Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad (54233 Views)

Post Pictures/ Profile Of Notable Nigerians Who Attended Your University. / Helpful Tips For Newly Admitted Students / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by papyskinsy: 11:15pm On Mar 03, 2016
pls is ok to study for yur msc comp. in noida interntnal uni.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 8:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
Good evening room.. Please any guru in the room urgent question.
Is it advisable to study environmental science or Geology outside Nigeria? Country like Canada?
Thanks
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Mediapace: 11:09pm On Mar 21, 2016
More than advisable
SLEEMYDRIZ:
Good evening room.. Please any guru in the room urgent question.
Is it advisable to study environmental science or Geology outside Nigeria? Country like Canada?
Thanks
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by SLEEMYDRIZ(m): 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2016
Mediapace:
More than advisable
Thanks man
Pls can you outline some concrete reason why it's advisable Bro?
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by chaiks: 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2016
Hello guys. Kudos for your questions and responses. It's been informative I must say. Please I want to ask if one with a cgpa of 4.49 in international studies can get full masters funding in either UK, Denmark or Australian universities.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 11:48am On May 27, 2016
chaiks:
Hello guys. Kudos for your questions and responses. It's been informative I must say. Please I want to ask if one with a cgpa of 4.49 in international studies can get fulil masters funding in either UK, Denmark or Australian universities.

Hi Chaiks, it is not easy to receive a scholarship. in the UK, the best they will do for you is offer you a discount; maybe 3,000 - 4,000 pounds off, i do not know about Universities in Denmark. and Australian Unis rarely offer. I am an education consultant so we have a lot of unis we work with.
It is not easy to get a scholarship, not these days.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 11:54am On May 27, 2016
SLEEMYDRIZ:

Thanks man
Pls can you outline some concrete reason why it's advisable Bro?

What level do you want to study it? Canada rarely accepts international students for Masters course without a pre-masters program. However it also depends on your university score.
If it is for an undergraduate degree, they also advise students start with pre-university. However this also depends on the age.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 12:01pm On May 27, 2016
papyskinsy:
pls is ok to study for yur msc comp. in noida interntnal uni.

You might as well study in Dubai. Universities in Dubai or the UAE generally are more recognised than India. I am an education consultant, so I know a bit too much about universities and studying around the world.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by chaiks: 5:50pm On May 27, 2016
Thanks @chiomaxoxo.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by number5(m): 12:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Chiomaxoxo:

You might as well study in Dubai. Universities in Dubai or the UAE generally are more recognised than India. I am an education consultant, so I know a bit too much about universities and studying around the world.

hello chioma..i still need help with these even though u said little about it in one of your replies.

am a 2.1 graduate of zoology, just finished service and intend to further straight up for masters,,is there any scholarship obtainable for me to run the masters FREE abroad??..and can you give me more suggestions on weda it's worth it to run my masters abroad regarding my course of study..tnx
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by g8662: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2016
Tell me! What do you have?

Never mind, cos it doesn’t matter.

What matters is that you didn’t get an F.

As long as you have a secondary high school certificate that is valid and accredited in your country or internationally, you can use it to apply for admission and scholarship to study at top-ranking universities in Europe.

I said as long as you didn’t get an F, because there are merit-based and location-based scholarships available for bachelor, masters and PhD students. The higher your grades, the better your chances of winning a merit-based scholarship; the location-based scholarship is independent of your academic grades; it is based on your country. See the list here -- http://cyprusuni.com/full-scholarship-to-study-abroad-in-cyprus-category-for-100-scholarship/

Admission and Scholarship applications are free.

*IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other.
* SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
* SCHOOL FEES IS PAID PER SEMESTER
* ACCESS / OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
* EXCHANGE PROGRAMME AVAILABLE

See the list of degree course programs, admission requirements, application processes, scholarship, tuition fees, accommodations, living expenses, visa, flight, airport pickup and many more.... http://cyprusuni.com/top-ranking-universities-in-north-cyprus/

.............................................................................................................................................
.............................................................................................................................................

Announcement from the CyprusUni.com, the sponsors of this post

If you have any questions and enquiries please ask them here... http://cyprusuni.com/contact-us/

Are you looking to:

Study in top-ranking universities in Europe?
Win overseas scholarship to study abroad in Europe?
Prestigious, affordable universities in Europe?
Quality undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs?
Study in multi-cultural environment?
Admission to affordable bachelor/undergraduate, master or Phd abroad?
IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/JAMB – No SAT/GRE/GMAT, Not Required
IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other - Accepted.
and many more.

Then apply to study at top ranking european universities with scholarship ... http://cyprusuni.com/how-to-apply-for-admission-scholarships-for-international-students-and-cyprusuni-affiliate-program/

Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Cyprus International University (CIU), Near East University (NEU)
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
Hello,
Scholarships are extremely difficult to come by especially as you want a 'FULL SCHOLARSHIP'. Some Education Consultants will lie to you to collect your money for admission process. However, they won't be able to get you this admission. If you are looking for somewhere affordable to further your course, I will advise Dubai or Ireland; they are still very much relatively cheap.

Some Universities in the UK offer discount like 1,000-2,000 Pounds off tuition fees.

There is no point spending all that international school fees and then you end up studying in Ukraine or Cyprus just because it is cheaper. It is better to attend University at a well known country with good universities. If you require any further assistance I will be here to attend to you.

I feel it is always better for master abroad especially as your first degree was in Nigeria; studying your masters abroad will give you a better insight to your course. The honest truth is that the teaching curriculum here and abroad is totally different so it is excellent for broadening your knowledge more on Geology.

number5:

hello chioma..i still need help with these even though u said little about it in one of your replies.

am a 2.1 graduate of zoology, just finished service and intend to further straight up for masters,,is there any scholarship obtainable for me to run the masters FREE abroad??..and can you give me more suggestions on weda it's worth it to run my masters abroad regarding my course of study..tnx
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by mamaafrik(m): 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
May God bless you abundantly for helping people out ,mine is something weighty but i believe information is key to success and itz beta to seek advice from a more exposed person(which is you) than stay naive,my spiritual brother finished his OND 2011 in mechanical engineering (graduated with cgpa of 3.04 )from a federal poly,he proceeded(tru direct entry) to a federal uni but due to some family challenges coupled with finance issues,he finished wit 2.31/5.00 cgpa(though he is sound and practical oriented as i've rarely seen his type but we all knw success has no excuse),we are looking at OPTION 1, him studying abroad for post graduate studies or 2 use his OND to restart(he doesnt mind) ,we dont want him to be weighed down but d job discrimination against 3rd class grad. In nigeria as u knw is so potent, kindly advise,WHICH OF THE TWO OPTIONs IS BEST or beta still if there is any other way out,kindly help me on the schools names, duration any programme and itz financial implication,and other steps involved,thanks so much.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2016
Hello Mama Afrik!

This your own take style long! Haha!!
Because your brother has an OND, I will need to see his university transcripts in order to know which universities will accept him. We also have to consider his age and his history since he finished the OND.

You can send it as an email to the mail address in my office flyer attached below. There are some countries that accept OND and HND but they might ask for extra documentation.

So please send me an email and I will respond efficiently.

mamaafrik:
May God bless you abundantly for helping people out ,mine is something weighty but i believe information is key to success and itz beta to seek advice from a more exposed person(which is you) than stay naive,my spiritual brother finished his OND 2011 in mechanical engineering (graduated with cgpa of 3.04 )from a federal poly,he proceeded(tru direct entry) to a federal uni but due to some family challenges coupled with finance issues,he finished wit 2.31/5.00 cgpa(though he is sound and practical oriented as i've rarely seen his type but we all knw success has no excuse),we are looking at OPTION 1, him studying abroad for post graduate studies or 2 use his OND to restart(he doesnt mind) ,we dont want him to be weighed down but d job discrimination against 3rd class grad. In nigeria as u knw is so potent, kindly advise,WHICH OF THE TWO OPTIONs IS BEST or beta still if there is any other way out,kindly help me on the schools names, duration any programme and itz financial implication,and other steps involved,thanks so much.

Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by mamaafrik(m): 11:01pm On Jun 03, 2016
Chiomaxoxo:
Hello Mama Afrik!

This your own take style long! Haha!!
Because your brother has an OND, I will need to see his university transcripts in order to know which universities will accept him. We also have to consider his age and his history since he finished the OND.

You can send it as an email to the mail address in my office flyer attached below. There are some countries that accept OND and HND but they might ask for extra documentation.

So please send me an email and I will respond efficiently.

yes,he is yet to finish the last semester in the uni,i'm even thinking he should defer his service if need be,but his cgpa is around 2.30/5.0 so the transcript of the poly is the only one he has now and nt d uni.(since they havent finished),please just imagine he is ur bro,wat'll u do to pull him out,noting the financial strain too,i appreciate u 4 ur advices and hope God will use u to help us sort this.thanks.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 11:09pm On Jun 03, 2016
Please kindly reply to the pm you sent. I am a tad confused now. I thought he finished at just the poly? is he currently studying a masters course?
I will still require to see the transcript and also know your budget.

mamaafrik:
yes,he is yet to finish the last semester in the uni,i'm even thinking he should defer his service if need be,but his cgpa is around 2.30/5.0 so the transcript of the poly is the only one he has now and nt d uni.(since they havent finished),please just imagine he is ur bro,wat'll u do to pull him out,noting the financial strain too,i appreciate u 4 ur advices and hope God will use u to help us sort this.thanks.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by mamaafrik(m): 11:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
Chiomaxoxo:
Please kindly reply to the pm you sent. I am a tad confused now. I thought he finished at just the poly? is he currently studying a masters course?
I will still require to see the transcript and also know your budget.

sorry ehhhn,he finished from poly with 3.04 (upper class) and used the result to proceed to university(b.eng programme) where he is approaching his final semesta but here at d uni his cgpa is around 2.30(3rd class),so he is troubled(cos of job,and master degrees strain),can u say itz best he(with OND) reapply to a foreign school in order to start afresh or go 4 a post gra. Studies abroad ? (putting finance,job etc into consideration).
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Nobody: 3:43am On Jun 04, 2016
Chiomaxoxo:
Hello,
Scholarships are extremely difficult to come by especially as you want a 'FULL SCHOLARSHIP'. Some Education Consultants will lie to you to collect your money for admission process. However, they won't be able to get you this admission. If you are looking for somewhere affordable to further your course, I will advise Dubai or Ireland; they are still very much relatively cheap.

Some Universities in the UK offer discount like 1,000-2,000 Pounds off tuition fees.

There is no point spending all that international school fees and then you end up studying in Ukraine or Cyprus just because it is cheaper. It is better to attend University at a well known country with good universities. If you require any further assistance I will be here to attend to you.

I feel it is always better for master abroad especially as your first degree was in Nigeria; studying your masters abroad will give you a better insight to your course. The honest truth is that the teaching curriculum here and abroad is totally different so it is excellent for broadening your knowledge more on Geology.

Good day, pls I have a B.Tech Electrical Eng. and M.Eng Electrical power systems.

I need a scholarship for my Ph.D abroad.

Kindly suggest the best route to take .

Thanks for ur time and effort.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2016
Hello Guitarlife!!

Scholarships are hard to come by and for a PHD scholarship; you will need to have a high ranking 1st class for your first degree and a distinction for yours masters.

We will start with that first.

Guitarlife:

Good day, pls I have a B.Tech Electrical Eng. and M.Eng Electrical power systems.

I need a scholarship for my Ph.D abroad.

Kindly suggest the best route to take .

Thanks for ur time and effort.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by number5(m): 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
Chiomaxoxo:
Hello,

Tnx a lot chioma.ur advise is will indeed aid me in choice selection
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by mrboluu: 3:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
I want to study mechanical engineering outside africa what are the cheapest options i can get
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hi Mr Boluu,

I really depends on your budget.
Every country has a different price for their courses.

mrboluu:
I want to study mechanical engineering outside africa what are the cheapest options i can get
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by mrboluu: 1:28am On Jun 21, 2016
Like 4-5k pounds
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Chiomaxoxo: 10:03am On Jun 27, 2016
mrboluu:
Like 4-5k pounds

not possible for an international student. Still have to pay for your accommodation costs.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by bawz012(m): 12:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
you are welcome smiley

Hi, wat can you advice about studying architecture in eastern European countries like Finland, Norway, Estonia, Sweden etc (Germany excluded).
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by Lagosian29(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Which school would u recommend for anyone who wants to pursue a M.SC in Software Engineering

Cc:Nobody

1 Like

Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by donna25: 9:23am On Jul 01, 2016
Hello Chioma,
I have an HND in biochemistry,I graduated with distinction(3.cool. how do I get a full scholarship to study medicine in India or phillipines? if I want to go for masters in biochemistry, how do I get a full scholarship? thanks
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by donna25: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2016
g8662:
Tell me! What do you have?

Never mind, cos it doesn’t matter.

What matters is that you didn’t get an F.

As long as you have a secondary high school certificate that is valid and accredited in your country or internationally, you can use it to apply for admission and scholarship to study at top-ranking universities in Europe.

I said as long as you didn’t get an F, because there are merit-based and location-based scholarships available for bachelor, masters and PhD students. The higher your grades, the better your chances of winning a merit-based scholarship; the location-based scholarship is independent of your academic grades; it is based on your country. See the list here -- http://cyprusuni.com/full-scholarship-to-study-abroad-in-cyprus-category-for-100-scholarship/

Admission and Scholarship applications are free.

*IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other.
* SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
* SCHOOL FEES IS PAID PER SEMESTER
* ACCESS / OPPORTUNITY TO VISIT OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES
* EXCHANGE PROGRAMME AVAILABLE

See the list of degree course programs, admission requirements, application processes, scholarship, tuition fees, accommodations, living expenses, visa, flight, airport pickup and many more.... http://cyprusuni.com/top-ranking-universities-in-north-cyprus/

Announcement from the CyprusUni.com, the sponsors of this post

If you have any questions and enquiries please ask them here... http://cyprusuni.com/contact-us/

Are you looking to:

Study in top-ranking universities in Europe?
Win overseas scholarship to study abroad in Europe?
Prestigious, affordable universities in Europe?
Quality undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate programs?
Study in multi-cultural environment?
Admission to affordable bachelor/undergraduate, master or Phd abroad?
IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/JAMB – No SAT/GRE/GMAT, Not Required
IGCSE, IB, SAT, A-LEVEL, NECO, WASSEC, GCE, ND, HND, SSCE, BT, B.ENG, and any other - Accepted.
and many more.

Then apply to study at top ranking european universities with scholarship ... http://cyprusuni.com/how-to-apply-for-admission-scholarships-for-international-students-and-cyprusuni-affiliate-program/

Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Cyprus International University (CIU), Near East University (NEU)

Do they give full scholarship for medicine?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by chaiks: 10:35am On Jul 01, 2016
Hello guys in d house. Kudos to u all. I v been searching for schools in Canada that offer my course for postgraduate studies. Now I v found some- McGill, ubc, university of dalhousie, university of Alberta, university of Vancouver. My field is international relations. Now my question is which among them do I stand a chance of obtaining a full scholarship or full tuition waiver? I see my course does not require gre. But presently am preparing for ielts and putting finishing touches on my sop.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by sambless2013: 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is to introduce NCUK International Year 1: Easy Partway into UK universities.

At Oxbridge they believe passionately in doing their best to prepare students to excel on their degree program of choice. They strive to prepare their students academically as well as for independent life overseas.
Over the years they have identified the need for a more cost effective and gentler pathway to UK university and, as a result, are offering the NCUK International Year 1 programme to the local market.

What is the International year 1 Programme?
The NCUK International year 1 is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate level programme. Successful students can progress directly into the second year of selected undergraduate degree courses in the UK.

In essence this is a locally delivered UK university year one programme. It is a pathway for local Nigerian students to year 2 on a UK degree programme. Put simple; you successfully complete the International year 1, progress on to a related programme of your choice at one of the 11 NCUK Partner Universities and complete year 2 and year 3.

The list of the universities and testimonies of those who have benefited from the programme at
https://www.ncuk.ac.uk/universities

The University of Bradford
The University of Huddersfield
The University of Leeds
Leeds Beckett University
The University of Liverpool
Liverpool John Moores University
The University of Manchester
Manchester Metropolitan University
The University of Salford
The University of Sheffield
Sheffield Hallam University
To register or make a further enquiries. Contact Sanni Samuel (Samtungson Educational Solutions) for Oxbridge Academy
sannisamuelajayi@yahoo.com

There is a commission for any referred recruit.
Re: Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad by EduRegard: 9:30am On Jul 16, 2016
[size=14pt]Nice thread on here. Meanwhile, Here is a Compiled Complete Guide For Nigerians To Study Abroad For Free.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s / Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU / WAEC Timetable 2017: Comprehensive 2017/18 WAEC Timetable - May/June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.