Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? (2246 Views)

How Most Girls Now Hasten Their Guys Into Marriage... / At 27 He Has Slept With 46 Girls, Now He Wants To Marry. / The Cry Of A Teenager: Guys In Their Twenties Should Leave Our Girls Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Nobody: 7:03am On Mar 07, 2013
Down memory lane of my father's success in life, my mother contributed immensely to see him succeeded in life even though they were then not married. My father told me how his gf (now my mother) sold her personal property and closed her account just to gather money for him to start a biz. God became faithful and the biz started booming fruitfully and until they later got married.

Why are our girls of nowadays do not believe in life beyond the presence? All they are after is d physical materialistic things they can gain from the man at d moment and not in d future.

Well, my mother built a career with my father and she deserved to be where she is today. If any girl believe not to see beyond the present with me, guys, do such girl worth being taken to the altar?

Let's hear from you.
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 07, 2013
Gold digging has come to stay in the lives of our ladies and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

1 Like

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by sunnyt1(m): 7:48am On Mar 07, 2013
The wahala came from our mums, most of them gave their lives for our dads bt they dnt pass on the same virtue (and oda ones) to their children (gals).

I lived with my aunt for 3 yrs and i cant over-emphasize how submissive and respectable she is to the husband and everyone around, bt her daughter, chei! so proud and disrespectful, and dats how most gals are (not all). My aunt believes things are nt how they used to be (and dats wat most mums will tell u), children now pick many things from the outside world, and parents dont care to take care of this.

I think its the issue of trend, people go wit the flow. So many things are wrong with the family setting and thats y the level of dissatisfaction, unhappiness and divorce rate are on the high.
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 07, 2013
U see, that's where the problem lies. Most of us who are single and wil want to marry somtims in d future, even Bill Gate or Warren Buffet wil not want to marry a lady either to themselvs or to their sons/relatives/loved ones whom they know she is gold-digging. Going by the nature of materialistic acquisition girls exhibited towards thier guys dis days, will a guy still be comfortable marrying a girlfriend even when he knows she is after what she can gain from him?

Some of the girls that are hunting for money might have fatter accounts than u and yet they cant release a kobo to u even if u r financially depressed.

Imagine her having e.g. 500k and u have like N1m, u approach her to lend u d sum so u kick-start a biz, she screamed at u and became annoyed. 2days later, she came back to ask u for 10k cos she wants to make her hair. Where are u and what are the foundation laid on such relationship irrespective of how much u love her?
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by AntiGbagaun(f): 9:22am On Mar 07, 2013
RedBenson: Down memory lane of my father's success in life, my mother contributed immensely to see him succeeded in life even though they were then not married. My father told me how his gf (now my mother) sold her personal property and closed her account just to gather money for him to start a biz. God became faithful and the biz started booming fruitfully and until they later got married.

Why are our girls of nowadays do not believe in life beyond the presence? All they are after is d physical materialistic things they can gain from the man at d moment and not in d future.

Well, my mother built a career with my father and she deserved to be where she is today. If any girl believe not to see beyond the present with me, guys, do such girl worth being taken to the altar?

Let's hear from you.

undecided angry
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 07, 2013
Mr. lecturer who cant even write A-Z, no be class room be dis o. Go get urself busy somewhere.

Vulcanizers and commercial bus conductors make good money than ur worthless english practices generate to u.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by 190: 9:56am On Mar 07, 2013
RedBenson: Mr. lecturer who cant even write A-Z, no be class room be dis o. Go get urself busy somewhere.

Vulcanizers and commercial bus conductors make good money than ur worthless english practices generate to u.

grin grin
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by saintvc(m): 9:59am On Mar 07, 2013
ur mum must be a learner
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by eddyspice(m): 10:46am On Mar 07, 2013
most girls dont want to start from the scratch they just want to enjoy life.a lot of them are molded by wrong role models.its better to suffer at the beginning and enjoy letter than enjoy now and struggle with difficulty to maintain your enjoyment status

1 Like

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Beync(f): 11:03am On Mar 07, 2013
so what are we suppose to do? empty my bank account? grin

1 Like

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
Anyone can empty dier bank accounts for those who are worth it,not jst any stray dog! undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 09, 2013
How do u know who worth it? Havent u been taken by surprise or dissapointment b4?
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Dumkele1: 7:06am On Mar 09, 2013
dat's simply because our fathers had d good sense to appreciate such women by remaining true to them and marryin them. Are the boys of these days still dat honourable?NO.as for me,if i see anyone with a worthy business i can help with and also have a stake in,i sure will help

1 Like

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Exponental(m): 9:09am On Mar 09, 2013
Diff generations with diff ideology. Ur mum never had a BB, a social network acct n many more, so why compare.....?
Well there are still lovebirds who do dat but experiences from some of ur mother's mate n present day ladies is holding them back.
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by pleep(m): 10:08am On Mar 09, 2013
Dumkele_1: dat's simply because our fathers had d good sense to appreciate such women by remaining true to them and marryin them. Are the boys of these days still dat honourable?NO.as for me,if i see anyone(boyfriend or not) with a worthy business i can help with and also have a stake in,i sure will help
Are the women of today honorable enough to save their virginity until marriage? Back then a dude couldnt get laid until he paid a dowry....

Can you ppl ever think objectivly?

1 Like

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by luvmijeje(f): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2013
Are men of today honorable enough to save their virginity till marriage? what's good for the goose is good for the gander.*sprinkle holy water on this thread*

1 Like

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by pleep(m): 10:51am On Mar 09, 2013
^are men looking for womens money?
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by luvmijeje(f): 11:07am On Mar 09, 2013
Some men are definitely after some women's money.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by pleep(m): 11:19am On Mar 09, 2013
Some chickens manage to fly

And some women are definitely after a man only for sex. Exceptions don't negate the rule

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by pleep(m): 11:22am On Mar 09, 2013
luvmijeje: Are men of today honorable enough to save their virginity till marriage? what's good for the goose is good for the gander.*sprinkle holy water on this thread*
Since "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" Maybe men should date girls who make more money than them and pay for all the dates. lol

ma'am Plz don't try and argue with me if you are not a logical person.

2 Likes

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by freecocoa(f): 11:49am On Mar 09, 2013
Threads like this annoy the feck outta me, its just so annoying the way most of the semi-men we have these days reason and make conclusions based on half baked assumptions.(Whatever that means) angry.

If you must know, my elder sister once used her school fees for two sessions, life savings plus she even stole from my dad and gave the money to her then boyfriend because she wanted to support his dream of going abroad to further his education, which according to him will create more opportunity for a better life for both of them when they get married.

She kept sending money to him while he was there doing whatever it is he was doing there, I remember how she was always coming up with one lie or the other just to extort money from my parents and send to her boyfriend whom she said was suffering in America(she confided in me), to cut the story short, he left her with no reason whatsoever and the next thing was photos on facebook of his new girlfriend(s), my sister almost died but thank God she was able to pull through.

This one is just one story out of the zillions of such, abi you know how much I invested in my ex boyfriend that went to impregnate another girl?

See you people had better respected yourself and shut da hell up about what you know nothing about, arrant nonsense angry.

3 Likes

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by pleep(m): 11:55am On Mar 09, 2013
..... im waiting for Ohray to come prove this story is false. Nigerian sending money to America? grin

But seriously, that nigga is fugged up
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by freecocoa(f): 12:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
^Duh!

We still send money to relatives abroad sef grin.

On a more serious note though, guys like him are everywhere and they are the reason why most girls become overly cautious in relationships.
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by pleep(m): 12:09pm On Mar 09, 2013
Guys like that are not everywhere.... and that is not why women don't spend money. Women don't usually spend money because 99% of the time they simply don't have to.

I have a million relatives spending money back to gf's in Nigeria, never heard of it the other way round

1 Like

Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by freecocoa(f): 12:36pm On Mar 09, 2013
^Now you are lying and you know it, or maybe you just haven't heard like you said but women still spend on men till tomorrow.

Take it or leave it.
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by pleep(m): 12:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
I'm not lying. Of course i know there are women who spend money on men.

Ive simply never heard of it in the Nigeria context.
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by freecocoa(f): 1:02pm On Mar 09, 2013
^Well then, you just did.
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by luvmijeje(f): 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
@freecocoa don't mind them,they will fecking sit down in their room and turn to expert on women affair and start brandishing statistics base on women they had met in their life which is not up to 10000 o.
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:16pm On Mar 09, 2013
freecocoa: Threads like this annoy the feck outta me, its just so annoying the way most of the semi-men we have these days reason and make conclusions based on half baked assumptions.(Whatever that means) angry.

If you must know, my elder sister once used her school fees for two sessions, life savings plus she even stole from my dad and gave the money to her then boyfriend because she wanted to support his dream of going abroad to further his education, which according to him will create more opportunity for a better life for both of them when they get married.

She kept sending money to him while he was there doing whatever it is he was doing there, I remember how she was always coming up with one lie or the other just to extort money from my parents and send to her boyfriend whom she said was suffering in America(she confided in me), to cut the story short, he left her with no reason whatsoever and the next thing was photos on facebook of his new girlfriend(s), my sister almost died but thank God she was able to pull through.

This one is just one story out of the zillions of such, abi you know how much I invested in my ex boyfriend that went to impregnate another girl?

See you people had better respected yourself and shut da hell up about what you know nothing about, arrant nonsense angry.
It seems that u and ur sisters are generous did u have a younger sis I dnt mind dating her after she invest on me I promise to marry her I swear
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by freecocoa(f): 3:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
^Blawdy a$$wipe.angry
Re: My Mother Contributed To My Father's Success. Why Are Our Girls Now Are Not So? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
Beync: so what are we suppose to do? empty my bank account? grin
this a typical naija girl 4 u they just wont listen

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Tell Him Or Not / Am In Love With Two Women / What Will U Do When She Finds Easy 2 Fart Around U Wen Ur Alone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.