Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) (23196 Views)

Nigerians’ll Starve To Death By 2050, If… —presidency / See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Nigeria's Population To Surpass U.S By 2050 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
ROSSIKE: This could very well be a Nigerian-built jet in 2050.

Built by Dangote Aeronautics, the 5th largest aircraft manufacturer on earth in 2050.

But why "Dangote"? Why not Rossike? grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
HNosegbe: But let's face it: There are some very important changes that need to take place before Nigeria will fulfil it's potential. The biggest of those changes is the evolution of a new brand of politicians who will provide the kind of leadership that will drive the revolution which will produce cities like those Rossike is showing.

I tell my fellow youths all the time that those of us who feel we have something to offer MUST go into politics. It's not enough to criticize non-performing, clueless, visionless and selfish leaders if those of us who feel we can do better don't volunteer themselves for service. It's also not enough to simply turn up every four years to vote in elections, or else it will be a case of smart ones voting for buffoons.

If you know you have something to offer, join a political party today.

"The consequence of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors" - Plato.

I fully agree. But I think that new crop of politicians is already manifesting. The likes of Fashola, Duke, Chime, Akpabio, Oshiomohle, Okorocha. Even President Jonathan himself. There is a growing tendency towards legacy as an objective among political leaders, as opposed to the sole preoccupation with accumulation.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
Its good to dream op cause such a thing can never ever happen who go build am is it with out current education system that is nothing to write home about in west africa talk less of africa or the whole world south korea has one of the best universities in the world google it and see the rankings seoul national university nigeria can never ever ever ever ever ever ever be like this but like I said its good to dream so let's dream we will reach there in the dream.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
HNosegbe:

But why "Dangote"? Why not Rossike? grin

Ah.. Good point. grin grin
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

I fully agree. But I think that new crop of politicians is already manifesting. The likes of Fashola, Duke, Chime, Akpabio, Oshiomohle, Okorocha. Even President Jonathan himself. There is a growing tendency towards legacy as an objective among political leaders, as opposed to the previous sole objective of accumulation.

Errr... "President Jonathan"? grin

I'm not sure how different he is, when the likes of Tony Anenih are still being given political appointments.

As for the "growing tendency towards legacy", I'd say the jury is still out on that. undecided

ROSSIKE:

Ah.. Good point. grin grin

Abi na... grin
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by rodeo0070(m): 7:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Thank you.

I imagine a better Ekiti than that tho. We have less than 4 decades to make this visions come true. Can we do it?
I beg show my hometown for Ekiti in 2050...
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
tensazangetsu: Its good to dream op cause such a thing can never ever happen who go build am is it with out current education system that is nothing to write home about in west africa talk less of africa or the whole world south korea has one of the best universities in the world google it and see the rankings seoul national university nigeria can never ever ever ever ever ever ever be like this but like I said its good to dream so let's dream we will reach there in the dream.

Hmmm... Well the quality of your sentence construction supports the point you're making sha.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
ZACHIE: Maiduguri nko?

Maiduguri

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
^^
Yay! I'm glad Boko Haram was wiped out by then grin
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
Yay! I'm glad Boko Haram was wiped out by then grin

Yes. By 2050, Maiduguri will be an enlightened centre of Islamic learning and civilization. Producing world class scholars in ethics, history and religious tolerance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Yes. By 2050, Maiduguri will be an enlightened centre of Islamic learning and civilization. Producing world class scholars in ethics, history and religious tolerance.
GBAM! 20 Likes for your comment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by manny4life(m): 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
CFCfan: Nice pics, ROSSIKE. Though I would have preferred the Nigeria Airways plane to be a 747 cheesy

Don't let Omo_Tier get you saying 747, unless you're ready for him grin grin grin grin

By 2050, like ROSSIKE said, it may even be phased out. Boeing and Airbus has supersonic craft concepts, so you might fly from NY to London in 2hrs... grin
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2013
manny4life:

Don't let Omo_Tier get you saying 747, unless you're ready for him grin grin grin grin

By 2050, like ROSSIKE said, it may even be phased out. Boeing and Airbus has supersonic craft concepts, so you might fly from NY to London in 2hrs... grin

That would be AWESOME! I apologize in advance to Omo Tier1 grin
Do you by any chance have any links to those plans?
Thanks.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by bokohalal(m): 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2013
That is a desert United States city that you termed Benin City in the future. Benin City remains in the rainforest.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 8:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
I am glad i will still be alive to see this, there is opportunity but not only via drawings or mouth, action is needed.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by manny4life(m): 8:12pm On Feb 26, 2013
CFCfan:

That would be AWESOME! I apologize in advance to Omo Tier1 grin
Do you by any chance have any links to those plans?
Thanks.

Ah, they are online. These concepts has been in the media for about 3years now, their only scare I believe is overcoming the Concorde incident and speed and making it affordable.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
manny4life:

Ah, they are online. These concepts has been in the media for about 3years now, their only scare I believe is overcoming the Concorde incident and speed and making it affordable.

Yeah. That concorde accident is still fresh in the memory. I hope that the engineers at both Boeing and Airbus introduce extra safety measures that won't hinder the supersonic speed, but also ensure that the plane isn't easily susceptible to damage.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by manny4life(m): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
CFCfan:

Yeah. That concorde accident is still fresh in the memory. I hope that the engineers at both Boeing and Airbus introduce extra safety measures that won't hinder the supersonic speed, but also ensure that the plane isn't easily susceptible to damage.

That one isn't a problem after all, Dubai abi it's Saudi King, one of them placed an order for a BBJ supersonic transporter that cost was it $85 or $185million. One of those figures, they got it. It's just that FAA mandates that when you're in U.S. Airspace, you can't fly no more than 999knots which is about 1.4x the speed of sound. However, these jets are expected to thrust speed up to Mach 4, and it ain't gonna work under FAA or Europe's Airspace limitation.

As for the engineering, I think they got it under control, the Concorde was a sad event that will forever remind us that no matter the best of an equipment, it's always bound to fail.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
manny4life:

That one isn't a problem after all, Dubai abi it's Saudi King, one of them placed an order for a BBJ supersonic transporter that cost was it $85 or $185million. One of those figures, they got it. It's just that FAA mandates that when you're in U.S. Airspace, you can't fly no more than 999knots which is about 1.4x the speed of sound. However, these jets are expected to thrust speed up to Mach 4, and it ain't gonna work under FAA or Europe's Airspace limitation.

As for the engineering, I think they got it under control, the Concorde was a sad event that will forever remind us that no matter the best of an equipment, it's always bound to fail.

I guess the FAA and the European civil aviation authorities fear a very fast aircraft. If the engineers can convince them (aviation authorities) about the safety of such supersonic aircraft, then those speed limitations have to be removed.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Cosmopolice: 10:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
Mehn i cant stop laughing. This would only happen if cows start growing wings.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by bedford101(m): 10:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
lol see dreamz well i like u guys, but i think this can only be possible after them don kill all the present leaders thieves we have now, eliminate all of them and let the president, vp, senators, ministers and all the governors be fresh graduate, then there will be a new begining, atleast lets see how we will become the leaders of tomoro, cos since i was in crech thats when they told us we re the leaders of tomoro but the pple that where leaders then re the once still leading dunno when we will start to lead
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Eziachi: 11:34pm On Feb 26, 2013
You really think that its length of time that will make the difference? Well, I got news for you, most Nigerian cities in the 60s looks better than they are in 2013, most has running water in the 60s but in 2013 drinks through borehole commissioned with a big fanfare by politician. They have an airline 30 years ago and today, they have none.
Port Harcourt was nicknamed the garden city in the 60s, today, no one will dare call her that.

In the 70s every Nigerian sports loving young male looks forward to the buoyant national football league and ardent supporters of well ran football teams like IICC, Rangers, Racca, Waterco, Mighty Jets, Spartans, Bendel Insurance, Sharks, Vasco Da Gama etc and its live on tv as well, but in 2013 that league is as good as dead, many don't know it even exist as they all support Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man UTD, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.
So giving Nigeria time ahead, as a means of improvement is a fallacy. Go and check those they are building today in 5 years time and see them rotting away with their poor managing culture.
Ask yourself, where are institutions of pride like Societe general bank of the past?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by baby124: 11:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Cosmopolice: Mehn i cant stop laughing. This would only happen if cows start growing wings.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

IS this for real? These pictures look like pictures of other countries which i recognize. hmmm... undecided
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 26, 2013
I hope a strong national airline becomes a reality before 2050. Already, there are merger plans amongst some domestic airlines to form one big mega-carrier. Those plans should come to fruition by April.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 27, 2013
Eziachi: You really think that its length of time that will make the difference? Well, I got news for you, most Nigerian cities in the 60s looks better than they are in 2013

You're wrong. Nigerian cities of the 60s were little more than glorified villages. Today's Nigerian cities are far more advanced by way of infrastructure.

most had running water in the 60s

Another fantasy claim. Pipe borne water was only available to a very tiny, select few based in colonial quarters like GRA. Power generation at independence was 270 megawwatts, compared to 4,750 mw today.

They have an airline 30 years ago and today, they have none.

We have SEVERAL airlines today whereas we had just one in the 60s.

Port Harcourt was nicknamed the garden city in the 60s, today, no one will dare call her that.

Port Harcourt is too busy developing itself to bother with empty phrases like ''garden city'' - a ridiculous term dreamt up in the 60s in spite of the general squalor and poverty of the place at the time (apart from GRA colonial quarters). Today, Port Harcourt has freeways, business districts, high rises, flyovers, and an intra-city rail network under construction - none of which existed in the 60s.

In the 70s every Nigerian sports loving young male looks forward to the buoyant national football league and ardent supporters of well ran football teams like IICC, Rangers, Racca, Waterco, Mighty Jets, Spartans, Bendel Insurance, Sharks, Vasco Da Gama etc and its live on tv as well, but in 2013 that league is as good as dead, many don't know it even exist as they all support Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man UTD, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.

To you it is dead. To millions of us it is not dead. We still follow our league, which has seen major improvements in the last 10 years if I might add. The likes of Sunday Mba and Godfrey Oboabona who lit up the Nations Cup with their technical expertise and prowess, are testament to the abiding quality of our league. As more investment enters the league, we should see great improvements leading up to 2050.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by topsy1971: 1:04am On Feb 27, 2013
I think you are actually referring to "Nigeria in tear 3050"
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by manny4life(m): 1:39am On Feb 27, 2013
CFCfan:

I guess the FAA and the European civil aviation authorities fear a very fast aircraft. If the engineers can convince them (aviation authorities) about the safety of such supersonic aircraft, then those speed limitations have to be removed.

Well they have said they will review the standard when we get there BUT not anytime soon, and when they do, they might grant special waivers airspace separations. I have to read up on it again, let me don't speculate incorrect information.

Haha, you cannot remove it o, how and why will they remove it when 98% of all commercial flights fly within that airspace? The Air Traffic Control Command Center monitors about 4,000 flight by the hour across the continental U.S., at least 60% of which are commercial, can you imagine where 2,400 flight cruising at standard speed of 450 - 511mph, and your supersonic jet is cruising at 4x the same speed, ah there's bound to be collision.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by HAH: 2:29am On Feb 27, 2013
Wake up , wake up. You have been dreaming since in fact you even sleep walked , abeg enter kitchen soak your garri and go to school.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by birdman(m): 3:19am On Feb 27, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Not at all.

Ekiti in 2050:

Even in 2050, Ekiti still looks "behind the times". might as well be 1984. lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Novice1(m): 4:16am On Feb 27, 2013
It is good to dream, but let us dream sensible dreams.
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by Dibiachukwu: 4:22am On Feb 27, 2013
If that is Nigeria by 2050. Then we are a finished people and have no dreams. See mediocrity on display. All south eastern cities would be better than all of that by 2050. I promise you cool
Re: Nigeria In 2050 (pictures) by theripper: 7:48am On Feb 27, 2013
Dis kind dream na "Pipe dream".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chinua Achebe's Burial Rites (Pictures) / Speakership: 121 Elected Lawmakers, Femi Gbajabiamila Meet El-Rufai (Photos) / Buratai To Troops: We Are Days Away From Finally Defeating Boko Haram/iswap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.