Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,066 members, 7,828,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her (940 Views)

Yes! I Told Him Openly That I Like It / I Like Her But She's Dangerously Obsessed With Luv / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by olagood(m): 12:22pm On Mar 20, 2008
hey yall,

Pls dont diss me on this, its just that I'm outa words with what to do right now.

Pls I need some candid advice.

thanks.

There this girl 'B' that has been bothering my mind now for like 2-months etc. 'Bothering', I mean I like her and she's always on my mind etc., I can hardly get her out of my mind. God knows, I like her.

Shes in my place of work and anytime I see her, my heart just begins thumping, its like I should say something, but I just get so panicky that I just say 'hi/hello' and pass by. Later I begin scolding myself, u know,

I'll really like to walk up to her and say something nice, tell her I like her or whatver, but really im out of words, besides I dont know how she would react or if she'll laugh me off or whatever,

The problem is i'm quite shy, reserved and 'over-professional' (thats what someone said), never really 'toasted'(using local slangs) a lady before.

I really dont know what manner of approach to take, how to talk to her or even what to say to start with. Ive tried / to no avail to find out if shes in a relationship etc., - pehaps maybe it would ease out my thinking about her.

Is it right and 'current'(I dont want to appear old-skool or something) to tell her I like her, i mean, "I like you' - plain and simple?

can I ask if she has a boyfriend already?

I wont want to embarrass her and myself but, honestly I dont know what to do.

im 30. Ive read many books on this kinda things, but its not helping. pls I need some advice.

thanks
Ola
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by iice(f): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2008
Are you male or female? undecided
Be prepared next time you see her and tell her what you want to tell her directly or indirectly
Be prepared too, to be blown off. . .
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by micklplus(m): 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2008
Really, what are u? male or transgendered? maleshe or female?
Your I.D says you are a girl but your write up says you are a 30 year old man!
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by tngtech(m): 1:24pm On Mar 20, 2008
No she is a lesbia  grin (i guess not or maybe am right).
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by opokonwa(m): 1:26pm On Mar 20, 2008
undecided
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by Kashif(m): 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2008
@All, I think this young man needs help, not all these cross questioning and demoralising responses.

Nobody is a above mistake so, he could have possibly erred in his profile. Please ignore whatever (even though I see "m" next to his id) and post constructively.

@Poster, you dont have to ask her if she is in a relationship as this might not sit well with her. Since you see her on daily basis, try and go beyond the "hello/hi" greeting. Notice her dressing, mood, hairstyle, whatever that could avail you the opportunity to exchange one or two sentences beyond "hello". Women are hyper sensitive to restless men and I am sure you might blow things if you rush her. Relax and see how advantageous it is, to be able to make a move and have nothing to lose, absolutely.

My 2 cents though. Cheers and goodluck cool
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by lightest(m): 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2008
men, I quite inderstand you so much but i will like to know how old you really are.  Anyway, i will like to tell ou to wake up from your sleep as she might be feeling the same towards you. If you still can't wake up, then, she is not for you as smart guys will soon be kissing and fucking her right on your desk.  my guy the kind gut wey you get ask millions of people this kind question should be the kind gut to face the girl. Abi she dey carry fire pot for head or abi she b Yaradua picking
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by olagood(m): 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ all,

u mean my profile is showing (f), im Male, my ID isnt showing me(f), how come its showing u guys Female, or maybe its the fault of the forum, i just joined today.

@kashif,

thanks for the infos. U mean giving her some compliments, etc. ok, thanks. So like I compliment her outlook etc., today/tomorrow and then, 'the sentences beyond the hello',
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by amuki: 8:48pm On Mar 20, 2008
Olagood,
Am glad you were honest enough to tell us your problem which I also share making us birds of the same feathers,right?Well in this situation films are not going to help you,books fill you with theories.Man you got to be courageous.Allow your feet to take you to your heart.No one slaps you for letting your feelings known!Well goodluck!
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by 4Him(m): 8:52pm On Mar 20, 2008
noooo o. Olagood, never start by asking her if she has a boyfriend . . . what if she says yes? Your demeanour will betray your intentions to her.
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by coolestboy(m): 9:27am On Jun 23, 2011
Kashif:

@All, I think this young man needs help, not all these cross questioning and demoralising responses.

Nobody is a above mistake so, he could have possibly erred in his profile. Please ignore whatever (even though I see "m" next to his id) and post constructively.

@Poster, you dont have to ask her if she is in a relationship as this might not sit well with her. Since you see her on daily basis, try and go beyond the "hello/hi" greeting. Notice her dressing, mood, hairstyle, whatever that could avail you the opportunity to exchange one or two sentences beyond "hello". Women are hyper sensitive to restless men and I am sure you might blow things if you rush her. Relax and see how advantageous it is, to be able to make a move and have nothing to lose, absolutely.

My 2 cents though. Cheers and goodluck cool
me sef need help oo. It takes me 3 to 6 mths 2 make my self known.
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by SUKURU(m): 11:03am On Jun 23, 2011
guy she on go kill you is either she say yes or no or as they alway say i will think about it, like say they left their mind at home grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by ekel101: 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2011

Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her
« #5 on: March 20, 2008, 03:01 PM »

My 2 cents though. Cheers and goodluck Cool

Nice one , let me just add this to it,

Any time you see her, smile try and be friendly for example offer a handshake ask about how she is as in How are you, How was your night, How was your weekend? etc

As a shy type try that for a couple of days, from there some other forms of discussion will come up, Try to be plain and simple as possibe.

Mind you dont ask too many question, and for a start dont ask personal questions like do you have a boy friend, or stuffs, Just show u are caring and interested in her.

Ask for her phone number, Call her at the close of work daily to know how she is, Dont talk too much so that u wont look boring.

Ask her for a date and man dont think of what to say,

When you get there thank her for coming ask question about her life like where she grew up and stuff.
:
Along the discussion tell her about how you feel about her, I mean tell her "the way the thing dey do u"

That you love her and would loved her to be part of your life.

i could be of help sha not that im a professional but send me a mail "ekelvictor at yahoo .com"
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by HURUCHI(m): 12:12pm On Jun 23, 2011
by simply saying to her i like u
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by newguy1(m): 5:50am On Jun 24, 2011
when next u say hi compliment her or appearance dat will open up room 4 u guy 2 talk
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by newguy1(m): 5:51am On Jun 24, 2011
when next u say hi compliment her or appearance dat will open up room 4 u guy 2 talk
Re: How Can I Tell A Girl I Like Her by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 24, 2011
olagood:

hey yall,

Pls dont diss me on this, its just that I'm outa words with what to do right now.

Pls I need some candid advice.

thanks.

There this girl 'B' that has been bothering my mind now for like 2-months etc. 'Bothering', I mean I like her and she's always on my mind etc., I can hardly get her out of my mind. God knows, I like her.

Shes in my place of work and anytime I see her, my heart just begins thumping, its like I should say something, but I just get so panicky that I just say 'hi/hello' and pass by. Later I begin scolding myself, u know,

I'll really like to walk up to her and say something nice, tell her I like her or whatver, but really im out of words, besides I dont know how she would react or if she'll laugh me off or whatever,

The problem is i'm quite shy, reserved and 'over-professional' (thats what someone said), never really 'toasted'(using local slangs) a lady before.

I really dont know what manner of approach to take, how to talk to her or even what to say to start with. Ive tried / to no avail to find out if shes in a relationship etc., - pehaps maybe it would ease out my thinking about her.

Is it right and 'current'(I dont want to appear old-skool or something) to tell her I like her, i mean, "I like you' - plain and simple?

can I ask if she has a boyfriend already?

I wont want to embarrass her and myself but, honestly I dont know what to do.

im 30. Ive read many books on this kinda things, but its not helping. pls I need some advice.

thanks
Ola
you are a transgendered grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Sex In Marriage: How Important? / Re: Who Will Your Val Be? / Why Women Want Guys To Come To Them:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.