Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,752 members, 7,840,933 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola (20017 Views)

Igbos And Lagos Economy / Who Runs The Lagos Economy? / Africa's New Biggest City Is Lagos - & Economy To Outweigh Johannesburg By 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Ngwakwe: 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fashola said it under the influence of either alcohol or he smoked weed.

I can't fathom how a sensible Governor can make such pronouncement before the media.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by RedLight1: 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
BedLam: Brother na wa o....this Fashola of a Co/rk self! very soon na Lagos 2nd best economy after US.
stop talking like a dumbledoor.... The statistics are there.... Do a little research
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
nitrogen:
God bless you!

I asked him a question the other time, I was expecting him to substantiate his assertion, but he never did.

They are disgruntled trolls, they say meaningless things with no basis just to get attention.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by solomon111(m): 5:15pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

We are not talking about some rural village.
GTFOH.
The citizens of that 'rural village' enjoy basic amenities that lagosians can only dream of.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Fashola said it under the influence of either alcohol or he smoked weed.

I can't fathom how a sensible Governor can make such pronouncement before the media.

Maybe too much of the highlighted and obvious tribalism is what's preventing you from read and comprehending what he said.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by kpolli(m): 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fashola needs to stop smoking weed

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by bigboyk(m): 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Economy of Ghana

CurrencyCedi (GHS)
Fiscal yearCalendar year 1 January to 31 December
Statistics
[B]GDP $82.571 billion[1][/B]
GDP growth8.7% (Q1 – 2012)[2]
14.337 % (2011 est.)[3]
GDP per capita$3,256.848 (2012 est.)[4]
GDP by sectorservices: 48.5%; industry: 25.9%; agriculture: 25.6% (2011 est.)
Inflation (CPI)8.1% (2011 est.)
Population
below poverty line27% (2011 est.)
Gini coefficient39.4 (2005-06)
Labor force10.33 million (2009 est.)
Labor force
by occupationservices: 28%; industry: 20%; agriculture: 52% (2011 est.)
Unemployment3% (Q1 – 2012)[5]
Main industriesCrude Oil Production and Refining, Offshore banking, entrepot trade, financial services, Higher education, electronics, mining, lumbering, tourism, light manufacturing, aluminum smelting, cement, small commercial ship building, Electricity generation, food processing
Ease of Doing Business Rank64th[6]
External
Exports$13.13 billion (2011 est.)
Export goodsgold, cocoa, Petroleum Products, Liquefied Natural Gas, Electric energy, timber, tuna, bauxite, aluminum, manganese ore, diamonds, horticulture
Main export partnersNetherlands 11.7%, United Kingdom 7%, France 5.7%, United States 5.6%, Ukraine 5%, Belgium 4.6% (2011)
Imports$14.03 billion (2010 est.)
Import goodscapital equipment, petroleum, foodstuffs
Main import partnersChina 16%, Nigeria 15%, India 5.6%, United States 5.6%, France 4.5%,
United Kingdom 4.5% (2008)
Gross external debt$5.84 billion (31 December 2009 est.)
Public finances
Public debt67.5% of GDP (2009 est.)
Revenues$4.547 billion (2009 est.)
Expenses$6.124 billion (2009 est.)
Credit rating
Standard & Poor's:[7]
B+ (Domestic)
B+ (Foreign)
BB+ (T&C Assessment)
Outlook: Stable[8]
Fitch:[9]
BBB+
Outlook: Stable
All values, unless otherwise stated, are in US dollars

Source: Wikipedia.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by dplomaticVal: 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fashola should really stop all this unnecessary silly statements and his obnoxious slanders on countries that are superior to him,,,besides we all know that his main aim is to deceive d whole of Nigerians to vote him as president in 2015.. ...#sighs
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
solomon111: GTFOH.
The citizens of that 'rural village' enjoy basic amenities that lagosians can only dream of.

What are the basic amenities they are enjoying that lagosians can only dream of?

Please answer and don't make me ask you again.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by solomon111(m): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2013
nitrogen:
God bless you!

I asked him a question the other time, I was expecting him to substantiate his assertion, but he never did.
you didn't ask me to substiantiate any claim,you only asked for my certainty.
If you want anything anything substantial,take a trip to the state and compare it with lagos.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
dplomaticVal: Fashola should really stop all this unnecessary silly statements and his obnoxious slanders on countries that are superior to him,,,besides we all know that his main aim is to deceive d whole of Nigerians to vote him as president in 2015.. ...#sighs

So in your world, stating facts = slander?

You people need to start trying out for comedy...
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by MusicCafe: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx:

Even with fitch ratings, there's no way in hell or heaven where Lagos would have a better rating than the UK... UK's ratings should probably be A- or something... Lagos is nowhere close to that...

UK was downgraded from Triple-A to Aa1 (Moody's Rating) with Stable Outlook.However both Standard & Poor's Ratings Services and Fitch Ratings have the U.K. on negative outlooks.Lagos is on AA with POSITIVE OUTLOOK

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323549204578320613007137362.html

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by RedLight1: 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
Soloblincus: The football sector in uk alone outweighs fashola's economy
lmao are u kdding me? grin grin
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
solomon111: you didn't ask me to substiantiate any claim,you only asked for my certainty.
If you want anything anything substantial,take a trip to the state and compare it with lagos.

This is what you people say when you get called out for your lies. It means you are lying and you can not back up your lies with facts.

Lying is not a good virtue.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Symphony007: 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
So ghana is no longer juicy enough for their shambolic talking point, he's now dragging the world's 6th largest economy into it? Putting it in the same sentence with a state from the 36th largest economy in the world? Someone should do an alcohol breath test on the confused governour.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by WarriPikin1: 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
Krucifax: Nigeria's GDP is US$413.402 Billion Pending revision from 2011 (i.e it is actually higher)= Source IMF

Ghana's GDP is US$90.0 Billion Current = Source IMF

U.K's GDP is US$2.316 Trillion Current = Source IMF

Lagos State GDP is US$33,679 Billion Old figures = Source Canback Global Income Distribution Database.

Yes Lagos try no be small but Fashola should stop cracking bad jokes!

Lagos economy is obviously larger than Ghana's or Kenya's economy.After re-basing of Nigeria's GDP, that fact shall be very clear to all.
But Lagos is definitely smaller than London's economy not to speak of the entire UK! I believe it was a slip of tongue from Fashola.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
Symphony007: So ghana is no longer juicy enough for their shambolic talking point, he's now dragging the world's 6th largest economy into it? Putting it in the same sentence with a state from the 36th largest economy in the world? Someone should do an alcohol breath test on the confused governour.

He was talking about ratings which is a fact that you can not dispute.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by solomon111(m): 5:24pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

What are the basic amenities they are enjoying that lagosians can only dream of?

Please answer and don't make me ask you again.

lol.
There is nothing i will say/post that you won't attempt to counter blindly,so i won't bother wasting my time.
Seeing is believing.
Take a trip out of your lagos and enlighten yourself.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by RedLight1: 5:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
Krucifax: Nigeria's GDP is US$413.402 Billion Pending revision from 2011 (i.e it is actually higher)= Source IMF

Ghana's GDP is US$90.0 Billion Current = Source IMF

U.K's GDP is US$2.316 Trillion Current = Source IMF

Lagos State GDP is US$33,679 Billion Old figures = Source Canback Global Income Distribution Database.

Yes Lagos try no be small but Fashola should stop cracking bad jokes!
can u post the link of those figures? And 4 hope u know that uk 4s not a country?
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Lagos economy is obviously larger than Ghana's or Kenya's economy.After re-basing of Nigeria's GDP, that fact shall be very clear to all.
But Lagos is definitely smaller than London's economy not to speak of the entire UK! I believe it was a slip of tongue from Fashola.

It wasn't a slip, he stated pure facts about current financial ratings. That's a fact.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by solomon111(m): 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
Symphony007: So ghana is no longer juicy enough for their shambolic talking point, he's now dragging the world's 6th largest economy into it? Putting it in the same sentence with a state from the 36th largest economy in the world? Someone should do an alcohol breath test on the confused governour.
United kingdom is no longer the 6th largest economy in the world.
Brazil has overtaken them.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by solomon111(m): 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

It wasn't a slip, he stated pure facts about current financial ratings. That's a fact.
lol.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by WarriPikin1: 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
bigboyk: Economy of Ghana

Source: Wikipedia.......

STOP QUOTING WIKIPEDIA!!!
EVERY FOOL CAN EDIT AND WRITE CRAP ON WIKIPEDIA! I would quote Nairaland before i quote Wikipedia.
At least you need to submit an email address (even if it were fake) to post on Nairaland.
In Wikipedia, you don't need anything to change the comments and figures there!!!
If you make me angry,i will go to Wikipedia now and write Ghana GDP as N5 naira, and other fools somewhere will quote that ridiculous figure and try to build an argument around that.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by occam(m): 5:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

He was talking about ratings which is a fact that you can not dispute.

Fashola is doing a superb job and no need make a dumb statement like this. So Lagos is rated above the City of London? Context matters when we say stuff.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
solomon111: lol.
There is nothing i will say/post that you won't attempt to counter blindly,so i won't bother wasting my time.
Seeing is believing.
Take a trip out of your lagos and enlighten yourself.

Either I believe you or not, you should me man enough to make a point and support your points with facts regardless.

You really shouldn't have bothered to lie and say silly things you can not back up.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by henrysam(m): 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
Toaskarity: uk!!! wow!! thats amazing! so lagos is doing this good and my two friends there are begging me for dollar, may God punish someone grin

So its everybody that is leaving in America that is doing fine. Mugun
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2013
occam:

Fashola is doing a superb job and no need make a dumb statement like this. So Lagos is rated above the City of London? Context matters when we say stuff.

You are free to like or dislike his statement which is OK with me, but he stated facts, facts that you can not dispute.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by TriggerHappy: 5:36pm On Mar 06, 2013
Red-Light:
stop talking like a dumbledoor.... The statistics are there.... Do a little research
Illiteracy is a disease grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and i have to be honest ur English is improving. Keep it up grin grin
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by eriegua83: 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
Red-Light:
Where is the statistics? Lagos economy is better than that of uk, only in his dreams. Pls wake fashola its too early in the day for wishful thinking and dreams. What will he do at night, anyway its a nice dream but we are in reality,
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 5:40pm On Mar 06, 2013
eriegua83: Where is the statistics? Lagos economy is better than that of uk, only in his dreams. Pls wake fashola its too early in the day for wishful thinking and dreams. What will he do at night, anyway its a nice dream but we are in reality,

Reading and comprehension is your friend. Learn how to do both..
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by occam(m): 5:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are free to like or dislike his statement which is OK with me, but he stated facts, facts that you can not dispute.

Which agency rating is he talking about? Fitch, S & P rating are based on risk probability. What is the risk that an entity/govt will default on loan obligations. Tell me how Britain is more riskier to invest in than Lagos state
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by RedLight1: 5:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
Trigger Happy:
Illiteracy is a disease grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy and i have to be honest ur English is improving. Keep it up grin grin
why are u following me around? Do i knw u? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures From Sanwo Olu Apc Mega Rally, Campus Square Lagos. Pictures. / Labour Crisis: FG Directs Kaduna To Follow Principle Of Redundancy / See The Themes Of 2024 Budget Of Federal Government And The States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.