not weekly routine or what have you

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 24, 2013
LagosShia: She should be fired immediately.then she should be sued for discrimination that threatens the peace of Lagos and Nigeria at large.

Failure to act by the authorities is not an option.otherwise this Christian ignorance built on fanaticism and extreme hatred for Muslims would continue.

The hater should be arrested and taken to court.and I hope one of her punishments would be to double the beating 10 times and give her 430 strokes of the cane.then according to the bible in Corinthians,she (the principal) should have her head shaved for not covering her own head.we are not living in a Christian country.
christianity fire
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 24, 2013
Frostyzone:

Couldn't help laughing out loud at the irony in your sentence. grin
dax d fact dude
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:50am On Feb 24, 2013
siddiq202:
which code of dressing stop the girl from using hijab after wearing her uniform ma'am? Didn't the constitution give room for the poor girl to practice her religion everywhere even in the school premises?

What the woman did is wrong(i'm assuming against my better judgment that it is true - 43 strokes of the cane) but you talking about the constitution makes me laugh.... can an atheists or buddist go to school in the North(A muslim School) without wearing head-gear without any form of punishment? if it happens, you wouldn't call constitution instead you will tell us where it is written that the girl must be flogged, stoned etc.

i learnt churches cannot be built in some parts(towns/villages) of the North, nobody including you remembers the constitution..... Don't just get me started about Muslims and the Nigerian constitution.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Honor Killing, Jungle Justice...not ISLAMIC! / Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52