Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,058 members, 7,956,951 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:46 PM

Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! (34472 Views)

Men Arrested In Taraba For Causing Religious Crisis - Photos / Five Killed In Wukari Over Taraba's Governorship Judgement / Asari-Dokubo To MEND: Don’t Start A Religious Crisis In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by chiefbatiatus(m): 8:52am On Feb 24, 2013
Anasko: THE NEWS
Taraba: 8 Die, 40 Injured in Wukari
Religious Riot
At least eight persons have been confirmed
dead and over 40 others lying critically ill in
various hospitals in Wukari, Taraba State,
following a religious riot which broke out in
the early hours of yesterday.
The riot led to the disruption of traffic along
the busy Jalingo-Katsina Ala road linking the
South-eastern part of the country with the
North-east.
The crisis was said to have been ignited as
a result of the siting of a mosque at the
divisional police headquarters located in the
local government council area headquarters
complex.
Piqued by the development, some Christian
youths , according to the police
commissioner, Aliyu Musa, who confirmed
the story to journalists, embarked on the
demolition of the mosque and this led to a
reprisal action by other moslems, leading to
massive destruction of lives and properties.
Eye witness stated that the entire streets of
Wukari have been deserted as a result of
the violence and the people have began to
seek refuge in the neighbouring towns and
villages. "As I am talking to you now, the
town is on fire. All schools and shops have
been closed and most of our people have
begun to move out of the town for safety"
About five mosques and three churches,
were said to have been set ablaze by the
youths, believed to be armed to the teeth,
chanting war songs. Fears are being
expressed over the safety of the National
Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members
presently camping in Wukari Local
Government Council of the state for the
three weeks orientation .
Meanwhile, the Taraba State Police
Command, has mobilised about three trucks
of mobile policemen fully armed to the
trouble zone which is about 220 kilometers
from the state capital
Confirming the development, the State
Police Commissioner said “as you have just
seen, about a unit of mobile and general
duty policemen are now on their way to
Wukari.
“I am sending these mobile men there to
increase the strength of the ones on ground
so as to bring the situation under control.”

All hail to wukari christian youths for their uncanny foresight, if they haven't demolished that mosque they would have paid for it later with the way the demonic islamic religion would have spread. All northern christian youths take a cue from the wukari and kaduna south youths otherwise islam will wipe out all other religions in northern nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Nobody: 9:19am On Feb 24, 2013
penzino: Well guys, just want to inform you that the curfew here is now 24hrs and its a shoot at sight thing... Except for health workers with a valid ID
so where are u now, ar u still in that village b4 wukari or have u passed through wukari towards ur destination?

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2013
hisblud: may you and all be protected amen. Peace of Christ on wukari and plateau state and nigeria
amen brother.... Wukari is in taraba state
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 10:09am On Feb 24, 2013
cogitoErgo:
so where are u now, ar u still in that village b4 wukari or have u passed through wukari towards ur destination?
am still in d village, am a serving corp member, nt on transit.....
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 10:10am On Feb 24, 2013
biker-boy:
@mod. Front page please.
biker boy, where are u now?
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by ThomasAnongu(m): 10:24am On Feb 24, 2013
penzino: I am a corp member and my colleagues in wukari called to inform us so that we can be at alert....
Foolish boy dat isn't wat we want to knw. "I am a corp member", u're a corps member not corp member. Besides, corps members' issue aint relevant here. Abi u wan knw wen oda pple served? Old corper, abi na over-age d worry u.

@ Dan-Anacha a town not far 4m Wukari, pounded yam one plate wit 2 pieces of meat na 200, half plate wit 2 pieces of meat na 150, garri abi na ebba expensive pass.
Rat expensive pass oo because u knw say Tiv pple dey there.
Bros, na Osaze abi na Charly boy (boy @ 60).
Crisis for Ajegunle, National Assembly, Aso rock, palm wine joint. Dis one nobi news.
OPC, MEND, Boko Haram all of dem na pressure group.
Yeye man, no hide my post ooo e relevant pass.
Sori lemme buy gari. Later tinx abeg
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Katier00(f): 10:49am On Feb 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

yes. are you Nigerian?
. I am a nigerian, why would u speak in such manner wen u kn lives ar in danger, u ar so mean n unfair to those trapped in dat area

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by okechukwu3: 10:49am On Feb 24, 2013
The crisis was said to have been ignited as
a result of the siting of a mosque at the
divisional police headquarters located in the
local government council area headquarters
complex.
Piqued by the development, some Christian
youths , according to the police
commissioner, Aliyu Musa, who confirmed
the story to journalists, embarked on the
demolition of the mosque and this led to a
reprisal action by other moslems, leading to
massive destruction of lives and properties.

The Mosque demolition is not the issue, the demolition was a thing of 2011 ie last 2yrs. This recent issue started from football argument between a moslem and a Christian.lly killed him.Let the police commissioner get fact and not paint the story.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 11:02am On Feb 24, 2013
Thomas Anongu:
Foolish boy dat isn't wat we want to knw. "I am a corp member", u're a corps member not corp member. Besides, corps members' issue aint relevant here. Abi u wan knw wen oda pple served? Old corper, abi na over-age d worry u.

@ Dan-Anacha a town not far 4m Wukari, pounded yam one plate wit 2 pieces of meat na 200, half plate wit 2 pieces of meat na 150, garri abi na ebba expensive pass.
Rat expensive pass oo because u knw say Tiv pple dey there.
Bros, na Osaze abi na Charly boy (boy @ 60).
Crisis for Ajegunle, National Assembly, Aso rock, palm wine joint. Dis one nobi news.
OPC, MEND, Boko Haram all of dem na pressure group.
Yeye man, no hide my post ooo e relevant pass.
Sori lemme buy gari. Later tinx abeg
y are u so deluded? Idiot u must be sick in ur brain....

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by justthinking: 11:17am On Feb 24, 2013
Burger01: Na which person wey winch dey follow from him village hide my post? Ehn? Na ya papa dey pay for my bandwidth? I still maintain my stand that an average muslim is a potential terrorist... Mtcheew
sir are you saying you dont av any muslim in your family. if so one of your family is a potential terrorist and u can save nigerian by killing the person before it is too late...... mtcheew. and we kip on calling for peace wen u are calling someone a potentian terrorist because of some bad eggs in islam as if xtian is a saint either.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Toktee(m): 11:29am On Feb 24, 2013
That the youths were arm to teeth,that they raze five mosque and three churches;what a gud news,if we follow these terrorists this way religious crisis will end soon.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Yujin(m): 11:54am On Feb 24, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you fellows are getting back what you did to the Pagans. Its Karma. you cant escape it.
Lol. 'You fellows', are you referring to Christians or Muslims? Christianity at least in Nigeria was not spread by the force of arms or coercion unlike Islam. Uthman Ibn Hodio and his band of murderers(whose story I know too well from the west through the east of northern nigeria) and their descendants who share their views would reap what they sowed and are still sowing.
You I believe are still a pagan and I advice you to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour for He alone is the hope of mankind. Though with beautiful and enticing customs and festivals, darkness hovers round paganism(idolatry) and man can only grope in darkness.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Andyforte: 1:58pm On Feb 24, 2013
Ajpharm: Even if we go back to our roots. There will still be violence. Violence is a personal thing, a thing of the mind. Whether you are a xtian or muslim, you act the way you do on a personal basis.

Agreed. The most divisive ppl in this world r Nigerians. I think it's becos the culture of selfishness we have cultured for so long. if we r not fighting another country, we would divide on north and south. if there r not northern/ southern issue to drag, we divide along tribal lines. If no tri al issues at hand, then we go on factions, like the opc factions. Otherwise it's along family lines. It just goes on.

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by justthinking: 2:20pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yujin:
Lol. 'You fellows', are you referring to Christians or Muslims? Christianity at least in Nigeria was not spread by the force of arms or coercion unlike Islam. Uthman Ibn Hodio and his band of murderers(whose story I know too well from the west through the east of northern nigeria) and their descendants who share their views would reap what they sowed and are still sowing.
You I believe are still a pagan and I advice you to accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour for He alone is the hope of mankind. Though with beautiful and enticing customs and festivals, darkness hovers round paganism(idolatry) and man can only grope in darkness.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by justthinking: 2:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yujin:
lol. one great difference btw xtian and muslim is that muslim knows dare origin and xtian dont. do u know how many ppl dat are killed during xtian crusade. check http://meforum.org/2159/are-judaism-and-christianity-as-violent-as-islam. and also islam101.com/terror/christianViolence.htm to know a little about your so saint religion.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yujin:
Are u sure one will be in the light with xtianity (or islam!), with xtians eating human (muslim) flesh in Jos and muslims slaughtering small babies in Plateau and Kaduna?
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Yujin(m): 3:43pm On Feb 24, 2013
just_thinking: lol. one great difference btw xtian and muslim is that muslim knows dare origin and xtian dont. do u know how many ppl dat are killed during xtian crusade. check http://meforum.org/2159/are-judaism-and-christianity-as-violent-as-islam. and also islam101.com/terror/christianViolence.htm to know a little about your so saint religion.
In the bid to show your knowledge, you failed to see where I wrote 'at least in Nigeria'. I for one is a thorough bred historian and a great researcher so I still maintain that Christianity is a reality (above religion). The Crusades as you mentioned had another mission outside the tenets of Christianity and the first of its series was in the 11th century. Possession/Reclaimation of Jerusalem(considered a holy land by the christian was occupied by mostly muslim arabs which the 'christians' then didn't accept in good faith. Those christians have been carrying out a so called religious cleansing(killings) known in history as the inquisition among the christian-roman catholic empire(a clear deviation from the teachings of Christ). The first crusade was at huge waste of innocent blood and was 'successful' to the crusaders because the christian empire was still monolithic(roman catholic under one pope) but by the time of the second crusade, the christian empire has been broken into two namely the roman catholic and the byzantine empire hence the lost/partial success of the second and third crusade. The byzantine empire didn't join the crusaders in their wanton shed of blood. Outside these accounts attributed to christianity, I challenge you to bring any other show of violence attributed to christianity in any other part of the world. For Islam, as it was in the beginning so it is till date from one continent to the other.

3 Likes

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by ckkris: 4:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
kettykings: where is TY Danjuma the God father of the state why is he keeping quiet

Him de hide from Aguiyi Ironside.

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by ckkris: 5:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
oddy4real:
you see yourself? dis isnt needed at alllll

Nigerians must know the differences between these two .
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by ckkris: 5:08pm On Feb 24, 2013
oddy4real:
you see yourself? dis isnt needed at alllll
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by ckkris: 5:50pm On Feb 24, 2013
confusion247: Another evidence to prove that we have one Nigeria as prescribed by gowon and awolowo. We can never live in peace until the structural problem of Nigeria is addressed. For now, people should call gowon because his house is closer to wukari. Those that were killed died in the spirit of one Nigeria and indivisible north.

Now na morning.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:45pm On Feb 24, 2013
Katier00 :
. I am a nigerian, why would u speak in such manner wen u kn lives ar in danger, u ar so mean n unfair to those trapped in dat area

Then if you are Nigerian, why are you asking such lame questions. dont you know there are many Nigerian Pagan Traditionalists? angry
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
Yujin:

im referring to both. 1 came with the sword, the other came with deceit, bribery and millitary colonial force.

darkness and light complement each other. you need both to maintain the balance.

i wont accept your israeli man-God. i dont indulge in man-worship. I worship only the trure Spiritual Forces, i.e., the GODS, through the material creations.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by Burger01(m): 7:42pm On Feb 24, 2013
just_thinking: sir are you saying you dont av any muslim in your family. if so one of your family is a potential terrorist and u can save nigerian by killing the person before it is too late...... mtcheew. and we kip on calling for peace wen u are calling someone a potentian terrorist because of some bad eggs in islam as if xtian is a saint either.
Nope, I don't have any Muslim in my family. I have them as friends and good ones too. I didn't say all Muslims are potentials to terrorism..Try and learn the meaning of 'Average'..Btw, if I have one in my family I don't have to resort to 'killing' like u thought...why is it that evil thoughts are kind of easy for some people...you for one?..
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 8:42am On Feb 25, 2013
24hrs Curfew still in effect......
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by ckkris: 9:08am On Feb 25, 2013
penzino: 24hrs Curfew still in effect......

make dem no just kill any soldier, otherwise Wukari people go begin cry for human right.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 11:59am On Feb 25, 2013
ckkris:

make dem no just kill any soldier, otherwise Wukari people go begin cry for human right.
the soldiers no dy hear o. Na shoot em just dy shoot
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by TheClown: 9:10am On Feb 26, 2013
Those Christians and people of other religion beside Islam in the south who feel no pity for Xtains in the north but instead, lump all northerners together and make cynical comments here, may you experience what xtains in the are experiencing. You close your eyes to palpable and very glaring evils Islam wherever it is practiced and in whatever form and come here to point fingers to both the people oppressing and the people being oppressed, pretending we are all one. Don't worry, Muslims will continue to oppress and kill, and we will continue to defend ourselves as best as we can. Our heads might be bloody, but never will it be bowed. But I assure you people in comfort zones one fact, if they succeed in destroying us, you will be next no matter your faith! (Just do some deep thinking, if this happen to us, it might be your turn tomorrow, or that of your children!)

They will not succeed in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by penzino(m): 4:13pm On May 03, 2013
The long forgoten crisis have started again oooo, and dis time it is worse than the first, God help us that are serving here in this taraba state ooooo... God keep us till POP and let us leave this place oo...
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by midpoint: 4:20pm On May 03, 2013
bro penzino where are you exactly?
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by idumuose(m): 5:07pm On May 03, 2013
This country has been divided along religious
Lines.Wht again is happening in Wukari after
D last religious fight that claimed so many lives
Some years ago.Wukari is predominantly a christian
Community.Can't we learn our lessons for God sake?.
Re: Religious Crisis In Wukari, Taraba State!!! by toshmann(m): 9:25pm On May 03, 2013
oh Lawdy!!
a nightmare that never ends . . . . .
this tragedy called nigeria sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tambuwal Bow Has He Visited Aliyu Wammako In Hos House / Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins APC Primaries In Edo / National Headquarters Building "Arewa Youth For Tinubu" Inaugurated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.