Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,598 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (19719 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by CHAIRMAN1(m): 12:29am On Mar 09, 2013
rman: The question we should first ask ourselves is: Why do I want to move to another network while retaining my old number (Number portability)?

If it is for cheaper calls: The rates of all the operators for similar service rendered is quite similar across board and very very close, you won't notice much of a difference in savings on calls etc. In fact, I feel it is very close to zero.

If it is for quality of service: It all depends on your location and the resources they deployed there.eg, GLO may be great in Lagos and terrible in Ondo

For all those claiming MTN is dead, I can confidently say that they will benefit more, why? Because they are the only one that have positioned themselves strategically for these number portability that I am aware off. MTN has spent close to 1billion dollars on network modernization and expantion and they are still doing more. 90% of the fibre project across the country right now belongs to MTN.

I know the others are trying but the truth is that GSM network is all about capacity you can carry. All the operators currently have collectively around 15,000+ base stations ( sites ), more than 7000 currently belongs to MTN.

So when you want to port to a network, do your research very well because you may actually be porting to a network that does not have enough capacity.

Everything is about service delivery and customer satisfaction and this a very good development.

This useless proganda is coming late. From where do you dig your figures? Who told you mtn has the most infrastructure? Have you heard about the glo1 fibre optics line linking africa to europe?to hell with your mtn! If you can remember, there was a prophesy at the begining of the year which I read about here on nairaland that mtn would experience a lot of problems this year. This is one big one coming!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 12:43am On Mar 09, 2013
CHAIRMAN1:

This useless proganda is coming late. From where do you dig your figures? Who told you mtn has the most infrastructure? Have you heard about the glo1 fibre optics line linking africa to europe?to hell with your mtn! If you can remember, there was a prophesy at the begining of the year which I read about here on nairaland that mtn would experience a lot of problems this year. This is one big one coming!!!!!!
are u sure cos what i no is network problem.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by omniwater007: 1:41am On Mar 09, 2013
we can't wait! smiley
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by azpekuliar: 3:29am On Mar 09, 2013
Created a thread for MNP months back. Feel free to make addtional contributions here:

www.nairaland.com/1116671/mobile-number-portability-what-network
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by mrvictor: 4:19am On Mar 09, 2013
Rooneyboy: All of u on here are all talking of dumping MTN for which network

It really surprises me, does it mean that Nigerians find it difficult to do simple math

I'm really confused, MTN is undisputedly the best NETWORK @ the moment.
[size=15pt]
On Television & on Billboards!!!
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by mrvictor: 4:24am On Mar 09, 2013
MicroBox: MTN will be the best,checkout any MTN site you see around,you will observe that a massive network upgrade is ongoing. MTN is spending millions of doller nation for network quality, network availability and remodification. No network can emback on such drastic and massive project for now without liquidation.
...Na Today?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by dramendra: 6:51am On Mar 09, 2013
Can't they also deepen the competition in DSTV and Petrol?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by damolax: 7:05am On Mar 09, 2013
MEILYN:

Watin concern GEJ nd NCC? Abii u take weed ni? Na GEJ MAKE D DECISION?

Oga e concern GEJ oooo, e.g dem say price of rice reduce u say wetin concern presi, even if he is not d minister of trade abi wetin, u shuld understand he oversees all dis tins.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by damolax: 7:11am On Mar 09, 2013
Oga e concern GEJ oooo, e.g dem say price of rice reduce u say wetin concern presi, even if he is not d minister of trade abi wetin, u shuld understand he oversees all dis tins.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 09, 2013
azpekuliar: Created a thread for MNP months back. Feel free to make addtional contributions here:

www.nairaland.com/1116671/mobile-number-portability-what-network
Too late, pele
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by SimplySEA(m): 7:41am On Mar 09, 2013
I'm not surprised at peoples' comments about mtn... Once u are champion, your number of haters increases! Cheap calls, as little as 8k per second, great area of coverage, 3G networks in most towns, not talkin cities yet, Free data packages. Only problem has been network fluctuations which is what all other network share in common...! Now tell me why u are hating..? I use all network!

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by zanga420: 8:03am On Mar 09, 2013
Rooneyboy: I don't get what u guys are saying about MTN ,
I mean , I use all networks and can boldly say that my MTN is the cheapest of them all.
some of these sentimental propelled comments, they say mtn this, mtn that, yet they stuck with them like there's a superglue used to hold them down, even when this mnp comes to effect, do check n research u'll see mtn 'll have more active users. The mnp is good for us if not manipulated, but people should stop all these selected propaganda. Presently I use 3networks except airtel, mtn still ranks higher than others. Our gsm operators are not there yet, so singling only one to paint black is one of the problems pegging us back in all endeavours. Lets be truly fair to all. God bless nigeria
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by JayKid1(m): 8:23am On Mar 09, 2013
I mean , I use all networks and can boldly say that my MTN is the cheapest of them all.

Are U on DRUGS?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by interguru: 8:34am On Mar 09, 2013
uh?? abeg explain or face front...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed[/quote] na b ur government teacher
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Midecuc(m): 9:04am On Mar 09, 2013
Are we sure NCC is serious about this issue at all, no be dem spoil all the service providers?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by hyelhira: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2013
tonyx4x44: If na true eMptyhen don die!

That may not really affect MTN. Everyone has already ported. I mean, who doesn't have lines of all the 4 major network providers? The MNP changes little or nothing.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Prince0500(m): 9:21am On Mar 09, 2013
MEILYN:

If GEJ did nt gv d go ahead do u think such policy can materialise
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by OlaTaiwo1: 11:44am On Mar 09, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
MEILYN:

Veery funny response....... lol
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Arogba: 2:22pm On Mar 09, 2013
For most of u castigating MTN you'll migrate to other network and you'll be stuck for at least 90 days before u can come back. MTN is still the best network, the others simply does not have the capacity and. The infrastructure. Remember, MTN still carries traffic for Etisalat in most part of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Arogba: 2:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
hyelhira:

That may not really affect MTN. Everyone has already ported. I mean, who doesn't have lines of all the 4 major network providers? The MNP changes little or nothing.

That's the point, Nigeria is a multi-siming environment so MNP does not really change anything. I personally have 5 sims, it will be a crazy idea to start porting on other networks.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Arogba: 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2013
CHAIRMAN1:

Oga! What prophesy are talking about? How does glo1 connect u to somebody in Ekiti? Wake up from ur slumber, glo1 is for broadbantd connection and all the bla bla...
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by YoungGame: 7:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
Themaingate:

Guy you high ni ?

Who told you mtn is the cheapest and where is your fact ?

Tarrif = very high

Customer care = 0

Internet speed = - 1

Cost of sim card = remember this same mtn once sold sim card to us @ 12,000 thank God glo came to set us free then

Promo = there are lots of thread in this forum where people have complained about the kind of promo ( mind you I once accumulated call credit of close to 18,000 and I work up one morning only to discover that MOST TERRIBLE NETWORk (MTN) have deducted everything

Guy MTN AND DSTV ARE TWIN FOR SURE

Valid comment

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by nsidible(f): 7:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
me juz waiting.travelln 4 mtn to airtel cuz of there #1200 4 1gb on non bb device.hahahb...a girl once told me.she won't date me if i don't use mtn line
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by abbeybanks(m): 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
...provider will be dealt with by the commission
If actually the commission have the guts to exercise their powers, there won't be need for MNP.
Wake up Mr. DirectOr
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by str8talk1: 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2013
On point!
except Airtel that charges 7.5k/s for Aitel padi na good thing tarrif plan.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by thoniann(m): 2:17am On Mar 10, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Cant wait....

..but you guys should know you can only port out ONCE in 90 days and if the data you supply while registering the new sim of the network you are porting to does not match the data you provided when you registered with the network you are ditching, your porting out will not be successful.

wetin this one dey talk?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by sunneto(m): 8:17am On Mar 11, 2013
MTN AND GLO ARE N TROUBLE.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by MNPGuru: 7:47am On Mar 15, 2013
The Migration cost is Free to Subscribers. You might only need to pay for the new SIM that you will be issued by your new Network Operator and that should be the standard cost of a SIM today between N100 to N150.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by DisGuy: 11:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
Buuuuuuump
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by hooged: 6:42am On Mar 26, 2013
Today is march 26 ......... How do I port' pls ? I want to port my mtn to airtel *smile*
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by walcolm(m): 7:17am On Mar 26, 2013
Arogba:

That's the point, Nigeria is a multi-siming environment so MNP does not really change anything. I personally have 5 sims, it will be a crazy idea to start porting on other networks.

you accummulated 5 sims because you were not getting the best service from the different networks...there are people out there who have only one sim, they are not getting a good enough service from their current network but have been reluctant to get another sim because they dont want to go thru the trouble of telling people they now use another number

those type of people will benefit from the system.

all that said, availability of options and alternative recourse is much better than lack of it. so whether people use the port option or not, we are better off with it available than it not being available

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Infinix Note 10 Pro Full Review & Camera Comparison With Infinix Zero 8 (photos) / What Is The Worst Phone You Have Used So Far? / Infinix Zero And Infinix Hot Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.