Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks (14114 Views)

The Reason Behind The North Controlling Nigeria Political Structure / Ways By Which USA Is Controlling Nigeria / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
omonnakoda:
What the relationship between this and what I am saying? What is so important abou what you are saying; give us our oil.If it is your oil take it. Those who actually own the oil up till 2012 have been taking it until someone stronger comes along . sad you cannot see reality

Reality is reality every where..it is same for comandering oil and same for politicians stealing funds.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
omonnakoda: how many Nigerians have seen oil before.Abeg make we hear word.
Its much easier to count Nigerians who have survived outside of the oil economy..
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by agabaI23(m): 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jarus: On the subject, it is easier for me to believe Akinosho. I know him to ba an authority in O&G matter in Nigeria. His publication is arguably the most authoritative oil and gas publication in Nigeria today.

Even if you don't know him Jarus, the article smacks of thorough research and it is obviously compelling.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
Reminds of the story of a dog that had a piece of meat in its mouth walking over a bridge across a river, it looked down and saw another dog in the river holding a seamingly bigger pice of meat..it jumped into the river amd we know that that one went..

In a bid for everyone to jump on the Nigerdelta Oil we have all forgeten that everyone has one form of resource or the other...this is the root cause of the laziness and curryption thgat we are experiencing today.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by badesco(m): 6:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope: And for the record, Adenuga has no oil block. He is fronting for IBB. Adenuga did not acquire any oil block in 1991. He is only fronting for IBB. As at 1996, Adenuga was just an ok guy. My friend's father worked with him. He was importing tin tomatoes and other products at one time.

Where did you get your facts from? bad belle....haba
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
coolted:
I DIFFER. The writer is playing same gallery we all know. Why hasnt he written THIS article before? HE has a lot to gain. IT IS ON RECORD NORTHERN LEADERS ARE MAJOR PLAYERS IN SS OIL BLOCKS producing or not

Why will he write the article? He wrote a rejoinder. Is rejoinder written without a trigger article? Somebody claims that 'northerners' own 83% of Nigeria's oil blocks, he replied, not because he is a northerner, but because he is an oil & gas journalist and knows much about the industry and want to save people from being miseducated.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Noiseless2: 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
Yorubas,always the willing tools of hausa/fulani distuction, desperation of face saving.

But why always this people?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by RealMccoy2(m): 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
Noiseless2: Yorubas,always the willing tools of hausa/fulani distuction, desperation of face saving.

But why always this people?
Its called backstabbing vulture, although not everyone of them are like that. I wouldn't use the few miscreants that rove around different media outlet to defend master Aboki for a cup of cow milk to judge an entire tribe. I have very close friends that are of same tribe and sometimes express my concerns to them on the behavior of some of their kinsmen. Its obvious their conniving and manipulative attitude is causing a draw back in that country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
We have serious problem in this Nigeria, if supposedly educated people think an innocent article written by a well known oil and gas publisher (whose publication, Africa Oil & Gas report, is regarded as most authoritative in the industry), to correct a misinformation, is a paid agent playing a tribal card. We are in trouble in this country.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by ckkris: 6:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jarus: We have serious problem in this Nigeria, if supposedly educated people think an innocent article written by a well known oil and gas publisher (whose publication, Africa Oil & Gas report, is regarded as most authoritative in the industry), to correct a misinformation, is a paid agent playing a tribal card. We are in trouble in this country.

Toyin Akimosho wrote like a paid agent of people who used military fiat to create 80 Local Govts in Kano/Jigawa, and 20 Local Govts for Lagos, and less for other Southern States, in order to use such numbers to control the National Assembly, and become trully born to rule.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Standing5(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
So what's the ratio of oil well owner from the south to those from the north?

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Obiora4life: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
I think what the author was saying was per volume wise, the 83% figure is totally incorrect given the fact that some of the oil fields today where neither developed or some had very low or no potentials. Per the authors article, volume wise and per the four largest companies producing, he stated ONLY ONE is controlled by the north while others are controlled by the South. In all, it depends on how you look at it. I will rather have assets that are producing (volume), than have several non worthy producing assets which is the false claim the writer is trying to object. In all, I guess it doesn't even matter.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Obiora4life: 6:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
Standing5: So what's the ratio of oil well owner from the southerners to northerners?

I don't think it was about ratio rather volume...

I don't know but according to the article, some of the field are non-performing, most are idle or simple have no potential.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
The question should not be where they are from but what they bring to the table.Essentially none of them has established any companies with competitive expertise that can give Shell or Mobil a run. They are all brokers
So essentially those who get oil blocks are middlemen who go on to sell the blocks without adding any value. Such money as they get should accrue to the communities and government.
As such there should be no oil blocks given to any company/person that needs another company to do the main work. Why can't we have NIGERIAN OIL companies like Total or ELF also going around the world to operate.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by ckkris: 7:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
Okija juju is a Geologist, how come he hasn't weighed in?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
Obiora4life:

I don't think it was about ratio rather volume...

I don't know but according to the article, some of the field are non-performing, most are idle or simple have no potential.

So what on earth does that mean? Why write a rejoinder explaining volumes except you are a paid traitor? Who appointed him the defender of the north? Voltron! Don't the north have their own people who work in the oil industry? Don't the north have journalists and proffesors? The cheap backstabbing idiota has to be the one to do the dirty job! So they can say a southerner agrees with them! Kole kole! Always trying to mop up the dirt and filth! Animal!
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by vizboy(m): 7:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
A simple question i would love to ask

if the author of these write up says that what the ss senator said was a lie then why did the northern senators not oppose him but rather kept short when he made the statement if they know there hands are clean. I cant see any reason that would make u stand still without fighting back when someone accuses you wrongly
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by thelastPope(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
vizboy: A simple question i would love to ask

if the author of these write up says that what the ss senator said was a lie then why did the northern senators not oppose him but rather kept short when he made the statement if they know there hands are clean. I cant see any reason that would make u stand still without fighting back when someone accuses you wrongly

Of course, it was a big bomb shell and the whole senate went quiet, you almost could hear a pin drop! The sweetest part was that David Mark wanted to shut him up subtly by demanding for names and the guy just reached into his bag and brought out his ammunition and reeled it out sharp sharp! They don't know that ND people don't fear anyone! We no dey take shiite!

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
thelastPope:

So what on earth does that mean? Why write a rejoinder explaining volumes except you are a paid traitor? Who appointed him the defender of the north? Voltron! Don't the north have their own people who work in the oil industry? Don't the north have journalists and proffesors? The cheap backstabbing idiota has to be the one to do the dirty job! So they can say a southerner agrees with them! Kole kole! Always trying to mop up the dirt and filth! Animal!

So, a man gets involved in investigative journalism in order to ascertain the truth and all of a sudden hes a traitor? What kind of bush man are you?

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DeepSight(m): 8:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jarus: We have serious problem in this Nigeria, if supposedly educated people think an innocent article written by a well known oil and gas publisher (whose publication, Africa Oil & Gas report, is regarded as most authoritative in the industry), to correct a misinformation, is a paid agent playing a tribal card. We are in trouble in this country.

I for one am not interested in the tribal/ conspiracy card. What I need you to show me is what part of the article disproves Senator Enang's claim - despite its title? Simple.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Benzora(m): 8:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
Your article is rather the one making strong efforts to mislead. I wonder how much you were paid by the north for this fairy tale. Hogwash!
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Dsecret: 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Afam4evaIsASlut:

So, a man gets involved in investigative journalism in order to ascertain the truth and all of a sudden hes a traitor? What kind of bush man are you?
wat
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by naijaking1: 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jarus: On the subject, it is easier for me to believe Akinosho. I know him to ba an authority in O&G matter in Nigeria. His publication is arguably the most authoritative oil and gas publication in Nigeria today.

Ah Oga Jarus, how body now?
How is that business with SLS going at the CBN
I see say him or his family also get oil field self. So next time you guys come out do your song and dance about Nigeria's economy vis a viz banking, let someone ask your Oga about 'im oil block!!!

Akinosho maybe an encylopedia of oil business in Nigeria, but we know that the best encylopedias are the ones regularly edited and updated.
Akinosho did not disproof anything, he simply gave an update about oil fields under production, that changed hands, or expanded. He did not refute the Senator's allegation one bit.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Aringarosa(m): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Amasuccess: 9:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
author=DaLover]

Let me ask : At what poit will it be possible for southeners to own 83% of the arable farmland in the North....

cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Afam4evaIsASlut: 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2013
D-secret:
Excuse me joor are you saying a few millon dollars might not av change hands b4 d op wrote d article ? ehn are u 100 percent sure d OP z not fronting 4 D north.Am dissapointed cos it came tru a yoruba man.Some pple n dis forum will clam to b intelligent but they r not seeing d bigger picture.

While I do not think that money exchanged hands for this article to be written (did you even bother to check the author's credentials?), I cannot for a fact say it didnt happen. Now, can you say FOR A FACT that it was? Are 100% sure the OP is fronting FOR the North? Why are you disappointed it came through a Yoruba man? Were you expecting that a Yoruba man, or men of certain tribes, should tell the truth or lies based on how they "identify" (tribally or religiously) with you they want to villify or praise? Is that your criteria for ascertaining truth or falsity?

Dude, you need to open your mind more.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by malignant1: 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2013

We have moved past the age of "AUTHORITATIVE". The world is now in the age of "EVIDENCE-BASED/FACT-BASED". When you have no evidence to support your assertion, why not stay by the sideline, instead of throwing words carelessly.

Nobody knows all. Informations are continually updated. The writer knows only the informations that were made available to him. Moreover, he did not disprove anything.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by olufunmibi(m): 10:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
Most of you guys on Nairaland politics who make yourselves online lion and Tigers are feather weight inconsequential entities in real life. If we get this kind of virile demonstrations and debate in real life, Nigeria would have either become inevitably better or sporadically disintegrate. Let us stop fingerpointing, tribal accusations online, let us all shed our carapaces of anonymity and become, in our different capacities and places of influence the arbiters of Revolution. I'm Yoruba,my team mate at work is Calabar and many of my Clients are Igbos, a lot of them, and I can look at them in the faces and put it to them that I'm not their problem, and I tell you friends, that 99.9% of them will agree with that assertion. This tribal angle will just keep enslaving us to the ruling oligarchy, it shouldn't be a tribal war! It should be a class warfare, the Capitalist Niggers versus the Poor working and non working class masses!I'm oluuwafunmibi,permanently Yoruba, but I'm not your problem!
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 10:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
It is impossible to disprove what has not been proven or can anyone disprove that there are no littel red men on the moon
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by edetcnn(m): 11:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
All this grammar to refute the fact the north controls the Nigerian oil wealth? or to earn another invite to the yacht parties from Lukman et al for a well executed Image laundering junket? Akinosho is simply trying to protect the interests of his northern masters. We know what we know!
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 11:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

Yes ooo, it didnt take much time to get to insult level...
support fashola to fight for VAT generated in Lagos and support the FG to deprive people from the ND of their rights.

There is so little the govt can do under the prevailing laws of our land. Asking subsets of the federation to take charge of their resources calls for a fundamental change in the constitution that will involve rewriting it and not the wasteful amendments going on now. And that explains my stance on the need for SNC.
Till then, the resources of the ND is the fundamental right of all Nigerians to feast on. Ur anger to this won't stop it no doubt.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 11:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

Have you ever wondered whey we are so unproductive and lazy?

There used to be a law that prevented people/companies from generating power...it was recently removed bt the GEJ administration....

More injurious laws exists that encourages complacency. For example, why should states always assemble in abuja every month to collect money? However when I realised that the resources of the states first go to abuja by law first before anything then I no longer blame the state. It's a structural problem. That is what we should tackle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Does Onitsha Mean in Eegboe Language. Onitsha is No Man's land / Atiku And Buhari Missing For Presidential Debate / Secondus Battles For Survival, As Wike Plots PDP Chairman's Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.