Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) (23189 Views)

Nigerians’ll Starve To Death By 2050, If… —presidency / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by TheBookWorm: 2:56am On Jul 08, 2013
If this is Nigeria in 2050, I wonder how the industrialized world will look.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by enny5: 3:02am On Jul 08, 2013
stories that tickles the armpit. There is a better chance of the atlantic dryin up.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 4:26am On Jul 08, 2013
enny5: stories that tickles the armpit. There is a better chance of the atlantic dryin up.
Lmao grin
Be optimistic
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by chei: 4:37am On Jul 08, 2013
TheBookWorm: If this is Nigeria in 2050, I wonder how the industrialized world will look.

By then, they'll be living in Mars after left this planet for us poor Africans. grin Africans will now migrate to their countries and claim them; Turn Tokyo to Onitsha, Chicago to Kaduna, New York to Lagos. . . I think thats what the poster dreams of.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by musiwa29: 4:42am On Jul 08, 2013
carter bridge was built in 1901, if we had remain the 3 unit since independent, we would have got there.

senegal...below.. how do expect Ngozi iweala to set economy policy for northern nigeria.. do you think, we would get anywhere that way. Or sanusi Lamido set police for the western nigeria. You will never get ahead.

Britain did it because even in britain, this is how it was..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWuuEJVGJsE

[img]http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19378741[/img]

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by 99cent: 5:47am On Jul 08, 2013
some of the pictures look a bit scary.
reminds me of the so called Chinese ghost towns/ ghost cities.

I feel claustrophobic just from looking at them. ughh

massive chinese built town in the middle of Angola (Kilamba, Angola)

http://www.businessinsider.com/chinese-built-ghost-town-kilamba-angola-2012-7?op=1
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Sylverbox(m): 6:06am On Jul 08, 2013
Abj,lagos,enugu,uyo and Ph sure die. But Kano and Aba....hmmmm.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by biafranqueen: 6:09am On Jul 08, 2013
ISEEE !!
[/b]What ever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve[b]

Nigeria the [/b]Giant of Africa [b]
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 08, 2013
Dream on

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
99cent: some of the pictures look a bit scary.
reminds me of the so called Chinese ghost towns/ ghost cities.

I feel claustrophobic just from looking at them. ughh

massive chinese built town in the middle of Angola (Kilamba, Angola)

This is the sort of thing Lagos needs. Just pull down all those slums and erect these highrises to rehouse people.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Can somebody please forward those pictures to GEJ, Sambo and David Mark's facebook page undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by adepojuot: 11:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dreamer!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by sopoundz(m): 1:11am On Nov 21, 2013
God bless d op, d citizens of nigeria to achieve diz wonderful dream, God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 21, 2013
The South West should try, despite Nigeria's Federalism, to set up legislation that'll discourage migration into her Region. It could be in the form of higher taxation for indigenes of her non-allies/potential enemies i.e non-members of the Old Western Region. It could also come in the form of proposing mandatory identification/Social Security numbers for its residents---Primarily indigenes of the states party to the agreement--- (lack of which will earn you heavy fines and trips to Prison) with the objective of lawfully and systematically denying same to certain people. Linked Digital Fingerprinting of criminals (which can be shared by law enforcement in these states) should be encouraged with the aim of viciously prosecuting violators. A first time offense should carry a very heavy fine, a subsequent offense should carry a mandatory 10 yrs minimum sentences. The first wave of Prisoners should be housed on one of Lagos' deserted islands and as more are caught, they should be put to work building more Prison Units and complexes that would be needed to house the impending wave of violators that would undeniably be convicted. While incarcerated, they should be put to work for the benefit of their host Govts and its inhabitants e.g Farming. Only people that are financially and Professionally worthy to the Region should be issued these instruments of identification. This will kill two birds with one stone: First, the Region will be decongested of people useless to its development because you shouldnt be able to get anything done without the I.Ds (school, housing, medical care etc). Next, when hit with the reality that they cannot destroy their own homes then flee to others, they will do whats right and elect credible candidates that'll work for their own good and that of the country.

If its the law, it is right. This is how you fight fire with fire in the 21st century.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 19, 2014
sopoundz: God bless d op, d citizens of nigeria to achieve diz wonderful dream, God bless Nigeria

Thank you bro.. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:10am On Jul 19, 2014
See comedy sha. grin
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by ogbronx(m): 1:28am On Jul 19, 2014
Criteria to achieve this kind of infrastructures and development are;
*Human capacity development
*Harnessing And optimization of all our natural resources across the country.
* True federalism
* Drastically reduced corruption due to accountability
* Effective crisis management and purposeful attempts to nation building
* Population control or program. Database of Nigerians. Birth control and no porous borders.
* Good and non-selfish govt developmental policies. etc.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by drauj(m): 1:30am On Jul 19, 2014
@ op I hope we live to see this fantasy becomes a reality. Mark you tribalists like you will then realise what the "North" could be if not for your myopic Hydrocarbon mentality.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 2:16am On Jul 19, 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 19, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by UnknownT: 7:08am On Jul 19, 2014
HNosegbe: When Fashola tries to clean up Lagos so that we can at least see a semblance of order, some myopic goons will begin to accuse him of tribalism.

Achieving the aesthetic quality painted by the OP will require a complete pulling down and redesign of our cities. Shanties will need to be destroyed, roads will need to be widened, drainages need to be cleared, and many people will be made homeless.

How many Nigerians will appreciate a leader who attempts to make such changes?
Who lives in most of the shanties Fashola will have to pull down?
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Rossikki: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
optimumprimus: the President must be good looking,not less than 6 feet tall. must wear suit or dress shirt on official and international duties. not just any ugly oily face Dullard. the president must be a role model .
the News presenters must be beautiful,well dressed with nice hairstyle . the studio must be neat . no old TV presenters allowed,only young sexy presenters.
the police officer must be 6 feet and above .
the sexiest girls should be used as Miss Nigeria ,not just any mediocre village girls .

New curriculums such as "sociolinguistics " to help mold and shape the children's accent .
the very very best soccer players must be used . they must be good looking,not just any ugly players .

handsome and beautiful good looking people organize a society which is good looking and befitting. ugly malnourished oily faced people with red eyes build an ugly filthy society which looks like them .
sorry If i'm being too shallow ,I am a perfectionist .
the Nigerian climate and atmosphere sucks. Cloud Seeding can be used to make nigerian climate more appealing . there'll be more days with blue skies .
harmattan will no longer exist.
You are shallow, ignorant, stu.pid and dumb. Please get this blasted rubbish and your dirty pictures off my thread. By 2050 your colonialist, slave plantation concept of beauty will be long dead and buried by God's grace, with pathetic, mentally disfigured caricatures like you confined to the dustbin of history.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Rossikki: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
optimumprimus: Rossike , one other thing i would like to add ; the current system we have right now will not exist by 2070. the United states is coming up with other alternatives to usher in a new futuristic civilization in the next 60 years,it's called "Venus Project" (see. Venus Project). these very arrangement as we have them today will be outdated .
I have zero interest in your input. Kindly get lost and stay lost, you vile animal.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Rossikki: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
drauj: @ op I hope we live to see this fantasy becomes a reality. Mark you tribalists like you will then realise what the "North" could be if not for your myopic Hydrocarbon mentality.

You clearly don't know me to refer to me as a 'tribalist'. And kindly correct yourself. We refer to this as a projection not a fantasy. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by iluvnaija: 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2014
If ya'll want what you've seen in the pix to happen then some has to follow rawlings step that is wipe out these greedy politicians in naija today otherwise that pix is a dream.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by GBTYO: 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Not at all.

Ekiti in 2050:

and Ekiti became a coastal city

tongue
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by GBTYO: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2014
Osun 2016
Tinubu's Militia battle Fayose for control of Ekiti

Ibadan 2016
Capital of Ritual Killings

Lagos 2016
No more Petrodollars
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by GBTYO: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2014
NE Islamic Republic of Western Sudan formerly Borno, Nigeria

Central Islamic Republic of Western Sudan formerly Kano

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2014
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Rossikki: 9:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
enny5: stories that tickles the armpit. There is a better chance of the atlantic dryin up.

Really? Not sure where you are sitting right now, but it was far less developed 50 years ago. What makes you think time and progress stops with you and your life?

This was Broad Street Lagos in 1952

Broad Street Lagos Today

[img]http://nationalmirroronline.net/thumbnail.php?file=/Broad_Street__Lagos._408204254.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

Broad Street 2050

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by tonytony208(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
CFCfan:

I guess Ekiti isn't photogenic grin grin

e-slap is smelling on somebody

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Sacks Babatunde Bank Anthony, Appoints Oluwatoyin Gafar Bolowotan / Igboho: Afenifere Reacts As Court Stops FG From Arresting Agitator / Sorrowful Letter To Asiwaju Bola Tinubu By Tunde Odesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.