Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks (14133 Views)

The Reason Behind The North Controlling Nigeria Political Structure / Ways By Which USA Is Controlling Nigeria / Nigeria’s Richest Oil Blocks Owners Exposed: Names & Detail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Duru1(m): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
lacasa:

The Senator gave an educated estimation?.

#.. Obviously, selective judgement is a concept alien to you & the rogue senator.

Check ur records, the article is from a reknowned veteran in nigeria's oil anϑ gas industry, not an overpaid half-baked politician from the creeks.

There is nothing selective about the presentations by Senator Enang and the geologist in Toyin Akinosho. Senator Enang had scholarly enumerated that more than 83% of Nigerian crude oil blocks are owned by northerners. The ebullient senator went further to state that the owners included but not limited to characters such as Danjuma, Bayero, Atiku, Dantata and Shagari.

In the other hand, the so-called geologist who is not even a petroleum engineer was busy vomiting uneducated number of barrel an unstuck well can produce in a day. If the hack writer was an average authority in Nigerian Oil and Gas sector as people would want us to believe, he would have informed us about the number of OML owned by the characters from northern Nigeria as opposed to southern Nigeria.

I do not have to be an expert on Oil and Gas industry to reel out educated estimate of barrels of crude oil produced by Nigeria in a day. The geologist’s article without iota of statistics to prove the senator wrong is a waste of time at best.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by ewet: 2:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
So senator Ita Enang just got us all excited for nothing. It shows our totally bereft our politicians are andd you can imagine how nigeria is suffering from having the likes of Ita Enang leading us.
well done bros. Your article is detailed and well informed.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Dsecret: 2:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
[quote author=*556#]
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by kabba7(m): 3:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
haka_nai: Don't sweat it !!! Its always about hate for the North.Anything will fly if it makes the North look bad.The senator who made the allegations should be ashamed of himself.Extracting information without verifying its authenticity.
Atleast the haters would have had there fill and slept fine hoping another damning blow has made it's way to tarnish the northern image. undecided undecided undecided undecided

I just wonder why for The south southern & thier south earth uncle's labour so much hatred for notherners meanwhile mor than 65% pof thier total population leave in the north making a living .
I will rather eat sleep & rest in a hausa Fulani home than risk my life in an Igbo mans seriously speaking
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Eziachi: 6:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
*556#:

Delta? Shut it!

Ibo na ibo. He can claim whatever he want, but won't change the fact that he is ibo. Whether delta ibo or not ibo na ibo.

Just like how Major. Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu went ahead to kill Sardauna after living in his house for years, ate his food and drank his water.

You ibos can not fool anyone with treacherous nature again. My question to you is, why did Ojukwu canvassed supports for IBB against Jonathan?

What has this thread got to do with a dead Ojukwu and who he canvassed for support? Who give a fu@ck who Ojukwu supported? (apologies for my Language, am......)
Who did you and your people canvassed and voted for in 2011?

This thread is about oil block, nothing to do with Igbo, Yoruba or anyone else. Some like you don't like intellectual exchange of views, unless tribal name calling comes into it and once that is done, then they comes to life. And minus tribal argument, they got nothing upstairs to offer.

If you got nothing meaningful or insightful to say, why not go to the hip hop section, where you will be much more useful. This is for people that at least know how to cross the road.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Eziachi: 6:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
pluto04:

Is that the way justice works in Nigeria? I thought the accuser had to prove and not the other way round.
You are right, the way justice works is that the senator has made an allegation with names mentioned and a document he claimed to support his argument, its then the turn of those that disapprove of his allegation to present a counter argument, names and document to prove he was wrong and gain I am not saying that he was right and I want to hear from the other side, unfortunately this article do not do that but talking entirely different thing (1ins/working of oil industry in Nigeria)
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Eziachi: 6:47pm On Mar 09, 2013
Demdem:

We are talking about a senator of the repulblic, u made mention of el-Rufai. Besides refer me to any of el Rufais comments that I click with that isn't verifiable. When u say u guys, u will need to be more specific and deal with individuals and not lumping them together.
These allegations aren't new to me, vast majority of ND peeps have been made to believe such.
A senator made a political statement all in an effort to prune down the norths wings so that the PIB will pass in my opinion and that to u is calling him names or what exactly are u saying? What names have I called him?
Av u ever wondered why no one seems to have the full list? Or are u insinuating that both madueke or retardeen who seems to be ND don't know either?
Besides its all less than 10% of our total production. The largesse still lies in the hands and control of the ND so where is the marginalization here?

I mentioned El Rufai, because you in particular agrees with every allegation he mades about Jonathan and his govt. Are you believing whim simply because of your dislike for Jonathan or because you knew for a fact that Rufai is right or making sense?
The reason you didn't believe this senator, is it because you think he is connected to this government, therefore he has to be wrong?

You should know that I am not a fan of any of this politicians no matter where they come from, but I do alway insist that people like Rufai or Ezekwesili should be proven wrong with a counter superior argument from GEJ fan club instead of shouting them down or calling them liars , that is exactly what I am doing in this case.
If everything relating to GEJ has to be wrong to you and anything against him is right, your argument on issues can't be credible then because is bias, especially when I knew agree with you over many issues because it makes sense to me. I like people who say things the way they see is, not people that say things based on pre determined angle.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by omonnakoda: 6:58pm On Mar 09, 2013
What kind of people are people like El Rufai and Ezekwesili?
I believe anyone making a claim has to substantiate it convincingly. That is THEIR responsibility.Yes they should NOT be shouted down but given space to air their views. But that does not absolve them of the duty of proof.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by abbeybanks(m): 8:17pm On Mar 09, 2013
Those whose wells are idle should have their licences revoked and a more transparent means set-up for equi-distribution.
Still fancy the Venezuela' model, refine the oil for the citizen and invest in other sector for export then this sectorianism will STOP
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 10, 2013
Eziachi:
What has this thread got to do with a dead Ojukwu and who he canvassed for support? Who give a fu@ck who Ojukwu supported? (apologies for my Language, am......)
Who did you and your people canvassed and voted for in 2011?

This thread is about oil block, nothing to do with Igbo, Yoruba or anyone else. Some like you don't like intellectual exchange of views, unless tribal name calling comes into it and once that is done, then they comes to life. And minus tribal argument, they got nothing upstairs to offer.

If you got nothing meaningful or insightful to say, why not go to the hip hop section, where you will be much more useful. This is for people that at least know how to cross the road.

Shut it!

Like seriously you Igbos think you are smart? are you suffering from selective amnesia not to see what your useless brothers are writing on this thread? what has this thread has to do with all the nonsense you greedy bastards wrote on this thread? someone made his personal analysis about what he thinks about the true situation of oil blocks distribution and before anything, your foolish greedy people have started accusing a whole ethnic group and calling us names. Just click on the first page and see what these foolish were busy writing.

and yes, my post is a reply to you foolish ones and got everything to with the thread. you want us to play by the rule after writing stupid things and lies about us. Who brought up alliance of SS, SE and NC to make the SW look bad? was is it not you greedy bastards that started writing and insulating US? How can what the OP wrote affect me to warrant you bastards grouping the whole group and calling us names? what is my business with who owns oil block or not that made you greedy bastards to start abusing us?

You greedy bastards can't deceive anyone again, Ironsi, Ojukwu and Zik tried it in the past and failed. You wanted to make us look bad, as usual hoping that will make the south south fall into your trap by taking you as friends, when in reality you never liked them as evidently portrayed by Ojukwu calling all Igbos to vote for IBB?

No one is going to seat down and allow you greedy bastards repeat 1947, where you made us the scapegoat and aligned with the northerners, only to start begging for our assistance when the northerners outplayed you in your treachery.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2013
all4naija: You are the person insinuating that. My statement is clear that if it were to be so it's rightfully theirs as to entitlement. It is clear you lacked comprehension and quick to conclude on a shallow mindedness.

u arent putting ur brain to work no doubt. I said nothing contrary. the bottom line is its foolish for those presenting controlling the resources to be complaining. For what again?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
Demdem:

u arent putting ur brain to work no doubt. I said nothing contrary. the bottom line is its foolish for those presenting controlling the resources to be complaining. For what again?
First and foremost, that was a rhetorical question. How are they controlling them when they are not receiving anything? You keep begging the question by putting it on edge just to rub innocent people with another man's crime. Aren't Ken Sarowiwa case and the militant fighting evidences to that? What is your claim now when that is not actual the reality on ground?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:13pm On Mar 10, 2013
Eziachi:

I mentioned El Rufai, because you in particular agrees with every allegation he mades about Jonathan and his govt. Are you believing whim simply because of your dislike for Jonathan or because you knew for a fact that Rufai is right or making sense?
The reason you didn't believe this senator, is it because you think he is connected to this government, therefore he has to be wrong?

U are wrong and i demand an apology. Besides i seldom goes to threads as regards him. i agree with some and disagree with some. The rest of ur questions are irrelevant.

You should know that I am not a fan of any of this politicians no matter where they come from, but I do alway insist that people like Rufai or Ezekwesili should be proven wrong with a counter superior argument from GEJ fan club instead of shouting them down or calling them liars , that is exactly what I am doing in this case.

there are some declarations that dont even need a response and his issue fall into such. if a senator stands up in NASS and demand that the retardeen should be impeached because he is gay or some sort, will u still demand a counter argument from GEJ fan club that he isnt gay or some sort? every issue cant be lumped together. they really have to be looked into individually and decisions made on each cases. A man stood up without any evidence or even small instances that north is in charge of the pet industry under a govt headed by an ND man and u feel such is so? well, i dont think so. the declaration to me as K-leg.

If everything relating to GEJ has to be wrong to you and anything against him is right,

Thank u for once for the word IF. Everything relating to the retardeen isnt wrong to me.

your argument on issues can't be credible then because is bias, especially when I knew agree with you over many issues because it makes sense to me. I like people who say things the way they see is, not people that say things based on pre determined angle.

well the above isnt neccessary because everything about the retardeen isnt wrong to me.

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:26pm On Mar 10, 2013
all4naija: First and foremost, that was a rhetorical question.

u qouted my post and asked a question, i answered and now u are declaring that its a rhetorical question? are u ok at all?

How are they controlling them when they are not receiving anything?

they are surely receiving, its just that it isnt twinkling down to the down trodden. even if the north is in control as stated by the senator, it will just be less than 10% of the total Nigerian production. the rest are in the control of the FG (retardeen, Madueke, Ngozi) and their JV or PSC partners who administer these wealth. the truth is they control the lion share.

You keep begging the question by putting it on edge just to rub innocent people with another man's crime.

what is the crime here and who is the innocent person?

Aren't Ken Sarowiwa case and the militant fighting evidences to that?

Abegii, with due respect to the death, his era is gone. A lot has happened after this. Stupendous wealth has come in to the region over the years and unfortunately has fallen to greedy arseholes who has deem it fit not to allow the most affected benefit. i wont be surprise if Sarowiwa is ashamed in his grave today. even those that fought afterwards, where are they today? evidence shows that they were indeed fighting for their pockets and not the people they claim they are fighting for.

What is your claim now when that is not actual the reality on ground?

The reality is the ND is currently in charge and they control the industry. Any other thing is noise to the ears. i expect them to make use of it isely doe the benefit of their people because very soon, it may be taken away from them.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
^^^
I can't leave Sarowiwa case out of the issue. It is an indication though. Those who have gave out most of the oil wells like IBB and Abacha have not been questioned. Those oil wells are still in the hands of those people. I don't know how the Niger-Delta people are in charge of the oil well as your claimed here. If you mean the person in power(the president) is from that region,that is correct and is a different thing entirely. He is not controlling those oil wells as well not giving them back to the people. What he did is to make the resource allocation is just a little better, that is what I can see in all of these.

It is clear the Northerners are still controlling these oil wells. I would be very glad if GEJ can take back these oil wells from these illegal owners and turn them into state properties, as you refused to accept the obvious.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
all4naija: ^^^
I can't leave Sarowiwa case out of the issue. It is an indication though.

i have no problem with that. he fought truly for injustice of his people suffering from environmental degradation in the hands of the poers that be. However current challenges arent that again. the bulk of the enviromental mess is sabotage. Shell is now much more responsible than before. besides the people are still making things difficult for themselves.

Those who have gave out most of the oil wells like IBB and Abacha have not been questioned.

and who is empowered to question (if need be) the one alive or members of govt of the dead one? is it me or the retardeen who is a ND

Those oil wells are still in the hands of those people. I don't know how the Niger-Delta people are in charge of the oil well as your claimed here.

lets even assume all these oil wells are in the hands of the Northerners, do u know its less than 10 percent of our total production? however its not. these oil wells are in the hands of all. Even the ones with the northerners, they will need appreciable southern collaborators to succeed in whatever they want to do here so what is ur problem?

If you mean the person in power(the president) is from that region,that is correct and is a different thing entirely.

no its not different. by virtue of the kind of democracy we practised, he is the alpha and omega. The powers that the president of Nigeria possesses in his federation is far more superior to what even obama possesses in his own union.

He is not controlling those oil wells as well not giving them back to the people. What he did is to make the resource allocation is just a little better, that is what I can see in all of these.

Give me one well-owner name that isnt loyal to the president? One name that wont abide by what the president demand? u obviously dont know the kind of powers he possesses no doubt. besides, most of these guys (north inclusive) who are into politics allign with the killer party which the retardeen heads.

It is clear the Northerners are still controlling these oil wells.

yes, northerners control some wells while southerners also control some. Above all, the south is in charge. that is what is clear here.

I would be very glad if GEJ can take back these oil wells from these illegal owners and turn them into state properties, as you refused to accept the obvious.

Give me one good reason why they are illegal owners? is it because they are northerners? Show me one part from our law books that these ones have violated? just show me something no matter how small that makes it illegal. Even the retardeen in his daft state wont see reason into that no doubt.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
^^^^
Your way of quoting is difficult to read. Well, it is clear Northerners are still in possession of those oil wells!
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
all4naija: ^^^^
You way of quoting is difficult to read. Well, it is clear Northerners are still in possession of those oil wells!

My comments are boldened, urs arent. That was a flimsy excuse

yes, northerners control some wells while southerners also control some. Above all, the south is in charge. that is what is clear here.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 10, 2013
Demdem:

My comments are boldened, urs arent. That was a flimsy excuse

No! I mean difficult to read and quoting you back. Why must Northerners control Southerners recourses at all?
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 7:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
all4naija: No! I mean difficult to read and quoting you back.

Its possible. just need extra effort on ur part.

Why must Northerners control Southerners recourses at all?

because current laws of the land allow such. It isnt out of place.

Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 12, 2013
^^^
It would be easier for me to use a Tilda for indication.

It is right time the laws must be amended! As the resources are not benefiting the communities at the hands of the Northerners.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Demdem(m): 5:26am On Mar 12, 2013
It would be easier for me to use a Tilda for indication.

It is right time the laws must be amended! As the resources are not benefiting the communities at the hands of the Northerners.

While waiting for the laws to be ammended, the ND still receives much more allocation from different sources unlike other regions, how well has the communities benefited?
Am asking this not because I don't want the law to be rewritten and not ammended but just to prove to u that there are even bigger challenges than the law itself.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by cfours: 5:32am On Mar 12, 2013
I think the myth that "northerners control Nigeria" needs to be thoroughly dispelled as I doubt the credibility of it.
In fact, I think northern population are some of the most marginalized in the entire country. something needs to be done esp for the infrastructure and overall development up there. all these boko haram, fringe movements are symptoms of extreme poverty.
we like to point fingers at the north because they have very little presence among us. therefore they aren't there to defend themselves or attack their detractors.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by free13: 11:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
I can't leave Sarowiwa case out of the issue. It is an indication though. Those who have gave out most of the oil wells like IBB and Abacha have not been questioned. Those oil wells are still in the hands of those people. I don't know how the Niger-Delta people are in charge of the oil well as your claimed here. If you mean the person in power(the president) is from that region,that is correct and is a different thing entirely. He is not controlling those oil wells as well not giving them back to the people. What he did is to make the resource allocation is just a little better, that is what I can see in all of these.

It is clear the Northerners are still controlling these oil wells. I would be very glad if GEJ can take back these oil wells from these illegal owners and turn them into state properties, as you refused to accept the obvious.

They criminals in nigeria have always oppressed the niger-delta people.
Re: Northerners Are Not Controlling Nigeria's Oil Blocks by Onechancearmy(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2018
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Father Mbaka Blasts "One Nigeria" Igbos / Social Media Bill: Protests To Rock National Assembly / EFCC Denies Obiano Bail, May Get Court Order To Hold Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.