Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (19721 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
austinsmat: after this NCC will also look into data bundle price
very sensible comment

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
Cant wait....

..but you guys should know you can only port out ONCE in 90 days and if the data you supply while registering the new sim of the network you are porting to does not match the data you provided when you registered with the network you are ditching, your porting out will not be successful.

Source: http://www.ogbongeblog.com/2013/03/mobile-number-portability-in-nigeria.html
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by dmcdad: 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
tonyx4x44: If na true eMptyhen don die!
Guy no be lie oooo

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by adewasco2k(m): 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Cant wait....

..but you guys should know you can only port out ONCE in 90 days and if the data you supply while registering the new sim of the network you are porting to does not match the data you provided when you registered with the network you are ditching, your porting out will not be successful.

This is a serious matter!!! still not as flexible as i thought
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
Apparently, MTN has ample foes on ground already... dont get too excited folks, I bet the migration fee will be outrageous.. fingers crossed lipsrsealed ...
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Greatken007(m): 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
AM sure MTN wil sit up,statistics have it that in every home in Nigeria one person must have an MTN line,MTN u av no option dan to work hard as GEJ.GEJ stil remain the most performing president Nigeria has ever had...My Airtel 1gb is just too fast and very cheap

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Pergrace: 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
sheyie2007: I see cheap calls shocked shocked shocked free sms, free *****

Am telling you..no be small thing oh grin grin

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by 0Edward0(m): 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2013
what will the cost look like, cos emptyhen fit bribe for the cost to change be very high
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Oohrhii(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
Good and reasonable move.
Would be Glad if i can have the freedom of keeping my number while i can select my provider.!
much more power for the Customers..
Nigeria..is Crawling!!!

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by yhellow(m): 4:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nice move by NCC, i pity empty hen

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by a1solution: 4:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
I dont like the system since its not automated you have to go and fill form and wait for approval. I was thinking u wud jus send a code and u wud migrate to another network automaically.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by dmcdad: 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
Yeah... And call tarriff...

Let the competition begin.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2013
Dat is anoda area of concern especially 4 nlander and am proposing 1GB data for 1k for NCC to give them order in dat direction.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Rooneyboy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
All of u on here are all talking of dumping MTN for which network

It really surprises me, does it mean that Nigerians find it difficult to do simple math

I'm really confused, MTN is undisputedly the best NETWORK @ the moment.

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
Oohrhii: Good and reasonable move.
Would be Glad if i can have the freedom of keeping my number while i can select my provider.!
much more power for the Customers..
Nigeria..is Crawling!!!
YOu and who is crawling angry
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by farem: 4:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
Wetin be portability? Se na Ability to use my sim in our Port?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Soso990240(m): 4:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
Dis NCC jst de do us longer throat wit dat..wen e go start?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by gees02(m): 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2013
Akpa ife: Gej is working imagine NNC to lunch mobile number protability Gej u must rule till 2019 I must vote 4 u
God bless Nigeria

ode! GEJ ko, Badluck Jonathan ni !!!
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by biz2get(m): 4:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy: All of u on here are all talking of dumping MTN for which network

It really surprises me, does it mean that Nigerians find it difficult to do simple math

speak for yuur sef man....... what as mtn done for yuu as a network

stats :
BIS = expensive
Call Rate = na die *even 100 naira no fit reach 3mins*
data = God , in des area of HD why should i pay 1k for just 100mb ern and 25k for 16gb notin like unlinited here
sms = go try send bulk sms , yuu go break yuu fone..........

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by ochukoccna: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
Dear NCC,
Could you please ensure stable 3G/HSPDA connectivity first?
But before that,let the Telcos give us steady network signals
That seems to be the logical things to do before number portability
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Abaykf: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
waiting for Godot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 grin
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
just the same way in 2008 when the FG said that all oil companies will stop gas flaring by year 2010 only for them to say in 2009 that the date wasn't realistic again and this is 2013 and gas flaring is still going on and that chapter has been closed tey tey.
this guys has really given us every reason to become pessimist because of consistent failed promises and changes in date i.e vision 2010 to vision 2020 to vision 20-20-20, only God knows what that meant.
im sitting at the window of a 15 story building watching what happens by 26th of march before deciding if i should come down or get to the 30th floor to enable me see what the future holds. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

puskin: Don't worry.....when that date reaches.....another story will come out why the MNP date had to be shifted yet again.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by JimmyBoy1: 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
puskin: Don't worry.....when that date reaches.....another story will come out why the MNP date had to be shifted yet again.

Of course na, but after 2 or 3 postponements, it will be finally implemented.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by otunbadan(m): 4:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
GLO tactifully removes moni 4rm my acct.....dey chraged me 100 bucks for a 15 second call!
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2013
*Dancing azonto* at last I can finally get rid of this MTN without much worries* every hand that will give bribe to stop this move, oya catch fire aahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by farem: 4:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Wetin be portability? Shey na Ability to use my sim in any Port worldwide?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by supereagle(m): 4:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
It is a welcome development ,it will help increase quality service delivery across the networks and the only way NCC can be in total regulation control, but my fear is that wont they shift the date forward again ? They av been talking about it since one past year or so and they continue shifting the date forward to favor MTN.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Decryptor(m): 4:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy: All of u on here are all talking of dumping MTN for which network

An MTN staff speaking...as your customers are ditching your network come March 26th, you better ditch your job and submit your CV to etisalat

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by MicroBox: 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
MTN will be the best,checkout any MTN site you see around,you will observe that a massive network upgrade is ongoing. MTN is spending millions of doller nation for network quality, network availability and remodification. No network can emback on such drastic and massive project for now without liquidation.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by supereagle(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
farem: Wetin be portability? Shey na Ability to use my sim in any Port worldwide?
If you av MTn no,you can use it on glo without changing your line number.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Rooneyboy(m): 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
biz2get:

speak for yuur sef man....... what as mtn done for yuu as a network

stats :
BIS = expensive
Call Rate = na die *even 100 naira no fit reach 3mins*
data = God , in des area of HD why should i pay 1k for just 100mb ern and 25k for 16gb notin like unlinited here
sms = go try send bulk sms , yuu go break yuu fone..........

Complete CRAP.

One thing I've noticed about we Nigerians is that once we make up our mind on something we follow it to the end.

Y most peeps on here are speaking ill of MTN is due to the long time hatred they've nursed.

"Yes in truth back in the day tariff was pretty but not any longer"

Again, for the records MTN is the BEST network for now with regards to BIS(unlimited) and calls.

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Guapo(m): 4:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
megareal: At last! *dancing alingo on top of coconut tree*
guy abeg no fall o. we no get emergency call code yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Infinix Zero And Infinix Hot Note / Is 5G Network Now Available In Nigeria? / Easylife On Etisalat, Call For As Low As N15 Per Min!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.