Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48312 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by PastorKun(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: emotion laden statements..Did my post mentioned income or earnings?

You are a chronically dishonest person. So what 100% were you referring to that was given in the early church? Besides nothing like emotion in my statement, if there was any error in my exegesis of Acts 4, point it out and stop making bland dishonest statements to cover your hypocrisy.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16am On Jun 06, 2013
Reference:

That is a deliberate disobedience of scripture and you know the consequences. Tithes and offerings go to 'His store house that there may be meat (provisions) in His house'. Not to anyone's pocket.

Tithes and offerings are provisions to keep His house functional. The running of the church, the propagation of the gospel.

Jesus did not dip his hands into the treasury to feed the multitude. He rather took another seperate purpose driven specific offering of five loaves and two fishes for that.

The early church in Acts encouraged people to contribute for distribution. No where on record do you see tithes being distributed.

In Matthew 26:6-13 you can see that Jesus made a clear distinction between giving to Him (who is the head of the church) and giving to the poor. They are not the same thing. You cannot substitute one for the other. Verse 11 obliges you to the poor but Verse 13 says an offering to Jesus sends the gospel around the world.

Whatever spirit seeks to curtail the funding of churches under any guise cannot be from God.

Good reference point. wink
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On Jun 06, 2013
alexleo:

I am not suprised to see this in front page because Jesoul is against tithing and manmustwac being an atheist may not also be in support of that hence the smooth sail of this frosbel false teaching to the front page. SATAN SEEMS TO BE WINNING HIS BATTLE OF PLANTING FALSE DOCTRINE IN CHRISTIANITY BUT GOD WILL NOT ALLOW HIM.

This is a good point for discerning Christians.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 10:21am On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This is a good point for discerning Christians.
Is tithing part of the gospel of Christ?
If I may ask, what is the gospel to the church?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Is tithing part of the gospel of Christ?
If I may ask, what is the gospel to the church?

You cannot understand the mystery of the gospel until you acknowledge your sins as exposed by the law.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

You are a chronically dishonest person. So what 100% were you referring to that was given in the early church? Besides nothing like emotion in my statement, if there was any error in my exegesis of Acts 4, point it out and stop making bland dishonest statements to cover your hypocrisy.
You are the one being dishonest here sir..this was my post in response to shdemidemi when he said the early church did not tithe.
They gave 100% so there was nothing left to tithe.
and you jump into the wagon by asking about income and earnings which i never did mention in my post. In order to help you in your ignorance i quoted Act 4.It was mentioned that believers sold land and brought all the money to the apostles feet. Ananias kept some of his proceeds and brought part of it with lies and we know what happened in Acts 5. We know there is something called "tithe of the land" Leviticus 27:30. Which i believe the early church were aware of, so for them to sell their lands and bring all the money to the apostles feet means they gave 100%.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 11:05am On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You cannot understand the mystery of the gospel until you acknowledge your sins as exposed by the law.

You did not answer my question..pls address it rapid, I am waiting.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

You did not answer my question..pls address it rapid, I am waiting.

Tithing is only practiced by those who believe in the glorious gospel.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by PastorKun(m): 11:13am On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: You are the one being dishonest here sir..this was my post in response to shdemidemi when he said the early church did not tithe.
and you jump into the wagon by asking about income and earnings which i never did mention in my post. In order to help you in your ignorance i quoted Act 4.It was mentioned that believers sold land and brought all the money to the apostles feet. Ananias kept some of his proceeds and brought part of it with lies and we know what happened in Acts 5. We know there is something called "tithe of the land" Leviticus 27:30. Which i believe the early church were aware of, so for them to sell their lands and bring all the money to the apostles feet means they gave 100%.

The way these rogues force their daft twisted opinion into scripture is so annoying. Is the gift of the proceeds of land sales now the same as 100% of their regular income? Stop trying to be smart cos when you stated 100% in reference to tithes which is based on income today, where you were driving at became pretty obvious. So stop all these games as it's exposing you to be a fraudster.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Tithing is only practiced by those who believe in the glorious gospel.

what is the glorious gospel? You have a chance to ask hierarchs within your denomination, if they don't know what the good news is, then they and yourself might not be christians afterall.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 12:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: It was mentioned that believers sold land and brought all the money to the apostles feet. Ananias kept some of his proceeds and brought part of it with lies and we know what happened in Acts 5. We know there is something called "tithe of the land" Leviticus 27:30. Which i believe the early church were aware of, so for them to sell their lands and bring all the money to the apostles feet means they gave 100%.

what is this? @bidam
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

what is this? @bidam
The point is the early Church was so committed to the Lord and to each other that they shared EVERYTHING and sold their possessions and shared ALL the proceeds - which is 100%. so what is left to tithe They depend on God for their sustenance. The 100% supersede tithing if you ask me.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: The point is the early Church was so committed to the Lord and to each other that they shared EVERYTHING and sold their possessions and shared ALL the proceeds - which is 100%. so what is left to tithe They depend on God for their sustenance. The 100% supersede tithing if you ask me.

Bidam, 100% to who? was it a sin offering or a burnt offering or a tithe? The bible recorded what happened in Acts 4

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Stop what you are doing, it is bad. Even a Levite sold his land and brought the money to be part of this new community.

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

what is the glorious gospel? You have a chance to ask hierarchs within your denomination, if they don't know what the good news is, then they and yourself might not be christians afterall.

You don't have to be contumacious. With this attitude I don't think you are ready for the answer. This is what Jesus would say in these circumstance:

"Give not that which is holy to the dogs, neither cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you."
-- Matthew 7:6
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bidam, 100% to who? was it a sin offering or a burnt offering or a tithe? The bible recorded what happened in Acts 4

32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.

35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.

Stop what you are doing, it is bad. Even a Levite sold his land and brought the money to be part of this new community.

36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,

37 Having land, sold it, and brought the money, and laid it at the apostles' feet

All this lengthy quotes doesn't debunk my earlier statement. The question you should have asked yourself is that is tithe a form of giving?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: All this lengthy quotes doesn't debunk my earlier statement. The question you should have asked yourself is that is tithe a form of giving?

hmmm..you are deviating, anyway tithe is a form of giving engulfed in the mosaic law

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You don't have to be contumacious. With this attitude I don't think you are ready for the answer. This is what Jesus would say in these circumstance:

-- Matthew 7:6

You lack understanding, Christ called you and me a dog there, it has nothing to do with what the gospel or good nws of Christ is. I repeat, what is the good news of Christ?

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

hmmm..you are deviating, anyway tithe is a form of giving engulfed in the mosaic law
And are givings abolished in the NT?
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 2:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: And are givings abolished in the NT?

ofcourse not, I will stop you by the time you twist anything.NB (we are not under the mosaic law of tithing)
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by DrummaBoy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
Miss Ope:

Didn't u tell Frosbel and Goshen to stop arguing bout the thite issue and better still talk bout weightier matters? Now U're d one going back to ur vomit... Olodo Bidam

Ouch...!

Miss Ope:
Lol... Mr Bidam.
Somehow I believe u just don't wanna give up cos of ego... Frosbel and his cohorts av been able to prove beyond reasonable doubt dat Thite has no place in d church and therefore must be abolished.

A fine summary

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Zikkyy(m): 2:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: And are givings abolished in the NT?

Some givings are abolished in the NT. i.e. tithing
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:

ofcourse not, I will stop you by the time you twist anything.NB (we are not under the mosaic law of tithing)
These things are for our learning. You should understand that a Christian pays tithe not because the law demands it but because grace empowers us to give.The truth is it is only men of the Spirit that can actually see what God is saying in scripture.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 06, 2013
Zikkyy:

Some givings are abolished in the NT. i.e. tithing
Too bad you guys have been unable to show us that scripture.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Zikkyy(m): 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: Too bad you guys have been unable to show us that scripture.

You don't need the scripture to show that you God's tithe is not a Christian obligation. abi your name na Gersham or Seraphim
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Zikkyy:

You don't need the scripture to show that you God's tithe is not a Christian obligation. abi your name na Gersham or Seraphim
grin Just show me, stop vomiting bile.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: These things are for our learning. You should understand that a Christian pays tithe not because the law demands it but because grace empowers us to give.The truth is it is only men of the Spirit that can actually see what God is saying in scripture.

men in which spirit..please don't lie on spirit. Paul will tell Timothy-

2 Timothy 2:15

King James Version (KJV)

Study
to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

study study study...i don't know what spirit is giving you this tithe revelation.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by DrummaBoy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
Zikkyy:

What he wants is for us to get in him a scripture that says "thou shall not tithe in the new testament O"; Just as he cannot give us a scripture in the NT that says "thou shall tithe in the NT O"

One would expect Bidam with all he knows to understand that scripture is for the spiritually discerned and should be rightly divided and applied. The debate in the NT was on whether Christian could be circumcised or not. The debate was well trashed out to show that Circumcision is not a NT practise. What the pro-tithers do not realize is that Circumcision and tithing could very well be substituted today for each other. Both of them were before the Law. But while circumcision was a clear command of God to Abraham in Genesis 17:9-14, there was never such a command from God, pre-law, for the tithe. So if circumcision could be done away with, how much more tithe? Both of them were found in Moses' law too.

Bidam, no one will find such a scripture for you; just as you will not find such a scripture yourself but make do with this ones and if you have any sanctified common sense you should find your answers in them

Act 15:1-2 And certain [men] came down from Judea and taught the brethren, "Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved."(they sound like Olaadegbu and his visions of hell) Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

Act 15:10-11 - "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ [fn] we shall be saved in the same manner as they."

Act 15:24 - Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, (the ministry of coercing to devotion through fear) saying, "[You must] be circumcised and keep the law" [fn]--to whom we gave no [such] commandment--

Col 2:16-17: So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.

Gal 5:1 ΒΆ Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Gal 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised (or if you tithe) , Christ shall profit you nothing.

Gal 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised (or tithe), that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Gal 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace(And this is a great indictement).

Forgive my shabby manner of qouting these scriptures I am just learnig to use the facilities Goshen gave me. But there are the scriptures.

I call any pro-tither to show me there is a distinction btw circumcision and tithing; and pls don't bring the stale argument of males being circumcised today. I was circumcised but certainly not on the eight day; nor was it according to Mosaic law. It was for health reasons.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by shdemidemi(m): 3:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: grin Just show me, stop vomiting bile.

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;

the verse did not say unto everyone that pay tithe or obey the mosaic law. Tithing, circumcission and all the contents within the mosaic law were rituals to make the Jews righteous before God. Christ paid the price and all was finished on the cross.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by PastorKun(m): 3:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
shdemidemi:
study study study...i don't know what spirit is giving you this tithe revelation.

It must be an evil spirit.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
wink so after all the running up and down. No One is able to show me from scripture that tithe was abolished. I rest my case.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by PastorKun(m): 4:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: wink so after all the running up and down. No One is able to show me from scripture that tithe was abolished. I rest my case.

We have pointed out to you and your cohorts on several occassions that tithes was clearly anulled, abolished and even ridiculed in hebrews 7:5-18. It's obvious you know this truth but you keep asking your daft question to give an impression tithing is still required for believers.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
Pastor Kun:

We have pointed out to you and your cohorts on several occassions that tithes was clearly anulled, abolished and even ridiculed in hebrews 7:5-18. It's obvious you know this truth but you keep asking your daft question to give an impression tithing is still required for believers.
Oh! Hebrews 7 : 5-18 actually buttressed and expounded the need for believers to tithe. Thank you for your contribution sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Pastors Riot Against Anglican Bishop, Close Down Church In Sapele (Video) / Spell To Become A Mermaid When You Touch Water / Pastor Caught With Fetish Materials Buried In The Compound Of His House (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.