Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? (54996 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Self Defense For Ladies In Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 17, 2013
Colin Adua: Hello! Please Nigerian 30+ sweet, fully matured, full grown women. Don't let all these rubbish that these guys are posting here sway you to settle for someone you don't like or rush into marriage. Marriage no be achievement o. IT IS YOUR LIFE OOO, NOBODY SHOULD LIVE IT FOR YOU.

Men have really lost love, compassion, appreciation for their sweet beautiful partners. And now they are looking for more to rope down with doom. Run as fast as your legs can carry you.

FOR MY FELLOW MEN; LEARN HOW TO LOVE, CARE, APPRECIATE THE WOMEN THAT ARE ALREADY MARRIED TO YOU BEFORE, BLAMING THOSE THAT ARE YET TO MARRY, WHO ARE TAKING TIME TO SELECT THE BEST, AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW YOU SEE IT, IT BEGINS WITH US. AM A GUY, 35, very single and loving it, NOT EVEN SURE WHETHER I WILL MARRY. LEFT FOR ME. I DONT WISH TO.

But if I eventually marry, am going for a woman I like her way of life, ie believes and character. I don't care about beauty (experience has shown me that less pretty women are very good, loving, nurturing and they give birth to healthy beautiful babies). I have decided to 'worship' the ground she walks on. I will go any length to make her happy. Imagine leaving her father's house were she grew up, to relocate to a strange crib (yes, many guys dont even have a decent accommodation and they are talking about marriage) only to be treated like a slave. Everybody say GOD FORBID. YES!

SHALOM!!!

Pussy a$$ man.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by wiznley: 10:09pm On May 17, 2013
waoooooooooooh
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:36am On May 22, 2013
when most of Nigerian men leave Nigeria, they marry non-Nigerians, especially the indigenous people/citizens.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by aduaba(f): 3:26pm On May 22, 2013
There are divas reasons for this situation. Firstly, believe it or not some ladies as at age 21do not have a man to boast of as their boyfriend. Others have alot to chose from that they get confused and go for the wrong guy instead. It is also a reality that some ladies are just so fond of going for men who are already committed, there could be a cute single guy after her but NO! she wants that man with a wife or a serious girlfriend. Most of these committed men waste their time till these ladies get the so obvious truth that these men will never leave their wives for them.Sadly we are in an era where most single men don't want to get married just yet.so its quite complicated.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by anyaoguluke: 3:55pm On May 22, 2013
H.C.F:
@milychocs; quite touched by ur post....

However, once again the re-emergence of 'I cannot settle for less' grin.

@op, Going through the comments on the thread, one can easily conclude that there are a thousand and one factors responsible for the high number of single ladies at 30+.

However, there seems to be no silver bullet to deal with the problem. life itself is full of ironies:I know of a lady, whose early to mid and late twenties were full of fun, from one guy/man/ to the other,even to secure a job, she used what she had to get what she wanted,... now at 33, she remains single and desperately so.... LAW OF KARMA?
Another female friend, decent, amiiable, beautiful, so committed that she spent six years in courtship with an unemployed guy, only to be dumped immediately he secured a job,(after seven years of joblessness).REASON?, it was seen by a pastor that she was not the right person for him!!.....and today, at 35, she is single trying real hard to put the pieces of her life together again! LAW OF....WETIN?.LOL

One can go on and on, but one thing is clear, a wise man is not always successful, and a fool is not always unfortunate; a wayward lady could end up with a happy family early in life, while a decent one gets married late/never/or to the wrong person!!....thats the irony of life!!!

all i know is this,

if as a young lady, you are pious, and genuinely, seek piety as the main virtue in your man,
if you exhibit temperance, patience, perseverance and simplicity in your endeavours....
if you realize, as a young lady, that you are meant to be a reasonable companion of a man...and not only a slave of his passion...
if you undersatand, that your sole purpose is to assist him in the toils of life.....even if men are as scarce as hen's teeth grin, u'l always be the one to chose from a pool of worthy husband materials...and if despite all this, u remain single!...then you'l be singly happy. cheesy!!

TO those in their 30+.....never loose hope, dont give room for depression,be cheerful always, be realistic, lower your standards and pray,pray,pray.....

I love this your write up, you are very articulate.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by nbright: 11:32pm On May 24, 2013
aduaba: There are divas reasons for this situation. Firstly, believe it or not some ladies as at age 21do not have a man to boast of as their boyfriend. Others have alot to chose from that they get confused and go for the wrong guy instead. It is also a reality that some ladies are just so fond of going for men who are already committed, there could be a cute single guy after her but NO! she wants that man with a wife or a serious girlfriend. Most of these committed men waste their time till these ladies get the so obvious truth that these men will never leave their wives for them.Sadly we are in an era where most single men don't want to get married just yet.so its quite complicated.
Why in the world would I want to get married when I was suffering alone in my academics she might have been busy hopping from one bed to another, she knows all the hotels and the prices of their foods and drinks. Since she went out with older men, I think it's right I too go oit wit young girls to see what the old men saw in her.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by wgloriad: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2013
Hello Everyone,
For Rich sugar mums, sugar dads,sugar boys and sugar girls who desire to be connected(Lagos,Abuja,Port) without no stress at all contact us at (facebook: Williams SugarMum Dadconnect ,wgloriad@gmail.com or text your needs to 08025609560(text), you compensate us after you have been connected to your desired candidate,this to show we are not scammers,lot of them are out there asking for you money and airtime,we are here to help.
Agent: Gloria
Samson
Grace
Samuel. (08025609560)
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by fpeter(f): 1:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
THE ONLY REASON IS THE NATION'S CURRENT ECONOMY!
NO JOB/INCOME= NO MARRIAGE
UNEMPLOYMENT IS THE MAJOR REASON......A REASONABLE
MAN WITHOUT A JOB CANNOT AFFORD TO GET MARRIED, LET
ALONE CATER TO ANY FAMILY.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by nbright: 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
fpeter: THE ONLY REASON IS THE NATION'S CURRENT ECONOMY!
NO JOB/INCOME= NO MARRIAGE
UNEMPLOYMENT IS THE MAJOR REASON......A REASONABLE
MAN WITHOUT A JOB CANNOT AFFORD TO GET MARRIED, LET
ALONE CATER TO ANY FAMILY.
Must it be the man alone?.. What if the "reasonably" man has a job, got married and later got fired from his job?... I honestly don't think the economy is the only factor here.. There are many working class guys who are working yet still single...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by makahlj2: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
I'm sure that the North doesn't have this problem.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by back2sender: 4:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
Seen a couple of interesting posts. I have the same challenge with a lady in her 30's rite now. how can a lady tell you, your apartment is not good enough. that the roads are not tarred and too much traffic in your area, in a nut shell she is saying she cannot settle for less.

I was so bitter about it because this is an apartment I pay 500k per annum, a 2 bed room in Ajah axis. i spend an average of 1,500 to call her daily, she eats out a lot and this is on my bills.

I don give am red card because this one go wreck person quick quick.
This are the challenge we see as men, our ladies are living in a dream world, there no 1 priority is money, money and money

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by back2sender: 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
GreenParkGarden: Our company is a real estate development company located at Ikeja, but with deep reach across the length and breadths of Lagos and the South West Corridor.

Due to recent investment opportunities, we are expanding our business through a land mark project and are therefore requesting for applications from suitable
Applicants for the position of Business Development Executives.

This role is business and marketing facing and applicants are expected to have prior market facing experience which involves talking and interacting with clients and
Potential customers. Key qualities to be considered are: Very attractive appearance, ability to speak very fluent and good English, Extroverted and more importantly
Ability to get the job done - that is sell.

If you think you meet this criteria and available for work within the shortest possible time, please send complete CV with full size photo to forthworthgroup@gmail.com

see 419 mail oooooooooo. why full picture? Naija I hail thee

Wishing you best of luck.

P.S. Female Candidates Only
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by tpia5: 4:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
only God knows.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by imauri: 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
[quote author=realdon]

What defines the word'less'?

Aiming too high is the genesis of all these problems. Ladies tends tend to b materialistic than realistic.

May God help us all[/quote

Bless you
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by imauri: 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
A circle of recurring mistakes... they all wanted to be kings on earth.. have all the BBs, Gold ,cars, houses etc without working(9-5/) or for free and all right? use what you have to get what you want init! at some point in time in life 30+ ladies put a price on the heads and bodies, and now everyone knows the price already paid,their market value hit rock bottom... its a pity but it is what it is... i do accept thaT there are exceptional cases.... HEART GOES OUT.. BUT for the mass of them,rip the fruits.... no sympathy

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by imauri: 3:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
karpentar: Where are the guys? Folks are unemployed or struggling with poor paying jobs. These situations are not ideal for marriage.
Hence your name...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by imauri: 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
obadiah777: ALL BULLSHYTTT. IF A LADY IS HOT ENOUGH, DOES NOT MATTER HOW BAD HER ATTITUDE IS OR HOW OLD SHE IS ( DIDNT HALLE BERRY AND JENNIFER ANNISTON GET MARRIED IN THEIR FORTIES ? ), SHE WILL ALWAYS FIND A MAN. YES I KNOW ITS UNFAIR BUT MEN ARE CARNAL BRUTE BEASTS. IF YOU ARE HOT, DOES NOT MATTER YOUR AGE, YOU WILL ALWAYS GET SUITORS. HOWEVER AFRICAN FOOD IS NOT GOOD ON A LADY SO MAYBE MANY AFRICAN LADIES AT 30 LOOK LIKE THE MICHELIN MAN HENCE WHY NO SUITORS grin grin grin HEY ITS A BRUTAL WORLD. YOU GOTTA SACRIFICE TO GET WHAT YOU WANT. YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL. DITCH THE AFRICAN FOOD AND TRY TAEBO, YOU MAY JUST GET A MAN AT 40 wink
yOUR ROLES MODELS ARE ALL GUNNING FOR THEIR 3RD AND 4TH MARRIAGES... AT 30S/40S ..... INTERESTING SELECTION BY THE WAY.........DONKEY..LOL

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Bootylicious(f): 3:14am On Jul 26, 2013
I don't think education has any thing to do with this, there are more ladies in the society when compared to men, a single man can be in a relationship wit 5 ladies,till he drops 4 and marries one, the other 4 starts a new relationship and the time is ticking... where are the single ladies? now most ladies have to snatch some1's bf or share..And it's not advisable to just jump into marriage with anyone because of pressure... My point is men are simply the reasons so many ladies are single!
Da gr8tosyn: To my best of knowledge exposure can make or mar ladies of this generation, issue of environment and family back ground is a strongly influence in the Life of Ladies, making them to end up being Single parent; therefore Single Parent for example could easily make all female children grow up without fatherly love, atmosphere and believing it's interesting, and best to live as a single lady.

More so, it is not common for you to see a single lady at over 30years of age in most good homes where both parent exist. Please how do we correct the insanity of so many overdue (for marriage)single ladies and single parent in this part of the world, I strongly advice young ladies deviate from their mother’s believe( situation and condition) and come out different from the ways they are trained...?

Please what is your take on this topic?
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Afroconnect: 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
dem wan use thier pussy get rich like beyonce...lol
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Afroconnect: 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
back2sender: Seen a couple of interesting posts. I have the same challenge with a lady in her 30's rite now. how can a lady tell you, your apartment is not good enough. that the roads are not tarred and too much traffic in your area, in a nut shell she is saying she cannot settle for less.

I was so bitter about it because this is an apartment I pay 500k per annum, a 2 bed room in Ajah axis. i spend an average of 1,500 to call her daily, she eats out a lot and this is on my bills.

I don give am red card because this one go wreck person quick quick.
This are the challenge we see as men, our ladies are living in a dream world, there no 1 priority is money, money and money
u be maga,girl wey one stay with you go see farhter than traffic and bad roads...thank God say your eyes don open.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Afroconnect: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ladies enjoy this short life,Bleep all you want and live your life to the full.no time
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by MrsCork2(f): 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
dmcdad:
You are right anywayz... And like someone rightly said, they tend to be more materialistic than realistic... I think that defines why most remain unmarried at such age...

I love your signature.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by MrsCork2(f): 11:37pm On Jul 26, 2013
nbright: Why in the world would I want to get married when I was suffering alone in my academics she might have been busy hopping from one bed to another, she knows all the hotels and the prices of their foods and drinks. Since she went out with older men, I think it's right I too go oit wit young girls to see what the old men saw in her.

you are wicked and I mean it.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by MrsCork2(f): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2013
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by nbright: 7:32am On Jul 27, 2013
Mrs..Cork:

you are wicked and I mean it.
I like your signature too.
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 9:35am On Jul 27, 2013
Mrs..Cork:

I love your signature.
Thanks...
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Godson201333(m): 11:46am On Jul 27, 2013
Mrs..Cork:

You always making sense more than Mr Cork undecided
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
I can count the number of girls I expressed interest in and they told me to go and hammer first or come back when I have made more money like money grows on trees on you don't work for money. Every girl wants to marry that chevron guy or mobil guy like every guy in Nigeria works there. They want the easy life. The point is when I eventually hammer by God's grace I would not come for their old asses by then. I would use my "hammer" to punish as many greedy females as possible and make my final pick of a decent girl. Trust me, spotting a decent reasonable girl aint that hard.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by lymelyte(m): 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
you this Mrs.cork,you go like COCK WELL WELL grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by lymelyte(m): 9:17pm On Jul 31, 2013
you this Mrs.cork,you go like C0CK WELL WELL grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Reasons For High Level Of 30 Years+ Single Ladies In Nigeria? by lymelyte(m): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
my advice to all single ladies age range(21 to 26),learn to understand.Understanding is the key.when a man try to explain thing to you ladies,resist all urge of materialism and endure.Be analytical in judging a man.Know when a man is into you and vice versa.Most girls loose their future husband because of the urge to live for the moment and not the future...

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

7 Ways To Tell If Your Boyfriend Is Going To Be Rich / Man Walks Out On His Date Who Ordered Takeaway Of N7K For Her Friends / I Just Caught My Man Jerking Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.