Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,788 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:21 AM

Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP (30716 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari / Some Names That Rattles PDP Both Online And Offline. Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Afam4eva(m): 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Stop saying the same thing over and over again in different ways that are all united in redundancy. Every politician bring something. The APC would not be a Party with a winning mentality if it simplistically discriminates based on the past Party affiliation of potential new members.

Every candidate should pragmatically be inspected on an individual basis and managed well within the overall mission target of the APC. The APC should remain amenable to leveraging on any Political strength offered. Otherwise it has no business attempting to depose a Party that has cornered every aspect of Nigerian institutional ethos to remain in power. If people like you have your way, with you unambitious and unfeasibly populist talk, then Nigeria will keep producing Utomi and Gani Fawehinmi 'saintly' figures as challengers to the PDP. For obvious reasons, those sort, unless backed by a pragmatic political machine, will fail against the PDP in 100 attempts over 400 years.
Are these parties challenging the PDP just for the heck of it. I mean, do they really have something to offer or is it just that they want to be the new sheriffs in town? If they want to be an alternative to what we have currently then they have to look the part and not open their doors to anyone whose history is questionable. It's a shame that when a party is asked for their ideology, their answer will be "Our ideology is to take over from PDP". Tufiakwa.

4 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by skyfall: 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
IBB's disenchantment with PDP is a big minus for the party which is of course a plus for the opposition. I guess you guys' (Jonathan's cheerleaders) sentiments did not allow you to infer this simple logic. No where in that interview was APC mentioned. And even in previous news stories, IBB did not endorse APC as a party. He only said that he liked the idea of having 2 strong parties.

He hasn't publicly shown interest in joining the APC, and even if he does, APC's willingness to admit him is another story entirely. Personally, due to his past contribution to the decimation of this country, I see him as a stain on a party like APC which has the intention of winning the people's hearts.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by dayokanu(m): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: I am surprise that IBB is very popular amongst the underdogs, This is a Military Dictator who annulled June 12, killed MKO Abiola, and set this country backwards. This IBB should have been shamefully sacked from PDP and publicly executed if not for respect we have on past Presidents. In his very careful and maradonic move, he uttered an inconclusive statement and the APC (should I say Chloroquin) parasites are scrambling for wants of words. Is IBB relevant in today's Nigeria ? The answer is No, IBB is the reason we are in darkness. It takes a GEJ to refocus our steps.

Didnt your boss retardeen call IBB his father?

“Babangida is like a father to me, even in my days as a deputy governor and later as governor of Bayelsa State, I used to consult him. So when it came to the option that I might contest with him, I was very weak, but God knows why and God interpreted it and we never contested the primary,” Jonathan said.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are these parties challenging the PDP just for the heck of it. I mean, do they really have something to offer or is it just that they want to be the new sheriffs in town? If they want to be an alternative to what we have currently then they have to look the part and not open their doors to anyone whose history is questionable. It's a shame that when a party is asked for their ideology, their answer will be "Our ideology is to take over from PDP". Tufiakwa.

It is either you support the APC or you don't. all these self-important and attention-seeking antics many of you are displaying is not commensurate with the decisiveness and humility our Nation needs from us all. For example, how are you and others going to know what the APC have to "offer" till you let them enunciate it and you then judge based on that? Why take the lazy road of making assumptions, and then speaking based on that, when you don't want to be an active and supportive participant? Nothing stops you waiting to find out what the APC will offer before damning or supporting them.

You accuse them of opening their door to anyone. They are the opposition for crying out loud and not a typical opposition for that matter. This is an opposition to a ruling Party that has ridiculously bastardized the basic ethos of nationhood to produce a model that simply puts all institutions and virtually the nations entire wealth at the disposal of the ruling Party. We all know what the subsidy scandal contributed to GEJ's 2011 'win'. What would it ultimately matter if the likes of IBB contributed some strength, which may perhaps make the difference, if the Utomis, Ribadus, Fasholas and Oshiomholes will man the most pivotal offices?

I have read where you claim you will support the APC because you believe they are the better option. Well, I can only urge you to contact a non-Nigerian friend to see what obtains elsewhere and how others act when they have decided to support a political Party as the "best option". If you believe in a political Party , as the best option, you must support it because reasonable folks assume you have weighed up the pros and cons to make up your mind. There is no allowance, for prevarications that, to me, reveals a desire to be populist and not 'lose' anyone on any side. Imagine if the APC was exclusively supported by 'unsure', hesitant and self-undermining folks like you? Can the Party win? Better folks like you just pitch your tent with the PDP because you don't seem to appreciate the implied contract that comes with making a very important political choice.

3 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by takedat(m): 4:45pm On Mar 02, 2013
This coming from Tribune, I'll take it with a pinch of salt! I have not read elsewhere, where it was reported that he is throwing his weight behind the new party, but that he welcomes a two-party arrangement. IBB still remains a behemoth of some sort and a force to reckon with in our political landscape, but I do not believe the major movers of the new party will want an IBB to be publicly associated with the party, knowing fully well, that he has an integrity deficit, and one cannot understand his body language and inner scheming.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
skyfall: IBB's disenchantment with PDP is a big minus for the party which is of course a plus for the opposition. I guess you guys' (Jonathan's cheerleaders) sentiments did not allow you to infer this simple logic. No where in that interview was APC mentioned. And even in previous news stories, IBB did not endorse APC as a party. He only said that he liked the idea of having 2 strong parties.

He hasn't publicly shown interest in joining the APC, and even if he does, APC's willingness to admit him is another story entirely. Personally, due to his past contribution to the decimation of this country, I see him as a stain on a party like APC which has the intention of winning the people's hearts.

Indeed. Well-said. I think IBB himself knows the game is over as far as any personal political ambition. Nonetheless, he may form part of the ideological core of the PDP determined to ensure GEJ does not get his way reneging on his pledge to Northern PDP elements - especially as it is common knowledge the APC will field a Northern Presidential candidate. He will not openly join the APC in my opinion but may be one of those who will work to undermine GEJ. Either way, and as much as GEJ "cheerleaders" want to console themselves, this is another prominent and arguably influential Nigerian who may be another 2015 enemy GEJ does not need. It would be foolish for the APC to reject IBB's offer of assistance if it comes. I don't personally wish the APC to make the mistake the Fawehinmi, Soyinka et al made. I.e going around in 'Ivory tower' rigidity that blinds one to the reality of Nigeria to ensure the very bad guys always win to the detriment of what the Ganis want to see.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
as usual, these eternally wicked politicians and greedy murders will continue to entertain the minds of gullible Nigerians (99.9%). come what may, a change in the political landscape will not change anything for Nigeria unless we begin to slowly weed out the present crop or generation of politicians - lazy, young, illiterate and corrupt bas$3tards. is the composition of APC not as equally (bloodily) corrupt as PDP? We all (responsible youths only) must begin to engage ourselves in active politics.. we must become politically aware.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2013
take dat: This coming from Tribune, I'll take it with a pinch of salt! I have not read elsewhere where it was reported that he is throwing his weight behind the new party, but that he welcomes a two-party arrangement. IBB still remains a behemoth of some sort and a force to reckon with in our political landscape, but I do not believe the major movers of the new party will want an IBB to be publicly associated with the party, knowing fully well, that he has an integrity deficit, and one cannot understand his body language and inner scheming.

Both sides, in my opinion, would not want an open and formal association. Nonetheless, politics remain about permanent interests. IBB may work with the APC and this would not be obvious. For example, can anyone really tell decisively who Gusau (former NSA) worked with during the last election? Is Gusau in any political office today?

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 5:06pm On Mar 02, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt: as usual, these eternally wicked politicians and greedy murders will continue to entertain the minds of gullible Nigerians (99.9%). come what may, a change in the political landscape will not change anything for Nigeria unless we begin to slowly weed out the present crop or generation of politicians - lazy, young, illiterate and corrupt bas$3tards. is the composition of APC not as equally (bloodily) corrupt as PDP? We all (responsible youths only) must begin to engage ourselves in active politics.. we must become politically aware.

You really must move beyond stating this much-abused and ultimately hollow cliche over and over again - given the youth apathy and political indifference that is the sad reality on the ground in Nigeria. What political body/organisation , attempting to harness the strength of the youths you so much believe in, have you personally created to match the Che Guevera + Patrice Lumumba passion with which you speak here? Guevera, Lumumba, Sankara et al did not just talk you know.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by goodgood2(m): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2013
He can support whoever, whatever, wherever he likes. I don't give a damn.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Maxymilliano(m): 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
People are really missing the point here, IBB is an apostle of two party system, hence the endorsement of viable opposition parties, as against regional and mushroom structure that currently adorned the landscape.

The endorsement has nothing to do with whatever is happening in PDP, IBB is a Stateman and his endorsement of APC as a viable opposition to PDP shouldn't be construed as what some folks wished it to be...

In another news...

Former Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd), has endorsed the emergence of All Progressives Congress (APC), saying it is a good political development for the country.

He also said the merger of political parties into one formidable force has vindicated the policy of two party system his administration introduced in 1992.

Speaking with Journalists on Thursday at his Uphill residence in Minna, Niger State, Babangida recalled that he was criticised and vilified when he introduced Social DemocraticParty (SDP) and National Republican Party (NRC) but expressed happiness at the coming together of four of the opposition parties to form APC.

The former military leader noted that the development may return the country back to two party system, adding that the emergence of APC was not only good development but a viable platform to provide credible opposition and choice for others.

Babangida, who is a card carrying member ofthe ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said, ”I was a very good advocate of two parties system. When I said two party system,you people said I am a soldier, now you have seen reason why I went for two party system. I am happy for the emergence of APC, it is a welcome political development.”

... In my opinion, emergence of APC is a welcome development and should be applauded irrespective of the the people behind the formation...

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 6:11pm On Mar 02, 2013
Maxymilliano: People are really missing the point here, IBB is an apostle of two party system, hence the endorsement of viable opposition parties, as against regional and mushroom structure that currently adorned the landscape.

The endorsement has nothing to do with whatever is happening in PDP, IBB is a Stateman and his endorsement of APC as a viable opposition to PDP shouldn't be construed as what some folks wished it to be...

In another news...

Former Military President, General Ibrahim Babangida (rtd), has endorsed the emergence of All Progressives Congress (APC), saying it is a good political development for the country.

He also said the merger of political parties into one formidable force has vindicated the policy of two party system his administration introduced in 1992.

Speaking with Journalists on Thursday at his Uphill residence in Minna, Niger State, Babangida recalled that he was criticised and vilified when he introduced Social DemocraticParty (SDP) and National Republican Party (NRC) but expressed happiness at the coming together of four of the opposition parties to form APC.

The former military leader noted that the development may return the country back to two party system, adding that the emergence of APC was not only good development but a viable platform to provide credible opposition and choice for others.

Babangida, who is a card carrying member ofthe ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said, ”I was a very good advocate of two parties system. When I said two party system,you people said I am a soldier, now you have seen reason why I went for two party system. I am happy for the emergence of APC, it is a welcome political development.”

... In my opinion, emergence of APC is a welcome development and should be applauded irrespective of the the people behind the formation...

Look, for once stop the suggestive manipulation of opinion when there is no room to allow for it. Everyone does it here but best to keep it to what can be supported directly by submitted articles. Clearly, the article makes it clear IBB seemed ambivalent associating himself with the PDP at a time he speaks favorably about the APC merger. No point flippantly saying this is exclusively about IBB's long held view that the two-Party system is best and desirable.

It was reported that when asked whether the development would not pose a problem for his party (PDP), Babangida retorted: “PDP or my party? Which one is my party? PDP was my party,” and was said to have declined further comment on the statement.
However, it was gathered that the leadership of the PDP was concerned that such a statement could come from a respected elder of the party.
His comments, it was gathered, are being viewed as a confirmation of earlier speculations that Babangida was one the brains behind the formation of APC since he had failed to get the PDP’s nod over his presidential ambition which dates back to 2003.
“We are worried as a party if IBB actually made those comments on the emergence of APC. I think the national secretariat of our party needs to get in touch with the Niger State chapter to confirm his membership status so as to know what to do with him. The constitution of the party is very clear. To me, this is anti-party,” a PDP chieftain told Saturday Tribune in confidence, in Abuja, on Friday.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 02, 2013
miiraaj:

...And the "criminal like IBB" is an ELDER of PDP!

Akuya!

PDP never claimed to be the cleanest party in the world. It's your hypocrisy we're worried about.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

You really must move beyond stating this much-abused and ultimately hollow cliche over and over again - given the youth apathy and political indifference that is the sad reality on the ground in Nigeria. What political body/organisation , attempting to harness the strength of the youths you so much believe in, have you personally created to match the Che Guevera + Patrice Lumumba passion with which you speak here? Guevera, Lumumba, Sankara et al did not just talk you know.

Quite frankly, you have much weight and experience in the Politics section.. while i have not, I have engaged youths in voting in my LGA during the last ETI-OSA LGA elections which sadly you know how that ended in favor of ACN (check my posts). Have you looked at the content and character (and performance) of the LGA Chairmen and Councillors over the last 12 years.. surely a Che is not what is needed (hoe u got to that point is a mystery to me). POLITICAL AWARENESS is. are you a card-carrying member of ACN? what Ward, I have friends in ACN and the relationship is beyond party politics. so give me a buzz let us collaborate
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 7:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Quite frankly, you have much weight and experience in the Politics section.. while i have not, I have engaged youths in voting in my LGA during the last ETI-OSA LGA elections which sadly you know how that ended in favor of ACN (check my posts). Have you looked at the content and character (and performance) of the LGA Chairmen and Councillors over the last 12 years.. surely a Che is not what is needed (hoe u got to that point is a mystery to me). POLITICAL AWARENESS is. are you a card-carrying member of ACN? what Ward, I have friends in ACN and the relationship is beyond party politics. so give me a buzz let us collaborate

Look, don't take my utterances as criticism. I just dislike insincere utterance, for the sake of populism, that is starkly at odds with reality. The way I see it is that Nigerians are apathetic cowards. They will bash in the brains of commoners yet lie down supine in prostration and obeisance before the political thieves who have turned them into glorified beggars.

The youth especially are too divided, too shallow, too devoid of ideas, too distracted and too worthless at solutions provision to even be a shadow of the youths of other Nations. An inspired youth class get Nations out of trouble with their innovative endeavors everywhere.

That is not Nigeria and a realistic person will agree the best option remains to support those who can make a difference, like Fashola and Ribadu et al, till evolution lends a hand to aid us getting where we need to go. Which youth do you think will join you to hound their "own" all in the spirit of "let us get rid of these old thieving bastards" ? Don't you read comments here to note the same youths you have misguided hope in praising the 'recycling' of Anenih?

Why not try right now convening SS youths to support your group touting a talented Yoruba individual to depose GEJ? See if they will volunteer for such an "embrace merit" ideal once their own is the "victim". Who are those who dislike Fashola here the most? Are they not youths? Why don't you begin trying to get them support Fashola to replace GEJ considering all neutral folks and non-Nigerians don't even think Fashola and GEJ should be mentioned in the same sentence as far as administrative talent is concerned? These same youth will argue Fashola is the devil and GEJ is "the best President ever". I think you know the truth behind that flight of fantasy. Are they the same youth you want to partner with? March with a few youths and they will be the ones to plunge the knife in your back when they have been paid off. You should face the fact that your nation has serious problems revolving around a very morally compromised people. Non more indicative of this than "youths" . Solutions need to be pragmatic and realistic.

Had it been Nigerian youths were impressive, moderately principled and politically sophisticated then I would be more than happy to join you risking life and limb for change. I don't need to remind you of how the subsidy protest was turned into a "Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani plot against GEJ"? In virtually all nations on earth national unity, political maturity and oneness of purpose would make everyone see that it is plain wrong to support a very corrupt President who decided to punish poverty-addled Nigerians instead of tackle scammers and the sort of unacceptable theft he swore to protect Nigerians against.

Bottom line is that we have different beliefs. Your radical pontifications will never work and sound populist to me in face of what is on the ground. I think Nigerian youths were even more passionate and united in the days of Gani than today. You do your thing and I will do mine which revolves around senstitizing Nigerians to vote for the lesser devil instead of shouting unrealistically about a Jerry Rawlings 'cull' and suggesting 'saints' who cannot even deliver their streets. I just hope you can sometimes talk as if you recognize the reality on the ground. No one, anywhere, can deliver solutions until they understand the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
Too simplistic and a very narrow view!
U r just begging the issue I raised and u vnt addressed it.
I don't have any issues with the criminals teaming up but I ve issues with we the citizens not been able to reason and ur response is exactly what I am talking about.
So we are boxed in a corner right? We can't do anything about it than just to make do with some of the criminals turned saint just because they are nw sailing in d new boat right?
I beg to differ from such line of thought sir.
U are free to sail along but I have made up my mind to damn them all, I might be in the minority which obviously I am but I refused to be on a roller coaster like the majority who has no memory of the past even when it stairs at them yet they prefer to delude themselves.
Sir, u don't keep doing the same thing and expect dfrnt results.
Think, think and think- don't we have other options as citizens to do away with all these criminals that have been exploiting us for years irrespective of the party or association they belong to?
If u say there is no choice than to keep reshuffling these known criminals in dfrnt political parties like packs of cards then we as citizens shouldn't complain anymore if the outcome goes against our expectations.
U are entitled to ur convictions and that is the essence of our existance but I am not in a hurry to forget the past more expecially when the signs of the past keeps manifesting in the present then a rational being should be able to draw an inference and be able to predict with a great deal of accuracy of what to expect in the future.
Logic should apply here and not grammer just for ego sake.
The biggest truth is the one u tell urself sir. I know I am in the minority and these are my candid views and I don't need to row with ur views cos its same reasoning that got us to this present predicament we find ourselves as citizens and as a nation and I aint gonna toe that same line of reasoning again.
Thanks for ur time. Cheers

Gbawe:

Simplistic. Why do you think any PDP politician joining the APC will be anything more than just a pragmatic political acquisition for overall strength? Do you people assume we will simply have a pseudo-PDP government when the likes of Tinubu, Buhari and many other important leaders of the merger have, for many years, risked life and limb to resist the PDP? We should all learn to take our examples from what is logically obvious instead of talking as if sentiments has ruined our ability to reason..

The top CEOs in the world keep moving around because some recognise that it is beneficial to retain their expertise and specialist knowledge. Yet, it is the unique needs and aims of the companies that CEOs, wherever they are coming from, must adapt to and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yesterday they were ACN attackdogs, today they are APC attack dogs, tomorrow they might become PHENSIC Attack Dogs. Steer clear of regional warriors who change names at will for their selfish aim. I cant believe IBB, the man who annulled June 12 is now a hero to these AC/ACN/APC/PHENSIC-TO-BECOME attack dogs.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 7:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

Yes I am and I don't deny it. I don't believe in hanging around in the middle in life or standing for nothing. Of course this is the wrong forum to be admitting political affiliation because every comment you make is then judged from this perspective but I personally don't care because cowardly conduct is not justifiable to me.

What is worse, in my opinion, is for a Nation so badly led and being looted stupendously to also be the one boasting of apathetic folks who have somehow made it fashionable to be 'neutral'. Some wear it like a badge of honour here shouting "they are all the same". How will repeating that a million times bring change? Is it not better to get involved in the process and be the change you seek?

You are better off trying to replace the Tinubus et al from the inside instead of suggesting young people who don't stand for anything, and are more interested in their I-phone than politics, help you effect change from outside the system. Accept the reality of Nigeria and work with it.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 8:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
byrron: Too simplistic and a very narrow view!
U r just begging the issue I raised and u vnt addressed it.
I don't have any issues with the criminals teaming up but I ve issues with we the citizens not been able to reason and ur response is exactly what I am talking about.
So we are boxed in a corner right? We can't do anything about it than just to make do with some of the criminals turned saint just because they are nw sailing in d new boat right?
I beg to differ from such line of thought sir.
U are free to sail along but I have made up my mind to damn them all, I might be in the minority which obviously I am but I refused to be on a roller coaster like the majority who has no memory of the past even when it stairs at them yet they prefer to delude themselves.
Sir, u don't keep doing the same thing and expect dfrnt results.
Think, think and think- don't we have other options as citizens to do away with all these criminals that have been exploiting us for years irrespective of the party or association they belong to?
If u say there is no choice than to keep reshuffling these known criminals in dfrnt political parties like packs of cards then we as citizens shouldn't complain anymore if the outcome goes against our expectations.
U are entitled to ur convictions and that is the essence of our existance but I am not in a hurry to forget the past more expecially when the signs of the past keeps manifesting in the present then a rational being should be able to draw an inference and be able to predict with a great deal of accuracy of what to expect in the future.
Logic should apply here and not grammer just for ego sake.
The biggest truth is the one u tell urself sir. I know I am in the minority and these are my candid views and I don't need to row with ur views cos its same reasoning that got us to this present predicament we find ourselves as citizens and as a nation and I aint gonna toe that same line of reasoning again.
Thanks for ur time. Cheers

I can appreciate your position and I have absolutely no interest in getting you to think otherwise because we are all adults. What is important is for you to know that we must all plan for the future in life. Saying "they are all the same" while remaining outside the process, and offering no viable alternatives, is unhelpful in my opinion.

Can you clearly and concisely suggest a workable way forward with real names and politically practical models that can take us in the right direction all within a realistic time frame that will not put us where others were 40 years ago?

Let us not have any vague and ambiguous suggestions either because you made mention of "grammer for ego sake" without realising I am about more than that and ready to discuss ideas in details if folk here show a predilection for it and will not disappear when challenged to veritably and factually defend their political stance. Let us have your suggestion and we can analyse the workability of it. I am always willing to learn.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Wadeoye(m): 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE: APC is happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB?

Says a lot about the party.

Use you dull brain man. The main issue here is the division within the pdp. Who cares if ibb endorses APC?

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
I honestly do appreciate ur matured and candid response and ur views as well.
I am a big fan of independent candidate and seriously hope that the national assembly should delibrate on that and pass it as a law.

Gbawe:

I can appreciate your position and I have absolutely no interest in getting you to think otherwise because we are all adults. What is important is for you to know that we must all plan for the future in life. Saying "they are all the same" while remaining outside the process, and offering no viable alternatives, is unhelpful in my opinion.

Can you clearly and concisely suggest a workable way forward with real names and politically practical models that can take us in the right direction all within a realistic time frame that will not put us where others were 40 years ago?

Let us not have any vague and ambiguous suggestions either because you made mention of "grammer for ego sake" without realising I am about more than that and ready to discuss ideas in details if folk here show a predilection for it and will not disappear when challenged to veritably and factually defend their political stance. Let us have your suggestion and we can analyse the workability of it. I am always willing to learn.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by sparko1(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Correct. If we are a nation of people who have minimal political sophistication then it would be obvious that the serious treat of losing power can destroy the elite-centred lootocracy Nigeria has become. The argument over whether man is innately good or bad can go on forever. What cannot be disputed is the fact that lack of deterrent/punishment for wrong-doing give rise to the sort of nation Nigeria has become.

The truth is that the PDP has operated with callous impunity for 14 years as the ruling Party. Even if Nigerians are too bigoted and biased to appreciate it, there must be punishment for what the PDP is getting away with so as to maintain evolutionary order and a march forward. Vital to vote out non-performers so that a culture of "perform or be kicked out" is enshrined. By putting in the effort, even if making mistakes in the process, humanity will get where it needs to go. Doing Nothing is not an option if a Nation is ambitious and desirous of progress.

APC has risen up to challenge a Party that is one of the worst and most ineffective in the world in my opinion. Positive-minded Nigerians should be in support of the new Party and wish it success in rattling the comfort zone a very evil Party languish in to the detriment of Nigeria.
1000000 like.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Pukkah: 9:25pm On Mar 02, 2013
ROSSIKE: APC is happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB?

Says a lot about the party.

Where in the report did you see that APC is happy to be endorsed by IBB?

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gerald09(m): 9:26pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ooh crap! When will dis man die so Nigeria can be safe, Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ were all excited about APC and nw IBB has spoiled d whole fun with his interest, anything IBB, OBJ neva come out well for Nigerians.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Yeeyo: 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2013
Buhari Babangida de devils advocate
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by skales(m): 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
Only a fool would vote for Gej come 2015

4 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by almustapha007: 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
ndu_chucks: I fully expect IBB, OBJ, and some very powerful PDP members to dump PDP before 2015. These powerful PDP members need to be aligned, one way or the other with the ruling party to ensure that they remain out of jail before they die.

I'm afraid GEJ has forgotten how he became the President and does not fully appreciate the fact that he is going to leave that office 2015.

Enough is Enough, Insha Allah, GEJ and PDP must leave come 2015.

InA. But then 2015 seems like a thousand yrs away

Imagine how far d looting of the economy by GEJ's aides wld av gone.

Imagine the effects of clueless leadership on d country.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by shamama: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ozonna:

Akuko na Egwu!!! The only opposition Pres GEJ has are PDP Northern Govs. If GEJ gets the PDP ticket, you'll be surprised @ the way APC will be crushed in 2015 polls.
are u a nigerian,I don't think so
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
"Though they shall gather but as long as their gathering is not of the lord, they shall scatter in different direction"
APC ko' ACP ni'...... What you are seen today is initial gara- gara, when the drum role you shall see us the real gladiator
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by stineb1: 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Correct. If we are a nation of people who have minimal political sophistication then it would be obvious that the serious treat of losing power can destroy the elite-centred lootocracy Nigeria has become. The argument over whether man is innately good or bad can go on forever. What cannot be disputed is the fact that lack of deterrent/punishment for wrong-doing give rise to the sort of nation Nigeria has become.

The truth is that the PDP has operated with callous impunity for 14 years as the ruling Party. Even if Nigerians are too bigoted and biased to appreciate it, there must be punishment for what the PDP is getting away with so as to maintain evolutionary order and a march forward. Vital to vote out non-performers so that a culture of "perform or be kicked out" is enshrined. By putting in the effort, even if making mistakes in the process, humanity will get where it needs to go. Doing Nothing is not an option if a Nation is ambitious and desirous of progress.

APC has risen up to challenge a Party that is one of the worst and most ineffective in the world in my opinion. Positive-minded Nigerians should be in support of the new Party and wish it success in rattling the comfort zone a very evil Party languish in to the detriment of Nigeria.
But what is the diffrence if 50 percent of the same PDP chieftains decamps to APC? That means we are still in thesame umbrella with a new platform.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Pukkah: 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Billyonaire: Yesterday they were ACN attackdogs, today they are APC attack dogs, tomorrow they might become PHENSIC Attack Dogs. Steer clear of regional warriors who change names at will for their selfish aim. I cant believe IBB, the man who annulled June 12 is now a hero to these AC/ACN/APC/PHENSIC-TO-BECOME attack dogs.

How is this name-calling and attack of APC related to the alleged anti-party activities of IBB - a card carrying member and former presidential candidate of PDP -which is contained in the report?

Are you so obsessed with APC that you lost sight of the news item? If you, a self-proclaimed (though needless and unproved) billionaire could catch cold so easily from APC's distant sneeze, then APC must really be rattling all of you; including of course your former presidential candidate.

Meanwhile, you might need 2 tablets of APC for your cold. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by gratiaeo(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
skales: Only a fool would vote for Gej come 2015
The bigger fools will vote APC come 2015

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World Female Leaders Wear Veil, It Is A Sign Of Respect For Religion And Custom / President Buhari Commissions Newly Built Technology Complex In Abuja (Photos) / Tinubu: APC Presidential Rally In Ogun State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.