Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 (19722 Views)

Mobile Number Portability In Nigeria: Advantages & Disadvantages / NCC Begins Number Portability / Mobile Number Portability: What Network Would You Be Migrating To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by KingOfNairaland: 4:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy: I don't get what u guys are saying about MTN ,
I mean , I use all networks and can boldly say that my MTN is the cheapest of them all.

So true
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Ebestsmscom: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Na today...

I thought they said last year december.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Rooneyboy(m): 5:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
Decryptor: An MTN staff speaking...as your customers are ditching your network come March 26th, you better ditch your job and submit your CV to etisalat

I'm no staff bro, I'm just saying things the way I see them.

Speaking of etisalat, it wouldn't be proper for me to speak ill of this company called ETISALAT, I do use ETI and I can confidently tell u that MTN is way better.

I'm sure u don't know anything about ETI.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Jesuspikin87(m): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
Noted*
They shud also work on Airtel and Glo's BIS plans. Their Gigabyte, just too small.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Rooneyboy(m): 5:04pm On Mar 08, 2013
MicroBox: MTN will be the best,checkout any MTN site you see around,you will observe that a massive network upgrade is ongoing. MTN is spending millions of doller nation for network quality, network availability and remodification. No network can emback on such drastic and massive project for now without liquidation.

Have noticed the upgrade too, convincing Nigerians is a very difficult assignment to do, even Jesus christ would find it difficult.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Rooneyboy(m): 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
Jesuspikin87: Noted*
They shud also work on Airtel and Glo's BIS plans. Their Gigabyte, just too small.

Thank u for making ur own observation.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by abhosts(m): 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
MTN still remains my first choice.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nehemiah459(m): 5:09pm On Mar 08, 2013
About to Soak my talit, chaplet, bible, Koran, talisman and consulting tools in hot water. Let it come to pass is my prayer point, what about you?
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Od31(m): 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
tonyx4x44: If na true eMptyhen don die!

eMptyhen ! hahahahahaha, you really got it right!

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Ademab(m): 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
*MTN directors making frantic effort to make that march 26 date a vision 2020* dem sha no talk the year now
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
are u a leaner?
so all those that want to dump empty hen network na u dey buy dia credit for them all this while abi?
u can keep urs while dey are free to dump empty hen and its non of ur biz.
u think its all about call tariff abi? do u know the number of years empty hen has been exploiting its numerous customers with impunity till date?
wish the same regulatory agency will extend this revolution to pay TV's such as DSTV, the exploitation on Nigerians is damn so much, how can u be scamming an entire country even our evil yahooo boyz only scam few greedy citizens of a country but not the entire nation like the way these so called multinational in Nigeria don turn all of us to maga without even sending scam mails to us but they do it through packaging.
we will get it right someday, consumers protection right will surely prevail one day and all this economic exploitation will come to a climax.
not yet uhuru till it becomes a reality.

Rooneyboy: All of u on here are all talking of dumping MTN for which network

It really surprises me, does it mean that Nigerians find it difficult to do simple math

I'm really confused, MTN is undisputedly the best NETWORK @ the moment.

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Deyinka007: 5:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
FIST PUMP!
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Phikom(m): 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2013
i foresee the fall of eMpTyHeN empire....
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by ikooko(m): 5:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
I mean , I use all networks and can boldly say that my MTN is the cheapest of them all.
Please double check your facts, your statement if far from correct. You may want to bring facts and figures to proof it.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by dmcdad: 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
farem: Wetin be portability? Se na Ability to use my sim in our Port?
Exactly!!! Lmao
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Rooneyboy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
ikooko:
Please double check your facts, your statement if far from correct. You may want to bring facts and figures to proof it.

Talking about figures, how I wish I could do that now.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by ikooko(m): 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Talking about figures, how I wish I could do that now.
Until then, fingers crossed. Mind you this issue has been discussed severally on this forum.

https://www.nairaland.com/1133447/compare-current-call-tarriffs-airtel/4
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by samdon12(m): 5:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Complete CRAP.

One thing I've noticed about we Nigerians is that once we make up our mind on something we follow it to the end.

Y most peeps on here are speaking ill of MTN is due to the long time hatred they've nursed.

"Yes in truth back in the day tariff was pretty but not any longer"

Again, for the records MTN is the BEST network for now with regards to BIS(unlimited) and calls.
Not supporting MTN ooo but i agree with the "UNLIMITED BIS" stuff at least it works
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by MNPGuru: 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2013
Number Portability will be free. You will be required to complete a form and send SMS to make a request. You can only port once every 90 days. You should also ensure your line has been registered.

I work for an Operator (Name withheld) and I have been trained on how Number Portability will work in Nigeria so I can provide any clarification to any questions or enquiries.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by IYANGBALI: 5:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
kgbd: Good one. And what will the migration cost be like?
50 thousand naira of course
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 6:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
sheyie2007: Hmmm... i pity mtn... any fvck up on their side would be their end...anyways, let the competition begin!
don't pity mtn because they are relutant to customer's perception.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
ot_bliz: it has happened....kia kia kia. *wicked laugh* at MTN
forget it MTN will not shake because they will woo freebies within their network.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by RedLight1: 6:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
MicroBox: MTN will be the best,checkout any MTN site you see around,you will observe that a massive network upgrade is ongoing. MTN is spending millions of doller nation for network quality, network availability and remodification. No network can emback on such drastic and massive project for now without liquidation.
nonsense ... will the project reduce the price of data or the amount i pay for call... or the call clarity or signal that dissapear whenever am watching youtube video ... oga forget jor

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 6:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
MEILYN: Mtn Done Die........Chaiii Mtn Is Against Dis 4sure......Nice Call
mtn is not against this my dear,and as a matter of fact it will be beneficary to them.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 6:20pm On Mar 08, 2013
sheyie2007: I see cheap calls shocked shocked shocked free sms, free *****
cheap calls with poor quality of service.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by RedLight1: 6:21pm On Mar 08, 2013
MNP Guru: Number Portability will be free. You will be required to complete a form and send SMS to make a request. You can only port once every 90 days. You should also ensure your line has been registered.

I work for an Operator (Name withheld) and I have been trained on how Number Portability will work in Nigeria so I can provide any clarification to any questions or enquiries.

hmmmmmm thats discouraging ....who get time to dey pick form up and down ....nonsense

1 Like

Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 6:25pm On Mar 08, 2013
Osc: Am forseeing MTN relegattion tho others have not also impressed much
what do u mean i don't get it.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Umunede(m): 6:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
kgbd: Good one. And what will the migration cost be like?
it is free
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Symphony007: 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
Hopefully with this MTN will loose disatisfied customers in droves and will end up returning to south africa....next up, DSTV and shoprite!!
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by asudan: 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2013
it is not true as airtel and glo offer cheaper calls to any network.it is when you call mtn to mtn that is when it is cheap.mind you it is not everyone that uses mtn,although mtn international calls are cheaper than other service providers.for example calling Uk mobile is 42k/sec or N25.20 with mtn,with airtel it is N1/min,glo 65k/sec and etisalat 55k/sec.
Re: NCC To Launch Mobile Number Portability On March 26 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2013

Guy you high ni ?

Who told you mtn is the cheapest and where is your fact ?

Tarrif = very high

Customer care = 0

Internet speed = - 1

Cost of sim card = remember this same mtn once sold sim card to us @ 12,000 thank God glo came to set us free then

Promo = there are lots of thread in this forum where people have complained about the kind of promo ( mind you I once accumulated call credit of close to 18,000 and I work up one morning only to discover that MOST TERRIBLE NETWORk (MTN) have deducted everything

Guy MTN AND DSTV ARE TWIN FOR SURE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Infinix Zero And Infinix Hot Note / Is 5G Network Now Available In Nigeria? / Easylife On Etisalat, Call For As Low As N15 Per Min!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.