Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (19720 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by chronique(m): 6:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
adewasco2k: The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has announced March 26 as the launch date of the Mobile Number Portability (MNP).

Director of Public Affairs of the commission, Tony Ojobo made this disclosure during Channels Television’s flagship programme, Sunrise Daily, today in the video above.

“There will be a launch by the end of this month, we are going to flag it off’’

“So we are looking at the 26th of March or there about”.

Ojobo said the MNP will enable a consumer move from his service provider to another without losing the number he already uses despite the change in the SIM card of the consumer.

The service however will not be available to consumers who haven’t registered their SIM cards.

He further said service providers who try to woo consumers that have submitted request forms to another service provider will be dealt with by the commission.

The ability to choose or fire your GSM service provider is one whose time has come in Nigeria, and will only deepen competition among operators and improve service quality, so i think its a good one.

http://www.wasconet.com/ncc-to-launch-mobile-number-portability-on-march-26/

bye-bye to jati-jati,bye-bye to rede-rede,in the name of Jesus,bye-bye to "empty hen o"(mtn).

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by ypzilanti: 6:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
This will result in targeted promos for high credit unit using customers.

Expect third party companies that will send young hot babes to banks and oil companies asking staff to move over to their network for freebies.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 6:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Have noticed the upgrade too, convincing Nigerians is a very difficult assignment to do, even Jesus christ would find it difficult.
how will u convince them when exploit their customers and give poor service. Have you wonder why people are using airtel to browse instead of mtn at the moment? It is because of the speed even though some areas(with mtn) has good internet speed,60% of airtel mask has 3.75 at a speed of 42mps.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 7:10pm On Mar 08, 2013
MNP Guru: Number Portability will be free. You will be required to complete a form and send SMS to make a request. You can only port once every 90 days. You should also ensure your line has been registered.

I work for an Operator (Name withheld) and I have been trained on how Number Portability will work in Nigeria so I can provide any clarification to any questions or enquiries.

why once in 90days why not once in a month
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by AbrantieGH(m): 7:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
Why is the Giant of Africa always far behind?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by wazobiaforu(m): 7:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
cheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by searay(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy: I don't get what u guys are saying about MTN ,
I mean , I use all networks and can boldly say that my MTN is the cheapest of them all.
Lie of the Century

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by rman: 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
The question we should first ask ourselves is: Why do I want to move to another network while retaining my old number (Number portability)?

If it is for cheaper calls: The rates of all the operators for similar service rendered is quite similar across board and very very close, you won't notice much of a difference in savings on calls etc. In fact, I feel it is very close to zero.

If it is for quality of service: It all depends on your location and the resources they deployed there.eg, GLO may be great in Lagos and terrible in Ondo

For all those claiming MTN is dead, I can confidently say that they will benefit more, why? Because they are the only one that have positioned themselves strategically for these number portability that I am aware off. MTN has spent close to 1billion dollars on network modernization and expantion and they are still doing more. 90% of the fibre project across the country right now belongs to MTN.

I know the others are trying but the truth is that GSM network is all about capacity you can carry. All the operators currently have collectively around 15,000+ base stations ( sites ), more than 7000 currently belongs to MTN.

So when you want to port to a network, do your research very well because you may actually be porting to a network that does not have enough capacity.

Everything is about service delivery and customer satisfaction and this a very good development.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by gerald09(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
MTN is in trouble!!!! Let d competition begin nw u don't hav to carry 7 fones jt 1 nw can go a long way.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by akraym(m): 7:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jesuspikin87: Noted*
They shud also work on Airtel and Glo's BIS plans. Their Gigabyte, just too small.

Get ur fact rite

Glo BIS plans has the highest byte
100MB for a day (no longer avail)
750MB for a week
3GB for a month

That's way better than airtel and MTN bytes

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nostradamu(m): 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
puskin: Don't worry.....when that date reaches.....another story will come out why the MNP date had to be shifted yet again.

,,....yeah we know you're pessimistic you don't have to say anymore!!!
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by dmcdad: 7:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
chronique:

bye-bye to jati-jati,bye-bye to rede-rede,in the name of Jesus,bye-bye to "empty hen o"(mtn).
lwtmb... Chei! NTM don suffer
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by dmcdad: 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Abrantie GH: Why is the Giant of Africa always far behind?
Maybe because we are the giant when it comes to rating by negative factors...

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by newpaparazzi(m): 8:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
I mean , I use all networks and can boldly say that my MTN is the cheapest of them all.
are u being ironic? I also use all networks and im aware that mtn 2 mtn on mtn zone is very cheap,but mtn 2 other networks is very expensive.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by talk2s(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
MEILYN:

Watin concern GEJ nd NCC? Abii u take weed ni? Na GEJ MAKE D DECISION?

No be GEJ make de decision and no be him approve am, NA YOU!
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 8:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
gerald09: MTN is in trouble!!!! Let d competition begin nw u don't hav to carry 7 fones jt 1 nw can go a long way.
for where, mtn stand gidigba for dis mata
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Reptyle(m): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
MEILYN: Mtn Done Die........Chaiii Mtn Is Against Dis 4sure......Nice Call

You'll be shocked at how prepared MTN is for MNP. I don't know any of the other networks that is as prepared as they are.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by codeworks(m): 8:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
am sure MTN will boycott this exercise
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
Greatken007: AM sure MTN wil sit up,statistics have it that in every home in Nigeria one person must have an MTN line,MTN u av no option dan to work hard as GEJ.GEJ stil remain the most performing president Nigeria has ever had...My Airtel 1gb is just too fast and very cheap

Which statistic? Nobody dey use MTN 4 my haus o.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by samloko(m): 8:52pm On Mar 08, 2013
At last,I can dump MTN for good.I can't wait.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by irich21(m): 8:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nice one, let's keep our fingers cross untill then
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by eprynce(m): 8:56pm On Mar 08, 2013
trust me, the bandwagon effect will ruin even the best network by the time u all migrate there...I'll rather stick with my current provider
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by frankells(m): 9:05pm On Mar 08, 2013
as for me, am gonna stick with my mtn; MTN till i die.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by bbeckky: 9:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
dmcdad:
Maybe because we are the giant when it comes to rating by negative factors...
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Kposkila: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
megareal: At last! *dancing alingo on top of coconut tree*
u b witch?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by interguru: 10:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
talk2s:

No be GEJ make de decision and no be him approve am, NA YOU!
some foolz like u in nigeria still dont understand how government works
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by biz2get(m): 10:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
MNP Guru: Number Portability will be free. You will be required to complete a form and send SMS to make a request. You can only port once every 90 days. You should also ensure your line has been registered.

I work for an Operator (Name withheld) and I have been trained on how Number Portability will work in Nigeria so I can provide any clarification to any questions or enquiries.

pls i have ........

how fast is it when yuu want to m ove from mtn to glo? pls answer

frankells: as for me, am gonna stick with my mtn; MTN till i die.

good , most troublesome network (mtn) even in death thry will still scam yuu, wink tongue
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by biz2get(m): 10:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
rman: The question we should first ask ourselves is: Why do I want to move to another network while retaining my old number (Number portability)?

If it is for cheaper calls: The rates of all the operators for similar service rendered is quite similar across board and very very close, you won't notice much of a difference in savings on calls etc. In fact, I feel it is very close to zero.

If it is for quality of service: It all depends on your location and the resources they deployed there.eg, GLO may be great in Lagos and terrible in Ondo

For all those claiming MTN is dead, I can confidently say that they will benefit more, why? Because they are the only one that have positioned themselves strategically for these number portability that I am aware off. MTN has spent close to 1billion dollars on network modernization and expantion and they are still doing more. 90% of the fibre project across the country right now belongs to MTN.

I know the others are trying but the truth is that GSM network is all about capacity you can carry. All the operators currently have collectively around 15,000+ base stations ( sites ), more than 7000 currently belongs to MTN.

So when you want to port to a network, do your research very well because you may actually be porting to a network that does not have enough capacity.

Everything is about service delivery and customer satisfaction and this a very good development.

abeggi........all i know is when am travelin to ondo theres no network on mtn , wit this i can be swappin networks dependin on which is avail.. undecided

interguru: some foolz like u in nigeria still dont understand how government works

uh?? abeg explain or face front...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by kola639: 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
no wonder MTN foresee dis n they started selling 4-in-1 MTN SIM for 100naira
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Ositawap: 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2013
just like until you are bless heaven will never rest.until you dant know you will never know.that airtel currently rules the country.even in cheap calls to any network o.data. Constant network etc.shut up pls.i they use ma Yash da pound yam da tel you
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by divinegiftmodel: 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2013
are u mtn marketing manager

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Osamabinla: 12:23am On Mar 09, 2013
NCC just came out to shout, MNP starts March 26 and the only thing they come out plain on is that MNP allows you to change from one network to another while retaining your number. This is very true but they didn't come out plain on how the MNP will really work. The truth is that at least for now when the MNP starts, once you you change from one network to another , you need to stay on that network for a certain short period of time before you can move to another network. You can't just wake up one morning and be jumping in and out of different networks as you like. The bottom line is line is this , before you move out of your existing network, think twice cos before you go back to your previous network or a another network, it ll take a certain period of time ( that's the way it's intended to work at least for now except it's changed come march , 26).
All the 4 major mobile telecos are well prepared for this cos they have been working hand in hand with NCC for more than a year on this. With time , things will get better in this country.
MNP may be new in naija but not new Europe and some African countries, like Ghana , S.A, etc but we the subscribers stands to benefit more on the long run.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Phone You Have Used So Far? / Infinix Zero And Infinix Hot Note / Is 5G Network Now Available In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.