Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,008 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) (23190 Views)

Nigerians’ll Starve To Death By 2050, If… —presidency / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by gabriel212: 7:58am On Feb 27, 2013
@OP I PRAY IN JESUS NAME THAT I SHALL BE AMONG THE MEN THAT WILL BRING THE NEW TRANSFORMATION TO MY COUNTRY NIGERIA AS DEPICTED IN THE PICTURE.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS AFRICA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by omenka(m): 8:09am On Feb 27, 2013
I have this strong belief if our leaders could give us a chance to grow, 2050 is too far off for us to achieve these.

Nigeria is a country with imeasurable potentials. What we lack is leadership.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 9:21am On Feb 27, 2013
Novice1: It is good to dream, but let us dream sensible dreams.

What kind of dream is that? Sounds very pessimistic. On the one hand we have people who have taken the opportunity to bleed the nation and on the other we have people like you, content with mediocrity. Go away!!!
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nuzo1(m): 10:31am On Feb 27, 2013
The structures and development as seen in these pictures can be found in most part of North America, Europe and Aussie and Asia. They've been in been in existence for over 30 years and plans are underway to phase them out in the next 10-20 years.

With the above facts, it means the world will still be ahead of us with 80 years difference.

Sad.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 10:54am On Feb 27, 2013
Nuzo':
The structures and development as seen in these pictures can be found in most part of North America, Europe and Aussie and Asia. They've been in been in existence for over 30 years and plans are underway to phase them out in the next 10-20 years.

With the above facts, it means the world will still be ahead of us with 80 years difference.

Sad.

A little too literal there mate, the whole point is to say that Nigerian cities will look developed. DO you want him to make CGI of floating towers to fit a more futuristic idea of 2050?

A point of a city is not to look pretty btw, it is to be functional. Sydney is no better than Cologne that is hundreds of years old despite all its pretty structures that were built in the 1980s.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 27, 2013
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nuzo1(m): 1:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
CROWÉ:

A little too literal there mate, the whole point is to say that Nigerian cities will look developed. DO you want him to make CGI of floating towers to fit a more futuristic idea of 2050?

A point of a city is not to look pretty btw, it is to be functional. Sydney is no better than Cologne that is hundreds of years old despite all its pretty structures that were built in the 1980s.

The fact remains that what we saw in the pictures have been existence for over 30 years in some parts of this world, be it magnificient buildings in Sydney, vintage buildings in Cologne or civil engineering works in Dubai and Holland. And yes, they are functional now...it will only make sense if we strive to acheive such in the next 10 to 20 years from now. But the high tech and its funtionality as you know it now will be obsolete by 2050. That will leave Nigeria 70 years behind her western counterparts.

I speak from experience.
I've lived in some parts of the world where their structures and its funtionality is a constant work in progress. In those places, nothing can make you recognize a city you last visited in the last one year. I mean the structures and its functionality.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
Josh090: I like your + attitude mr. Rossike. All of these is very achievable but I fear it won't happen not with our level of education or expertise unless we want to contract everything to the chinese and germans to build for us. Point is, we need to build up our human resources first and foremost, unfortunately most of the leaders don't give a DAMN about the rot in our education sector.

I'm a bit more optimistic than you about the education sector. The FG gave education the highest budgetary allocation in its last budget, for the first time in the nation's history. There's some work going on to revamp education. It's going to take a few years to fix since the slide began decades ago.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by toboy: 4:05pm On Feb 27, 2013
chaii!!! abi who no like better things? Na like this life go dey sweet? i wish it could really be feasible!!! and it will!
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nuzo':

The fact remains that what we saw in the pictures have been existence for over 30 years in some parts of this world, be it magnificient buildings in Sydney, vintage buildings in Cologne or civil engineering works in Dubai and Holland. And yes, they are functional now...it will only make sense if we strive to acheive such in the next 10 to 20 years from now. But the high tech and its funtionality as you know it now will be obsolete by 2050. That will leave Nigeria 70 years behind her western counterparts.

I speak from experience.
I've lived in some parts of the world where their structures and its funtionality is a constant work in progress. In those places, nothing can make you recognize a city you last visited in the last one year. I mean the structures and its functionality.

Rossike is not planning on erecting the buildings in the picture so why does it matter? If he had pictures of how modern cities from 2050 would look he would have used them. he is making a point, how in gods name is that difficult to understand!!?!?! Where those buildings will be in 2050 is not relevant, Rossike is not trying to copy them, what matters is that they are state of the art in their time and the hope is that Nigeria will have state of the art cities in 2050, use your brain, Jesus!! Putting a damper of someones dreams is particularly annoying when nothing calls for it.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nuzo1(m): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2013
CROWÉ:

Rossike is not planning on erecting the buildings in the picture so why does it matter? If he had pictures of how modern cities from 2050 would look he would have used them. he is making a point, how in gods name is that difficult to understand!!?!?! Where those buildings will be in 2050 is not relevant, Rossike is not trying to copy them, what matters is that they are state of the art in their time and the hope is that Nigeria will have state of the art cities in 2050, use your brain, Jesus!! Putting a damper of someones dreams is particularly annoying when nothing calls for it.

Dude, calm down.

No need for insults or bursting your vains over mere pictures. I'm sure Rossiki understands this.

So you know, I appreciate Rossiki's passion for Nigeria. I also have that passion. The only difference is mine may seem more futuristic, unattainable and thereby annoying to you.

Understand that this is a public platform where as we appreciate things, its also brought under high level of scrutiny and constructive critism. Most times based on experiences.

On that grounds sir, I still maintain that its myopic to be dreaming of such level of development for 2050 when other parts of the world have attained such about 30 to 50 years back.

It wouldve been a different issue if he had provied the details and funtionality of those srtuctures.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nuzo1(m): 10:14pm On Feb 27, 2013
Double post
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Nuzo':

Dude, calm down.

No need for insults or bursting your vains over mere pictures. I'm sure Rossiki understands this.

So you know, I appreciate Rossiki's passion for Nigeria. I also have that passion. The only difference is mine may seem more futuristic, unattainable and thereby annoying to you.

Understand that this is a public platform where as we appreciate things, its also brought under high level of scrutiny and constructive critism. Most times based on experiences.

On that grounds sir, I still maintain that its myopic to be dreaming of such level of development for 2050 when other parts of the world have attained such about 30 to 50 years back.

It wouldve been a different issue if he had provied the details and funtionality of those srtuctures.

Read my post again, I am frustrated by your lack of understanding but there is no insulting to be seen.

First of all to show that you do not understand what you are talking about there is nothing to constructively criticize so where is this constructive criticism talk coming from? Like I said these aren't official plans, Rossike doesn't expect for Calabar to look exactly like Baltimore of today in 2050 because that Calabar is a picture of Baltimore, the 4th Niger Bridge is a picture of the San Francisco bridge and all those others are pictures of real things. The plane in a Lockheed Martin(American Company) concept, it is a futuristic concept so he used that, if he had futuristic concepts of cities he'd use them too, the exact info in pictures of the state of the represented cities is NOT RELEVANT so you are not making any sense, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nuzo1(m): 11:54pm On Feb 27, 2013
CROWÉ:

Read my post again, I am frustrated by your lack of understanding but there is no insulting to be seen.

First of all to show that you do not understand what you are talking about there is nothing to constructively criticize so where is this constructive criticism talk coming from? Like I said these aren't official plans, Rossike doesn't expect for Calabar to look exactly like Baltimore of today in 2050 because that Calabar is a picture of Baltimore, the 4th Niger Bridge is a picture of the San Francisco bridge and all those others are pictures of real things. The plane in a Lockheed Martin(American Company) concept, it is a futuristic concept so he used that, if he had futuristic concepts of cities he'd use them too, the exact info in pictures of the state of the represented cities is NOT RELEVANT so you are not making any sense, thank you.

Aside from the airplane sir, there's nothing too futuristic about the structures and its funtionality as such has been in exitence in some parts of the world.

Until Rossiki declares that the pics is for comic relief or comes forth with details of the picture functionality, I'm not going to jump up and down...neither will I have you bully me into taking the pictures too serious.

I've not insulted Rossiki. I merely reminded him that given his little details regarding the pictures, I've seen similar structures and its funtionality and thinks that such is will be obsolete by 2050.

What's actually causing your headache?
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by ACM10: 12:49am On Feb 28, 2013
hahahaha. . .you must be laughing hard at that Ibadan picture. Ibadan is one giant slum. I haven't been to any city as dirty as Ibadan. I haven't seen any city as unplanned as Ibadan. Ibadan is an embarrassment.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 28, 2013
This is inspiring!!!
But its sad we will most likey not get there by 2050.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 2:14am On Feb 28, 2013
Aside from the airplane sir, there's nothing too futuristic about the structures and its funtionality as such has been in exitence in some parts of the world.

Yes, that is because they are all real cities in the world today. I said not to take it too literally but there you go again.

Until Rossiki declares that the pics is for comic relief or comes forth with details of the picture functionality, I'm not going to jump up and down...neither will I have you bully me into taking the pictures too serious.

Common sense should tell you that, he shouldn't have to declare anything. Those pictures are snapshots of places already in existence right now and you are obviously taking it too serious asking for data and statistics. What I am asking you to do is not take is too seriously and that seems hard for you.

I've not insulted Rossiki. I merely reminded him that given his little details regarding the pictures, I've seen similar structures and its funtionality and thinks that such is will be obsolete by 2050.

Google search all the pictures and find out of where they are from then you will have all the info and history on them, the first one is singapore city, there you go. Rossike and the rest of us are only interested in the fact that they are developed cities and we are using them simply to visualize a developed Nigeria in 2050, any more than that is your own beef

What's actually causing your headache?

Honestly speaking it must be a case of someone is wrong on the internet but i will put it this way, the cities in the picture don't fucking matter so stop talking about how they will be outdated in 2050, nobody cares, all we care about is giving a face however inaccurate to our vision of a developed Nigeria.

This is not really something we should be arguing about so I will stop here
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nuzo1(m): 8:22am On Feb 28, 2013
CROWÉ: [b]
Yes, that is because they are all real cities in the world today. I said not to take it too literally but there you go again.

Common sense should tell you that, he shouldn't have to declare anything. Those pictures are snapshots of places already in existence right now and you are obviously taking it too serious asking for data and statistics. What I am asking you to do is not take is too seriously and that seems hard for you.

Google search all the pictures and find out of where they are from then you will have all the info and history on them, the first one is singapore city, there you go. Rossike and the rest of us are only interested in the fact that they are developed cities and we are using them simply to visualize a developed Nigeria in 2050, any more than that is your own beef

Honestly speaking it must be a case of someone is wrong on the internet but i will put it this way, the cities in the picture don't fucking matter so stop talking about how they will be outdated in 2050, nobody cares, all we care about is giving a face however inaccurate to our vision of a developed Nigeria.

This is not really something we should be arguing about so I will stop here

In other words, your common sense tells you that Rossiki's pictures is a comic relief and thereby should not be critically assessed?

What is actually wrong if we use this platform/pictures to critically debate on how Nigeria should be or not be in 2050?

Like I said before, only Rossiki can actually tell me to beat it based on his thoughts on the topic. Until then, my stands still remains.

This is a pure case of mental laziness!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2013
Oh dear god, people avoid joking around you don't they? It seems like with you everything must be war. Slow down and have some fun mate.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by cassyrooy(m): 6:25pm On Feb 28, 2013
I'm just 18+ and a future politician(nt a corupt one o!), it's attainable if present admin. would help me lay quality foundations. Bt we just pray Naija neva divides cos the North wil struggle to achieve theirs...
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Built2last: 6:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
hmmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
acidtalk: If just like our past leaders this generation and those yet to come remain Gluttonic, greedy and self centered, then this vision will never come to pass. Also if the Religious and Ethnice scuffles aren't curbed sooner than expected, then I doubt if there will be a country called Nigeria by then.

I grew up to know 1980 goal, Operation Build the nation, Mamsa, Sap, Millenium Goal, Vision 2010, vision 2015, now vision 2020......all the visions have all been visionless.

Nice on paper but will they ever become a reality? Not with the immoral, unreasonable and callous generation we are breeding in today's world.

On a second note, do Nigerians really want such development? Not with the way they cry fowl and go on protest match when the government bans Okada (commercial motorcycle, Demolish illegal structures, demolish House build on sewage, close down unhealthy market environment, place a ban on churches causing noise pollution and trying to tax churches using the name of God to hoard billions of naira from unsuspecting worshippers.

Will you destroy your current building because you dream to have a better one? Until u have the resources and fully ready to build a new house, never make a mistake of destroying the old one. Govt of Nigeria must make provision for Okada riders (some else to do) before banning Okada etc. that's what you need to know.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by birdman(m): 5:32am On Mar 01, 2013
CROWÉ:

Then you should be happy with the way things are now. We look more developed than we were 40 years ago. I dont know why anyone thinks this thread is a good idea. It is a curse to be perpetually behind others by about a century.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Ufeolorun(m): 5:54am On Mar 01, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Not at all.

Ekiti in 2050:

Thumbs down .Won't trade Ekiti's natural vegetation for Gaza city,no flipping way like. The real future is Green.
Creepy!
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by birdman(m): 5:57am On Mar 01, 2013
Ufeolorun:
Thumbs down .Won't trade Ekiti's natural vegetation for Gaza city,no flipping way like. The real future is Green.
Creepy!

bros come out of the forest and join civilization.

seriously though, you are right. Becoming more urban is not necessarily a good thing
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by juman(m): 10:15am On Mar 01, 2013
centje: This is inspiring!!!
But its sad we will most likey not get there by 2050.

Death is inevitable for everybody. grin grin

I believe nigeria can be there in 2050 if the country is best organised.

PDP government cannot well organised the country as far as we have seen.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 11:43am On Mar 01, 2013
birdman:

Then you should be happy with the way things are now. We look more developed than we were 40 years ago. I dont know why anyone thinks this thread is a good idea. It is a curse to be perpetually behind others by about a century.

At what point did I say it is okay to be behind everybody else as long as we are developing? You people are the ones who want the Naira to get stronger irrespective of what it implies, on the face of it is sounds good so nothing else matters even how it affects Nigerians markets(not saying that its getting stronger is a bad thing, before someone misquotes me), complete lack of depth. You cannot grasp what I am saying, you just pick individual sentences and take them to sum up an entire post.

The level of development is not at play here, leave the level of development alone. Rossike is just trying to visualize a time when Nigeria may be developed and he is using the only pictures of development he can find to help him visualize a little, that is wtf dreaming of the future is called, he obviously doesn't know what the future will look like so he cannot have an accurate visualization. Again this is dreaming and not planning for how to proceed so research for accuracy is never a part of it, wtf is wrong with you people!?!?!?!

Literally every post you guys make is saying the exact same thing and all I've ever done is repeat that is not the point of the thread but all you ever do is spew the same nonsense over and fvcking over again. Obviously Rossike wants Nigerian cities to be state of the art by 2050, the sheer stewpidity is beyond me and I will not punish myself by discussing it further with you lot.

I bet when the little ones in your family tell you they want to play football with Cristiano Ronaldo when they grow up you respond by telling them how Ronaldo will be old and retired instead of cheering them on as if that is the kind of attitude that will motivate them to pursue their dreams. The pictures give an image to how far behind Nigeria is, people see them and then and are moved except you come in to tell them that their dreams are stupid and will be outdated as if their dream is to make Calabar look and be on the same level at 2050 as Baltimore is today. Dreams aren't meant to be scrutinized, Rihanna dreamed of being like Madonna and considers her her idol, I don't see her wearing a blonde wig and singing Madonna's type of music. What you people need to do is a get a clue.

/RantOver. GoodDay!!

I hope that ends this argument for good.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ufeolorun:
Creepy!

That's not Gaza city. And I doubt you would be talking ''natural vegetation'' if you were one of the thousands living in rusty roofed shacks in modern Ekiti.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by pleep(m): 2:34am On Mar 02, 2013
Maiduguri

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by CROWE: 2:48am On Mar 02, 2013
mmmm natural, green and beaurifool
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by birdman(m): 3:17am On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE:

That's not Gaza city. And I doubt you would be talking ''natural vegetation'' if you were one of the thousands living in rusty roofed shacks in modern Ekiti.

ouch
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Horus(m): 2:14am On Jul 08, 2013

A Nigerian car in 2050

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) / Eased Lockdown Not Permission For Carelessness, FG Warns / FDI: FG’s Move Against Multichoice May Discourage Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.