Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,762 members, 7,840,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola (20019 Views)

Igbos And Lagos Economy / Who Runs The Lagos Economy? / Africa's New Biggest City Is Lagos - & Economy To Outweigh Johannesburg By 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
cramjones: UK Economy: (CIA WORLD FACT BOOK)

GDP (purchasing power parity):

$2.323 trillion (2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 9
$2.325 trillion (2011 est.)
$2.308 trillion (2010 est.)
note: data are in 2012 US dollars

GDP - per capita (PPP):

$36,700 (2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 33
$37,100 (2011 est.)
$37,100 (2010 est.)

LAGOS ECONOMY (Businessdayonline)

GDP = $40billion

Ghana GDP (CIA WORLD FACT BOOK)

GDP (purchasing power parity):

$83.18 billion (2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 79
$76.89 billion (2011 est.)
$67.22 billion (2010 est.)

So is it best to conclude that this Fashola, this great SAN and performing governor of Lagos is a fat liar ?
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by demmie1: 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2013
gbadexy: That na confirm na, lagos economy is definitely bigger than ghana's economy but I doubt if lagos economy or nigerian economy for that matter is bigger than that of U.K

I wonder how you guys misinterpret quotes. he did not say Lagos state economy is bigger, he said positive that means lagos state is expected to perform better than the mentioned countries. where UK is expected to grow at 5% Lagos is expected to grow at 7%. that's what positive outlook on economy means.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Toksytoks(m): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
What is Maku's bizness in Lagos? The FG makes over a trillion annually from the apapa port and yet Can't fix the apapa road, the airport road is a shame..and after spending billions on third mainland bridge just to fix joints!!!! The bridge is still not stable,no Street lights and poor asphalt resurfacing..
Silly people who can't even pass a budget!
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Obiora4life: 6:22pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

Please don't derail the thread with your usual tribal agenda because you got spotted and called out for what you are. You though hiding under people's posts with your agenda wasn't going to be detected.

You need to grown up and quit this tribal enmity and Fashola hate and obsession because you just keep looking stupid. See how you just got called out and rubbished in the open.

smh..

Lol, because I said he goofed, haha... did Fashola not goof like he does? I have no tribal lenses on me, here's my comment again... So what's tribal about my comments? undecided undecided undecided

Obiora4life:

Just like he has always goofed, tomorrow, Nigeria will wanna compare herself with the U.S. and say we have a better rating than you, whereas U.S. is the worlds largest economy... lol... How about him compare Lagos to Johannesburg, SA or some other cities that are in the same rank and file with Lagos? Lol
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
demmie1:

I wonder how you guys misinterpret quotes. he did not say Lagos state economy is bigger, he said positive that means lagos state is expected to perform better than the mentioned countries. where UK is expected to grow at 5% Lagos is expected to grow at 7%. that's what positive outlook on economy means.

It doesn't matter what the facts are and how many times you put it out there, they'll keep ignoring it because they have other agendas that has nothing to do with facts.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by farem: 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
IT IS DISHEARTENGNG THAT SOME PEOPLE COMMENTING ON NL CAN NOT PASS SIMPLE ENGLISH COMPREHENSION EXAMS TO JS 1. NO WONDER MANY TOPICS OF GREAT IMPORTANCE THAT TEACH GREAT IDEAS ARE MISSED BECAUSE OF ARGUMENTS ARISING FROM MOST JAUNDICED REASONINGS COMMON WITH SOME PEOPLE HERE. HOW IS THE PHRASE 'RATED ABOVE' IS NOW BE TAKEN AS 'BIGGER THAN'. Methink, 'rated above' could mean any of the following; more efficient, better managed, growing better or faster etc.
PS: Let's try as much as possible to come with clear heads and not to allow such heads to be suffocated with past baseless opinions/arguements/defeats/anger/grief. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2013
Obiora4life:

Lol, because I said he goofed, haha... did Fashola not goof like he does? I have no tribal lenses on me, here's my comment again... So what's tribal about my comments? undecided undecided undecided

Dude, please quit the charade, we both know what your deal is? It's still the same tribal anti Fashola rampage and hiding under some new ID don't mean much so you are not fooling anybody.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Fuelish: 6:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hahaha Choi, what has this Fa[sh1t]la been smoking? the economy of Lagos is better/bigger? than Ghana/UK?what's the annual budget of lagos?I don't think it will be up to $4-5 billion.do you know Ghana's budget for 2013?go n find out.utter crap!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Goodysydney: 6:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
Red-Light:
why are u following me around? Do i knw u? undecided

Hahahaha.... Bros don't mind him, he is a senseless Ghana man.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Obiora4life: 6:33pm On Mar 06, 2013
Eko Ile:

Dude, please quit the charade, we both know what your deal is? It's still the same tribal anti Fashola rampage and hiding under some new ID don't mean much so you are not fooling anybody.

Again, that I said he goofed, how does that translate into tribal words?
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Goodysydney: 6:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
Obiora4life:

And your currency has achieved what exactly?

Where do you reserve stand at?

What is Ghana's debt to GDP ratio?

Please tell me how exactly your currency has achieved in positive light of your economy?
which Ghana currency? Cedi. God forbid bad thing. A Ghana Immigration or Custom officer will beg u to give him Naira or even CFA rather than Cedi. Cuz Ghana money no get value.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by occam(m): 6:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
demmie1:

You're wrong. Financial ratings are not based on economic growth only but other factors

You don't want to appear like you making up stuff. Saying Lagos is rated above U.K looks like he's picking up stats from the air
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Goodysydney: 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
Red-Light:
why are u following me around? Do i knw u? undecided

Hahahaha.... Bros don't mind him, he is a senseless Ghana man.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by OYINBOGOJU(m): 6:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Why is Fashola so proud to be dishing out unconfirmed Statistics?

Are those overrated, Photoshop and computer printed projects included in those numbers.

Gov. Fashola's performance - Average

Even if you use microscope,you can never see beyond your nose.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by RedLight1: 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
Goodysydney: Hahahaha.... Bros don't mind him, he is a senseless Ghana man.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
Lagos economy is bigger than those of England, Scotland, Waled and N Ireland combined? Wetin we no go hear for this country. if these politicians must lie they should not be over-ambitious liars. I doubt is Lagos economy is even bigger than that of Glasgow or even Belfast.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Revolva(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
Naaa I don't support oga fashola in this UK budget...wtf..ghana a whole nation budget ....naaaa I don't think so

1 Like

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by teskyg: 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
When you smoke Kpoli,you think like Fashola
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by farem: 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
Desdola: Forget statistics and talks. The question is how are the citizen's life influenced. can 50 percent of families in lagos boast of 3 square meal?
[color=#990000]
HOW WOULD IT NOT BE SO WHEN YOU PEOPLE ARE LEAVING YOUR 'DEVELOPED' STATES IN DROVES FROM THE WEST, EAST AND NORTH ON MINUTE'S BASIS TO MILK-DRY 'NOT-DEVELOPED' LAGOS STATE!
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 7:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Obiora4life:

Again, that I said he goofed, how does that translate into tribal words?

I don't know why all this self ignorance and pretense. You said Just like he has always goofed. The keyword is Always.

Please let it go, just watch who you hide behind to spew your hate and tribalism or risk getting called out again.
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by MusicCafe: 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
shymexx:

The Fitch ratings for the UK is actually based on budget deficit and debts.. And that's because the UK is basically a welfare country.. If it were to cut the welfare spending, UK should be back up there...

Lagos on the other just looks good on paper because of the projects they're building everywhere and some government policies... However, Lagos and UK should never be in the same sentence when it comes to economy ratings...

Fashola should compare countries with similar GDP as Lagos and stop playing on Lagosians' intelligence!! He goofed on this one, to be honest...
I honestly have to agree with your analysis, however, he took the comparison too far. #IntelligentContribution
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by K4: 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Goodysydney: A Ghana Immigrationwill beg u to give him Naira or even CFA rather than Cedi. Cuz Ghana money no get value.
$1=1.8 cedis n $1=160 naira.so which currency has more value?u were talking from ur anu-s,as usual,huh?crap
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by EkoIle1: 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Afam4eva: Lagos economy is bigger than those of England, Scotland, Waled and N Ireland combined? Wetin we no go hear for this country. if these politicians must lie they should not be over-ambitious liars. I doubt is Lagos economy is even bigger than that of Glasgow or even Belfast.

They actually let you people pass WAEC without reading and comprehension skills? No wonder naija is fcukkkedd up..

smh..

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by MusicCafe: 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2013
Afam4eva: Lagos economy is bigger than those of England, Scotland, Waled and N Ireland combined? Wetin we no go hear for this country. if these politicians must lie they should not be over-ambitious liars. I doubt is Lagos economy is even bigger than that of Glasgow or even Belfast.

You comment is not only mischievous, it also reek of insincerity

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
Really?

Lagos economy better than London?

Must be in someone's dream!!!!
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by TriggerHappy: 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
K4: $1=1.8 cedis n $1=160 naira.so which currency has more value?u were talking from ur anu-s,as usual,huh?crap
Stop pouring water on a stone cuz it won't grow. U will only see me here wen i want to hv a laff cuz most of da MUGUGERIANS here r clowns. grin cheesy cheesy grin Do da same
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by K4: 7:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
Revolva: Naaa I don't support oga fashola in this UK budget...wtf..ghana a whole nation budget ....naaaa I don't think so
Fashola is a big sham. leaders dont just open their mouths n talk crap.na wao.his IQ should be like 5!
Re: Lagos Economy Rated Above Ghana, UK - Fashola by bigboyk(m): 7:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
Those in support of Fashola should support their claims with facts or reference na. We must end this issue today oo. This argument has to be concluded and with facts. No more deception and politricks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pdp’ll Form Next Govt In Lagos —mimiko / I Will Continue With Jimoh Ibrahim When We Meet Face To Face - Fani-kayode / Inauguration Of The 8th National Assembly Live On Nta..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.