Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:52 PM

Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks (14115 Views)

The Reason Behind The North Controlling Nigeria Political Structure / Ways By Which USA Is Controlling Nigeria / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Feedmemore(f): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
backtosender: Why must reply always come from a S-west?

they are not benefiting anything from the north,

they are becoming a pain in the ass within southern nigeria

Pls S-west yorubas do you enjoy the way Northerners molest you,detain your politicians murder some in the process while some of your

elders will go behind and sell-out their own people,and collect bribes and create segregation within the same tribe..

What are you afraid of??

I baffles me beyond believe.
I thought i was alone on this thought process.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by karpentar: 2:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
lacasa:

South-South especially

In summary, this article explains that the North has most oil blocks but not completely exploring them. Whose fault? It doesn't change the fact that the ownership of more oil blocks resides with Northerner. Don't forget the fact that the blocks will be developed and produced one day. The North controls the oil blocks. Period!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by lacasa: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
invectives:
He Has a point sahib.

Anϑ the point being?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Gayigaskia(m): 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
Take all the oil blocks back to south southerners, what is the chance that common south sotherners will profit an iota from those relocations. Just like it went to the hands of some prominents families and politicians of the north it would probably go to some already rich families in the sout south. So all this noise is just the feeling that northerners are pulling us back lets divide the country. You want to divide the country be ready to fight for it be ready to sacrfice cause it aint coming for cheap.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by kettykin: 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
Well since the Northerners are not controlling oil Block but southerner particularly the Vultures and parasites in the South west GEJ should as well go ahead and revoke all oil Block allocations at present and distribute it again in 2016 using the federal Character allowing each Geopolitical zone a slot and Niger Deltan 2 slots , any body who is not pleased can opt out.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by lacasa: 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2013
karpentar:

In summary, this article explains that the North has most oil blocks but not completely exploring them. Whose fault? It doesn't change the fact that the ownership of more oil blocks resides with Northerner. Don't forget the fact that the blocks will be developed and produced one day. The North controls the oil blocks. Period!!!!!

in what way does the article clearly state wat u affirmed here??

..# Mr. Man its either u did not read the article, or u did not comprehend it after reading
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Prince0500(m): 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
hercules07:

I have been to all three of his platforms, the guy is making serious money off oil, the Nigerian government needs to make money off all these awardees.
And do u think the gvt is nt making money off dis investment?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by lacasa: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
intrepid: Must you act like this everytime on any serious topic?I think Its totally optional to respond to a post.When you haven got anything to say,simply keep off and read wat others are saying.Thank you.

Mr ITK undecided

Didn't even кnoω i did that, must αve bn in error.

Besides, how can i rubbish MY OWN thread

#.. Some folks sef angry
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

There is nothing that can tarnish the north's image more than almost 50 years of misrule, plunder and wanton destruction of Nigeria while chanting one Nigeriya! The north has done a good job of that. No one needs to do more.

Give it up. The only people that will believe such articles are the same traitors that betrayed us southerners in 1967, 1994 and 1998. They are trying to betray us again but we are far wiser now. Can't you see the SS and SE have made up their minds? Open your eyes. Now we have forged a strong alliance with the NC who have also been terribly marginalised and mess up both by the NE/NW and some of their own leaders. Nobody will buy your story anymore. You guys destroyed and plundered Nigeria and used divide and rule tactics to turn us against each other. It will never work again.

Why do you think nobody cared about the last subsidy protest in the SS and SE? Only your slaves will believe your crap again. We are fed up of it. We will get equity whether you like it or not.

Indeed, only when the marriage is benefiting you greedy bastards? Tell us why OJUKWU canvassed for IBB against Goodluck Jonathan in the last election.

Was Ojukwu not the one asking ibos to vote for IBB against his so-called brother?

6 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by 4kmukina: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
kettykin: Well since the Northerners are not controlling oil Block but southerner particularly the Vultures and parasites in the South west GEJ should as well go ahead and revoke all oil Block allocations at present and distribute it again in 2016 using the federal Character allowing each Geopolitical zone a slot and Niger Deltan 2 slots , any body who is not pleased can opt out.

GBAM! if Senator inang assertion was wrong nobody will be jittery about it, but for this sell-out to write a cover up after collecting bribe from his masters in effort to cover up the exposure and make it look like d defence write up came frm a southerner is a hogwash. I will lead a campaign dat will expose this Northern Parasites and their co-horts from South west. Enough is enough! U can't beat us and tell us not to cry, we will cry and bite off ur abunna if u don't address these anomalies!. 1 Nigeria my foot. 1 Nigeria for oil. How many non-yorubas owned cocoa plantation during the pre-oil era?

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by VirginFinder: 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope: And for the record, Adenuga has no oil block. He is fronting for IBB. Adenuga did not acquire any oil block in 1991. He is only fronting for IBB. As at 1996, Adenuga was just an ok guy. My friend's father worked with him. He was importing tin tomatoes and other products at one time.

Olodo!
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by miiraaj: 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

You are very funny. You are quoting jibril Aminu? Will he ever tell you how the oil blocks were shared? You expect him to tell you how those guys were fronting for people? Why did he not say then how IBB and Abacha gave themselves oil blocks? Why did he not say how Abdusalami collected his own? I shake my big head for you! Traitor!

Your big vacuum head!

You are realy a lost soul who can't see the truth. So Sad sad
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by saintohia: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Deep Sight: Interesting article, but I was rather dissapointed after reading it, because no where in the article does the writer address or prove the title - "The North does not control Nigeria's Oil Blocks." Unless such parts are missing in the excerpts above?

The article is a response to Senator Ita Enang's claim at the National Assembly that 83% of indigenously owned oil blocks in Nigeria are owned by Northerners. If Akinnosho wants to disprove that, all he needs to do is show us the figures, period. Nothing in that article up there disproves anything at all.

While the authour dwells on issues like which field is producing and which is not, he completely fails to address the core claim made by Senator Enang.

^^^^^.

You read the article properly,

They would certainly try to deceive those that don't know before now, that the North controls > 83% of oil blocks in Nigeria, which is also the real idea behind Boko Haram.

They should send the rubbish article to a Northern Senator, for him to use it and prove Senator Ita Enang wrong in the Senate.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by initiator(m): 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
I know the writer through his magazine and respect him quite well. However, having spent almost 2 years in an IOC I would spot some inaccuracies in his rebutal. He fails to mention that even Dangote owns about 20% stake in OPL 223 or Owowo as it would be called.
Seplat also has substantial ownership from the present Emir of Kano and one Orjiakor from the east.
Also all the names mentioned by the senator were correct and speak to ownership, not production dynamics. He as a geologist knows that a barren block today could start producing a lot in 5 years. The writer did not disprove the senator. He only tried to say no other tribe is better.

5 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by gratiaeo(m): 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
*556#:

Indeed, only when the marriage is benefiting you greedy bastards? Tell us why OJUKWU canvassed for IBB against Goodluck Jonathan in the last election.

Was Ojukwu not the one asking ibos to vote for IBB against his so-called brother?
Can you back it up with a link??

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
Gayigaskia: Take all the oil blocks back to south southerners, what is the chance that common south sotherners will profit an iota from those relocations. Just like it went to the hands of some prominents families and politicians of the north it would probably go to some already rich families in the sout south. So all this noise is just the feeling that northerners are pulling us back lets divide the country. You want to divide the country be ready to fight for it be ready to sacrfice cause it aint coming for cheap.

But Ojukwu instructed you backstabbing, greedy bastards to vote for IBB against Jonathan, right? We saw how you greedy i'diots were ready to sell your souls to IBB against your so-called eastern brother, when Ojukwu openly asked ibos worldwide to vote for IBB against Jonathan in 2010.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by 4kmukina: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
gratiaeo: On the issue of Super eagle a Yoruba man picked it up.
Nigeria Army came up same Yorubas picked it up.
Aviation minister, Yorubas are the only people who saw wrong from the good work she's doing..............
Them swear for una

I said it in d other thread that they only get high BP at igbos and south south ppl, nothing bad done by abokis are bad in yoruba's eye. They can defend them to death. A55 licking is a big disease.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Duru1(m): 2:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
I am not surprised on the tilted stand taken by the Yoruba author of the article. Mr. Akinosho did not make any attempt to disprove the claims made by Senator Ita Solomon Enang that 83% of Nigerian crude oil blocks are controlled by northerners. Mr. Geologist just reiterated what Senator Enang had said that only 17% of crude oil blocks are shared among the likes of Folawiyo, Abiola, Adenuga and Ibru.

Mr. Geologist was busy defending his\her masters in the skewed article but failed to inform us who or what government led by northerners shared the crude oil blocks. My people say “he\she who holds the yam and knife decides which portion of the yam should be given away”. Northerners, backed by the British and Americans, knew the crude oil rich blocks before allotting them to their friends and brothers. One wonders how Mr. Geologist knew the capacity of crude oil wells before it is sunk. It is not a surprise though that only OML blocks allotted to the northerners are gushing crude oil.

5 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
gratiaeo:
Can you back it up with a link??

Here you have it. Just like Judas selling Jesus for pieces of silver, Ojukwu displayed the genetic ingrained of ibos, which we know are ready to do anything for money even selling their mothers.

Ojukwu, who declared that Babangida deserves a second chance
to rule the nation, said he was convinced that he possessed the
required qualities that could take the country to further heights as,
according to him, IBB remains a strong voice in Nigerian politics.
The ex-Biafran leader, who received a delegation of Campaign
Network for IBB led by Chief Peter Dada Osadebay in his residence
in Enugu, said the former military president remains his bosom
friend.

Among the dignitaries that visited Ojukwu were Chief Emeka Ani
[South East coordinator of the campaign}, Chief Anike Agbo, Alhaji
Nurudeen Gasali Babatunde, Chief Anike Nwoga, Chief Anike
Nwaba, among others.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/2011-ojukwu-canvasses-support-for-ibb/

Only a fool won't know the game plan of your greedy bastards. Just the way went to prison to mockingly whisper," Good morning Nigeria" to Saro Wiwa before Abacha killed him.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by saintohia: 3:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

There is nothing that can tarnish the north's image more than almost 50 years of misrule, plunder and wanton destruction of Nigeria while chanting one Nigeriya! The north has done a good job of that. No one needs to do more.

Give it up. The only people that will believe such articles are the same traitors that betrayed us southerners in 1967, 1994 and 1998. They are trying to betray us again but we are far wiser now. Can't you see the SS and SE have made up their minds? Open your eyes. Now we have forged a strong alliance with the NC who have also been terribly marginalised and mess up both by the NE/NW and some of their own leaders. Nobody will buy your story anymore. You guys destroyed and plundered Nigeria and used divide and rule tactics to turn us against each other. It will never work again.

Why do you think nobody cared about the last subsidy protest in the SS and SE? Only your slaves will believe your crap again. We are fed up of it. We will get equity whether you like it or not.

^^^^

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
miiraaj:

Your big vacuum head!

You are realy a lost soul who can't see the truth. So Sad sad

Stop disturbing yourself with these greedy I'diots. The bottom line is, we know the antics of the ibos. Thesame methods they wanted to use to capture power during the first republic, when their brothers went on ethnic cleansing. Killing other regional leaders but allowing their brothers to run away.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by karpentar: 3:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
lacasa:

in what way does the article clearly state wat u affirmed here??

..# Mr. Man its either u did not read the article, or u did not comprehend it after reading

I think you're the one that refused to understand a simple article. He clearly stated that almost all northern owned oil fields are not producing: e.g.
Cavendish Petroleum - not producing Obe field.
Indimi's Oriental Resources - not producing from owned OML 115 and Okwok field.
Dantata's Express Petroleum - not producing Ukpokiti field
North East Petroleum not producing.
I ask again, whose fault? or does it change the fact that the ownership lies with northerners?

Read and Think, it's easy!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by 4kmukina: 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
*556#:

Here you have it. Just like Judas selling Jesus for pieces of silver, Ojukwu displayed the genetic ingrained of ibos, which we know are ready to do anything for money even selling their mothers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/2011-ojukwu-canvasses-support-for-ibb/

Only a fool won't know the game plan of your greedy bastards. Just the way went to prison to mockingly whisper," Good morning Nigeria" to Saro Wiwa before Abacha killed him.

Ojukwu, who declared that Babangida deserves a second chance
to rule the nation, said he was convinced that he possessed the
required qualities that could take the country to further heights as,
according to him, IBB remains a strong voice in Nigerian politics.
The ex-Biafran leader, who received a delegation of Campaign
Network for IBB led by Chief Peter Dada Osadebay in his residence
in Enugu, said the former military president remains his bosom
friend.

Among the dignitaries that visited Ojukwu were Chief Emeka Ani
[South East coordinator of the campaign}, Chief Anike Agbo, Alhaji
Nurudeen Gasali Babatunde, Chief Anike Nwoga, Chief Anike
Nwaba, among others.

Ewu nama! and where in the article did Ojukwu tell igbos to vote IBB? GEJ got 100% from SE bc of Ojukwu and ohaneze, cud he be contradicting himself? U expect him to chase away the delegate that paid him homage?, yes he said IBB deserve a second chance just like OBJ got a second and third chance but that does not mean Ndigbo will vote IBB? D reply ojukwu gave to IBB delegates is analogous to the "Gud morning" greeting to saro wiwa in d afternoon. U lack comprehension skill. Nkita lachkwa gi anya na abo.

5 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Reptyle(m): 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
CHESSBOARD: Its only a Yoruba Man that will publish this kind of rubbish to shield the Northerners , bloody betrayals. What does ordinary field Geologist know about oil politics. i didn't bother reading all these craps.

You did not "bother to read" but you felt obligated to display your ignorance on the thread. At least even Lastpope and others who have contrary views bothered to read the article. That is one of the main problems with this country. The bandwagon syndrome is a curse to us.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by ckkris: 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
Toyin Akinosho is a devil.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
What is most interesting and also most annoying is the origin of this whole revelation (we have always known it though) and debate. Let us put it in perspective.

The whole show of shame started with the senate debate on the petroleum information bill. This is the most important bill before the NASS. This is a bill with the potential of transforming the whole oil industry and righting the wrongs of the Niger Delta! But alas, the debate and passage has been stalled because of a grand conspiracy from the northen senators and reps. They have been trying to frustrate it with claims that they are being marginalized. Can you imagine that? That is why Senator Enang got pissed and pulled out his cards. Imagine them claiming they are being marginalized! Wicked souls! They want to frustrate the PIB.

6 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by saintohia: 3:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
*556#:

But Ojukwu instructed you backstabbing, greedy bastards to vote for IBB against Jonathan, right? We saw how you greedy i'diots were ready to sell your souls to IBB against your so-called eastern brother, when Ojukwu openly asked ibos worldwide to vote for IBB against Jonathan in 2010.

^^^^^^

Read only, if you don't have something reasonable to say, huh?

And, who did SE vote for? What was the INEC recorded %tage for GEJ in SE?

Listen you people propaganda will never work again on SE / SS.

There's no amount deceit that would confuse any SS/SE person.

3 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by akintun: 3:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
All these abuses and fighting 4 only 7% of d total oil Nigeria produces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Military To Receive Immediate Arms Procurement, Presidency Orders / Release Kanu, Free IPOB Detainees - South-East Monarchs, Bishops Tell Buhari / Lagos To Experience Abnormal Rainfall In 2024 – Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.