Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman (13643 Views)

Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih / List Of Newly Elected PDP NWC Members / Ahmadu Ali Is The New PDP BoT Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 9:41am On Feb 26, 2013
Well, two things are clear:

1. Jonathan clearly has ambitions for 2015. That explains his insistence on putting his own man in such a sensitive position.

2. When it comes to playing politics, this guy is clearly not a "retardeen".

1 Like

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Symphony007: 9:41am On Feb 26, 2013
When i was in high school i was taught that one of the features of the civil service was non-partisanship. So why would the chairman of the NPA also chair the board of a political party infact, the ruling political party. What kind of country is this. What is the courts for or the house or senate commitees on civil service. Amazing country!!

1 Like

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 26, 2013
Insight from d meeting lastnight
Prof Jerry Gana: this APC group is really a threat o play by play we will see them rise. What do u think(refering to board members)
OBJ: #speaking in his yoruba accent# Jerry I ve told u b4 leave those children so long we take this spiritual u knw wat I mean.
*other members node in support*
Prof Jerry Gana: what do we do, who do we involve that is powerful from dat ur group.
OBJ: now u r talking infact u knw him he is our leader ther now so he is best to handle it 'Anenih'
The rest is the result u read 2day.

Police na joke o. grin
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Gbawe: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2013
take dat: If this is going to make your day, the new scoreline is:
GEJ 1
Nigeria 0.
Are we to gloat over the troubling knowledge that the president handpicked an unrepentant bandit and a super dead brain who once spilled undemocratic nonsense in support of OBJ's tenure elongation as the Board of Thieves chairman? Even with the magnitude of exploitation and oppression, some still see this news as a good thing! The folly of 200million mumu's!

My guy, everyone should note this thread so that no cry of "victim" is entertained when others do their worst as GEJ is inviting. Jonathan is openly shutting down every avenue of democracy and attempting to muzzle everyone. I said his candidate could not carry the day and lo and behold he had to win as "consensus" candidate after Court judgement that was not implemented for years was suddenly wheeled out to removes several folks up and down.

GEJ has cast the first stone. Let him and his supporters be prepared for whatever comes. What I would hate personally is for cowardly-natured individuals like insincere9igerians, who don't appreciate the concept of not " throwing blows if you can't take blows", come here crying tomorrow and proclaiming GEJ some innocent victims of "evil aboki" and all such garbage. GEJ, rather than lead, has chosen to use the instruments of his office to engage everyone, everywhere dictatorially. Whatever happens is par for the course and crybabies should note this before coming here to cry in future.

Mumus like insecure9gerian do not appreciate that there is a long way to go and GEJ showing his hand this early just gives others ample time to also perfect their own strategy knowing fully well they face a rogue Presidency willing to shut down the democratic avenues that presents the only way for others to have a chance to meritoriously compete .

1 Like

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by iykak47: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2013
take dat: If this is going to make your day, the new scoreline is:
GEJ 1
Nigeria 0.

Are we to gloat over the troubling knowledge that the president handpicked an unrepentant bandit and a super dead brain who once spilled undemocratic nonsense in support of OBJ's tenure elongation as the Board of Thieves chairman? Even with the magnitude of exploitation and oppression, some still see this news as a good thing! The folly of 200million mumu's!
Good, next time think before you start premature celebration against Gej.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Gbawe: 9:51am On Feb 26, 2013
HNosegbe: Well, two things are clear:

1. Jonathan clearly has ambitions for 2015. That explains his insistence on putting his own man in such a sensitive position.

2. When it comes to playing politics, this guy is clearly not a "retardeen".

This crude show cannot be interpreted to mean he is intelligent either. Just desperate. His 2011 showing was predicated on negotiation and getting folks on board. This one is just a desperate show of bullying others and denying them their fundamental rights which would make the playing field level. GEJ is simply trying to use force to create a situation where he is unchallenged knowing fully well anything else will spell defeat 100%.

We should all know the worlds history enough to note that this sort of antics, convincing many they cannot win against a rogue leaders ready to use the instruments of supreme office partisanly, is what forces equally determined characters underground .
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 26, 2013
Jonathan is such a snake. This guarantees his return in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 26, 2013
I merely reproduced the post by some ID in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1155929/ahmadu-ali-new-pdp-bot

But while the original post in the thread in question was not blocked, my post reproducing them here have almost all been blocked. Is it now a criminal offence to reproduce other persons post? Why are the moderators taking up the extra task of facilitating the propaganda of opposition elements on this forum? Why would I spend my time and energy to post legitimate comments only for them to be blocked?

Now this bias has taken a dangerous dimension

2 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by truth4meal(m): 9:57am On Feb 26, 2013
Correct me if am right - is this not the same Anenih that was indicted by the Senate in 2009 for mismanaging 234bn meant for our roads? Jonah's desperation is sure revealing his corrupt virtues...

1 Like

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by KokoBeware: 9:58am On Feb 26, 2013
Gbawe:

He is not intelligent either. His 2011 showing was predicated on negotiation and getting folks on board. This one is just a desperate show of bullying others and denying them their fundamental rights which would make the playing field level. GEJ is simply trying to use force to create a situation where he is unchallenged knowing fully well anything else will spell defeat 100%.

We should all know the worlds history enough to note that this sort of antics, convincing many they cannot win against a rogue leaders ready to use the instruments of supreme office partisanly, is what forces equally determined characters underground .

Do you actually expect him as a serving president not to ensure his own man gets in as the BOT chairman in his very own party??... forget the fact that it is Anenih.... IF Anenih has lost you would have said GEJis very clueless and blah blah.. o noo wait you already said it when it looked as if he was going to loose.. as a leader you actually have to show strength sometimes...lets just be logical if his candidate cannot win within his party what does it say about him
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Diplomaticbj: 10:03am On Feb 26, 2013
I wonder wat our nation is going 2 through it as not be funny.no space 4 d youth in GEJ govment.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Olugbenger(m): 10:11am On Feb 26, 2013
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Gbawe: 10:12am On Feb 26, 2013
KokoBeware:

Do you actually expect him as a serving president not to ensure his own man gets in as the BOT chairman in his very own party??... forget the fact that it is Anenih.... IF Anenih has lost you would have said GEJis very clueless and blah blah.. o noo wait you already said it when it looked as if he was going to loose.. as a leader you actually have to show strength sometimes...lets just be logical if his candidate cannot win within his party what does it say about him

I don't know how people like you view things. "Consensus" win after others have been removed via hastily invoking a court order,pending for over a year, thus clearing the way completely so the President's choice is unchallenged when he could not win previously and democratically is now to be celebrated as "strategy"?

While I fully appreciate politics can be a battle, I expect Nigeria not to be regressed and disgraced in the process by a"sit-tight" attitude that encourages the despotic, undemocratic and dictatorial excesses Africa used to be known for. Because GEJ is desperate and sure even his own Party does not want him as their representative, he is trying to shut down democratic processes everywhere to simply deliver a coronation.

Personally I don't care he is doing this and actually expected it because I have always known him to be a callous character. What would be good is for folks like you who speak in defence of everything he is doing now to also accept whatever comes when the fightback begins against all these actions of GEJ simply taken to ensure others do not even have a democratic chance me and you, whatever our bias and leaning, should accept they must not be denied for the sake of peace and the growth of our nascent democracy.

It is important for folks to understand I am not asking anyone not to support all GEJ's desperate and dirty antics. I am just urging folks to be mature and pragmatic to understand that actions naturally have reactions in life. We should remember the actions that forced the reaction rather than cry over the reaction alone like children who enjoy looking for trouble yet are never ready to face the consequences of their incendiary actions.

3 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 26, 2013
Politics is a dirty game and 2015 gotta be bloody but i see lots of these politicians conceding to the powers that be like the did in the last election after much bragging and noise making. Bags of 6 B will once again be shared.

Seriously we need to revolt and kill lots of people for us to move forward but how can tribal sentiments let us do that when we understand each others tribe as an enemy to ours.

These politicians eat and dine together at our back but in the open they fight each other to keep deceiving those they can deceive.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 26, 2013
Gbawe:

This crude show cannot be interpreted to mean he is intelligent either. Just desperate. His 2011 showing was predicated on negotiation and getting folks on board. This one is just a desperate show of bullying others and denying them their fundamental rights which would make the playing field level. GEJ is simply trying to use force to create a situation where he is unchallenged knowing fully well anything else will spell defeat 100%.

That's the problem. Nigerian politics is crude. Nigerian politicians bully their way through to get what they want, and use force if necessary, because that is what works here.

It's just another symptom of the fact that cerebral, intelligent, savvy Nigerians have left the political realm to riff-raffs. Should we be surprised at the current state of affairs? Absolutely not.

Politics is a game of numbers. Until a sufficiently large number of morally upright, intellectually sound Nigerians enter the political space, we shouldn't be surprised to hear news such as this.

1 Like

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by abbeybanks(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2013
Its obvious the end for the party is near...

Progressives all the way in 2015. See you all in the other side of 2015
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by takedat(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2013
iykak47: Good, next time think before you start premature celebration against Gej.
Why, because he is God or because he is a president whose desperation and self serving interest would make him fraternise with thieves, poker faced conmen and handpick an old crook as Board of Thieves chairman?
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by basadenet: 10:22am On Feb 26, 2013
corruption continues.....
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by tarryT(m): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2013
Gbawe:

I don't know how people like you view things. "Consensus" win after others have been removed invoke court other that has been pending for over a year thus clearing the way completely so the President's choice is unchallenged when he could not win previously and democratically?

While I fully appreciate politics can be a battle, I expect Nigeria not to be regressed and disgraced in the process by a"sit-tight" attitude that encourages the despotic, undemocratic and dictatorial excesses Africa used to be known for. Because GEJ is desperate and sure even his own Party does not want him as their representative, he is trying to shut down democratic processes everywhere to simply deliver a coronation.

Personally I don't care he is doing this and actually expected it because I have always known him to be a callous character. What would be good is for folks like you who speak in defence of everything he is doing now to also accept whatever comes when the fightback begins against all these actions of GEJ simply taken[b] to ensure others do not even have a democratic chance me and you, whatever our bias and leaning, should accept they must not be denied for the sake of peace and the growth of our nascent democracy.[/b]

It is important for folks to understand I am not asking anyone not to support all GEJ's desperate and dirty antics. I am just urging folks to be mature and pragmatic to understand that actions naturally have reactions in life. We should remember the actions that forced the reaction rather than cry over the reaction alone like children who enjoy looking for trouble yet are never ready to face the consequences of their incendiary actions.
Why u dey drink panadol for PDP wahala.... So u expect PDP to do a general election for their BOT chairman... This Jonathan is truely frustratin the gang of loosers, heheheheheheheheheheh..

1 Like

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by tarryT(m): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2013
[
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 26, 2013
@Gbawe..,is clearly acting like a drowning man on this thread. How can anyone reconcile the irreconcilable post below:

"People need to ask why GEJ's candidate , for PDP BOT chairman, was cast aside easily by a last minute entrant who is effectively the choice of the Governors and the Northerners in the Party who feel GEJ is a cheat and user who fails to keep to an agreement.
Has it not been enough time to resolve the "deadlock" and reconvene a BOT vote or is it that the President is afraid he will be disgraced again by a Party vehemently resistive to hishighly unpopular and scantily supported ambition? Put to the vote, it is obvious GEJ's candidate will lose if the BOT election is repeated 50 times"....By Gbawe (Feb 9)

"It shows your lack of character you are will to support all this dictatorial actions that is the only way the failed power-drunk dictator in Aso Rock could achieve his vehemently resisted agenda. From now on, I expect GEJ will not put a single thing to the democratic vote".....By Gbawe making reference to the fact that Aneni was elected by consensus as PDP BOT chairman today.

Who can reconcile the above shameless contradictions? Only Gbawe.

This thread opened by stating: "exclusively reported by LEADERSHIP on Sunday, Chief Tony Anenih in the early hours of today was unanimously elected Board of Trustees (BoT) chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a meeting of the party held at the Banquet hall of the presidential villa, Abuja"

The fact in the report was that the PDP BOT chairman was "unanimously elected"(the same thing as consensus), meaning everyone qualified to vote consented to his election. May be Gbawe was expecting INEC or Tinubu to conduct the election? What is dictatorial about a unanimous election in PDP internal affairs?

@Gbawe..,my sincere advice, if you have any iota of shame, admit you mis-fired and apologise.

@Gbawe..,recall I told you I'll bookmark the post above and reproduce it an appropriate time? I kept my promise.

Unfortunately, the moderators blocked other post I reproduced on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by ba7man(m): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2013
awodman:
I have watched ur posts ƒσя some time and noticed that you aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ not among the naysayers but is some1 who genuinely wants a positive change I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅ his country..but having seen govt break their promises more often than they even make it..U̶̲̥̅̊ become very cynical cos of this huge trust deficit..but I wanna assure U̶̲̥̅̊ that your worst fears won't be confirmed
Ahh...Thank you ooo. Don't be fooled by my posts though, i'm sometimes tempted to comment based on tribal sentiments or Political affiliation but realize that there's always 2 sides to a book. I'v noticed the South East tend to tilt towards GEJ, PDP/APGA becos he seems to have their interest at heart. ACN has no influence in the South East so they really don't care about them. Meanwhile, in the west, we're still waiting for GEJ to prove his presence by fixing the Lagos-Ibadan and Oshodi-Apapa Express at least. PDP has less influence and presence in the West so we tend to lean towards ACN/APC. Hey, everyone's standing for what they belive in......But GEJ should at least fix the Light situation for us all.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Ogbodavies(m): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2013
Same old story,fresh air pls.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by lacasa: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2013
i dnt care cool

Infact if GEJ can, he should put Tompolo as BoT chairman

APC all the way!! tongue
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2013
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN ALL THE way!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Gbawe: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Gbawe..,is clearly acting like a drowning man on this thread. Who can anyone reconcile the irreconcilable post below:

"People need to ask why GEJ's candidate , for PDP BOT chairman, was cast aside easily by a last minute entrant who is effectively the choice of the Governors and the Northerners in the Party who feel GEJ is a cheat and user who fails to keep to an agreement.
Has it not been enough time to resolve the "deadlock" and reconvene a BOT vote or is it that the President is afraid he will be disgraced again by a Party vehemently resistive to hishighly unpopular and scantily supported ambition? Put to the vote, it is obvious GEJ's candidate will lose if the BOT election is repeated 50 times"....By Gbawe (Feb 9)

"It shows your lack of character you are will to support all this dictatorial actions that is the only way the failed power-drunk dictator in Aso Rock could achieve his vehemently resisted agenda. From now on, I expect GEJ will not put a single thing to the democratic vote".....By Gbawe making reference to the fact that Aneni was elected by consensus as PDP BOT chairman today.

Who can anyone reconcile the above shameless contradictions? Only Gbawe can reconcile them.

This thread opened by stating: "exclusively reported by LEADERSHIP on Sunday, Chief Tony Anenih in the early hours of today was unanimously elected Board of Trustees (BoT) chairman of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in a meeting of the party held at the Banquet hall of the presidential villa, Abuja"

The fact in the report was that the PDP BOT chairman was "unanimously elected"(the same thing as consensus), meaning everyone qualified to vote consented to his election. May be Gbawe was expecting INEC or Tinubu to conduct an election to determine who will chair the PDP BOT? What is dictatorial about a unanimous election in PDP?

@Gbawe..,my sincere advice, if you any iota of shame, admit you mis-fired and apologise.

@Gbawe..,recall I told you I'll bookmark the post above and reproduce it an appropriate time? I kept my promise.

Unfortunately, the moderators blocked other reproduced post

Insecure9gerian, I really don't know how you can have one single friend or associate in the world when you are so devious, slimey and scheming. Who mentioned "Gbawe" on the first page ? Is it not you? Now I have responded to give my opinion. Unlike you I read situation well because I am not the emotional wreck you and others are. You are not even clever enough to see that what I wrote that you quote only validates my stand and confirm you to be a cretin

Has it not been enough time to resolve the "deadlock" and reconvene a BOT vote or is it that the President is afraid he will be disgraced again by a Party vehemently resistive to his highly unpopular and scantily supported ambition? Put to the vote, it is obvious GEJ's candidate will lose if the BOT election is repeated 50 times. That is the level of resistance GEJand his camp are now trying to smother with their ruse to buy time

This is why you are currently jobless. You simply do not understand life to be able to discern things. Had Anenih won democratically, I would be first to concede GEJ a master-strategist who has outwitted others. Rather, others were crudely taken out to give Anenih a clear "consensus" path. You are the biggest fool born if you think such openly bullying antics, that totally disenfranchises others, will not be resisted. Dumb mofo. It is cowards like you who will back a grown 28 year old man beating up a 6 year old girl same way you encourage GEJ to be bullying and dictatorial rather than simply test his popularity. The man is trying to foist himself on a Party that does not want him.. I am right insisting that dictatorial conduct and bullying remains the only option for your treacherous and highly unpopular messiah. Let us see how far such tactics will take him.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by gregg2: 10:40am On Feb 26, 2013
Symphony007: When i was in high school i was taught that one of the features of the civil service was non-partisanship. So why would the chairman of the NPA also chair the board of a political party infact, the ruling political party. What kind of country is this. What is the courts for or the house or senate commitees on civil service. Amazing country!!

My guy, go back to Seconday School again.
A board appointment is a political appointment (not Civil Service)
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by christextension: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2013
i congratulate and celebrate a political icon,high chief Tony Anenih for this historical emergence as the pdp bot.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by EagleNest(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2013
The 2015 political war game is gradually building up.
GEJ is gradually strategizing and reharsing on how to push himself back.
Since it is a PDP thing, then as usual it is a family afair. It should not concern nigerians now otherwise I would have asked. 'Where is the masses in the equation? Do they count?
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 26, 2013
They want to rig the next election ,very sure.
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by olaric(m): 10:58am On Feb 26, 2013
Look who is talking of integrity!
Re: Anenih Is Elected PDP BoT Chairman by Jesuspikin87(m): 11:01am On Feb 26, 2013
This is a plus to GEJ 2015 presidential Ambtion.
And una talk say dis man no get sense.......IPray!
Were ni gbogbo won jare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iara Oshiomhole Launches Project Focus IDP Skills Acquisition (photos) / Photos From Southern Governors' Wives Forum / NAFDAC Seizes Truckload Of Fake Milk In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.