Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP (30583 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari / Some Names That Rattles PDP Both Online And Offline. Add Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by mbhs139(m): 11:01am On Mar 03, 2013
GenBuhari: [size=18pt]Babangida ,the evil genocidal kleptomaniacal looter[/size]

I took my time to read this post, and was thinking i will see a response to it at the end on this thread. But most unfortunately, there is none!

That tells you something about our reading culture; we have lost it. Nigerians don't have the patience to read long articles.

I once read somewhere that if you want to hide information from an average Nigerian, put it into writing, particularly in a long one, he will never see it.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by buoye1(m): 11:13am On Mar 03, 2013
Ozonna:

Akuko na Egwu!!! The only opposition Pres GEJ has are PDP Northern Govs. If GEJ gets the PDP ticket, you'll be surprised @ the way APC will be crushed in 2015 polls.
4 ur mind
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by aurenflani: 12:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
ROSSIKE: APC is happy to be endorsed by a criminal like IBB?

Says a lot about the party.

Na you dey happy for APC's behalf? Na wa o!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Yujin(m): 12:31pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, don't take my utterances as criticism. I just dislike insincere utterance, for the sake of populism, that is starkly at odds with reality. The way I see it is that Nigerians are apathetic cowards. They will bash in the brains of commoners yet lie down supine in prostration and obeisance before the political thieves who have turned them into glorified beggars.

The youth especially are too divided, too shallow, too devoid of ideas, too distracted and too worthless at solutions provision to even be a shadow of the youths of other Nations. An inspired youth class get Nations out of trouble with their innovative endeavors everywhere.

That is not Nigeria and a realistic person will agree the best option remains to support those who can make a difference, like Fashola and Ribadu et al, till evolution lends a hand to aid us getting where we need to go. Which youth do you think will join you to hound their "own" all in the spirit of "let us get rid of these old thieving bastards" ? Don't you read comments here to note the same youths you have misguided hope in praising the 'recycling' of Anenih?

Why not try right now convening SS youths to support your group touting a talented Yoruba individual to depose GEJ? See if they will volunteer for such an "embrace merit" ideal once their own is the "victim". Who are those who dislike Fashola here the most? Are they not youths? Why don't you begin trying to get them support Fashola to replace GEJ considering all neutral folks and non-Nigerians don't even think Fashola and GEJ should be mentioned in the same sentence as far as administrative talent is concerned? These same youth will argue Fashola is the devil and GEJ is "the best President ever". I think you know the truth behind that flight of fantasy. Are they the same youth you want to partner with? March with a few youths and they will be the ones to plunge the knife in your back when they have been paid off. You should face the fact that your nation has serious problems revolving around a very morally compromised people. Non more indicative of this than "youths" . Solutions need to be pragmatic and realistic.

Had it been Nigerian youths were impressive, moderately principled and politically sophisticated then I would be more than happy to join you risking life and limb for change. I don't need to remind you of how the subsidy protest was turned into a "Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani plot against GEJ"? In virtually all nations on earth national unity, political maturity and oneness of purpose would make everyone see that it is plain wrong to support a very corrupt President who decided to punish poverty-addled Nigerians instead of tackle scammers and the sort of unacceptable theft he swore to protect Nigerians against.

Bottom line is that we have different beliefs. Your radical pontifications will never work and sound populist to me in face of what is on the ground. I think Nigerian youths were even more passionate and united in the days of Gani than today. You do your thing and I will do mine which revolves around senstitizing Nigerians to vote for the lesser devil instead of shouting unrealistically about a Jerry Rawlings 'cull' and suggesting 'saints' who cannot even deliver their streets. I just hope you can sometimes talk as if you recognize the reality on the ground. No one, anywhere, can deliver solutions until they understand the problem.
Exactly, this is why a nationalistic revolution CAN NEVER HAPPEN in Nigeria. Revolution is only possible if Nigeria is restructured to regions. Point of correction: the subsidy removal was a good step in the right direction but poorly managed that is why 'others' didn't join the Hausa/Fulani & Yoruba in their parochial protest. Similar to this protest was the Unilag/Maulag unnecessary demonstration. It was grossly unnecessary given the way this same people eulogise MKO. A pointer to the unacceptance of GEJ was established. While APC is political correct and good to emerge, the mindset of its bigwigs is purely geared towards ousting GEJ at all cost come 2015 and this can be traced towards that same unacceptance of him for some unclear reasons.
@topic, IBB clearly has shown that he is no more a PDP member. This is no good for the present PDP but who cares since GEJ's presidential destiny is not tied to IBB's endorsement.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by aurenflani: 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
francis4real: when will Nigerians stop betraying fellow Nigerian it common here in South West, is it a course? if I may ask IBB is now hero prazing him as if is now God u silly people that forget things easily. Do u guys still remember June 94? u bagers. MKO, Kudirat, killing of innocent people? northern knows Fashola is a fool, they will use him to sell Yorubas to northerners. be wise. when u guys started seen rods of Boko Haram here is south west, then u guys will use ur mendular.

Wetin dis baboon dey yan now?
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by vanstanzy(m): 12:41pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/6421-ibb-s-endorsement-of-apc-rattles-pdp

This is just the beginning grin grin grin. Don't worry PDP, "In politics their are no permanent enemies but

permanent interests"
. grin IBB will be back once APC is rattled sometimes in the future.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Yet u vnt added any value to the conversation, u keep regurgitating.
So ur idea of realism is an association that is not yet a party?
When they become a party then u can come back and lecture me on realism but for now its still under the realm of idealism.
u dey make me laff my guy! Pls comment on ibb's views and stop drifting further.
Cheers again

emiye:

Take it easy man, i love sensible debates, and did not call you a clown, even though you sound as one.

How many years from now, do you believe an independent presidential candidate will garner enough votes from Nigerian electorates to win an election? 50years? , 100years?

You must learn to separate your fantasies and idealism from the real world

Else, you might be seen as a clown.

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by morewealth(m): 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
Nigerians too lyk to yarn... Weytin bad if Babangida endorse APC abi na so d man cum bad?
Make una save una bad breath till 2015. If APC win 2015 PDP members go decamp to APC, life go continue and notin wey una go fit do. Abi Naija constitution no dey allow decamping again? No b today dis kind tin start so abeg make una no kill unaself ..
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by LeOstrich: 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
IBB, Tinibu, OBJ, Buhari and Nigeria are all history come 2015.

PIC related: me and my fellow merc operating in Niger-Delta for the desolation and dissolution of this fake, corrupt almagation

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
Well, they say power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. That is exactly wat we are seeing in PDP in most cases.
What I need is a strong opposition to can challenge PDP. The advt of strong opposition is too numerous to be mentioned. It keeps the ruling power under check.

What APC is doing now is to set the structures on ground to ensure landslide victory in the upcoming election. So far so good. But the major factor dt will ensure their victory is the success of their primaries for presidential seat. If the party is still in Unity after primaries, I don't see anything that will stop them. If APC nominates a stupid presidential flag bearer, I will also stupidly vote GEJ.

On a lighter note, Gbawe, I want to speak english like u wen I grow up. It just has to be 'ludicrously' good. grin
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by success9(m): 1:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
i thank u all dat criricised my first comment and more thanks to u gbawe for reaasonin with me...

Let me start by saying most people here are graduates of pol.sci but have neva been to a political meetin before even at d zonal level let alone ward. They ar quick to criticise but too busy to make an input. Empty barrels if u ask me...

Who is a saint in nigeria today? Only a few yet they criticise. I wonder y a yahoo boi, girl, man, woman or a cultist, or a trader at alaba sellin inferior products at d cost of d original cos e claims his products are original; or a man who will steal his boss*s time come to say one pot is black when e himself is black.

If IBB refuses to retire from politics, na u go tel am to step aside? Do u have d guts or such a liver?

What i will find an issue is what d APC will do or not do when they to power? Will they hold true to their manifesto? Where will they put d common man in the scheme of things? Will they make unpopular policies or create unpoular programmes to steal public funds? Will they emulate how govs are faring at d state in the centre? Will they implement policies that will drive d economy?

For instance, why is Nigerian budget still under fiive trillion naira when the FIRS claims they made a little over five trillion from taxation? What happened to the other incomes generated from other sources? Lets not even talk about oil revenue...

IBB said this or that is not an issue. He is a member here or there is not an issue. Is he now ready to embrace change is an issue.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 2:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
success_07: i thank u all dat criricised my first comment and more thanks to u gbawe for reaasonin with me...

Let me start by saying most people here are graduates of pol.sci but have neva been to a political meetin before even at d zonal level let alone ward. They ar quick to criticise but too busy to make an input. Empty barrels if u ask me...

Who is a saint in nigeria today? Only a few yet they criticise. I wonder y a yahoo boi, girl, man, woman or a cultist, or a trader at alaba sellin inferior products at d cost of d original cos e claims his products are original; or a man who will steal his boss*s time come to say one pot is black when e himself is black.

If IBB refuses to retire from politics, na u go tel am to step aside? Do u have d guts or such a liver?

What i will find an issue is what d APC will do or not do when they to power? Will they hold true to their manifesto? Where will they put d common man in the scheme of things? Will they make unpopular policies or create unpoular programmes to steal public funds? Will they emulate how govs are faring at d state in the centre? Will they implement policies that will drive d economy?

For instance, why is Nigerian budget still under fiive trillion naira when the FIRS claims they made a little over five trillion from taxation? What happened to the other incomes generated from other sources? Lets not even talk about oil revenue...

IBB said this or that is not an issue. He is a member here or there is not an issue. Is he now ready to embrace change is an issue.

Thank you. Nigeria remains how it is partly because its youth lack pragmatism, patriotism and focus. They will never 'seize the moment' and it is pointless wasting time on them because they are empty barrels. Anyone who wants Nigeria to become better should pitch political tent somewhere, get involved and be the change they want. No sitting on the fence or telling us pessimistically and vacuously that "they are all the same" while you making zero suggestions regarding viable solutions.

I really despair over the lack of ability of the Nigerian youth and his predilection for apathy, time-wasting, pessimism and empty talk as we see here daily. On average, the Nigerian youth is usually never a solutions provider or innately innovative. Yet he is the most opinionated, most unwilling to learn and most likely to remain blind to what is obvious. Not good for Nigeria. Not good at all. This is why I keep talking about evolution. Looking at the current generation of young Nigerians leaves one distinctly uninspired.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by pat077: 2:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
My dear, I'm just reading all the comments here and it shows that the majority haven't learnt from the mistakes of the past while we on the minority that has seen what lies ahead will still suffer from its devastating outcome simply because the majority are still gonna make a wrong choice again and the leasons of the mistakes of ystdy aint learnt yet.
The truth of the matter is that we are in a hopeless situation, what is the diffrence between PDP and APC d yet to be a political party but with known questionable characters?
The idea of capert crossing by these politicians have dessimated all forms of positive expectations atlst from me.
We are just celebrating a change of name but with same opressors in it which is a combination of the same people from all parties who has worked effortlessly in stagnating the growth of the nation.
What exactly is cheering here?
Well, I will never waste my vote and I have never wasted it before.
Its damn so painfull that my fellow citizens can't just see it rather u are abused for vn a completely dfrnt perspective and views.
Wish them luck if this gambling pays off- I know better.
U can fool some people all the time but can't fool all the people all the time.
The people also derseves the type of leadership they get- if u elect carrier known rouques just because u hate the name of the ruling party whose members are rouques too and u delibrately vote for other rouques who are also known rouques and even the migrated ones from the present governing party - that is my idea of the term collective amnasia which is what the majority of we the citizens are suffering for a very long time now.
Its a hopeless situation indeed.
taken over from pdp is just the sole objective nothing else and not about the wefare of the citinzery who are nothing but a means for the actualization of some peoples megalomanic political desires.
Its a hopeless situation for now, hope there will be a more viable option before 2015 even if they are a minority but with credibility so I can have a choice obviously not these 2 brothers in iniquity cos I know the characters that in them and I'm am not deluded.

honprof1:

I don't need to read all u wrote cos ur first paragraph shows u r sensible and not beeing decieved by Party Name or FLAG , we need people like u to sensitize the society at Large ... What u have just wrote in here is exacly what we move Wise Nigerian foward and leave mediocre in darkness as all the mediocre need is a Gala n Lacasera to motgage the future and as well their children.. God Bless u Man!n
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by henrysam(m): 3:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Whatever floats your boat. "Opposition types"? Are people like you for real? Anyway, I am coming to accept that talking to most Nairalanders means accepting the premise that conversation will have a flavour of surrealism.

It is even normal here for many to talk in contrast to what is indeed desirable and being delivered by evolution throughout the world. Nigeria too, whether your ilk like it or not, will evolutionarily fall in line. Naturally, you and others will not want to accept this with your devotion to individuals, entities and political Parties. It will not remain acceptable for abjectly mediocre leadership to endure as society evolves. Naturally, a people growing more ambitious, more demanding, more impatience and more politically sophisticated will seek change as soon as possible. As simple as that.

Even if you have no capacity to appreciate it, we are talking of universal concepts, sweeping modern existence, that will outlive and outlast all of us. You can keep dreaming and talking according to the ridiculous conditioning your nation bestows upon you. Exposed and well-read folks know that it is ridiculous to talks as if the PDP will remain a law unto itself when the delivery of abjectly poor leadership is its main identity. The inane talk of "we will rule for 6O years" is delusional garbage, for dinosaurs like you, that can only be valid if this was 1920 and if the world was now not so well-connected making Nigerians see what obtains elsewhere to enable them appreciate they deserve far better.

Your head is too correct, pls don't mind the mumu.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. Nigeria remains how it is partly because its youth lack pragmatism, patriotism and focus. They will never 'seize the moment' and it is pointless wasting time on them because they are empty barrels. Anyone who wants Nigeria to become better should pitch political tent somewhere, get involved and be the change they want. No sitting on the fence or telling us pessimistically and vacuously that "they are all the same" while you making zero suggestions regarding viable solutions.

I really despair over the lack of ability of the Nigerian youth and his predilection for apathy, time-wasting, pessimism and empty talk as we see here daily. On average, the Nigerian youth is usually never a solutions provider or innately innovative. Yet he is the most opinionated, most unwilling to learn and most likely to remain blind to what is obvious. Not good for Nigeria. Not good at all. This is why I keep talking about evolution. Looking at the current generation of young Nigerians leaves one distinctly uninspired.

After all your hullabaloos support for IBB? Please,now you've come around to comment as if you are making any better sense. I refused to accept your topsy-turvy explanation. Indeed, it is full of deceits.You are sell-out man, you can keep selling your youth future least I care.

As for those who are concerned about their future you should start fighting for your rights. The information technology is a powerful weapon and should be used to your own advantage. In schools, market places, at your homes,etc, get involve with sending information out to human rights organizations, the United Nations, the criminal court of justice,the international media, exchange information with your friends and be sincere about,etc. It is a very powerful tools to fight. Don't let anybody deceive you like Gbawe.

Guys don't listen to somebody like Gbawe, he is a lost youth!
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Pukkah: 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Don't mind them.

Many of them are poor students of history and they're just theorists and paper tigers. They flex muscles online and beer parlours but buckle and flounder when it comes to execution.

When the journey to the present democracy started in 1999, Bola Ige and his crew were among the founding fathers of PDP. At the formative stage of the party, they realized that Barnabas Gemade and other people that were labelled 'Abacha politicians' were there, so they left the party.

They left the party and berthed in the defunct APP. The infamous Abacha politicians surfaced again and, again, they left APP. This time around, they left to form a new party. And the Alliance for Democracy (AD) was born. This is why some commentators usually say that Bola Ige 'authored' the constitutions of the three dominant parties at that time.

The then INEC bent over backwards to accommodate AD but alas, time wasn't enough for them to build a 'national network' for the new party. Where were even those that would give it a national outlook anyway? The other politicians had melted into PDP and APP. So the AD inevitably became a regional party.

The AD was lambasted and lampooned as a sectional party and all attempts to give it a national outlook failed until the party crashed into Obasanjo tsunami.

Lesson - It's ideal to expect a political party to be puritan or saintly. However, that expectation is neither practical nor pragmatic. It takes politicians (and not online warriors or commentators) to play politics and of course, politicians are not imams or pastors. And wait for this, they will never be pastors or imams.

Politics by its very nature is not for saints as it involves a lot of compromise and agreements. If you doubt this then you should wonder why the much-loved Gani Fawehinmi (who started going to prison for the masses since 1969) was not elected President. Did Utomi also succeed? What of Okotie? Buhari nko?

Many people will shiver or even weep if they catch a glimpse of political agreements or compromises. Are you looking for a saintly political party? It's not possible, or let me be more optimistic - its time hasn't come. By the way, how many saintly churches or mosques do you even have in the country let alone political parties?

No single region (or even two) can alone produce a president. In reality, you need to build bridges. You need friends across the country. In politics, one enemy is too many and 1,000 friends is not enough. In cultivating this friendship, you come across all sorts - the good, the bad and the ugly. There are political lepers (literal) who although cannot milk a cow, they can easily spill a drum of milk. For the GEJ supporters abusing IBB, listen to this: Jonathan may not really love IBB, but he wouldn't want him to cross to the other side. Fact. It is the same way that the AD fatally had an Adedibu (another Abacha politician) on the other side.

Whatever you do, people will criticize you. The same people that tongue-lashed and derided the AD as a sectional party are still taunting and insulting the ACN today for forging a much-needed alliance. So how do you satisfy people?

The objective of businesses, as taught in elementary economics, is to make profit; that of political parties is to seize power. Get used to it.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Are you crazy? Who gives a damn about an empty rabble-rouser like you? Look, get lost. I don't need bitter, twisted losers like you stalking me. Drop your independent comment, if you have one, related to the topic and clear off. It is obvious folks like you come here to fight with others because of 'unresolved' issues and the large chip you carry around on your shoulder. Go and find others who are petty, with zilch to contribute, like yourself, to fight. This is all cretins like you, always to be found stalking others, do here from thread to thread i.e never contributing anything meaningful and ruining threads with your petty, spiteful and petulant behaviour.
What is the outburst all about? Please, spare me this idea of looking genuine here. It is clear you take offence easily about anything yet you are not ready to work for the future of the country. You are so pessimistic in your approach and use it to coy people to agree with this your all-encompassing usefulness of IBB to the politic of Nigeria. You've forgotten about the past so soon what IBB had done to this nation. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.

I am not going to stop antagonizing your comments for the simple reason you are in support of IBB.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pukkah:

Don't mind them.

Many of them are poor students of history and they're just theorists and paper tigers. They flex muscles online and beer parlours but buckle and flounder when it comes to execution.

When the journey to the present democracy started in 1999, Bola Ige and his crew were among the founding fathers of PDP. At the formative stage of the party, they realized that Barnabas Gemade and other people that were labelled 'Abacha politicians' were there, so they left the party.

They left the party and berthed in the defunct APP. The infamous Abacha politicians surfaced again and, again, they left APP. This time around, they left to form a new party. And the Alliance for Democracy (AD) was born. This is why some commentators usually say that Bola Ige 'authored' the constitutions of the three dominant parties at that time.

The then INEC bent over backwards to accommodate AD but alas, time wasn't enough for them to build a 'national network' for the new party. Where were even those that would give it a national outlook anyway? The other politicians had melted into PDP and APP. So the AD inevitably became a regional party.

The AD was lambasted and lampooned as a sectional party and all attempts to give it a national outlook failed until the party crashed into Obasanjo tsunami.

Lesson - It's ideal to expect a political party to be puritan or saintly. However, that expectation is neither practical nor pragmatic. It takes politicians (and not online warriors or commentators) to play politics and of course, politicians are not imams or pastors. And wait for this, they will never be pastors or imams.

Politics by its very nature is not for saints as it involves a lot of compromise and agreements. If you doubt this then you should wonder why the much-loved Gani Fawehinmi (who started going to prison for the masses since 1969) was not elected President. Did Utomi also succeed? What of Okotie? Buhari nko?

Many people will shiver or even weep if they catch a glimpse of political agreements or compromises. Are you looking for a saintly political party? It's not possible, or let me be more optimistic - its time hasn't come. By the way, how many saintly churches or mosques do you even have in the country let alone political parties?

No single region (or even two) can alone produce a president. In reality, you need to build bridges. You need friends across the country. In politics, one enemy is too many and 1,000 friends is not enough. In cultivating this friendship, you come across all sorts - the good, the bad and the ugly. There are political lepers (literal) who although cannot milk a cow, they can easily spill a drum of milk. For the GEJ supporters abusing IBB, listen to this: Jonathan may not really love IBB, but he wouldn't want him to cross to the other side. Fact. It is the same way that the AD fatally had an Adedibu (another Abacha politician) on the other side.

Whatever you do, people will criticize you. The same people that tongue-lashed and derided the AD as a sectional party are still taunting and insulting the ACN today for forging a much-needed alliance. So how do you satisfy people?

The objective of businesses, as taught in elementary economics, is to make profit; that of political parties is to seize power. Get used to it.
Please, go to sleep. Go back to history and live in it least I care.I don't give a heck about what you are saying. It is youth like you that are selling out the future of that country. How in Gbawe rightful mind would he suggest to those who want a change to form a political party? That speaks of his shallow mindedness to how things work in the present world. Keep living with your lots in the past.

Stop trying to deceive other youths about their rights.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 4:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pukkah:

Don't mind them.

[b]Politics by its very nature is not for saints as it involves a lot of compromise and agreements. If you doubt this then you should wonder why the much-loved Gani Fawehinmi (who started going to prison for the masses since 1969) was not elected President. Did Utomi also succeed? What of Okotie? Buhari nko?

[/b]

Superb contribution. Sadly many here do not have the capacity to take in what you are saying which is the pragmatic truth. They will be driven by all manners of sentiments and biases to the extent what should be terribly obvious is never discerned by so many who fancy themselves as different to those leading us.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Superb contribution. Sadly many here do not have the capacity to take in what you are saying which is the pragmatic truth. They will be driven by all manners of sentiments and biases to the extent what should be terribly obvious is never discerned by so many who fancy themselves as different to those leading us.
The truth is that pragmatism has been played out by you with no evidence to show how that would move the country forward. It only points out one thing that we will continue to accept these old corrupt leaders who unlawfully destroyed this country and live with it. Keep analyzing what is a mere reality we no exist and continue to refuse on advocating for the need for a change.

Look at who is talking about sentiments and biases when your idea of reality is to remain in the same position. What is more biased toward change than that?
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Pukkah: 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2013
all4naija: Please, go to sleep. Go back to history and live in it least I care.I don't give a heck about what you are saying. It is youth like you that are selling out the future of that country. How in Gbawe rightful mind would he suggest to those who want a change to form a political party? That speaks of his shallow mindedness to how things work in the present world. Keep living with your lots in the past.

Stop trying to deceive other youths about their rights.

Vituperations ignored.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Gbawe: 5:59pm On Mar 03, 2013
Pukkah:

Vituperations ignored.

Best thing to do.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by sanandreas(m): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
Where is the 12 billion dollarz windfall?
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by abbeybanks(m): 6:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
Maradona has taken the lead. Very soon others will follow suit to guaranttee their places in the new govt CÕ̾M̶̲̥̅Ƹ̵̡ 2015 . ...
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Blueboy0402: 7:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
byrron: [b]PDP CHIEFTAINS SUPPORTING AND POSSIBLY DECAMPING TO THE NEW BRIDE IN TOWN CALLED APC AND U GUYS ARE HAPPY?
IF PDP MEMBERS, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT HAS LOOTED THE COUNTRY AND NOW JOINED THE OTHER LOOTERS THAT FORMED APC THEN WHAT IS THE JOY? WHAT ARE WE REALLY CELEBRATING?

OK, we don't like the name pdp but we don't mind the same oppressors or criminals changing names or decamping to continue doing the same thing in as much as they don't bear the name PDP abi?

Last time i checked, its the same names that have been looting our common wealth and have been decamping from one party to the other that came to form the new bride called APC and an open invitation has also been given to members of the other looting party called PDP to come and join them in the new amalgam of oppressors.

When are we going to start making use of our brains as citizens?

we are damn too gullible, once a known criminal decamps to another party he becomes a saint and we erase all his antecedents from our brains or 1kb memory cards.

Well, our situation now is like having an option of choosing between the devil (PDP) or Satan (APC)and any choice we make gives us the same result. PDP + APC (amalgam of political criminals)= 2 sides of same coin.

the situation is just a hopeless one and the alternative is as hopeless as the former so nothing to cheer about, its just a cyclical movement with out motion.

im sure if Goodluck Johnathan decamps today even as the president to APC, he becomes a progressive automatically and the story line will change in as much as the name pdp is not mentioned, he becomes gej and not pdp the same way most of u voted gej and not pdp.
something is wrong with all of us especially we the citizens

[/b] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
You took those words out of my mouth. I don't know why Gbawe and co are celebrating the arrival of APC with so much fanfare. Every sane political observer knows that PDP=APC and APC=PDP, old wine in a new bottle. Yes PDP has inflicted so much pain on Nigerians but I do believe that APC will do worse because the party is an amalgam of disgruntled elements of the PDP stock who didn't have the oppotunity to steal and others who lost out in the power game.

Inasmuch as we need a strong opposition, someone should please tell Gbawe and co that PDP=APC and APC=PDP. It is not yet time to shout uhuru.

1 Like

Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Blueboy0402: 7:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
byrron: [b]PDP CHIEFTAINS SUPPORTING AND POSSIBLY DECAMPING TO THE NEW BRIDE IN TOWN CALLED APC AND U GUYS ARE HAPPY?
IF PDP MEMBERS, THE SAME PEOPLE THAT HAS LOOTED THE COUNTRY AND NOW JOINED THE OTHER LOOTERS THAT FORMED APC THEN WHAT IS THE JOY? WHAT ARE WE REALLY CELEBRATING?

OK, we don't like the name pdp but we don't mind the same oppressors or criminals changing names or decamping to continue doing the same thing in as much as they don't bear the name PDP abi?

Last time i checked, its the same names that have been looting our common wealth and have been decamping from one party to the other that came to form the new bride called APC and an open invitation has also been given to members of the other looting party called PDP to come and join them in the new amalgam of oppressors.

When are we going to start making use of our brains as citizens?

we are damn too gullible, once a known criminal decamps to another party he becomes a saint and we erase all his antecedents from our brains or 1kb memory cards.

Well, our situation now is like having an option of choosing between the devil (PDP) or Satan (APC)and any choice we make gives us the same result. PDP + APC (amalgam of political criminals)= 2 sides of same coin.

the situation is just a hopeless one and the alternative is as hopeless as the former so nothing to cheer about, its just a cyclical movement with out motion.

im sure if Goodluck Johnathan decamps today even as the president to APC, he becomes a progressive automatically and the story line will change in as much as the name pdp is not mentioned, he becomes gej and not pdp the same way most of u voted gej and not pdp.
something is wrong with all of us especially we the citizens

[/b] cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
You took those words out of my mouth. I don't know why Gbawe and co are celebrating the arrival of APC with so much fanfare. Every sane political observer knows that PDP=APC and APC=PDP, old wine in a new bottle. Yes PDP has inflicted so much pain on Nigerians but I do believe that APC will do worse because the party is an amalgam of disgruntled elements of the PDP stock who didn't have the oppotunity to steal and others who lost out in the power game.

Inasmuch as we need a strong opposition, someone should please tell Gbawe and co that PDP=APC and APC=PDP. It is not yet time to shout uhuru.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by dangermouse(m): 7:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Correct. If we are a nation of people who have minimal political sophistication then it would be obvious that the serious treat of losing power can destroy the elite-centred lootocracy Nigeria has become. The argument over whether man is innately good or bad can go on forever. What cannot be disputed is the fact that lack of deterrent/punishment for wrong-doing give rise to the sort of nation Nigeria has become.

The truth is that the PDP has operated with callous impunity for 14 years as the ruling Party. Even if Nigerians are too bigoted and biased to appreciate it, there must be punishment for what the PDP is getting away with so as to maintain evolutionary order and a march forward. Vital to vote out non-performers so that a culture of "perform or be kicked out" is enshrined. By putting in the effort, even if making mistakes in the process, humanity will get where it needs to go. Doing Nothing is not an option if a Nation is ambitious and desirous of progress.

APC has risen up to challenge a Party that is one of the worst and most ineffective in the world in my opinion. Positive-minded Nigerians should be in support of the new Party and wish it success in rattling the comfort zone a very evil Party languish in to the detriment of Nigeria.
. Noted,but before we begin to cast our votes in favour of APC,we have to note that most of the elements that formed APC are PDP decampees who has lost out in the PDP's sharing formular of their coverted loot...one can't help but think that they are all the same calibres now in different parties.don't get me wrong. Am tired of the party called PDP.in voting them out'we need to vote -in credible and visionary leaders.The onus is on us
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:34pm On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, don't take my utterances as criticism. I just dislike insincere utterance, for the sake of populism, that is starkly at odds with reality. The way I see it is that Nigerians are apathetic cowards. They will bash in the brains of commoners yet lie down supine in prostration and obeisance before the political thieves who have turned them into glorified beggars.

The youth especially are too divided, too shallow, too devoid of ideas, too distracted and too worthless at solutions provision to even be a shadow of the youths of other Nations. An inspired youth class get Nations out of trouble with their innovative endeavors everywhere.

That is not Nigeria and a realistic person will agree the best option remains to support those who can make a difference, like Fashola and Ribadu et al, till evolution lends a hand to aid us getting where we need to go. Which youth do you think will join you to hound their "own" all in the spirit of "let us get rid of these old thieving bastards" ? Don't you read comments here to note the same youths you have misguided hope in praising the 'recycling' of Anenih?

Why not try right now convening SS youths to support your group touting a talented Yoruba individual to depose GEJ? See if they will volunteer for such an "embrace merit" ideal once their own is the "victim". Who are those who dislike Fashola here the most? Are they not youths? Why don't you begin trying to get them support Fashola to replace GEJ considering all neutral folks and non-Nigerians don't even think Fashola and GEJ should be mentioned in the same sentence as far as administrative talent is concerned? These same youth will argue Fashola is the devil and GEJ is "the best President ever". I think you know the truth behind that flight of fantasy. Are they the same youth you want to partner with? March with a few youths and they will be the ones to plunge the knife in your back when they have been paid off. You should face the fact that your nation has serious problems revolving around a very morally compromised people. Non more indicative of this than "youths" . Solutions need to be pragmatic and realistic.

Had it been Nigerian youths were impressive, moderately principled and politically sophisticated then I would be more than happy to join you risking life and limb for change. I don't need to remind you of how the subsidy protest was turned into a "Yoruba and Hausa/Fulani plot against GEJ"? In virtually all nations on earth national unity, political maturity and oneness of purpose would make everyone see that it is plain wrong to support a very corrupt President who decided to punish poverty-addled Nigerians instead of tackle scammers and the sort of unacceptable theft he swore to protect Nigerians against.

Bottom line is that we have different beliefs. Your radical pontifications will never work and sound populist to me in face of what is on the ground. I think Nigerian youths were even more passionate and united in the days of Gani than today. You do your thing and I will do mine which revolves around senstitizing Nigerians to vote for the lesser devil instead of shouting unrealistically about a Jerry Rawlings 'cull' and suggesting 'saints' who cannot even deliver their streets. I just hope you can sometimes talk as if you recognize the reality on the ground. No one, anywhere, can deliver solutions until they understand the problem.

You r obviously responding to someone else's post
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 03, 2013
Except we have an outright revolution which is unlikely in an ethnically fragmented Nigeria, a pragmatic approach to salvaging Nigeria demands working with the willing materials available to move the nation forward.
Re: Babangida’s Endorsement Of APC Rattles PDP by Pukkah: 9:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
Prof Corruption: Except we have an outright revolution which is unlikely in an ethnically fragmented Nigeria, a pragmatic approach to salvaging Nigeria demands working with the willing materials available to move the nation forward.

This is another good thinking. Some people don't know that there is a difference between human rights activists and politicians. Their callings and motivation are very different. The doyen of human rights activism - Gani Fawehinmi - failed woefully as a politician. Why didn't these people asking for credible or ideal people vote for him or the Conscience Party?

Tell these people calling for puritanism to prepare for a revolution and they would become incoherent or scurry off. How many of them have witnessed a civil unrest let alone a war? In fact, after a successful revolution, who are the people that would still run the country? Of course, the politicians!

Fact - the people that will liberate Nigeria are Nigerians. Most of those Nigerians have today got used or benefited from overt and/or covert corruption - special JAMB centres, police N20, fake drugs, piracy, driver's licence by proxy, settlement for C of O or building approval processing, wrong usage of Biblical verses to further personal creed/interest, etc. The clean Nigerians (if any) aren't interested in politics because it will smear them. So who will run the governance process? Angels?

As people grow up, they generally become more introspective and realistic but a lot of the people canvassing for the ideal are simply naïve/inexperienced or goaded on by the hot youthful blood in their veins or the adrenalin of adventure in their system.

Hopefully, one day they will understand. They will understand that life is not a straight line. Ironically, life's experience does not come on time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jonathan, Fayose At The Bayelsa PDP Governorship Primary Election Today (Photos) / Buratai Tests Surveillance Camera In Rivers (Photo) / Minister Of Power Controls Nothing – Emir Sanusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.