Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks (14128 Views)

The Reason Behind The North Controlling Nigeria Political Structure / Ways By Which USA Is Controlling Nigeria / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
Demdem:

Basically, all major tribes have appreciable access to our collective wealth and not not strictly a northern thing.

I will never understand this concept of collective wealth..i swear?
This concept that there is free money for all to be enjoyed is really astonishing

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
akintun: All these abuses and fighting 4 only 7% of d total oil Nigeria produces.

Yeah, read that also. The retardardeen (SS) is in charge of the rest. grin grin
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

This concept that there is free money for all to be enjoyed is really astonishing

Look, I have discussed this issue with u before.
Until we go back to regional govts or the retardeen commence the disintegration process to break up this entity, there is nothing u all can do. The oil belongs to all the way other resources from other parts of the country belongs to all. grin
That is the basis of our togetherness. What the constitution states.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 4:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
whats wrong if we allow people to exploit their own resources and pay tax?
why must the FG manage oil, coal, or any mineral deposit?
Its really funny men...

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by saved: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Akinosho only knows the technical side of Oil blocks but, he does not know the present political Oil block "arrangee" . Some Northerners are using the southerners he mentioned as smoke screen, some as proxy or puppets while the puppetiers are Northerners. We know some journalists are paid agents, after all, Big, Brown Envelopes with Dollars easily change hands as honorarium. Breeze don blow, we don see Fowl yansh. More revelations pleaaaaaase!
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

Actually it is not free and it is not shared. Otherwise most of us won't be here on NL wasting time.But all Nigerians have a right to compete for it.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover: whats wrong if we allow people to exploit their own resources and pay tax?
Its really funny men...

When you say people who exactly do you mean ?? Nigerian people Cameroonians ,Local government.State government. Exactly who be specific.Are you saying if I own land I should get the oil personally?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2013
Demdem:

Look, I have discussed this issue with u before.
Until we go back to regional govts or the retardeen commence the disintegration process to break up this entity, there is nothing u all can do. The oil belongs to all the way other resources from other parts of the country belongs to all. grin
That is the basis of our togetherness. What the constitution states.

What wrong with the states? what stops states from comming together to form an association?
even so, what has regoinal government got to do with a man tilling his farm or drilling an oil well in his land?

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
la furia:
a common info in the niger-delta as a perfect excuse for ur under development. when niger deltas asked why the their government isnt doing much, the government tells them that the north stole their oil. its a recycled theme. no nobody dares mention the oil block owned by southerners, no, the need to keep blame game going so that the people wont revolt against them.
THANK YOU...AND YOU HAVE JUST DESCRIBED THE EXACT SCENARIO THATS HAS BEEN YOUR LOTS IN THE NORTH OVER THESE YEARS...BEATS ME WHY A PARTICULAR SECTION IS'NT INTERESTED IN ANY CONCRETE OR POSITIVE MATTER ESPECIALLY AS REGARDS HOW IT CAN HELP ITSELF WITH THE UNDESERVED ALLOCATIONS IT APPROPRIATED TO ITSELF OR LOOK WITHIN AND INULGE IN SELF HELP PROCESSES AS IS BEING DONE IN OTHER REGIONS WITH FAR LESS ALLOCATIONS OR OPPORTUNITIES,BUT INSTEAD DECIDES TO FOCUS THEIR DEMONIC ATTENTION TO WHAT AND WHAT GOES TO OTHER REGIONS,SIGNING POWER AGREEMENTS SINCE 1999,CHECKMATING AND HAVING A DATABASE OF POSITIONS OCCUPIED BY SOUTHERNERS,IHEJIRIKA,DIEZIANI,....
THE OIL PRODUCING STATES DESERVE 50% OF REVENUES DERIVED FROM CRUDE OIL AND FOR A REGION TO OPPOSE A MERE ADDITION OF 10% TO AN UNFAIR 13% DERIVATION FORMULA...SHOWS WE CERTAINLY HAVE BEEN COHABITING WITH devils.
2014:TO YOUR TENTS

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover: whats wrong if we allow people to exploit their own resources and pay tax?
Its really funny men...

Am an advocate of regional govt u should know that. However, because the status quo favours some privileged peeps, we are stuck. Only a leader with balls can rescue us.
As it is now, enugu can't export its coal to the outside world independently likewise other states with resources.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
omonnakoda: Actually it is not free and it is not shared. Otherwise most of us won't be here on NL wasting time.But all Nigerians have a right to compete for it.
so if i find gold in my compound...everybody should compete for it...an you dont have a fundamental problem with that...?
Your sense of justise is ok with that?

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by RealMccoy2(m): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
They keep on playing the devil's advocate for little crumb or fake promises given to them. I know there are wise ones amongst them like our great Fela, Soyinka and Gani. Majority of my good friends are from their turf but they are no where close to fulani a.s.s kissers. You may be sharing the same quoran and bear "Alhaji" as core northerners but they wont trust you enough to lead them in friday prayers in Mosque. Southern Sudan was like a dream to the Northern oppressors at first but were speechless when an independent state was declared without a blood shed or resistance. If your people are superior and independent as you all boast about, why not fight for resources control or true federalism? After all Ondo state has oil
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

What wrong with the states? what stops states from comming together to form an association?
even so, what has regoinal government got to do with a man tilling his farm or drilling an oil well in his land?

Our federation is defective. Our structure is faulty. That's the foundation. Until that is done, we will continue to patch our mess painfully.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 5:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:
so if i find gold in my compound...everybody should compete for it...an you dont have a fundamental problem with that...?
Well if you find gold in your compound you should have the power to stop others taking it from you. That is the essence of sovreignty.Even in the wild A lion may kill meat and hyaenas bully it and take it. So to define an area as your compound you must be able to control it.That is the starting point. Anything else is just naive and not facing reality
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
Demdem:

Am an advocate of regional govt u should know that. However, because the status quo favours some privileged peeps, we are stuck. Only a leader with balls can rescue us.
As it is now, enugu can't export its coal to the outside world independently likewise other states with resources.

maybe you do not understand me...what I am saying is that Enugu should not be exporting or exploring coal...there is a family, person or community that onws the lan where coal is located...they should be the ones doing that....
so it doesnt matter weather the political structure is eastern regonal gopvernment or enugu state government...the man exploiting the coal pays his taxes to his lga....and so on...
How simple can it get?

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

maybe you do not understand me...what I am saying is that Enugu should not be exporting or exploring coal...there is a family, person or community that onws the lan where coal is located...they should be the ones doing that....
so it doesnt matter weather the political structure is eastern regonal gopvernment or enugu state government...the man exploiting the coal pays his taxes to his lga....and so on...
How simple can it get?
That is very naive and can only work where everyone is full. Even in a country you think you can live safely when you have electricity and clean water when every one else is hungry. No one owns land ab initio. There is always a starting point,conflict,reversal,counter reversal ad infinitum. God did not draw any maps and lands belong to those who can hold them..
The only reason Kuwait is not part of Iraq today is because somebody somewhere opened his barracks and ordered his troops to check Sadaam. No one owns any part on this planet if they cannot defend it any more than a Lion owns a part of the jungle.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

Is ur compound not part of the country. Struck Gold and keep ur mouth shut unless the constitution empowers is to take over ur compound and use the wealth there in for our collective good. grin grin
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
omonnakoda: Well if you find gold in your compound you should have the power to stop others taking it from you. That is the essence of sovreignty.Even in the wild A lion may kill meat and hyaenas bully it and take it. So to define an area as your compound you must be able to control it.That is the starting point. Anything else is just naive and not facing reality

Its good you are saying this because now that you have agreed that the strongest earns the right, you should be very comfortable with Nigeria as it is...those with the opportunity are taking things (free things) because they are in a position to do so....

It would be double talk to complain about politician stealing from Nigeria and then turn around to engourage the country to deny people their rights to their resources.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:11pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

How simple can it get?

Oga, the laws of the land frowns against such on all natural resources. Coal is a natural resource.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by saved: 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
Its really funny men...

:- Na so you hate poli-trickcians?. How dem go see money loot if your proposal works. Another name for Nigeria's Democracy is "IWURUWURU" If you put Maurice na you sabi o

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
Demdem:

Is ur compound not part of the country. Struck Gold and keep ur mouth shut unless the constitution empowers is to take over ur compound and use the wealth there in for our collective good. grin grin

Yes ooo, it didnt take much time to get to insult level...
support fashola to fight for VAT generated in Lagos and support the FG to deprive people from the ND of their rights.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
saved: :- Na so you hate poli-trickcians?. How dem go see money loot if your proposal works. Another name for Nigeria's Democracy is "IWURUWURU" If you put Maurice na you sabi o

The issue of looting is secondary, during the first republic, the western region was run on taxes paid by cocoa farmers and associated people...politicians looting money do not discriminate between money generated by taxes and money from free oil
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 5:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

Its good you are saying this because now that you have agreed that the strongest earns the right, you should be very comfortable with Nigeria as it is...those with the opportunity are taking things (free things) because they are in a position to do so....

It would be double talk to complain about politician stealing from Nigeria and then turn around to engourage the country to deny people their rights to their resources.
I believe the most importan resource is the brain and so I don't even think about all these rubbish. What resources does Japan or Korea have or all those countries that buy our oil. How do they pay. Believe me Nigeria can be better with ZERO oil so forget all that resources yarn. If we develop one only ONE OIL company with the expertise of SHELL we will make more than any country with oil. Shell benefits from BRAIN POWER and that is why they can go all over the world cleaning up.They know how to bring oil out of the ground.That is even more important than having oil
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
You are so hung up on oil and resources .What value do you add to anything personally
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by RealMccoy2(m): 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

Please dont engage these guys in any intelligent argument, they are half baked educated and think with one side of their Brain. Go through their post you will notice how they speak with both sides of their mouth. IBB understood them very well and that was why he doubted their generals participating in a coup against Abacha. When it comes to oil, its one Nigeria but when it comes to doing business in the former state capital it's go back to your village even though majority of the lazy scums crying are from Abeokuta and some rocky forest in Ekiti state.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by 9jii(m): 5:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
I knew that report was not true but i enjoyed the way it hurts the Haters.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2013
Demdem:

Oga, the laws of the land frowns against such on all natural resources. Coal is a natural resource.

Have you ever wondered whey we are so unproductive and lazy?

There used to be a law that prevented people/companies from generating power...it was recently removed bt the GEJ administration....

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
omonnakoda:
I believe the most importan resource is the brain and so I don't even think about all these rubbish. What resources does Japan or Korea have or all those countries that buy our oil. How do they pay. Believe me Nigeria can be better with ZERO oil so forget all that resources yarn. If we develop one only ONE OIL company with the expertise of SHELL we will make more than any country with oil. Shell benefits from BRAIN POWER and that is why they can go all over the world cleaning up.They know how to bring oil out of the ground.That is even more important than having oil

whats the relationship between this and what I have been saying?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by RealMccoy2(m): 5:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
9jii.:
I knew that report was not true but i enjoyed the way it hurts the Haters.
Stay away from child po.rno.graphy you ped.ophile.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by DaLover(m): 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
omonnakoda: You are so hung up on oil and resources .What value do you add to anything personally

I am hung up on oil? how about a country that build it life around oil? a citizens that insist on have access to free oil?
are you for real?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

I am hung up on oil? how about a country that build it life around oil? a citizens that insist on have access to free oil?
are you for real?
how many Nigerians have seen oil before.Abeg make we hear word.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
DaLover:

whats the relationship between this and what I have been saying?
What the relationship between this and what I am saying? What is so important abou what you are saying; give us our oil.If it is your oil take it. Those who actually own the oil up till 2012 have been taking it until someone stronger comes along . sad you cannot see reality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Nairalander Back From Maiduguri Reports / FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings / Tension In Jos As Election Tribunal Set To Rule On Plateau Gov. Elec. Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.