Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class (28554 Views)

What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Why Are Muslim Students Still Wearing Hijab To School (see Pics) / French Rapper Stuns Fans, Makes First TV Appearance Wearing Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by adaybayor(m): 3:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
Eneze1:

Don't get me wrong am not saying all muslims girls should not attend government school but have you forgotten there are rules and regulations you must follow when you attend certain schools which should be adhere to, am not supporting the principal's inhuman treatment but there are government schools that are purely muslims schools which their code of dressing allows the use of hijab, simple as ABC

You are talking trash, nothing can warrant treating a 12yr old kid like this. Code of dressing my foot!!!
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by adaybayor(m): 3:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia: 1 Corinthians 11:6

"If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head".

You don't have to quote the bible for them, they are pure hypocrites.

Xtianity = do as you wish

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by IRAPADA(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2013
may b the girl in question put on hijab which is diff from the school uniform that y she was flog that way
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Ama28(f): 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
What the principal did is extremely wrong and is a form of child abuse. Child right organisations should sue her to court.
The act can damage the girl's self esteem forever! Before the child became a muslim or a christian, she is first of all a child. We have the child right law and it emphasizes that in all matters concerning the child, the child's interest should be of paramount importance. In this case the Principal only considered her personal rules and not the child welfare.
A government school do not ban hijab, even private school shouldn't. She needs to be prosecuted and guys please stop looking at it from religious perspective, an abuse is an abuse no matter which religion is a victim

2 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by adaybayor(m): 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
IRAPADA: may b the girl in question put on hijab which is diff from the school uniform that y she was flog that way

And you argument?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by adaybayor(m): 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
IRAPADA: may b the girl in question put on hijab which is diff from the school uniform that y she was flog that way

And your argument?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by mbhs139(m): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
Where We Learn
Students cannot learn well and are not likely to behave well in difficult school environments. Students thrive when many factors—both tangible and intangible—combine to produce a positive school climate.

Students care about where they learn, because they spend the better part of most days in class or on the playground, so they care very much about what it feels like to be at school. Is the school safe and clean? Can they trust their teachers? And do teachers believe in and respect them?

These feelings influence how students feel about themselves—how confident they are, what they think of themselves as learners, and what kind of future they see. Such perceptions can have a distinct impact on how well students learn.

Those who think their schools are the “best ever” are more likely to feel confident about themselves as learners than are students who feel they are the targets of bullying, racism, or disrespect. Feelings like these, both positive and negative, define a school’s climate—that is, the personality of the learning environment.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
Finally a brave principal takes a stand against this Hijab rubbish

2 Likes

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by adezzy01(m): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2013
I think ds is part isay those runnin/managin educatn in lagos nw ar sleepin sory they dont knw der job. 1st is principal usin finger2deflower pupil,2nd principal usin pen/pencil nw is 43 stroks hmmmm. Nxt1 mght b bad beyond normancy. So gvt shd wakeup fast.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by saved: 4:07pm On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia:

In a government school,where all students are equal citizens,if a female decides not to wear hijab because she a Christian (who haven't read Corinthians),she shouldn't be forced to wear hijab even if the majority of the school is muslim.likewise,if a female decides to wear hijab,she has the right to even if the government school is majority non-muslim or Christian.had this happened in Anambra state,I won't be suprised.but this principal obviously from another region of Nigeria is bringing her ignorance and fanaticism in Lagos,a Yoruba state where indigenous Yorubas are majority muslim.this is NOT acceptable.the principal should go back to the east or wherever she is from to practice her extremism and hatred for Muslims.
:- Every body is against the principal's inhuman action. Please give us the source of your info that yorubas are majorly in islam. DON'T post comment that can cause religious war between muslims and adherents of other faith in yoruba land. Oloolu masquerade followers and muslims clash in Ibadan was a terrible experience i will never forget. Never forget Oro worshipers and muslim youths mayhem in Abeokuta. Thanks.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by hadbak: 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
Joanna Sedley: are you equating cloth to hair covering? That's absurd.
covering is covering. If u don't see the essence of covering hair y do u see d essence of wearing cloth? Is ur head not part of ur body? Which is more absurd?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Chibest2000(m): 4:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
fellis: This thread would have been filled with a lot of insults and hate speech if it was a Muslim school principal that flogged a christian 43 times maybe for wearing a rosary.
Good thing Islam teaches civility in actions and in speech.
y must u guyz always bring religious semtimen when it comes 2 matters lyk dis, every body here irrespective of their religion is codeming d act but u r there vomiting all sort of trashhhhh.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by cyril83(m): 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
eagle,eye:

I am Male (boy).
The punishment was supposed to be 24 strokes of the cane at the buttocks, but I vehemently refused.
So the Senior insisted that he was going to flog me 48 strokes of the cane. 24 on each of my hands.
He has already completed 24 on of my hands and it was swollen, yet he continued to the other hand untill he got to 18.
All these while his fellow class mates were begging him, untill one them has to forcefully take the cane from him.

There are people who are very mean, believe it or not but it will not change that fact.
You speak German English?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Wsdm: 4:17pm On Feb 23, 2013
Eneze1: if she want to practice her religion nobody is stopping her but in a school that has a code of dressing which should be adhere to, I dont believe the hijab is part of the code of dressing and if her parents want her to be using hijab they should have sent her to a school that uses it.
If not for my very good Christian friend Mr Haruna John i will have insulted the Nudity most of you now practice in the name of Christianity! How ill most of you stinks! Just the reason why CAN president attended the jamboree of the "second coming" of a blatant double mouth and sees every evil in this government as good.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by pendy79: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
naptu2:

This is why I hate Nigerian tv stations. Dr Solarin said, in an interview I watched on LTV 8 in the 1980s, that he established the quiet hour so that those who want to pray in the christian way can do so, those who want to pray in the muslim way can do so and those who do not believe in God can read their books. The interview was aired around the time of the controversy about morning assembly in public schools. Jubril Aminu was minister at the time.

How I wish it was possible to post a youtube link to the interview.

Well you might be right there. I was in Mayflower between 1991 and 1996 so probably that was the norm in the 80's. The first time I got whacked by Dr. Was in my jss 1 and my offense was using a torchlight to read the bible after light out. Thanks bro
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by MrMcJay(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
Why is it always muslims v oro masquerade, muslims v christians, muslims v govt, and now, muslims v a principal? If you'all are aggrieved with this act, jointly sign a petition and forward it to the Ministry of Education. You think this is any Boko Haram infested region where y'all can do anyhow? This exactly is why hijab was banned in France. Until muslims stand against terrorism and murder, y'all won't be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by davesndy: 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2013
When Muslim students and people start crying foul for something like this. I just dey laugh!
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by avalontony(m): 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
what is the school dress code? hijab or no hijab?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by kolamilan(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2013
Eneze1: Giving the girl in question 43 strokes of cane is uncalled for, but I believe there's a code of dressing every student must abide with, when you are in Rome it's better you behave like a Roman in order to avoid the consequences of behaving otherwise, there are better ways of handling this issue than subjecting the poor girl to this kind of treatment.
which code of dressing in a public school
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Nobody: 4:28pm On Feb 23, 2013
Chibest2000: y must u guyz always bring religious semtimen when it comes 2 matters lyk dis, every body here irrespective of their religion is codeming d act but u r there vomiting all sort of trashhhhh.

lol
Guilty conscience.

By the way, spelling lessons will do you good.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by saved: 4:30pm On Feb 23, 2013
To much religiousity in Nigeria but, people that are claiming to promote religion do not have a genuine heart for God. That's why atheists see religious folks as hypocrites. Instead of addressing issues we begin to weep up religious sentiment, instead of healing the ills in our society we always result to ethnic/tribal differences. If we continue like this, when will peace reign?

1 Like

Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by jude33084(m): 4:32pm On Feb 23, 2013
Habebe: lakumdinukum walyadin; TO U B UR RELIGION AND TO ME IS MY RELIGION... so why d nonsensical attitude put up by the teacher.

So you know τhis? Why then you and your muslim people kill christians in Bauchi in a slight provocation that is nt even caused by Christians in Nigeria? Hyprocrites at its height. cheesy

@topic: the principal has done some wrong and should be punish for it.

Flogging a 12yr old in the public is a mean thing to do and a child abuse for that matter wink
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Mandesz(m): 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2013
Hello, we are all educated people and dia4 pple shud nt just come n deceive us 4 d sake of bin a media or woteva. No sane person will beat a girl 43 strokes 4 dat reason. Even in a xtian sku she will only b warned n notin more. 9ja is 2 delicate under religion matters. Let's call a spade a spade n stop hiden under religion matters.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by licensed2k(m): 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
"To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to islam"
Noted

That is a one sided story of which I think was slightly manipulated to sway peoples' mind.
Firstly the tone of it was playing victim and at d same time having a threatening undertone.
All schools have mode of dressing which should be strictly adhered to and I believe most schools are now having their foundations on religion ground and nobody should be allowed to violate laid down rules but 43 strokes of cane is a very inhumane punishment for anybody let alone a 12yrs old and I think that was a lil bit exaggerated to arouse compassion.
Sometimes, I do wonder how far we should have progressed if the two imported religions, xtian and islam I mean, has not been taken to the point of fanaticism by some ppl.
Before you jump into conclusion, am a religious man+free thinker.... I believe in God, I just don't let no man do my thinking for me.
Cast aside religion bigotry and ethnocentrism and we will have the most envious of a great nation the world has ever seen.
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by donted(m): 4:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
fellis: This thread would have been filled with a lot of insults and hate speech if it was a Muslim school principal that flogged a christian 43 times maybe for wearing a rosary.
Good thing Islam teaches civility in actions and in speech.

Listen to ur self r u trying to divert the issue?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by Proxyqueen(f): 4:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
LagosShia:

Hijab is not meant to prove to anyone that the female wearing it is Muslim,as much as it is meant to create a connection between God and the female as a step of devotion.it is part of worship and not just a uniform.
...if it is part of worship then it should be done in the mosque..not in school..there r rules and regulations governing places..even inside the mosque there things u r restricted to..u just abide to it else..u get purnished..!! Am nt trying to support the inhuman treathment from the principal...
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by adaybayor(m): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=wellmax]

You are the clown here and your type are the problem of our society. What on earth do you think can warrant a kid to be treated like this?
Re: 12-year-old Caned For Wearing Hijab Out Of Class by ocheezie: 5:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
Why do some people get carried away by this religious difference issue? What the principal did was absolutely wrong,there's nothing dialogue cannot solve.and who told those who are condemning the whole christian race here that the principal was even a christian? Last time I checked,there are over a hundred religions on earth.the way we understand religion in Nigeria now is as d politicians want us to.anyone who's not a muslim,is a christian,and vice versa.why?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Honor Killing, Jungle Justice...not ISLAMIC! / Indonesia Steamrolls 18,000 Bottles Of Alcohol During Ramadan (photos) / Solatul Fatih....right Or Wrong To Recite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.