Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? (26397 Views)

Advice Me: I Am Sleeping With My Brother’s Wife And She Doesn’t Want It To Stop / Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by olawoleoladipo: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
Dear Colleagues,

Unfortunately, I lost my senior brother (the same mother the same father) three years ago at age of 50, my brother left one wife with five children. My brother's wife still young (thirty years) plus. She so interest on me after the burial/outing service or some months later, she always calling me on the phone that I abandoned her. In fact, I try my best for her by sending money to her through bank account to take herself because I'm leaving at Ajah, My brother did not complete his house project before his untimely death, myself with support of family member complete the building and she is living there at Ogijo Ikorodu. Also her first son (19 years old)stay with me and caring for him. There was a day she told me on the phone that "Did i think she will marry another person after 5 children to my brother" and everything is not money, she want to see me, Infact I feel somehow that day.

In conclusion, as a christian I don't want to cheat my own "housewife" or look like I'm commiting adultery or fornication. What Can I do? to marry her, OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

Please I need your Help.

From Safejourney, Ajah, Lagos

5 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by masks(m): 2:43pm On Mar 07, 2013
Bro just continue to show care. But don't be tempted to marry her. Unless you too want to join your bro. Cos. Its not gonna go down well with your wife. Besides its adultery and you know it. Pls be wise. Continue to care and try to avoid her. Thank you

9 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
You've a good heart, Sir. Keep it up. I don't really know what to advice right now ...whether you should marry her or not. Only you can really decide what's best anyway. But definately, don't stop helping and caring for her and don't avoid her like the poster above me said. You're both adults and shouldn't resort to avoiding her. Communicate.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by overdrive(m): 4:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
U must not necessarily marry her but u shld continue to assist as much as u can also hv a heart to heart talk wt her and stop avoiding her. Make her c reasons why she shld c u more as an uncle and nothing more in order not to bring chaos in ur own marriage. Anyway u na nice man sha cos this na opportunity some wld have grabbed wt both hands and legs.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
i will suggest you advise her to look for someone else to marry for her sake and for your own sake.
resist adultery by all means

4 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by maclatunji: 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eyah. If you were a Muslim, I would have said consider marrying her. She wants a man and has set her eyes on you. No woman would like a co-wife so I understand your wife's position too.

To be honest marrying her sorts out many problems. If we say she should go and look for her own man, what will happen to your neices and nephews?

Talk to your wife about it, who knows she may have the heart of a saint. However, is your ex-brother's wife a decent woman? Can she relate with your wife with respect?

Your story is one of the reasons I can't claim 100% that polygamy is out of the question for me even if I prefer monogamy.

It is a tough call.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by xynerise: 4:33pm On Mar 07, 2013
That means she has been eyeing you before her husband died. Bros, dont even think about taking her as wife.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
In conclusion, as a christian I don't want to cheat my own "housewife" or look like I'm commiting adultery or fornication. What Can I do? to marry her, OR to tell her to leave my brother's house to go and marry another person with five children.

Please I need your Help.

Why would you evict them from their own house,the house was started by her late husband[your brother]so should be for her and her children even though you and your family helped to complete.did you do that to help his widow and kids or as a plan to take over ownership...some things are not quite right here,im not in support of polygamy but if you,your wife and kids,your late brothers wife and kids are ok with that,why not give it a go.

The idea of sending them away from a house initiated by their husband and dad isnt nice..something tells me your late brothers account might,ve been accessed by your family,what happened to his business if he had one,money in the bank and other assets??

3 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by alfredo4u(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2013
xynerise: That means she has been eyeing you before her husband died. Bros, dont even think about taking her as wife.

bros no vex oh, which part of d wrld r u 4rm? Dont b quick to judge d woman jor.
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by xynerise: 4:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
alfredo4u:

bros no vex oh, which part of d wrld r u 4rm? Dont b quick to judge d woman jor.
are you the woman's first son? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by maclatunji: 4:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
xynerise: That means she has been eyeing you before her husband died. Bros, dont even think about taking her as wife.

A very immature comment. The fact that she had 5 kids and in her early 30s shows that she had a healthy sexual habit with her husband. At the moment, she has two needs to fulfill.

Her maternal instincts and womanly instincts:
She will remain sad if she leaves this family and marries another man outside. She will feel she abandoned her children. The chances of success of such a marriage would be slim.

Marrying him mitigates most of these problems. I think the man too recognises these points.

19 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by EzePromoe: 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
olawole oladipo: Dear Colleagues,

Unfortunately, I lost my senior brother (the same mother the same father) three years ago at age of 50, my brother left one wife with five children. My brother's wife still young (thirty years) plus. She so interest on me after the burial/outing service or some months later, she always calling me on the phone that I abandoned her. In fact, I try my best for her by sending money to her through bank account to take herself because I'm leaving at Ajah, My brother did not complete his house project before his untimely death, myself with support of family member complete the building and she is living there at Ogijo Ikorodu. Also her first son (19 years old)stay with me and caring for him.
@ bolded
She gave birth to him at the age of 11+?
And her husband married her at the age of 31+?

*puts on 3D glass* cool

come again please.

28 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by maclatunji: 5:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eze Promoe:
@ bolded

*puts on 3D glass* cool

come again please.

Valid point but I also know that people modify real life stories they post here. If someone describes the entire details about you without errors/modifications, it would not take much to figure the story is about you from acquintances.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eze Promoe:
@ bolded

*puts on 3D glass* cool

come again please.
30 plus may be 31-39. wake up bro.

31 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 07, 2013

Unfortunately, I lost my senior brother (the same mother the same father) three years ago at age of 50, my brother left one wife with five children. My brother's wife still young (thirty years) plus. She so interest on me after the burial/outing service or some months later, she always calling me on the phone that I abandoned her. In fact, I try my best for her by sending money to her through bank account to take herself because I'm leaving at Ajah, My brother did not complete his house project before his untimely death, myself with support of family member complete the building and she is living there at Ogijo Ikorodu. Also her first son (19 years old)stay with me and caring for him. There was a day she told me on the phone that "Did i think she will marry another person after 5 children to my brother" and everything is not money, she want to see me, Infact I feel somehow that day.

Please I need your Help.

First of all,my condolences on the untimely loss of your brother

This story is quite touching and you sound like a genuine guy but please keep your emotions in check and don't have anything romantic to do with your late brother's wife
Polygamy should not be for you first of all then secondly
She is family to you and cannot be your wife
Assist her financially when you can,I am glad you are already helping take care of your nephew but don't mess with her heart
It doesn't end well and when the chips are down,you would have a lot of people hurt including this young widow
If you have a friend you can introduce her ,do so
Take care
Why would you want her out of her husband'd house? That last line sounds very odd
I hope you don't mean it the way it came out.

6 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by EzePromoe: 5:30pm On Mar 07, 2013
Batam:
30 plus may be 31-39. wake up bro.
11 plus maybe 11-20 read my posts very well bro.
Check out the age difference between his brother and the wife.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by olawoleoladipo: 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eze Promoe,

When I am writing this article, I said I NEED YOUR HELP/ADVISE/WAY OUT because this happen to me/my family. But to my surprise EZE PROMOE is laughing at me by saying at what age of brother's wife age/son.

For your information, she married my brother at age of 18 years immediately she passed out secondary school from village and by the grace of God she will clock 39 years by August this year.

Is it clear?

3 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by biolabee(m): 5:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
EZE POMO U DON HEAR NAU..
OYA ADVISE AM

bros i dont think its a good idea for you to be involved with your late brothers wife except maybe on the grounds of tradition
That is if it is allowed in your culture

The jews allowed it for purposes of inheritance and i dont see if it is relevant in this issue
even if it were, the pitfalls are too many

Stay clear

5 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by EzePromoe: 6:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
olawole oladipo: Eze Promoe,

When I am writing this article, I said I NEED YOUR HELP/ADVISE/WAY OUT because this happen to me/my family. But to my surprise EZE PROMOE is laughing at me by saying at what age of brother's wife age/son.

For your information, she married my brother at age of 18 years immediately she passed out secondary school from village and by the grace of God she will clock 39 years by August this year.

Is it clear?
Sorry bro. I wasn't mocking you. Its just that some dudes are kinda fond of narrating what they watched on Africa Magic undecided

9 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by EzePromoe: 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
biolabee: EZE POMO U DON HEAR NAU..
OYA ADVISE AM

bros i dont think its a good idea for you to be involved with your late brothers wife except maybe on the grounds of tradition
That is if it is allowed in your culture

The jews allowed it for purposes of inheritance and i dont see if it is relevant in this issue
even if it were, the pitfalls are too many

Stay clear
I'll advice when I confirm the credibility of the story tongue
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by biolabee(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I'll advice when I confirm the credibility of the story tongue

LMAO.. this guy u no go kill persin

The reality is that it may be true or not
But pple post based on experiences close to them or around them

It is not new that the concept of spousal inheritance but it seems to be at variance with modern realities whcih is the need for the advice

If u get anytin to add, add
we all learn everyday

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by dammytosh: 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
Please remember to share how you sleep with her very soon.

You have a good heart, very nice and already getting emotional.

My advice is to allow her marry anybody she wishes to and come out point blank that you can't be sleeping with her. That is if you have not done that already as i am typing this innocent advice with my innocent fingers.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
What for?
Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Bolarge1(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Tell her that she is free to go and remarry not you. You are married and you need concentration with your wife and family.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by karizmanigeria(m): 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2013
The question remains: can I marry my late senior brother's wife? I think you have already been carrying out late night visits, that's why she keeps calling you, maybe to tell you she is carrying your baby. Now, you, Jesus Christ of widows, saviour of all dead people's wives have twisted that ya mouth to shape it like you are 'helping' her. Is that your priority in life? Good samaritan. Why can't you just be sending her money every month to take care of her children. Must you marry her? Hopeless man!

12 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2013

Please I need your Help.

Dear YORUBA man since ‎u have ur own wife @ home and she is ur late brodas wife kindly take ur eyes off her and if she desires for a man she can marry an outsider or else the Magun in her can still catch ‎u o!!Oke mkpi nwoke di iberibe!!!

10 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by ABsI1: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
First enrol in an english class or rather tell ur story in ur mama tongue. U fit dey fork am for hide&seek instead of marriage proper and then pray make ur broda understand wit u. Abi na una both kill am?

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 07, 2013
if I understand correctly I think the statement you made about asking her to leave the husband house, only applies if she eventually marry someone else? Which I think might be the right call, because personally to me it sounds odd if she marry someone else and the guy moves in with her into her late husband house. Anyway op about marrying her, seriously I would suggest you discuss with her as someone suggested and let her see how it might affect your family and hers as well. If you think your wife is the understanding type ( I don't mean to allow you take a second wife ooh) you might consider discussing this issue with your wife first and you guys should come up with the best wordings for your discussion with your brother's wife. But if you think that your wife knowing might put a strain on the relationship between your wife and your brother's wife ( which is understandable ) I would then suggest you have the discussion with her without your wife getting to know.

On the other hand, I would suggest it is time you guys find a way to make sure that the family house legally belongs to your nephews and nieces but entrusted to their mom without her having the right to alter it. Should she finally get married and possible get another kids, so that some days in the future, your nieces and nephew won't be calling for a family meeting on who owns what and not. I just added this last part seeing that you seem to have a good heart and it would be nice that you ensure that things work out smoothly for both families.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
u mean ur brother married a wife he was older than by 20yrs? Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by Adanyebe(m): 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
IF YOU LIKE MARRY YOUR LATE BROTHER'S JUNIOR SISTER'S COUSIN'S PARENT

4 Likes

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by dedons: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2013
Try it 1st and see the outcome

1 Like

Re: Can I Marry My Senior Brother's Wife? by touchmeder: 7:53pm On Mar 07, 2013

Please I need your Help.

I dont get it. Is she not his widow who probably suffered with him and bore him children before his death? Why in heaven's name should she leave the house. I'm so sorry but i dont understand this. This is the problem with Nigerians why not mind your home, and continue with your life while praying to God and assisting your nephew and his mother in anyway as God blesses you. It now becomes an issue if ever she chooses to remarry because of the house your brother built for his family and you guys completed? This is what people talk about trying to take your brother's house from his widow. If this woman is good, then this property will be for her children eventually thus remaining in the family eventually. Are you doing this because you want another property or for another strange reason? Have you had eyes on this woman?

Eyah. If you were a Muslim, I would have said consider marrying her. She wants a man and has set her eyes on you. No woman would like a co-wife so I understand your wife's position too.

To be honest marrying her sorts out many problems. If we say she should go and look for her own man, what will happen to your neices and nephews?

Talk to your wife about it, who knows she may have the heart of a saint. However, is your ex-brother's wife a decent woman? Can she relate with your wife with respect?

Your story is one of the reasons I can't claim 100% that polygamy is out of the question for me even if I prefer monogamy.

It is a tough call.

Wow are you for real. Honestly speechless lipsrsealed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ex-girlfriend Caught Trying To Use Charms To Wipe Out Her Ex-lover’s Family / Guys, 10 Inexpensive Things You Should Do To Make A Perfect Val's Day / Strangest And Funniest Thing That Has Happened To You During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.