Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement (8113 Views)

PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Mar 01, 2013
[s]
kaeto: whenever you are frustrated and cornered you resort to senseless rants and abuses. There is a situation of character questioning about your paymaster, a man who has proved time and again that he's got no reputation nor intergrity, a liar and backstabber, a saintly farouq-like croock of the acn, and you are here doing your usual ''pay as you lick my as.s'' for fashola. It's only a matter of time, the other things he does with tinubu will be at the full glare of the public, bloody tout in suit...
[/s]

Fool, what has this rants of urs got to do with maku's show of stupidity which is the basis of this thread?
By the way, ffuck tinubu. Don't give a damn. cool
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Demdem(m): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

70 % of the things you put up there, you know? So do you need the GGT to come and tell you what you already know? Just admit the GGT is a jamboree and waste of scarce resources.

MINT
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by badesco(m): 11:59am On Mar 01, 2013
Demdem: Foolish concept from maku ministry, useless and wasteful tour. Above all, an extremely daft retardeen.
But Fashola 2100 days in office not useless but extravagance. we should learn tolerate each other as nobody has a monopoly of wisdom or knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Demdem(m): 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2013
badesco:
But Fashola 2100 days in office not useless but extravagance. we should learn tolerate each other as nobody has a monopoly of wisdom or knowledge.

By Nigerian standard, its manageable and not bad. He is one of the best. Come down here in abia or try delta to see what u talked about.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Vavavoom(m): 12:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
jt2010:

You need to know how to draw the line between Practical and hypothesis. [b]All claims that Fashola & other ACN Governors support the idea of the tour is base on the Communiqué issue by the NGF which has about 19 PDP governors, so taking a decision in such forum is base on vote in support and against, so if out of 36 members, 11 votes against and the remain 25 vote [/b]in support, the majority carry the day and the Communiqué will only reflex the outcome and not the deliberation, so expect any body can provide personal statement of each of those governors support the idea before now if not, they are on point.

I don't hold brief for anybody - PDP nor ACN.What I won't stand for is righteous posturing in public while dancing azonto with the ruling pdp outside public glare. If indeed there was a communique like you claim the oppostion who voted against anykind of tour should as a matter of urgency let the public know of their stand beofre now. Afterthought is not the hallmark of one who desires to lead.

When Jonathan and his pdp goons fired a warning that they were going to put a pms tax at the pump Fashola immediately fired back that no such thing will happen in Lagos. That is what the public needs to see and hear. Somebody voted and drowned your voice, issued a communique according to you and instead of slamming it down in public domain by discoursing the demerits of the program you went to sleep until execution time! Shouldn't ACN as opposition be informing prospective voter-citizens about the difference between federal and state projects? Why keep quiet after 6 months of an existing communique only to shout at execution? Something tells me ACN and co had hoped the project tour will not gather any positive breeze and will whittle. It all sounds like crying over spilt milk really, because if someone in government decides to bring to pass something unbudgetted for and cease to profiteer from it you don't wait 6 months to cry wolf. PDP-ACN, same people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by bizgen: 12:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
Fashola is just trying to be smart taking advantage of oshiomole's statement to get a wider appeal.he is just playing politics with this issue.the opposition are no better than the PDP.they all don't have ideaology just penchant to grab power.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Demdem(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
bizgen: Fashola is just trying to be smart taking advantage of oshiomole's statement to get a wider appeal.he is just playing politics with this issue.the opposition are no better than the PDP.they all don't have ideaology just penchant to grab power.

and is the desire to grab power away from the killer party not a good deed that should be supported by all sane minds? am sure u are impressed with their acheivements so far since 1999
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by taharqa: 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

70 % of the things you put up there, you know? So do you need the GGT to come and tell you what you already know? Just admit the GGT is a jamboree and waste of scarce resources.
Yea, I know. But I also want EVERY other person to also know -to be sure- of these projects (and I know: dat SCARES d helll out of u guys). Moreova, like I also said in dat comment, there are certainly oda tins happening that am not aware of as of yet and am sure I wud be almost as surprisd as with the revelatns in Edo State. And I also want 'Proof'! Hvn't you seen the VIDEOS of d many Power Plants/Projects scattered tru out d country that d Tour capturd, Or the Video of d brand new Ajaokuta-Warri Railway that has just bn completed? They are smwhere on dis forum, find them and watch them if you hvn't done so; and there are many oda such videos of oda projects (FG and States). You know one of d good tin bout dat, ehn? That's right: you guys can no longa LIE and get away wit it, cos sm of us wud be pulling up those videos more often hencefort. The talk of 'GEJ is not doing ANYTHING' that you guys hv bn indotinating us wit for the longes time, is now dead and buried. The LIARS hv bn found out and exposd in d marketsquare. Kabish!!!.... The tour wud go on wheda sm of u like it Or yes.. I even hear it wud go to Ondo b4 berthing in Lagos. Na true?? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by AZeD1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
taharqa: Yea, I know. But I also want EVERY other person to also know -to be sure- of these projects (and I know: dat SCARES d helll out of u guys). Moreova, like I also said in dat comment, there are certainly oda tins happening that am not aware of as of yet and am sure I wud be almost as surprisd as with the revelatns in Edo State. And I also want 'Proof'! Hvn't you seen the VIDEOS of d many Power Plants/Projects scattered tru out d country that d Tour capturd, Or the Video of d brand new Ajaokuta-Warri Railway that has just bn completed? They are smwhere on dis forum, find them and watch them if you hvn't done so; and there are many oda such videos of oda projects (FG and States). You know one of d good tin bout dat, ehn? That's right: you guys can no longa LIE and get away wit it, cos sm of us wud be pulling up those videos more often hencefort. The talk of 'GEJ is not doing ANYTHING' that you guys hv bn indotinating us wit for the longes time, is now dead and buried. The LIARS hv bn found out and exposd in d marketsquare. Kabish!!!.... The tour wud go on wheda sm of u like it Or yes.. I even hear it wud go to Ondo b4 berthing in Lagos. Na true?? grin grin grin
I don't care how many roads they are building or railway tracks they are laying, all i care is my street is tarred or not, if the bulb in my light comes on or not and i'm pretty sure iya Basira, mama Chukwudi, baba Saliu, papa Emeka don't also care.
I don't want to feel governments in newspapers or tv screens, i want to see with my own eyes and i want it to affect my life. Every other thing is propaganda and a waste of money.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Elueme: 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
Demdem:

Fool what issue? I dont discuss foolishness. If u insist u want my opinion on this same issue then go to my previous posts afterall this isn't the first thread on this issue on NL.
I see no hypocrisy here, instead what I see is ur inability to properly discern what transpired. From experience, shedding light for u is a waste of time.
Again I state that the tour is a wasteful and useless venture.
I insist there is hypocrisy. Infact at the highest level with Fashola. Oshiomohle's position may be partially understood though still not justifiable but fashola's stance is quite regrettable for obvious reasons. You can chose to huge a transformer if you can bear the fact that the propaganda of your benefactors are gradually coming to the fore.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Demdem(m): 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
Elueme: I insist there is hypocrisy. Infact at the highest level with Fashola. Oshiomohle's position may be partially understood though still not justifiable but fashola's stance is quite regrettable for obvious reasons. You can chose to huge a transformer if you can bear the fact that the propaganda of your benefactors are gradually coming to the fore.

a man came out and expressed his opinion after been silenced by the majority in their pdp gov's forum and u call that hypocrisy. well, thats ur opinion which to me is skrewed.
To hell with ur benefactors
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Elueme: 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

Oga lets, discuss issues
1)Do i need Maku to tell me if there is light in my house?
2)Do i need Maku to tell me if my street road is tarred?
3)Do i need Maku to tell me the security situation in my area?
4)Do i need Maku to tell me if the hospital in my area is good?
5)Do i need Maku to tell me the state of public schools and facilities in my Area?
6)Do i need Maku to tell me how much i buy fuel?

If your answers are No then please tell me w.t.f is the purpose of the GGT? I'd rather support a leader who backs out from a bad deal than one who supports it.
You got no point so am not gonna be surprised at this daft post. Commenting further means I will be honoring you with a reply. I have got something important doing but kindly follow the NGGTour, maybe it could cure your mind of hate

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by kross01(m): 12:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
Demdem:

and is the desire to grab power away from the killer party not a good deed that should be supported by all sane minds? am sure u are impressed with their acheivements so far since 1999
Going by ur theory, one should accept a wolf in sheep's clothing after all it used to be a wolf & not anymore right? I'ld rather keep enduring with the devils that have already unmasked themselves in the pdp than gamble with some power hungry 'angels' that have been running from party to party just to gain that power, cos their own betrayal wld be worse felt.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by najoke: 12:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
take dat: Jerry Gana embarked on something similar to this arrangement, but nothing fruitful came out of it. Frank Nweke Jnr. also did the same with no result! As long as we cannot say the tour is a balanced and qualitative "INDEPENDENT" assessment, so shall Maku's NGGT also come and go! Even if we accept that LASG and ACN governors initially welcomed the arrangement, but if it was later discovered to be a well coordinated campaign tool for the ruling party to promote the interest of their foot soldiers(PDP governors), we shouldn't blame the opposition governors for reneging on an agreement that is not legally binding on them!

^
well said, dont worry, time will tell......fingers crossed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Demdem(m): 12:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
kross_01:
Going by ur theory, one should accept a wolf in sheep's clothing after all it used to be a wolf & not anymore right? I'ld rather keep enduring with the devils that have already unmasked themselves in the pdp than gamble with some power hungry 'angels' that have been running from party to party just to gain that power, cos their own betrayal wld be worse felt.

These men are sincere and not wolf in sheeps clothings. U can't continue to do the same thing and expect a different result. Current state isn't palatible. Change is one of the few constant things in life. Embrace it and don't let ur bigotry and baseless hatred eat u up.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by takedat(m): 12:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
Demdem:

a man came out and expressed his opinion after been silenced by the majority in their pdp gov's forum and u call that hypocrisy. well, thats ur opinion which to me is skrewed.
To hell with ur benefactors
Why are you disturbing yourself? We both know that the NGGT is a scam. C/Rivers state government was "allegedly" accused of spending N18million on the GGT when they came visiting.
crossriverwatch.com/2013/02/cross-river-spends-n18m-on-good-governance-tour-as-natives-embarrass-delegation/

Let others keep applauding Maku's bundle of deceit. The GGT is a teleguided scam, only an independent and non partisan body can truly access the performance of government!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by thelastPope(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2013
take dat: Why are you disturbing yourself? We both know that the NGGT is a scam. C/Rivers state government was "allegedly" accused of spending N18million on the GGT when they came visiting.
crossriverwatch.com/2013/02/cross-river-spends-n18m-on-good-governance-tour-as-natives-embarrass-delegation/

Let others keep applauding Maku's bundle of deceit. The GGT is a teleguided scam, only an independent and non partisan body can truly access the performance of government!

What you keep missing is that "natives embarrasing the delegation" is part of the achievement of the tour! The point of the tour is not just to show what the FG has done or is doing. It is also a platform to challenge the FG where applicable and shame them if necessary! That is what the town hall meeting is about and am glad, there have already been some incidences like that. It is up to the press to bring those incidence to the fore.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by AZeD1(m): 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Elueme: You got no point so am not gonna be surprised at this daft post. Commenting further means I will be honoring you with a reply. I have got something important doing but kindly follow the NGGTour, maybe it could cure your mind of hate
You can't comment because you know the GGT is a waste of public funds.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by kingingkinging: 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
It is painful that we still have people who believe the unrepentant deception of PDP. I used to see the opposition as the bad one until I discovered recently after GEJ broke my heart too that the opposition parties, more often than not, are always correct.

Historically, let us go memory lane:

1. OBJ in 2003 told AD to have a pact and run election on same day for presidency and gov, PDP used that, among other things, to swwep all SW states except Lagos (Tinubu) who did not agreev with PDP.

2. Mrs Jonathan said she went abroad to rest when she came only to do thanksgiving and start saying she did many surgeries and was dead for a week ( another lie);
3. GEJ promised one term in all his campaigns and has already started giving a double mouths now;

4. Going to see the level of work is good on the projects but not a wanton way of wasting our resources, Benin-Ore road is still bad, Ikene-Benue road enroute Abuja is still non-motorable, East-West road is still very bad, power is still eccentric and eppileptic, joblessness is till high, level of education is still poor, what good governance is that? Aninhe, Ogbu;lafor, Oyinlola, Akala, GEJ, Doyin Okupe, etc have different corruption charges to answer ( GEJ has removed himself), so what is good governance.

As if that is not enough, you are bringing about 120 people and expect a state that is working on Lekki Deep Sea port, light rail, Ikorodu road, Free Trade Zone, Eko Atlantic, etc to host you and spend hard-earned tax payers money for this frivolities you want to do. 3rd Mainland bridge that FG did has no street light, the railings are bad, MMA is collapsing after just 3 months, Oshodi -Appapa is bad ( Fashola has written them on this) , no street light there, etc . I support them on reneging on this foolish agreement.

We should bury our heads in shame in Nigeria, FG is a bunch of disappointments.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by kross01(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2013
Demdem:

These men are sincere and not wolf in sheeps clothings. U can't continue to do the same thing and expect a different result. Current state isn't palatible. Change is one of the few constant things in life. Embrace it and don't let ur bigotry and baseless hatred eat u up.
Thanx but no thanx. change is constant & should be embraced by all but next time my dear try adding 'positive change' to that cos you cant pour same wine in a new bottle & expect a change in taste. Till apc presents their candidates, i'ld restrain from further discussions on this with you lest u brand me a hater & bigot for daring to engage you.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by jt2010: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope:

What you keep missing is that "natives embarrasing the delegation" is part of the achievement of the tour! The point of the tour is not just to show what the FG has done or is doing. It is also a platform to challenge the FG where applicable and shame them if necessary! That is what the town hall meeting is about and am glad, there have already been some incidences like that. It is up to the press to bring those incidence to the fore.

So that your security operative can beat them up abi while the state governor that can match them and even come out to speak again it are called unprinted names or even blackmail to be aspirating to be President come 2015.....
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Demdem(m): 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
kross_01:
Thanx but no thanx. change is constant & should be embraced by all but next time my dear try adding 'positive change' to that cos you cant pour same wine in a new bottle & expect a change in taste. Till apc presents their candidates, i'ld restrain from further discussions on this with you lest u brand me a hater & bigot for daring to engage you.

The truth is u labelled men in that picture that includes Oshiomole, fashola, aregbe etc wolves in sheeps clothings. Is there any basis for that? All what these ones are giving their states are positive changes, why do u think such also won't be done nationally? None of them are saints and of cos Nigerians aren't looking for saints however they are far better than what we have tasted before. Get ur facts right before throwing stones.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by takedat(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope:

I am not missing anything! My anger towards the NGGT arrangement, is because, apart from the fact that FG had earlier earmarked huge sums of money for the tour, the spendthrift governors who want to display their mediocrity are wasting public funds in welcoming the team in Owambe-style! How do you justify the N18million, the government of C/Rivers was alleged to have spent? The town hall meetings which should be a citizen-government fora is not anew thing, most state government have bought into such even before the NGGT came on board, and knowing that our governors behave like Lords and Maku does not have the powers to chastise them for non-performance, it has defeated its purpose. What I would have expected from Maku as the information minister, was to go round the 36states and plead with the governors and houses of assembly to comply with the provisions of FOI Act so that media, NGO's, civil society faith based groups and ordinary citizens can independently access basic information! As far as I am concerned, it is a Teleguided tour, Maku himself has no say on which project is he to inspect or not!!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by gerald09(m): 1:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
The problem here is not who agreed or who didn't agree after all the govt agreed to protect it people and dat aint happening. The closing of the market was quite a arch 1 but honestly if its brings in billions how many has it taking, the pollution there has caused ill health to children, the environment, with d whole toxic waste being poured in the sewage I can imagine the amount of mortality rate in dat area. So fashola either had to wait for more deaths or ill health or force dem to clean up. The good government tour was suppose to be a grrt idea, so was NYSC and others but corruption always wins, so fashola and edo governor had to force dere hands. The both governors have absolutely nuffin to hide in their project Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ see it physically, not a spiritual tin like the power Minister said. They are ways the Federal Govt can show us what its been goin by us the citizens feeling and experiencing these change not spending money on hotel room, expensive outings and women. (Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ all know dats what is happening)

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by thelastPope(m): 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
take dat: I am not missing anything! My anger towards the NGGT arrangement, is because, apart from the fact that FG had earlier earmarked huge sums of money for the tour, the spendthrift governors who wants to display their mediocrity are wasting public funds in welcoming the team in Owambe-style! How do you justify the N18million the government of C/Rivers was alleged to have spent? The town hall meetings which should be a citizen-government fora is not anew thing, most state government have bought into such even before the NGGT came on board, and knowing that our governors behave like Lords and Maku does not have the powers to chastise them for non-performance, it has defeated its purpose. What I would have expected from Maku as the information minister, was to go round the 36states and plead with the governors and houses of assembly to comply with the provisions of FOI Act so that media, NGO's, civil society faith based groups and ordinary citizens can independently access basic information!

Again, I beg to disagree. The onus is on us the citizens to take advantage of these platforms to cause changes. We cannot continue to play the "there is nothing we poor citizens can do about it" card while we keep lamenting on public fora. The Tunisia uprising and, ultimately, arab spring was triggered by a young man lighting himself up. The town hall meetings presents an opportunity for us to "light ourselves up". We either stand up for posterity or chicken out and forever hold our peace. Except, of course, good governance and development is not the price we seek. Maybe we just want to take power for power's sake or for regional interests sake. We do not need a Maku to beg states to allow FOI. That is a new one surely. We cried for years that the FOI be passed. Now we are asking someone to go around begging for us to use it? When are "we" ever going to be responsible? When are "we the people" ever going to play our role starting from the grass root? Maku has created a platform. If we can't utilise it to advance our collective aspirations, we are the biggest loosers for it!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by addey(m): 1:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope: The character of a man will always come to the fore no matter how much he pretends to be something else.

Fashola agreed to fuel subsidy removal and turned around and betrayed the agreement

Fashola used okada during his governorship campaign and turned on them after he became governor

Fashola had an agreement with doctors before the election and reneged after the election and went ahead and fired all 788 of them when they protested

Now again, Fashola agrees to good governance tour then turns around and betrays it again. Tells a lot about the man's character.

What did GEJ has to show that necessitate the so call tour.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by addey(m): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2013
salt 1:

Thaaaaaank you!
Instead of accusing and criticizing, show us concrete evidence of how Borno, Yobe, Nassarawa, OSun etc are better governed and better developed.
I am non-partisan: I voted Fasola and GEJ.
Those parading as our Messiahs should bring their credentials to the public domain and let's assess them. Each state govt receives allocations and while Amaechi, Chime and Akpabio are transforming their states, others are busy struggling to call others thieves and criminals.

You guys are bunch of fools

Can you tell me what Amaechi and Chime has been able to do in there states or Emene and Abakpa not part of Enugu
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by thelastPope(m): 2:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
addey:

What did GEJ has to show that necessitate the so call tour.

The answer to your question is in the tour. Watch it and you will get your answer.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by takedat(m): 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope:

Again, I beg to disagree. The onus is on us the citizens to take advantage of these platforms to cause changes. We cannot continue to play the "there is nothing we poor citizens can do about it" card while we keep lamenting on public fora. The Tunisia uprising and, ultimately, arab spring was triggered by a young man lighting himself up. The town hall meetings presents an opportunity for us to "light ourselves up". We either stand up for posterity or chicken out and forever hold our peace. Except, of course, good governance and development is not the price we seek. Maybe we just want to take power for power's sake or for regional interests sake. We do not need a Maku to beg states to allow FOI. That is a new one surely. We cried for years that the FOI be passed. Now we are asking someone to go around begging for us to use it? When are "we" ever going to be responsible? When are "we the people" ever going to play our role starting from the grass root? Maku has created a platform. If we can't utilise it to advance our collective aspirations, we are the biggest loosers for it!
I have told you several times not to bring up this useless tale of one man setting himself ablaze in tunisia or wherever! It is only when you want to manoeuvre out of a difficult situation, that you bring up that silly excuse! Asking Nigerians to stand up for posterity sake shouldn't have come from you, since you are a stockholm syndrome defender of the status quo! Apart from Lagos and Ekiti states, how many states have adopted the FOI Act since it was signed into law, or you do not know that state assemblies need to adopt it? Even at the federal level, how well have Nigerians been able to access it? That was why I said Maku should take it upon himself to go round the states to solicit for its compliance. That is the best way to promote good governance than any jamboree or tour! We have tested this approach through Jerry Gana and Nweke Jnr's, so it isn't a new approach as you guys are trying to paint it. The same complaints of not meeting the yearnings and needs of the people, and accusations of deviating from the original objectives while depending on the size of envelopes, state governors greased their hands with, defeated the purpose!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by slimfit1(m): 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2013
Vavavoom: APC or ACN can do an alternative good governance tour to highlight how much better their programs are instead of giving the public an impression of lack of foresight. Their decision to pull out is looking more of about hindsight drawn from the positive reception the ruling pdp is ganering from projects delivered through the GGT. ACN and co should have seen this coming before being sucker punched. This is the same issue I have with ACN and other opposition parties in the country. DOn't dine with the devil even with a long spoon...we've seen it in the sharing of the ECA, and other monies accruing to the federation. These parties in both houses join the much maligned pdp and then later through public proxies shout to high heavens about squandering...it doesn't make them different in the public sphere. Food for thought.

Sorry ignore that wrong person I touched the wrong post.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by thelastPope(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2013
take dat: I have told you several times not to bring up this useless tale of one man setting himself ablaze in tunisia or wherever! It is only when you want to manoeuvre out of a difficult situation, that you bring up that silly excuse! Asking Nigerians to stand up for posterity sake shouldn't have come from you, since you are a stockholm syndrome defender of the status quo! Apart from Lagos and Ekiti states, how many states have adopted the FOI Act since it was signed into law, or you do not know that state assemblies need to adopt it? Even at the federal level, how well have Nigerians been able to access it? That was why I said Maku should take it upon himself to go round the states to solicit for its compliance. That is the best way to promote good governance than any jamboree or tour! We have tested this approach through Jerry Gana and Nweke Jnr's, so it isn't a new approach as you guys are trying to paint it. The same complaints of not meeting the yearnings and needs of the people, and accusations of deviating from the original objectives while depending on the size of envelopes, state governors greased their hands with, defeated the purpose!

I thought I was having an intelligent and healthy debate with you but you just took us to the beer parlour! That's not my arena! I am a gladiator! Sorry! LOL!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Retreat As Angry Biafra Protesters Barricade Onitsha Headbridge(Pictur) / Anyim Pius Anyim Wants PDP Presidential Ticket Zoned To South-East / Tinubu Commiserates With Morocco Over Earthquake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.