Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour (10976 Views)

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by vandarsar(m): 12:43am On Mar 01, 2013
Are they rock stars ??
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by ikweremilitant: 12:51am On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

There's nothing wrong in defending your paymaster fucktardious maniac

Here it is foolishh cretinous anuofia

sn't Fashola the co-chairperson of the National Governors Forum after the Rivers Governor? How could an important state like Lagos, and Fashola being very vocal, be at National Govt Forum / National Economic Council meeting, they agree, leave the meeting in peace, Fashola NEVER objected only for him to change his mouth now. The funny thing was that IT WAS ENDORSED BY THE 36 GOVERNORS not 35 govt, BUT 36 GOVERNORS including Oshimole of Edo state, it wasn't ill-conceived then, I bet if there was something to sign, he probably signed one...

I fear fashola die, this was how he changed in oil subsidy, was at the forum and endorsed the removal, as soon as the shitt hit the fan, he change 180 degrees. I pity people who still have hopes on this man, this will prolly be the third time he has 180 deg shifted on national issues and started speaking big English. This is a man whom you want to trust with presidency? He will tell you good words on the campaign trail only for him to change in the first hour he steps into office.

Anyway, this was from ---> http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/02/24/fg-insists-on-national-good-governance-tour-in-edo-state/

very soon we go change his name to fashi ole

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by EkoIle1: 12:53am On Mar 01, 2013
peterprecious: Other states govs are working not only lagos, lagos, go to uyo, calaber, enugu, benin, imo and see what others are doing, just take a trip to uyo u wl not feel like coming back to lagos again. Talk about road, security, transport system, compulsory education etc.

why do you people say stuff like go to uyo, go kafanshan... who cares ? the only people they are obligated to are their subjects and the people that put them in office and their taxpayers. wtf do I care about what apabio is doing in his village? if he's doing anything beyond the 3 roads and.fly over bridge in one single location? if anything is there and you'd like us to see it, post picture and let us see and if not who cares.

we don't tell you to go anywhere, we show you facts and pictures to go with it. the only reason why you people can not show anythng is because there there is.nothing to show.

if I'm not satisfied with my governors performance, ill vote him out, I don't need some crooked and corrupt 419 scammers to show or tell me what I can see with my.own eyes.

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by solomon111(m): 1:01am On Mar 01, 2013
eggheaders:

outside some parts of enugu the other places you mention are in squalor.
if akwa-ibom and crossrivers is squalor,then the rest of Nigeria is chronic squalor.
@Eko ile
You are an ignorant slowpoke.
What other leverage does lagos have,if not its population?
A population growth that was triggered by virtue of lagos being a former capital.
Why do you think investors come to lagos?
Because of the social amenities,good governance,tax breaks,?
Lol.
The only thing lagos has, is its population.
Without its large population,its IGR(Which are from tax,anyway) will decrease,its federal allocations which are based on population density will drastically reduce.
There will be no way to fund your numerous white projects and pay Tinubu his monthly taxes.
Lagos will lose its cosmopolitan outlook,and then assume the picture of the rest of your poverty striken,homogenous and disinteresting SW states.
As for akwa-ibom state,even your over-hyped governor fashola marveled and aknowledged the level of devt in the state.
You are an incosequential lapdog.

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by rottennaija(m): 1:20am On Mar 01, 2013
idirect: In other news

(D), final answer D
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by EkoIle1: 1:43am On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: if akwa-ibom and crossrivers is squalor,then the rest of Nigeria is chronic squalor.
@Eko ile
You are an ignorant slowpoke.
What other leverage does lagos have,if not its population?
A population growth that was triggered by virtue of lagos being a former capital.
Why do you think investors come to lagos?
Because of the social amenities,good governance,tax breaks,?
Lol.
The only thing lagos has, is its population.
Without its large population,its IGR(Which are from tax,anyway) will decrease,its federal allocations which are based on population density will drastically reduce.
There will be no way to fund your numerous white projects and pay Tinubu his monthly taxes.
Lagos will lose its cosmopolitan outlook,and then assume the picture of the rest of your poverty striken,homogenous and disinteresting SW states.
As for akwa-ibom state,even your over-hyped governor fashola marveled and aknowledged the level of devt in the state.
You are an incosequential lapdog.

illiterate Olodo, why do you think investors invest in any particular place if its not stability, safety and security, management and leadership. ? who invest in dangerous kidnappers enclave where you kidnap and kill yourselves like chicken.

and what's that got to do with your dumb rubbish about go to uyo and some backward village that's yet to see civilization. the village Akwa you are talking about is with 2 million population is 10 x richer than lagos state per head and their budget is high like lagos state, yet all they have their is 3 roads and flyover in one simple location and private jets all for N450 billion budget ..

STFU and face your miserable village abeg.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Hardfact: 5:44am On Mar 01, 2013
quality01: one ting is sure dat if labaran maku visits any state dat sponsored his tour, he wil neva find any fault. practical example is abia state. D citizens felt so disappointed dat quez r filtered 2 suit d gov n major places he needs to visit was ignored.plz he shld stop all diz scam n tink of beta way 2 raise money 4 his govenorship election. I even wonder y GEJ wil approve of such
No be lie my bro.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by oraclefemi(m): 5:59am On Mar 01, 2013
PDP ..most things that come out of this so called party hasnt impressed me over the years even though they have good leaders among them but their umbrella of corruption over shadows it.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Joythah(m): 6:03am On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

Well you can see my post above yours.

Why did he NOT object at the governors meeting or at the executive council meeting? Is Fashola not the co-chairperson of NGF? Abeg let's condemn what's wrong as wrong, he's two-sided---PERIOD.

This was how he endorsed the subsidy removal, as soon as it came down, he started blowing big grammar. Why don't you note your objection at the council meeting you literally co-chair with River State Governor?

He has the right to object, but swiftly changing is very WRONG, objecting like he had no prior knowledge about it..
have you ever seen a meeting where there are no dissenting voices? The fact that the pdp has more members means they will win when the matter is voted. Any body that says 36 govs voted for it is simply deluded. The right language is to say that the govs forum agreed not 36 govs. And by the way the decisions of the govs forum is not legally binding which means you can dissent. Govs fashola and adams have taking advantage of this and it is well within their rights to do so.

1 Like

Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Joythah(m): 6:07am On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: This is bullshitt.
A lot of Nigerians are oblivious of what is going in other states where they are not resided.
If not for the tour,i wouldn't know about the power plants in different parts of the country.
make it a habit to read newspapers. Information is your personal responsibility not that of others. Make effort....
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Joythah(m): 6:14am On Mar 01, 2013
Fashola as the co-chair of the NGF, and very outspoken (or so I thought), if he had an initial objection both at the executive council and NGF, they will not come out and say what he hadn't agreed, better yet, they would have noted his objection. Will it be the first or the last that he's opposing an idea at NGF, so why this one? You're here asking me for minutes, the news is out there na, let him go contest it that he objected if he knows he's innocent.[/quote ] its clear that you have no knowlegde of how organizations work. If the senate passes a law does it mean that there were not those against it? The diffrence between that of the senate and the NGF is that while any law passed by the senate is legally binding those of the NGF are not.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Joythah(m): 6:21am On Mar 01, 2013
manny4life:

Look sir, when the house a bill like you say, it says the number who supported vs opposed the bill, right? Yes, they say the house passed the bill, however, if there are 36 members of the house who passed the bill, how will they say it? All 36 members passed the bill without opposition. Prime example, the anti-gay bill, the HOUSE passed it without ANY opposition.

Now reverse the same situation, if the house of 36 members passed with a 34-2, yes they will say the house passed the bill but not with 36 members endorsing it, it will say 34 member supporting and 2 opposing. So in this case, every governor for himself, it clearly said "ALL 36 GOVERNORS ENDORSED IT". No sir, the original report said NGF. It was when this debate started that it was twisted to all 36 govs
If it was a state like Sokoto that they overshadowed, ok I can understand, but a state like Lagos, please bring another story.
all govs have equal votes regardless of state size
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Joythah(m): 6:26am On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: Fashola is evidence of your tribal superiority?
Lol.
You probably never steped foot in states like akwa-ibom,crossriver,and even Enugu.
Their respective governors are light years ahead of fashola.
Ignorant foool.
Enugu...hahahahahahaha
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by phildon: 6:27am On Mar 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

Just because other governors supported the GGT doesn't mean Fashola supported it. The GGT is a jamboree. I don't need Maku to tell me if there is light in my house or if my street is tarred.
If Maku wants to do a GGT, he should start by telling us why Patience Jonathan was flown to Germany for treatment when her husband is president and there is provision for the ministry of health in the Nigerian budget. Charity should start from Aso-rock.
Gbam!
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by bankyblue(m): 7:24am On Mar 01, 2013
karl max: I agree with PDP on this one. Its so unfortunate that Fashola is trying to play politics with development. I don't see any reason why Fashola should be opposed to an exercise that seeks to review performance of govts at all levels and showcase what govt is doing with taxpayers money.
Maku's tour is the best thing that has happened to public information management in a long while. I can hardly think of any other programme that promotes accountability and deepens democracy more than this tour.

It is a peer review mechanism of sorts. The town hall meeting concept of it brings an interesting dimension for public engagement.
I understand that the so called 120 delegates are mainly journalists representing several media houses and civil society groups.
It is therefore unfair to describe a fact finding assessment tour by these calibre of people as a jamboree

My friend i totally disagree with u on this! This is total waste of taxe payers money on some few set of nigerians. We should feel what the governmment is doing and not somebody trying to make us see them. Those guys re just on a road trip veing fun. Fashola u re right jor
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Demdem(m): 7:39am On Mar 01, 2013
HNosegbe:

You didn't get his point.

now i understand. Was already dozing off when i made that comment. grin grin
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Demdem(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2013
Hardfact: I personally think the maku tour is not necessary. But did gov Fashola not agree to it along with the govs forum?

The report said Govs forum was in support however its obvious now that Fashola was obviously among the minority dissenting voice as regards the tour however since majority of the killer govs wanted it, they surely had their way. Fashola never agreed to this malady.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by nkemKalu: 8:41am On Mar 01, 2013
Lie-Baran Maku's Ministry of information complex does not have toilet facilities. He should go and fix it and inspect it first before embarking on a wasteful tour. Arrant nonsence.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by unforgiven: 8:49am On Mar 01, 2013
solomon111: This is bullshitt.
A lot of Nigerians are oblivious of what is going in other states where they are not resided.
If not for the tour,i wouldn't know about the power plants in different parts of the country.

did you check how much they are "wasting" in financing the tour?
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by deletrue: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

Thats the problem with people like you, you judge on what you hear while some of us who oppose the GGT judge by what we see. On the thread about Fashola not supporting the GGT, Fashola talked about Ibeshe road in Ikorodu and i've seen that road with my own eyes. Fashola also talked about a road at Oko-Oba(not really sure about the location) and a poster "romanlaw" said the road has been abandoned since last year.
We don't need Maku spending money to tell us what we can see with our own eyes.
Just imagine the degree of your senselessness. You calmed Maku should not spent money on what you know and see regularly. Does Maku live in lagos? Without the tour, how would Maku know these areas as to ascertain their present position. You people should be reasonable atleast for few minutes.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by dapotemi: 8:55am On Mar 01, 2013
The GGT is more like a white elephant project to me.They av been to several states nd yet,Maku declare all dos state as "working states".I cant believe dat somebody in his right senses would say dat Orji,Abia gov is working.Very pathetic!More pathetic is d fact dat som pple here r supportin it.Why do we need a 120 persons on dt tour,for wat nau.Evn if you go to Julius berger project site,we dont see up to 120 mercenaries working on a single project,but Maku needs 120 persons to inspect project done by perhaps less dan 50 persons.Very wasteful.Secondly,Fashola/Oshiomole did nt say dat GGT team cannot com to their respective states,they only admitted dat State funds will nt be used to fund dem.Fashola does nt evn av d right to stop anyone frm comin to lagos,he's only sayin state funds wil nt be use,so why d whole whining here on NL.For mi,if theres any project,am nt blind,i'll see it.i dont need Maku to come frm abuja to show mi projects in lagos where i reside.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by DVanguard: 9:52am On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=bankyblue][/quote]

it is obvious some people will always want to oppose FASHOLA. What do you expect PDP to say? that Fashola is right. Haba, meetings can be held and resolution are made on behalf of the simple majority. During the subsidy period, it was all over the news that all the 36 states gov endorsed it, until Osun state gov came out openly to condemn it. Challenging them that he was against it at the FEC meeting. But if majority of the Gov accepts it then it becomes a majority opinion. SINCE IT IS NOT BINDING NOR HAVE A LEGAL BACKING TO COMPEL GOV THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO RESENT. THEN WHO FINANCE IT? ARE YOU SAYING THE GOV SHOULD FINANCE THEM ALSO.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by autchkings: 10:09am On Mar 01, 2013
I am not interested in any party. Lets be frank FASHOLA is making much noise. What has he done that is making feel he is the best. Even the best performing governor is from APC / ACN.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by AZeD1(m): 11:04am On Mar 01, 2013
deletrue: Just imagine the degree of your senselessness. You calmed Maku should not spent money on what you know and see regularly. Does Maku live in lagos? Without the tour, how would Maku know these areas as to ascertain their present position. You people should be reasonable atleast for few minutes.
WTF does Maku have to do with lagos state projects?
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Essential(m): 2:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
osho baba nor buy beer 4 pdp muku and his gang.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Johnsinia(m): 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
Eko Ile:

why do you people say stuff like go to uyo, go kafanshan... who cares ? the only people they are obligated to are their subjects and the people that put them in office and their taxpayers. wtf do I care about what apabio is doing in his village? if he's doing anything beyond the 3 roads and.fly over bridge in one single location? if anything is there and you'd like us to see it, post picture and let us see and if not who cares.

we don't tell you to go anywhere, we show you facts and pictures to go with it. the only reason why you people can not show anythng is because there there is.nothing to show.

if I'm not satisfied with my governors performance, ill vote him out, I don't need some crooked and corrupt 419 scammers to show or tell me what I can see with my.own eyes.
u r a big ignoramus foooo...l u ve nt been to other part of Nigeria except lagos. But, i tell u d truth by d time u strt traveling, u wil see n knw dat other govt even though they generate littl both frm state n fed, are indeed are by far better dan lagos who had everythin. Infact, lagos shuld ve grown beyond ds level and as such they shud b ashame of demselves.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Hardfact: 4:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
Demdem:

The report said Govs forum was in support however its obvious now that Fashola was obviously among the minority dissenting voice as regards the tour however since majority of the killer govs wanted it, they surely had their way. Fashola never agreed to this malady.
If that was the case, if he came out immediately after the meeting and voiced out his mind there's nothing to it.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Demdem(m): 4:16pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hardfact: If that was the case, if he came out immediately after the meeting and voiced out his mind there's nothing to it.

And he can decide to keep mute and talk at his best time. It doesn't change anything. It's his decision. He is against it, period.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Hardfact: 4:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
D'Vanguard:

it is obvious some people will always want to oppose FASHOLA. What do you expect PDP to say? that Fashola is right. Haba, meetings can be held and resolution are made on behalf of the simple majority. During the subsidy period, it was all over the news that all the 36 states gov endorsed it, until Osun state gov came out openly to condemn it. Challenging them that he was against it at the FEC meeting. But if majority of the Gov accepts it then it becomes a majority opinion. SINCE IT IS NOT BINDING NOR HAVE A LEGAL BACKING TO COMPEL GOV THEY HAVE A RIGHT TO RESENT. THEN WHO FINANCE IT? ARE YOU SAYING THE GOV SHOULD FINANCE THEM ALSO.
Anyone who speaks out during and after such a meeting, even joins the masses in protesting, leaves a clear picture of where he stands.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Hardfact: 4:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
Demdem:

And he can decide to keep mute and talk at his best time. It doesn't change anything. It's his decision. He is against it, period.
Don't think that's a good idea.
Re: PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour by Demdem(m): 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hardfact: Don't think that's a good idea.

If evil boko has just lauched a bomb just hrs before or any of such, it will be inappropriate for him to start talking about things like this. Timing matters in all things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Give Reasons Why Sowore Should Be President / Northern Elders To Elite: Rescue Nigeria From Failed Leaders / APC Governors Visit Benue State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.