Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! (34315 Views)

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement / Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 6:33pm On Feb 23, 2013
topmostg: O.p. Its about time you update the thread pls....
there is curfew at 6pm....
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by topmostg: 6:37pm On Feb 23, 2013
Burger01:
Negative.. Tango NOT down, I repeat Tango NOT down... Tango, over to you...
is that affirmative?

TANGO do you copy?
I repeat, do you read me?

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by DrBaby(f): 6:40pm On Feb 23, 2013
she said d crisis started when two guys( a muslim and a christian) were arguing or playing football(i dint hear her well on dt part), so it got heated and d muslim boy went inside got a gun and shot d christian guy. although der has bn some tension in d state for a while....so d fight jst escalated into another thing... she is really shaky...n scared...gush, dis is bringin so mch tears to my eyes...
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by u3fine(m): 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
topmostg: is that affirmative?

TANGO do you copy?
I repeat, do you read me?
Copy that TANGO!!!
TANGO on counter assault mission!! Repeat TANGO on Counter Assault Mission.
TANGO calling for AIR Support
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Doncolio(m): 6:41pm On Feb 23, 2013
penzino: yes ooooo.... We are at alert oooo

Thank God.

@All, we need to pray and if you have contacts in high places. Pls beg on their conscience for the sake of people in Wukari. #God bless Nigeria.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2013
Doncolio:

Thank God.

@All, we need to pray and if you have contacts in high places. Pls beg on their conscience for the sake of people in Wukari. #God bless Nigeria.
thanx bosss.... We really need the prayers, not just for wukari, but for Nigeria
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 6:46pm On Feb 23, 2013
DrBaby: she said d crisis started when two guys( a muslim and a christian) were arguing or playing football(i dint hear her well on dt part), so it got heated and d muslim boy went inside got a gun and shot d christian guy. although der has bn some tension in d state for a while....so d fight jst escalated into another thing... she is really shaky...n scared...gush, dis is bringin so mch tears to my eyes...
that was d actual cause of the whole crisis, and since both parties have grudges in mind b4, they decided to take it up with violence
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:47pm On Feb 23, 2013
[size=16pt]HAHAHAHAHAHA I LAUGH @ THIS!

THIS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ACCEPT FOREIGN RELIGION! NOW FACE THE BRUNT!

KEEP FIGHTING! KEEP KILLING!

THIS THE REWARD YOU GET FROM YOUR ANCESTORS FOR BEING TRAITORS!
[/size]

*grabs a popcorn and takes the back seat. .

2 Likes

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by u3fine(m): 6:48pm On Feb 23, 2013
penzino: thanx bosss.... We really need the prayers, not just for wukari, but for Nigeria
TANGO is already Airborne!!! To combard the miscreAnts
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by UKBobo(m): 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2013
You need foreign troops in Nigeria to keep the peace.

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by kalunomics(m): 6:54pm On Feb 23, 2013
13volts: The Root Cause Of The Crisis

www.transparencyng.com/.../1536-police...
14 Jul 2010 ... of Wukari Local Government Area of Taraba State as a result of ... to be Christians and opposed to the building of a mosque within the premises of the Police Area Command in Wukari .

The Christians were dealt a serious blow by the Muslims, ever since then a revenge attack has been on the pipe line now coupled with Danbaba Tokumbo Jet Crash landing, you have a big problem
oga we are in 23 feb 2013 not 14 july 2010

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by iykmora(m): 6:55pm On Feb 23, 2013
damn sad!!!! When tins like dis occur, its d common man dat gets d brunt of it. May God save us o!!!

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Katier00(f): 6:56pm On Feb 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[/size]

. Ar u 4 real
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2013
Katier00 :
. Ar u 4 real

yes. are you Nigerian?
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Ajpharm(m): 7:00pm On Feb 23, 2013
This is getting worse daily. What is the way out? Even the traditionalist dont cause this much trouble. Why must it be always xtians vs muslims? Are these the only religion in Nigeria that they keep killing each other. I just hope that the casualty is not much.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by DrBaby(f): 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[/size]

Like seriously, r u for real?...neva knew des things ppl say/do hurt so mch til now...i am here prayn n shedn tears for a whole family who is nt sure of the next moment, and dey r my blood relations...and al u can do is say dis?...ok den, i rmbr its a free world...bt rmbr a popular quote..."when dey came for dem, i dint bother because i was nt part of dem, xtians, muslims, jews, educated, illiterate, and all d possible sects u can have...bt when dey came for me, der was no one left to stand for me"....cheers

3 Likes

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by toshmann(m): 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2013
u3fine:
Copy that TANGO!!!
TANGO on counter assault mission!! Repeat TANGO on Counter Assault Mission.
TANGO calling for AIR Support

This is no joke! People's lives are on the line and this thread was set up to help communication and give necessary assistance.

We keep blaming PDP but PDP ain't the only problem, we the people are no better than PDP who afterall are made from us.

@topic,
Guys stay safe until you are sure of the situation.
Good luck Best of luck

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:06pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ajpharm: What is the way out?

revert back to Traditional Religions.

benifits:

- All tribes will be united on religious grounds.

-yet each tribe/ethnic group will maintain its own independence of identity.

- it will wipe out our scars.

-religious tolerance.

- 0 extremism and religious terrorism.

- 0 tithing and other such religious extortion.

- saves our cultures and idenitities.

-maintainance of strong National identity and tribal pride.

- saving of environment and resources.

-progress and development.

-reduction of crimes: some religions such as Ifa Orisha, etc., do not permit liars to be initiated. doing so can have deadly consequences to the liar, due to the large number of oaths,etc., involved before the Spiritual Forces/ Gods.
-etc . .

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 7:10pm On Feb 23, 2013
DrBaby:

Like seriously, r u for real?...neva knew des things ppl say/do hurt so mch til now...i am here prayn n shedn tears for a whole family who is nt sure of the next moment, and dey r my blood relations...and al u can do is say dis?...ok den, i rmbr its a free world...bt rmbr a popular quote..."when dey came for dem, i dint bother because i was nt part of dem, xtians, muslims, jews, educated, illiterate, and all d possible sects u can have...bt when dey came for me, der was no one left to stand for me"....cheers
i still wonder why some nigerians still behave d way they do! Its pathetic how some people reason. May God help d canal minded people...
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Ajpharm(m): 7:11pm On Feb 23, 2013
When did all this violence start? Nigeria is 53yrs and both religions have been living together for that long. Why did all these start recently?

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Ajpharm(m): 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

revert back to Traditional Religions.

benifits:

- All tribes will be united on religious grounds.

-yet each tribe/ethnic group will maintain its own independence of identity.

- it will wipe out our scars.

-religious tolerance.

- 0 extremism and religious terrorism.

- 0 tithing and other such religious extortion.

- saves our cultures and idenitities.

-maintainance of strong National identity and tribal pride.

- saving of environment and resources.

-progress and development.

-etc . .
Even if we go back to our roots. There will still be violence. Violence is a personal thing, a thing of the mind. Whether you are a xtian or muslim, you act the way you do on a personal basis.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:13pm On Feb 23, 2013
Ajpharm: Even if we go back to our roots. There will still be violence. Violence is a personal thing, a thing of the mind. Whether you are a xtian or muslim, you act the way you do on a personal basis.

so are you saying r.ape, murder, robbery, etc. of non-religious type doesnt exist

atleast we will be able to do away with religion-based crimes. there is nothing to lose. only gain.

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by AustineE1: 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
DrBaby: she said d crisis started when two guys( a muslim and a christian) were arguing or playing football(i dint hear her well on dt part), so it got heated and d muslim boy went inside got a gun and shot d christian guy. although der has bn some tension in d state for a while....so d fight jst escalated into another thing... she is really shaky...n scared...gush, dis is bringin so mch tears to my eyes...
i was just waiting to hear what led to the crisis,knowing fully well that its traditional with northern muslims to fight,they can hardly stay a quarter of a year in a place,without causing havoc!it is a quarterly rituals performed by Hausa Fulani northern muslims!whenever they are armed-up,they try to cause one problem or the other,either they say the Koran was desecrated,their mosque was defiled,or one suya man sold pig meat to them or that USA is about to attack the islamic rep.of Iran or that a pamphlet was seen with a christain that insults Mohammed!infact islam in the North is a time-bomb always waiting to explode!!!what a people.

2 Likes

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by cold(m): 7:15pm On Feb 23, 2013
Pray,pray,pray! That's all i've been reading so far. Yet it is this same God people are killing,dying & burning for. I simply can't understand this. Defies logic
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Anasko(m): 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2013
THE NEWS
Taraba: 8 Die, 40 Injured in Wukari
Religious Riot
At least eight persons have been confirmed
dead and over 40 others lying critically ill in
various hospitals in Wukari, Taraba State,
following a religious riot which broke out in
the early hours of yesterday.
The riot led to the disruption of traffic along
the busy Jalingo-Katsina Ala road linking the
South-eastern part of the country with the
North-east.
The crisis was said to have been ignited as
a result of the siting of a mosque at the
divisional police headquarters located in the
local government council area headquarters
complex.
Piqued by the development, some Christian
youths , according to the police
commissioner, Aliyu Musa, who confirmed
the story to journalists, embarked on the
demolition of the mosque and this led to a
reprisal action by other moslems, leading to
massive destruction of lives and properties.
Eye witness stated that the entire streets of
Wukari have been deserted as a result of
the violence and the people have began to
seek refuge in the neighbouring towns and
villages. "As I am talking to you now, the
town is on fire. All schools and shops have
been closed and most of our people have
begun to move out of the town for safety"
About five mosques and three churches,
were said to have been set ablaze by the
youths, believed to be armed to the teeth,
chanting war songs. Fears are being
expressed over the safety of the National
Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members
presently camping in Wukari Local
Government Council of the state for the
three weeks orientation .
Meanwhile, the Taraba State Police
Command, has mobilised about three trucks
of mobile policemen fully armed to the
trouble zone which is about 220 kilometers
from the state capital
Confirming the development, the State
Police Commissioner said “as you have just
seen, about a unit of mobile and general
duty policemen are now on their way to
Wukari.
“I am sending these mobile men there to
increase the strength of the ones on ground
so as to bring the situation under control.”

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Bluemosquito(m): 7:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
I pray and hope the situation is under control oh! No more killing of innocent nigerians. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Parishpriest1: 7:23pm On Feb 23, 2013
@Op, you guys (corp members) should leave those barbarians and fled for your dear lives tomorrow. To hell with NYSC. The truth is that, this isn't yet over, because there will be counter attacks from both parties and who bears the brunts? Your guess is as good as mine. Those mammals up north are the scum of this earth. Someone should tell them that this is 2013.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Vowed To Deal With Lawmakers That Booed Him - Femi Fani-kayode / AIT Cameraman Beaten At Obasanjo Son's Wedding / Osun Rerun, The Most Brazen Assault On Democracy, Biggest Robbery Ever - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.