Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church (48305 Views)

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Tithes And Offerings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by gerald09(m): 12:22pm On Mar 03, 2013
All uz saying tithes shuld be giving to the church ® ryt d bible did say dat but changing who Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ give these tithes to looks like d nxt option cos the so called "men of God" have change d way dey spend dem tithes, u don't buy 700 exotic cars for 1 man when 4million of God's people are living in abject poverty. Even if 1 can still give to the poor and still give d church, 80% of people dat pay tithes to church hardly give to d poor cos dey figure what's d point "if I pay to the man of God I'll b blessed according to d bible"
You so called "born again christians" believe dat if u love God n obey his prophet its okey to hate any1 dat doesn't share d same believe and as long as you pay ur tithes its okey not to give and help some1 who needs it.

The bible says LOVE UR LORD GOD WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT AND HEART and
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR the same way U LOVE URSLEF.
Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ only practice the former.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ogunsam75(m): 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus died and paid it all , we are no longer under the curse of the LAW.

"But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree" - Galatians 3:13

Bro! you have said it all, but some fool who believe they are bible scholar still hide under mosaic law to exploit money from people in the name of tithe

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by comely77(m): 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
Methink frosbel is on point, the Master himself said in as much as u ve done this to the least of my people, u have done it unto me!!!... Whatever, church people bandy about, I'd rather help a needy arround for the sake of God. Church or not, its the way to go! 'Nuffsaid!

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by danny301: 12:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
Christianity is a way of life and one the major issue about Christianity is that it has to do with instructions... It's one thing to give yet it's another thing to give according to God's instructions. Tithes are not meant to be given to individuals as alms but to be paid to the Church authority... The Pastor is not God but he is God's man in the sanctuary so he decides how the tithes should be used...Every church need money to survive, and i think tithe is the major source of income of many churches ..... Follower-ship has to do with trust and loyalty and for any one to be a committed member of any church he must trust the leadership of the church to do right even with the money that comes to the church if you cannot trust and submit urself to the leadership of any church you certainly don't belong there....... If you want do alms-giving it mustn't be in church, it can be on the street or even in orphanage homes and it must not be with tithe, it can be ur whole salary or u can even sell ur house for that purpose, there is no big deal but teaching people to come to church and call out the need-dies and be giving them tithe is certain not one of God's command neither is it an acceptable way of doing good works....... I can see that many people are becoming unnecessarily obsessed about Pastors living fine as if pastors are not human beings.... In as much as i hate it when pastors make merchandise of their members for greediness yet we must accept the fact that pastors deserves good cars and even houses like other people.... If the hip-top artist and comedians that gather people to tell them practical lies and (dirty) jokes deserves good lives i feel the pastor that teaches people the way of eternal deserves more..... Many Pastors i know would definitely be doing better financially they were to follow their else-while careers.

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by sunnyt1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
Iv wanted to ask some questions abt tithe, pls i will prefer a real tither to respond.

1. Apart from the 10 commandments, God gave moses some other laws, like 87, which tithe is part of. Most of those laws have been nullified thanks to calvary. Now the question is; y does d church or pastors emphasize d tithe issue bt keep tellin us we are free frm d other laws?

2. The 2nd question is if tithe is of such high significance like we have bin made to believe, why didnt Jesus preach it? The only place Jesus mentiond tithe throughout his stay on earth, he refered to tithe as a religious observation.

3. The original or early churches like Catholic dnt emphasize tithes, y shd the new generational make people feel lik dey wont make heaven if dey dnt pay tithe?

4. We are new testament christians and the new testament was very clear abt giving to the poor, widow, etc. The bible says no one shd give under compulsion. Why are the new generation pastors making us contradict d gospel?

Mind you, i pay my tithe every month, i believe is a key to unlocking heavenly blessings

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by violent(m): 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
In my experience, since i landed in Oyinbo land, I haven't been to a single church where tithing is preached, which is why you see all dem Oyinbo are living in Poverty and poor health because they refuse to part with a tenth of their earnings. Compare that with what applies in my homeland, where tithing is aggressively preached and the people of God prospereth in abundant wealth, and health. Hallelujah somebady!!!!

For those of you who for one reason or the other are unable to make it to church on Sundays, you can be forgiven for this, but just so you don't miss out on the opportunity to bring a tenth of your offerings to the Lord, I will be setting up an e-payment account where you could forward your payments for onward passage to the Lord of Hosts. Can i get a "humm humm humm humm"? Can i get an amen somebaddy!!!!

Do not ignore this message!! Remember, the Lord has promised and He will do it, can i get an Amen Somebaddy!! He said, he shall open up the gates of heaven and pour our blessings. Somebaddy say "POUR"!!! say "POUR". Yes, yesss, i can feel it!!!

4 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Fr0sbel: 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
The Believers Share Their Possessions

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need. - [b]Acts 4:32-35[/b]

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Gbogu: 12:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!

Deuteronomy 26:12-13 says "Every third year give the tithe- a tenth of your crops-to the Levites, the foreigners, the orphans, and the widows, so that in every community they will have all they need to eat...."

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by wazobiaforu(m): 12:47pm On Mar 03, 2013
Now i bliv people have sealed their mind to the little they know or told or brainwashed.

GOSHEN GOSHEN GOSHEN you have real knowledge about this tith and you try to back up your words with Bible teaching but the blinds refuses to see

People are not ready to listen to anybody again apart from their G.O

If G.O by tomorrow nullify tith then they will all say Daddy is correct

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Oahray: 12:49pm On Mar 03, 2013
On point Frosbel! On point. Tithing belonged to the Mosaic law and was to be given to the Levites, priests, widows and orphans. The duty of the priests and levites in the temple made it necessary since they did not plant or harvest like the other tribes.

Jesus as high priest sacrificed himself once and for all time for mankind. Hence there is no priestly or levitical class any more. Who then is the tithe to be payed to? Pastors? What was their equivalent in the Mosaic law?

Read Hebrews chapter 7. Tithing passed away with the Mosaic law. The New Testament even says that God loves a CHEERFUL giver but speaks nothing of an obligation to pay tithes. Jesus said that 'he who feed and clothes his brother in need' is doing it for him (Jesus), still not the slightest reference to tithes.

If Jesus did not require it and Paul after mentioning Abraham tithing and the Israelites paying tithes to the levites said the Mosaic law has passed away, are advocates of tithing Christians or Judaists?

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by bigblow(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hey folks,read Hebrews 7:1-28...
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by violent(m): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
graluxxy054: I don't know y people like creating problems for themselves. I don't know y people like involving themselves in things that does not concern them? Leave God and pastors matter alone before you incur Gods wrath upon yourself. Don't add or subtract anything to/from the Bible. I've read my Bible and I've not seen where God instructed us to give our offerings and tithes to the poor. If u want to give to the poor, do it the right way and at the right time. Stop twisting Gods word to suit yourself and situation!

If you're in d league of those that tell people things that are not in d Bible, desist from it now cos God will hold u responsible for every soul you mislead

Religion, they say, is the opium of the people, and this poster has sure had more than a fair dose.

God will hold me responsible for advocating that my Pastor does not need another JET, nor my church a new building, nor the assistant Pastor a fourth car?

I become truly angry each time someone says some BS about incuring God's wrath once you begin to ask questions. Sometime ago, an iidiot, told me something will happen to me within six months for calling a slap-giving Bishop a mad Bully, more than a year after, i've kept pushing forward in everything like a determined nuclear tipped torpedo.

You religionists should really give up painting God as an unpleasant character of fiction - an unforgiving control freak; a vindictive, capriciously malevolent bully.

God is not a model of human frailty. He'd surely not strike me dead because i think it is ugly and disgusting for a single man to take the collective earnings of thousands of others in the name of God and use same to purchase vanity, while there are millions of mouth which knoweth not where there first meal of the day will come from??

You have a mind, a brain and thoughts to think, create and question logic, it is why you were created in God's image in the first place.

13 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by FEMIMACRO(m): 12:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=danny301]Christianity is a way of life and one the major issue about Christianity is that it has to do with instructions... It's one thing to give yet it's another thing to give according to God's instructions. Tithes are not meant to be given to individuals as alms but to be paid to the Church authority... The Pastor is not God but he is God's man in the sanctuary so he decides how the tithes should be used...Every church need money to survive, and i think tithe is the major source of income of many churches ..... Follower-ship has to do with trust and loyalty and for any one to be a committed member of any church he must trust the leadership of the church to do right even with the money that comes to the church if you cannot trust and submit urself to the leadership of any church you certainly don't belong there....... If you want do alms-giving it mustn't be in church, it can be on the street or even in orphanage homes and it must not be with tithe, it can be ur whole salary or u can even sell ur house for that purpose, there is no big deal but teaching people to come to church and call out the need-dies and be giving them tithe is certain not one of God's command neither is it an acceptable way of doing good works....... I can see that many people are becoming unnecessarily obsessed about Pastors living fine as if pastors are not human beings.... In as much as i hate it when pastors make merchandise of their members for greediness yet we must accept the fact that pastors deserves good cars and even houses like other people.... If the hip-top artist and comedians that gather people to tell them practical lies and (dirty) jokes deserves good lives i feel the pastor that teaches people the way of eternal deserves more..... Many Pastors i know would definitely be doing better financially they were to follow their else-while careers. Christianity is a way of life and one the major issue about Christianity is that it has to do with instructions... It's one thing to give yet it's another thing to give according to God's instructions. Tithes are not meant to be given to individuals as alms but to be paid to the Church authority... The Pastor is not God but he is God's man in the sanctuary so he decides how the tithes should be used...Every church need money to survive, and i think tithe is the major source of income of many churches ..... Follower-ship has to do with trust and loyalty and for any one to be a committed member of any church he must trust the leadership of the church to do right even with the money that comes to the church if you cannot trust and submit urself to the leadership of any church you certainly don't belong there....... If you want do alms-giving it mustn't be in church, it can be on the street or even in orphanage homes and it must not be with tithe, it can be ur whole salary or u can even sell ur house for that purpose, there is no big deal but teaching people to come to church and call out the need-dies and be giving them tithe is certain not one of God's command neither is it an acceptable way of doing good works....... I can see that many people are becoming unnecessarily obsessed about Pastors living fine as if pastors are not human beings.... In as much as i hate it when pastors make merchandise of their members for greediness yet we must accept the fact that pastors deserves good cars and even houses like other people.... If the hip-top artist and comedians that gather people to tell them practical lies and (dirty) jokes deserves good lives i feel the pastor that teaches people the way of eternal deserves more..... Many Pastors i know would definitely be doing better financially they were to follow their else-while careers.
1). Tithes can be given as alms: Deut 14: 22-29, Deut 26: 12-13.
2). True Religion is by helping the Needy in their afflictions: James1: 26-27. I Wonder why Tithing wasn't given a mention.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by sunnyt1(m): 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
Fr0sbel: The Believers Share Their Possessions

32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need. - [b]Acts 4:32-35[/b]

This is d gospel pastors will neva preach and i hv issue wit dos blindfolded pastors followers.

The bible is accessible to all of us, dis is nt like in islam wia only a fraction of d congregation can read or understnd Arabic

If u still wait for ur pastor to tell u the next tin 2 do or hw to live ur life, u are nt growin.

5 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by ogunsam75(m): 1:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
sunny t:
Iv wanted to ask some questions abt tithe, pls i will prefer a real tither to respond.

1. Apart from the 10 commandments, God gave moses some other laws, like 87, which tithe is part of. Most of those laws have been nullified thanks to calvary. Now the question is; y does d church or pastors emphasize d tithe issue bt keep tellin us we are free frm d other laws?

2. The 2nd question is if tithe is of such high significance like we have bin made to believe, why didnt Jesus preach it? The only place Jesus mentiond tithe throughout his stay on earth, he refered to tithe as a religious observation.

3. The original or early churches like Catholic dnt emphasize tithes, y shd the new generational make people feel lik dey wont make heaven if dey dnt pay tithe?

4. We are new testament christians and the new testament was very clear abt giving to the poor, widow, etc. The bible says no one shd give under compulsion. Why are the new generation pastors making us contradict d gospel?

Mind you, i pay my tithe every month, i believe is a key to unlocking heavenly blessings

where are the so call pastors and the bible scholars on Nairaland to answer those questions!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Carius(m): 1:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
Tithing came before the law.when u tithe,u're circumcising ur money Ãήϑ setting it apart unto God.u've given him d legal right to intervene on ur behalf.u can never beat God giving.whoever gives his tithe to d poor Ãήϑ needy is on his own...nothing is too big to give to God.some people have this warped belief that giving to God means they're giving to the pastor;that lie is from d pit of hell.LIFE IS SPIRITUAL.walk with God according to what he said,not according to ur sense knowledge.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by cecegorz(m): 1:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel: This Sunday in Church , take your 'Tithes' and Offerings to Church.

When the service gets to the Malachi 3 session, look for anyone around you who has real needs, and give your tithes and offerings to them.

Better still ask the ushers or pastors to ask the following people to come forward :

- Mothers who do not know where the next meal for the family will come from
- Fathers who have lost their Jobs
- Widows who have no husbands
- Orphans who have no parents.
- Students who are barely eating talk less of paying school fees
- Those who wear rags or who have no shoes
- the homeless and destitute.

Do not give it to the ushers or take it to the front of the church , give it to these people, these are GOD's children who have real needs, yes, they are the ones who need your money, your spare clothes and shoes, extra cars etc.

I repeat, do not give a dime to your church or pastor and let us see how they will react !!!!
My brother, I don't know your motives for this advise but this is false teaching at it's best!
ONLY priests (pastors) receive tithes.
Tithes is only one type of giving, it doesn't stop you from doing the rest.
The scripture is clear about giving to your parents, fellow brethren, the poor and the needy, and other Just causes.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Oahray: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
cecegorz:
My brother, I don't know your motives for this advise but this is false teaching at it's best!
ONLY priests (pastors) receive tithes.
Tithes is only one type of giving, it doesn't stop you from doing the rest.
The scripture is clear about giving to your parents, fellow brethren, the poor and the needy, and other Just causes.
pastors are not the equivalent of priests. Jesus replaced the priest class and offered an everlasting sacrifice with his shed blood. The bible says so at Hebrews 7:1-28.

Stop this misinformation!

5 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
Reference:

That is a deliberate disobedience of scripture and you know the consequences. Tithes and offerings go to 'His store house that there may be meat (provisions) in His house'. Not to anyone's pocket.

Question : Where is GOD's storehouse ?

If you say the TEMPLE, well the Temple was destroyed in 70ad.

If you say your church then you are lying because GOD does not dwell in physical buildings but in the temple which is his People.

"Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?" - 1 Corinthians 3:16

Secondly this meat you keep talking about, can you kindly tell us if GOD eats MEAT ? Is MEAT not meant for the poor and needy among us.

In other words, in the era of the levitival priesthood, agricultural produce was sent to the storehouse for distributing to , and for , the feeding of the priests , the poor , widows , orphans and foreigners.

By the way , there is no levitical priesthood today just in case you call you pastors Levites, we , the children of GOD are the priests of GOD , all of us , not just a select few , and Jesus us our high preist.

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light." - 1 Peter 2:9

Tithes and offerings are provisions to keep His house functional. The running of the church, the propagation of the gospel.

LIE !!

Nowhere in the bible is the Tithe meant for the purpose you just described, you obviously do not know your bible.

Jesus did not dip his hands into the treasury to feed the multitude. He rather took another seperate purpose driven specific offering of five loaves and two fishes for that.

Hmm, maybe that was because he was not the temple treasurer. Also Jesus threw those charlatans out of the temple because just like today they had turned his house into a place of merchandise.

"And to those who had been selling doves he said: “Take these things out of here, and do not make my Father's house a house of trade.” - John 2:16

Many false MOG have turned their fellowships into places of trade, business centers, places to network and link up with those who have the cash and power.

The early church in Acts encouraged people to contribute for distribution. No where on record do you see tithes being distributed.

That is because no one paid tithes in the early church , so it was never mentioned, I wonder why ?

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
Me sef no dey kukuma dey pay tithe give anybody and Baba God still dey bless me...

Same God wey create Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc...still dey bless everybody, whether you dey pay tithe or not...

4 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Goshen360(m): 1:21pm On Mar 03, 2013
Many Christians don't know the Malachi 3 verses that pastors use to coerce them into parting with 10% of their income is NEVER written or addressed to Christians. This is NOT to mean Christians should not give - Christians are to give to the advancement of the Gospel in WHATEVER THEY HAVE AND CHEERFULLY. This is what brings blessings on you as Christians.

Malachi 3:9-10 was addressed to the priests who were stealing God's tithe. Pastors lift that verse out of context to apply it to Christians. Study Malachi in context (it doesn't take up to 1 hour) and you will understand it wasn't talking to Christians. God was rebuking Israel and later in Chapter 2,

Malachi 2:1, And now, O ye priests, this commandment [is] for you. AND Malachi 3:3 still mentions "sons of Levi". It was to the "O ye priests" of Malachi 2:1 that was carried into chapter 3. God wasn't addressing the Church of Jesus Christ.

Again, the tithe teaching to the church is religious scam in the body of Christ. It is NOT EVEN DONE IN THE BIBLICAL WAY BUT HEBREWS 7 ENDED TITHING.

How is biblical tithe done to the people (Israel) it was commanded to? Lemme show you from scriptures.

to be continue below

3 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
lovejo: Tithe is for house of God and invariably to pastor, but only pastor that work full-time in the house of God, that is according to old testament.
In new testament you bring what you can afford to assist less privilege in the church, it can be les or more than 10 percent, but at the end of the day not a member of the church should go back home without knowing what to eat.
I will support the opinion of the poster, but he put it forward in the wrong way through tithe. Tithe is not relevant to new testament, but pastors this days sow their skills and knowledge their this-days than the bible itself.

The Pastor needs to get a JOB, Paul worked etc.

The Church is not a welfare state for just anybody, it is to meet the needs of the needy , not the rich.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by anonimi: 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
Acidosis:

The tithe is for him! Alone? Ask your Pastor i/c. He's God's sheperd on earth. If God wanted you to control "tithes" and decide who to give, he would have made you a PASTOR!

You obviously do not know what you are talking about in your bold question above.
Even under the Old Testament, which is no longer applicable to CHRISTians as Jesus "fulfilled" the law, we are told:

22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God,
in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee:
25 Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose:
26 And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household,
27 And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

[url=http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=deuteronomy+14%3A+22-29&ver=kjv]Deuteronomy[/url]

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Mintayo(m): 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

when i saw this post,i went straight to see the poster and i wasnt surprised!

If you want to pay your tithe to the poor or whoever but stop tellin ppl what is wrong,stop telling them what is not in the Bible,stop misleading ppl and placing a curse on yourself and your generations to come-there is a differnt between offering and tithe please!
Tithe is for God,and what your do with the tithe is not your business,yours is to pay and let God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by cecegorz(m): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
frosbel: " You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." - Galatians 5:4
Tithes has absolutely nothing to do with the LAW.
Abraham, our father paid tithes to the high priest Melchizedek, showing us that this is a spiritual act of worship. This was centuries before Moses and the Law came into existence.
When you give your tithe, even though it is received and even spent by your pastor, reckon it a vow to God who is your true source.
If your Pastor unworthily uses the tithes like the children of Priest Eli who were using prongs to eat out of the sacrifial meet, God himself will judge him.
The people that sacrificed the meats eaten by Eli's children went home rejoicing, having fulfilled their obligation, they never went back to demand from the Priest, how the sacrifices were shared.

1 Like

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by gerald09(m): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: Hebrews 7:11 begins to draw a contrast between levitical priesthood being imperfect and the need for another priesthood in the pattern or order of Melchizedek and no longer after the order of Aaron.

Hebrews 7:12 mentions when the priesthood (of Levi) is CHANGED, there MUST also be change of the law. The question is what law MUST be changed? It is the entire law governing the Levitical priesthood that is changed. If the priesthood if changed from order of Aaron to order of Melchizedek, this change MUST also necessitate change of law governing the priesthood of Levi\Aaron.

Hebrews 7:13-15, the writer makes it clear he was talking about Christ but using the order of Melchizedek to illustrate or drive home his revelation. How do we know this? The context says, Christ descended from the tribe of Judah, not tribe of Levi that operates under the Levitical priesthood. And he says, it is far more evidence that another priest arise after the similitude of Melchizedek, which Christ took after, not after the order of Aaron.

Hebrews 7:16 says, "Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life". This is the SECOND use of the word 'commandment' in this context of Hebrews 7. Remember the first was in verse 5 and it was to COLLECT TITHE. This second commandment, we need to know what it is specified for - it is the requirement\condition for being able to serve among the Levitical priesthood - One MUST be from the TRIBE OF LEVI. Otherwise, such cannot serve under the levitical priesthood. That's the essence of the phrase, "WHO IS MADE..." in that context. Therefore, in all, we have the word 'commandment' EQUALS to TWO SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS - to take tithe and to be made a Levitical. priesthood.

Hebrews 7:18. This is the verse that CANCELS tithing in the New Testament. This is where tithe and tithing ENDED under the covenant of Grace of our Lord Jesus. The verse says, "For there is verily a DISANNULLING of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof".

Question: What commandment is disannulled? The writer already used the word 'commandment' to point to TWO specific instructions and he didn't use the commandment in plural for both cases\usage; he used them in singular form, without -s. The third usage of the word 'commandment' is also in singular not plural. Here is what we need to understand. When the law was given to Moses, it was 613 laws contained in the one package called the law (singular) of Moses such as John 1:17, it says law (SINGULAR) was given by Moses. The same applies in this context, the word 'commandment' is taken as ONE or as WHOLE point to two instructions as already used in context.

When it says there is verily a DISANNULLING of the COMMANDMENT going BEFORE and the commandment is to TAKE TITHE (verse 5) and TO BE MADE A LEVITICAL PRIESTHOOD (verse 16). The disannullment MUST therefore include COMMANDMENT to TAKE TITHE BY LEVITES AND TO BE MADE A LEVITE because these are the two usage or point to the specific instruction that the commandment does in this context. Some false teachers says, it is ONLY the commandment in verse 16 that is disannulled. I called that false interpretation of scriptures. It CANNOT cancel one commandment and leave the other while it uses commandment (SINGULAR) to mean TWO THINGS or TWO INSTRUCTIONS. This will be wrongly dividing the word of truth.

Another question we need to ask those who says it was ONLY the priesthood that was set aside or cancelled is that, if the tithe was commandment to the Levitical priesthood and they say it is the priesthood that is disanulled in verse 18, then does the tithe still remain? The people that the tithe was commandment to be given to are disanulled, it automatically means the tithe itself is disannulled along together with the people (Levitical Priesthood), if that is their argument. There is no logical explanation that those commandment to take tithe is disannulled but the tithe remains. This is abuse of scriptural interpretation.

Thank you so much for this, I have always believed that most pastors never really explain the bible the way its meant to be explained. The bible also allowed room for change cos of society believe, culture and tradition. Thank you.
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by esere826: 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
smiley
The tithers
anti-tithers
and noise makers

*sipping a glassy of henessy*
"he whom the Son hath set free, is indeed FREE"

2 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by 2sexynet: 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2013
Goshen360: Still jogging and warming up at the sideline....waiting to set the tithe captives free.... grin

When religion and false teachers say pay tithe and them needy come show up, they will say...I have already given my tithe to God through the church but o heard our Lord say, if you do it to these ones, you do it to me.

PLease, get me the very verse of the bolded.

I have something to say but I cant remember that particular verse. No doubt, the bible has been twisted and distorted.

The truth is that how we give also affect our progress in life... God knows this. I am one who take pleasure, so much pleasure, to give people I do not know.

Till date, people still wonder how I completed my HND without my parents.

The bible says, Give and Ye Shall Receive... Everything I have recieved from 2009 till date are from strangers and people who are not even related to me by blood. I really dont want to go into details but the recent one is a Job prospect. It is currently on now and by God's grace, it will be solved before I finish my NYSC which is starting by Tuesday...

Why am I saying this? if you think you will only be bless or more blessed when you give to your pastor, you dont know what you are missing...

I have helped a total stranger with transport money and 3 days later, I didnt pay a dime till I got home.

I have given a total stranger some valuable information and receieved some kinds from another total stranger some days later....

I could go on and on like that...

Give to people you do not know, people in need, people whom you know cant bless you or reward you back and see God''s work in your life...

I have been blessed in many ways by people who I do not because I have helped people who I do not know...

6 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2013
Mintayo:

when i saw this post,i went straight to see the poster and i wasnt surprised!

If you want to pay your tithe to the poor or whoever but stop tellin ppl what is wrong,stop telling them what is not in the Bible,stop misleading ppl and placing a curse on yourself and your generations to come-there is a differnt between offering and tithe please!
Tithe is for God,and what your do with the tithe is not your business,yours is to pay and let God bless you!

God does not eat Tithes and Offerings , it all goes into the account of the church and they use it to buy Jets, build bigger temples , enrich the rich and throw away some crumbs to the poor.

Mate, don't get me started this afternoon, Is GOD a money doubler ? You think the church is a bingo hall or casino where you put 10 Naira and God throws back 1000 Naira or gives you a wive or a husband, maybe a bigger house , probably a better car etc.

God blesses hard work not laziness.

Money lovers with their itching ears, no wonder they are deceived.

6 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2013
2sexy.net:

PLease, get me the very verse of the bolded.

I have something to say but I cant remember that particular verse. No doubt, the bible has been twisted and distorted.

The truth is that how we give also affect our progress in life... God knows this. I am one who take pleasure, so much pleasure, to give people I do not know.

Till date, people still wonder how I completed my HND without my parents.

The bible says, Give and Ye Shall Receive... Everything I have recieved from 2009 till date are from strangers and people who are not even related to me by blood. I really dont want to go into details but the recent one is a Job prospect. It is currently on now and by God's grace, it will be solved before I finish my NYSC which is starting by Tuesday...

Why am I saying this? if you think you will only be bless or more blessed when you give to your pastor, you dont know what you are missing...

I have helped a total stranger with transport money and 3 days later, I didnt pay a dime till I got home.

I have given a total stranger some valuable information and receieved some kinds from another total stranger some days later....

I could go on and on like that...

Give to people you do not know, people in need, people whom you know cant bless you or reward you back and see God''s work in your life...

I have been blessed in many ways by people who I do not because I have helped people who I do not know...

AMEN to this !!

100,000 likes.

4 Likes

Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Mintayo(m): 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2013
[PortHarcourtBoy]Me sef no dey kukuma dey pay tithe give anybody and Baba God still dey bless me...

Same God wey create Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc...still dey bless everybody, whether you dey pay tithe or not...[/quote]

God has not been really blessing you,blessing is not been limited to money along,it goes a long way than that;what you enjoy when you pay tithe is protection,provision,insight,wisdom etc!
Re: Give Your 'Tithes' And Offerings To The Less Fortunate In Church by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
cecegorz:
Tithes has absolutely nothing to do with the LAW.
Abraham, our father

ehmm, he paid tithes not on his wealth but on the WAR Booty. Read your bible again.

And he paid it once , not every month or even year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Pastors Riot Against Anglican Bishop, Close Down Church In Sapele (Video) / Spell To Become A Mermaid When You Touch Water / Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.