Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (54955 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Danielfred(m): 5:23am On Aug 03, 2013
Danielfred; A Lady Promoted But Dead: Is a pity that most single women are talented, but some good ladies,are sometimes rejected an opportunity of greatness, just because they may want to remain true to theirselves. this lady was promoted in a company, to the post of general manager, but the incumbent manager refused to vacate the office to the lady, unless she will accept sex with him. the lady refused and went out disappointed, as she was walking along the street, loaded with much thoughts of denial, a vehicle kicked her, and she died, only for someone to pull out her phone from her pocket, and this text was discovered, "you are promoted to the post of GM. of this company, please come and take your place because the present GM. has been transfered to another branch of the company" but she has already being dead. all is not in sex my beloved country people.Danielfred; A Lady Promoted But Dead: Is a pity that most single women are talented, but some good ladies,are sometimes rejected an opportunity of greatness, just because they may want to remain true to theirselves. this lady was promoted in a company, to the post of general manager, but the incumbent manager refused to vacate the office to the lady, unless she will accept sex with him. the lady refused and went out disappointed, as she was walking along the street, loaded with much thoughts of denial, a vehicle kicked her, and she died, only for someone to pull out her phone from her pocket, and this text was discovered, "you are promoted to the post of GM. of this company, please come and take your place because the present GM. has been transfered to another branch of the company" but she has already being dead. all is not in sex my beloved country people.Danielfred; A Lady Promoted But Dead: Is a pity that most single women are talented, but some good ladies,are sometimes rejected an opportunity of greatness, just because they may want to remain true to theirselves. this lady was promoted in a company, to the post of general manager, but the incumbent manager refused to vacate the office to the lady, unless she will accept sex with him. the lady refused and went out disappointed, as she was walking along the street, loaded with much thoughts of denial, a vehicle kicked her, and she died, only for someone to pull out her phone from her pocket, and this text was discovered, "you are promoted to the post of GM. of this company, please come and take your place because the present GM. has been transfered to another branch of the company" but she has already being dead. all is not in sex my beloved country people.

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by MrsCork2(f): 9:59am On Aug 04, 2013
lymelyte: you this Mrs.cork,you go like C0CK WELL WELL grin grin grin grin

You dey find my trouble abi?lol
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Danielfred(m): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
It is obvious that many our ladies are like floording waters. sometimes aspires very big and later become small. this i mean,they use all systems and effort to gain control who the lady want to marry.when she failed she retrief.this may cause her becoming single parent,lost her firtility.

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by nbright: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2013
Danielfred: It is obvious that many our ladies are like floording waters. sometimes aspires very big and later become small. this i mean,they use all systems and effort to gain control who the lady want to marry.when she failed she retrief.this may cause her becoming single parent,lost her firtility.
We give up!
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Afroconnect: 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2013
The world is crazy-too much greed,pride,ego and stuff-even dry fish girl with nothing to hold self dey form...orobo wey be like yuko zuna self dey form.lol,naija funny ooh.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
they are busy with runs

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Jman06(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
Don't mind them,after all d runs they expect me 2 come and carry left over.God forbid!
al-qaeda:
they are busy with runs

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 19, 2013
^ Me self o!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2013
Jman06: Don't mind them,after all d runs they expect me 2 come and carry left over. God forbid!
Lol. But somebody has to "carry" the leftover na, if not you, then who? What if God wants to use you to answer the prayer of a retired and 'repented' runs mama?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 19, 2013
undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Jman06(m): 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
No be me bros...I reject am!
pro01:
Lol. But somebody has to "carry" the leftover na, if not you, then who? What if God wants to use you to answer the prayer of a retired and 'repented' runs mama?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Dagr8tosyn: 5:00pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hey people, I love you all for speaking your mind one way or the other, the purpose I brought the thread out for has been achieved...and I hope we have all leant one thing or the other from opposite sex reaction, especially for the Ladies above 30 as I put it, keep looking for the best man to fit in your shoes when God has placed you in a position where only Man can find you, you can never and will never in this generation find a Man that will fill in the Gap...If you buy a Man, he will later forget you and not just leave you one day. For the Men above 30 you also have your life in your palm, keep playing games as if you are in your twenties, late thirties and early forties will ask you.

Above all let us put God first before our relationship with any one, thereafter if your partner is not God fearing, I don't mean a church goer, a real born again Christian you get it wrong again. Secondly, virtues of a true mother must be seen in her as a matter of my advice for you guys, She must be caring, calm, creative, understanding, humble, productive, patient, beautiful, good attitude, good friends and good family background and prayerful. While for you Ladies, if you can't accept him as your 2nd Lord in all ramification, don't accept his offer, your indecisiveness should not be part of this otherwise you will always get it wrong. God bless you all, Shalom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by wealth2al(m): 7:35pm On Nov 18, 2013
Sabi sabi girls; they dont want to learn on time - they feel on top for nothing...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dnnanna: 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
I think we should encourage fruitfull and decent polygamy. This will encourage a good comunual raising of children. not senator Yerima's method
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by cosmopolityn: 2:29pm On Feb 19, 2015
I'm 35, American, very attractive, and never married. I place 100% of the blame on myself because I never placed my romantic life high on my list of priorities...mainly because I never had to work hard to get a man, so I never worked hard in that realm of life. I easily got whoever I wanted while I was in college, only to find out the man was just nice on the outside... So the following years after college have been one relationship after the next.. At this point, I'm making it more of a priority to have a healthy relationship life because I don't want my fertile years to pass me by. Plus, I'm very stable, so I have plenty to offer. I admit to choosing the wrong perso to compliment me instead of allowing God to place the right man in my life who honors and cherishes me. I have no regrets because I have lived my young life with no limits - im now just ready for my own man and our life together... It's okay to have taken the long route!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 2:34pm On Feb 19, 2015
cosmopolityn:
I'm 35, American, very attractive, and never married. I place 100% of the blame on myself because I never placed my romantic life high on my list of priorities...mainly because I never had to work hard to get a man, so I never worked hard in that realm of life. I easily got whoever I wanted while I was in college, only to find out the man was just nice on the outside... So the following years after college have been one relationship after the next.. At this point, I'm making it more of a priority to have a healthy relationship life because I don't want my fertile years to pass me by. Plus, I'm very stable, so I have plenty to offer. I admit to choosing the wrong perso to compliment me instead of allowing God to place the right man in my life who honors and cherishes me. I have no regrets because I have lived my young life with no limits - im now just ready for my own man and our life together... It's okay to have taken the long route!
At least you acknowledged the fact that you are partly to blame. It happens sometimes, and that is why the younger ones should be very much aware of these facts and to know how to go about things before they get outta their control.

As for you, I hope God gives you someone that will really be yours. We all make mistakes, but very few of us acknowledge our mistakes and make amends.

God help us all.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by BJOO(m): 3:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
Na pastor say dey kill 99 percent of gels..i knw one of my cousin like that every guy she meets pastor say e no good all sort of rubbish lik dat..till she nak 30
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by NOIBMUUL(m): 5:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Welepamilayo: 6:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Dagr8tosyn:
To my best of knowledge exposure can make or mar ladies of this generation, issue of environment and family back ground is a strongly influence in the Life of Ladies, making them to end up being Single parent; therefore Single Parent for example could easily make all female children grow up without fatherly love, atmosphere and believing it's interesting, and best to live as a single lady.

More so, it is not common for you to see a single lady at over 30years of age in most good homes where both parent exist. Please how do we correct the insanity of so many overdue (for marriage)single ladies and single parent in this part of the world, I strongly advice young ladies deviate from their mother’s believe( situation and condition) and come out different from the ways they are trained...?

Please what is your take on this topic?

The better question is how do we correct the insanity of men of marriageable age that are choose to stay out there playing the field. They are just wan chop clean mouth. Why should a successful 30 something year old women settle for a lazy, or cheating, or lying or chauvinistic man that will only bring unnecessary stress to her life? People are quick to talk about how women have not married, what about all the men out there useless-ing themselves? Oh maybe the women should go and marry women? I know how well that will go over. Let's not even talk about the stigmatization of when those same women finally finds someone worth their time but he happens to the younger. Then people will cry foul again. Leave women alone. When they start seeing more men that are committed to having a faithful relationship where there is mutual respect and care for one another, they will start getting married before 30. We are no longer in the days when you can just dash a man a woman. Thank God, women can finally choose for themselves the life they will prefer to live.

And women, don't play games with this part of your lives either. If you wish to be married, be serious about cultivating relationships that will lead to marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by whocanbewho(m): 7:52am On Mar 20, 2015
thehunted:

Reply to ur point one. There is hardly a good girl who wouldn't see a guy to marry. Hardly.

Your points 2,3,4 are so rare.
the issue isn't seeing someone that would marry dem, the issue is will she wanna marry any guy that shows up even if he doesn't meet her requirement.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 10:14am On Mar 20, 2015
whocanbewho:
the issue isn't seeing someone that would marry dem, the issue is will she wanna marry any guy that shows up even if he doesn't meet her requirement.
I guess this ends up being the case in most occurrences.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by whocanbewho(m): 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2015
Piro4rl:
They remain single because they are self centered.
1million like. U just summed up the life of an average nigerian in those 8 words.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by whocanbewho(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
Piro4rl:
They remain single because they are self centered.
1million like. U just summed up the life of an average nigerian in those 8 words. From my experience they have dis me me attitude. They don't care if they add no value, all they care about is demselves. Most assume their most prized possession is their punany.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2016
dasparrow:

Shouldn't you go and ask the over 30 years single ladies why they are still single? Or do you fear getting smacked in the face by one of them? Besides, why are you worried? How does it affect you? If you are happy and content with your own life, why do you care what others do with theirs? Are you afraid that if more Nigerian women fail to marry, you will be stuck having to cook, clean and wash your own clothes? Something that the average Nigerian bred male hates? or are you worried that you may have to spend more money patronizing ashawos since a wife is nowhere in sight?

Anyways, for discussion sake, let me take a wild guess as to why an increasing number of Nigerian ladies no longer marry before the age of 30:

1. They want to take their time finding the right partner so they don't end up marrying a potential murderer, serial cheat, a wife beater or a man who has a mother who does not like them and then one day stabs them in the abdomen. I mean you can't blame these single over 30 ladies considering all the domestic violence stories permeating from Nigeria.

2. They are few responsible Nigerian MEN that are marriage material. Just take a quick look at Nigerian society and you will see so many married men - and nowadays women - sleeping about with reckless abandonment while infecting their spouses with all sorts of STIs/STDs

3. The marriage institution has been bastardized and is no longer held sacred. This is why it is so easy for a Nigerian male to send his wife packing all because she keeps birthing female children or maybe no children at all. The rate of infidelity is very high as mentioned in point 2. Why go into a monogamous relationship with someone who has no intentions of staying faithful and thereby exposing you to all sorts of diseases many single ladies might ask themselves.

4. Most Nigerian bred men are filled with lust and want to fornicate during the dating/courtship period with a single lady. A christian lady may not be willing to compromise her body for some lustful lover boy who calls himself a boyfriend and hence chooses to wait till she comes across a God fearing man who is willing to keep the marriage bed undefiled.

5. Too many broke Nigerian bred men with no goals, ambition or the drive to succeed. Single ladies nowadays don't want to attach themselves to a sinking ship because they are gradually realizing that it ain't worth it in the long run.

6. Too many abusive Nigerian in-laws. Some single ladies feel they don't need that stress. After all, all human beings have only one life to live and everyone deserves a chance to be happy and live a peaceful life void of fights and unnecessary stress.

7. Some ladies want to finish university and have a career before settling down. Since the average Nigerian male in Nigeria does not live long due to incessant car accidents, illnesses, diabolical curses from extended family members etc, single ladies want to make sure that they and their potential children don't go hungry or homeless should the man pass away suddenly. They want to make sure they can keep sustaining themselves and their kids with the job they have. I can't blame the ladies considering that most Nigerian bred men don't write a will and even if they do, the wife hardly get's anything. Life insurance nko? Zero! So a lady got to do what a lady got to do to survive.

8.Some single ladies look around them and see only disgruntled married folks so they feel marriage is too much of a bed of thorns and hence not beneficial to them in the long run. Having their kids and living a peaceful stress free life void of an egoistic controlling husband and wicked in-laws seems like a better option to them.

9. Some ladies were victims of r*a*p.e or child sexual abuse and as a result don't enjoy sex due to the psychological impact caused by what they went through.

10. Some single ladies just don't feel marriage is for them. They do better on their own rather than when they are in a partnership so Nigerian society needs to respect that including YOU the OP.

So there you have it!

I had tears in my eyes after reading your comment. From the bottom of my heart, God bless you for this comment..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Titilayooni(f): 6:02am On Nov 05, 2016
dasparrow:

Shouldn't you go and ask the over 30 years single ladies why they are still single? Or do you fear getting smacked in the face by one of them? Besides, why are you worried? How does it affect you? If you are happy and content with your own life, why do you care what others do with theirs? Are you afraid that if more Nigerian women fail to marry, you will be stuck having to cook, clean and wash your own clothes? Something that the average Nigerian bred male hates? or are you worried that you may have to spend more money patronizing ashawos since a wife is nowhere in sight?

Anyways, for discussion sake, let me take a wild guess as to why an increasing number of Nigerian ladies no longer marry before the age of 30:

1. They want to take their time finding the right partner so they don't end up marrying a potential murderer, serial cheat, a wife beater or a man who has a mother who does not like them and then one day stabs them in the abdomen. I mean you can't blame these single over 30 ladies considering all the domestic violence stories permeating from Nigeria.

2. They are few responsible Nigerian MEN that are marriage material. Just take a quick look at Nigerian society and you will see so many married men - and nowadays women - sleeping about with reckless abandonment while infecting their spouses with all sorts of STIs/STDs

3. The marriage institution has been bastardized and is no longer held sacred. This is why it is so easy for a Nigerian male to send his wife packing all because she keeps birthing female children or maybe no children at all. The rate of infidelity is very high as mentioned in point 2. Why go into a monogamous relationship with someone who has no intentions of staying faithful and thereby exposing you to all sorts of diseases many single ladies might ask themselves.

4. Most Nigerian bred men are filled with lust and want to fornicate during the dating/courtship period with a single lady. A christian lady may not be willing to compromise her body for some lustful lover boy who calls himself a boyfriend and hence chooses to wait till she comes across a God fearing man who is willing to keep the marriage bed undefiled.

5. Too many broke Nigerian bred men with no goals, ambition or the drive to succeed. Single ladies nowadays don't want to attach themselves to a sinking ship because they are gradually realizing that it ain't worth it in the long run.

6. Too many abusive Nigerian in-laws. Some single ladies feel they don't need that stress. After all, all human beings have only one life to live and everyone deserves a chance to be happy and live a peaceful life void of fights and unnecessary stress.

7. Some ladies want to finish university and have a career before settling down. Since the average Nigerian male in Nigeria does not live long due to incessant car accidents, illnesses, diabolical curses from extended family members etc, single ladies want to make sure that they and their potential children don't go hungry or homeless should the man pass away suddenly. They want to make sure they can keep sustaining themselves and their kids with the job they have. I can't blame the ladies considering that most Nigerian bred men don't write a will and even if they do, the wife hardly get's anything. Life insurance nko? Zero! So a lady got to do what a lady got to do to survive.

8.Some single ladies look around them and see only disgruntled married folks so they feel marriage is too much of a bed of thorns and hence not beneficial to them in the long run. Having their kids and living a peaceful stress free life void of an egoistic controlling husband and wicked in-laws seems like a better option to them.

9. Some ladies were victims of r*a*p.e or child sexual abuse and as a result don't enjoy sex due to the psychological impact caused by what they went through.

10. Some single ladies just don't feel marriage is for them. They do better on their own rather than when they are in a partnership so Nigerian society needs to respect that including YOU the OP.

So there you have it!
you are a blessing,you just said it all...God bless you
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by BabaRamota1980: 7:03am On Nov 05, 2016
This is nonsense. Anyway, if you are 30+ and desperate for husband see me. Only desperados, do not contact me if you think you are still young and time on your side.True talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

When You Are No Longer In Love With Someone, Which of these Do You Do? / Why I Did Not Sleep With People's Wives / 7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Is Going To Be Rich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.