Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe (19696 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Jonathan Owes Nigerians Explanation Over Fake Boko Haram Ceasefire – APC Campaig / 419: Nigeria Owes Nobody Apology – Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kinethic: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
When Tunde Bakare talk say Jonathan's agenda is to bankcrupt Nigeria no be una wan kill am..The thing is happening before us.Everyone wey dey complain here be Idiot.
Fire dey burn our house we still dey pursue rat..
Blaaa blaaa blaaaa Nigerians We are all IDIOTs IDIOTs ..Dumbs..

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by BloggingIq: 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Joey82: President Goodluck Jonathan has confirmed the granting of presidential pardon to a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, and a few other ex-convicts.

When reminded that the action had created the impression that the government was not serious about the war against corruption, Mr. Jonathan said, “It is not all decisions parents take that are palatable for their kids. But with time they will realize that their parents are right.”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-confirms-pardon-alamieyeseigha-says-%E2%80%9Ci-owe-no-one-apology%E2%80%9D-premium-times

GEJ has never been more wrong for saying that. Nigeria is doomed if elected officials do not know that they are servants, not father figure to the citizens.

>>>>>> Elected officials are not parents but are just servants!!! Please can someone tell that to the goons? <<<<<<<<<

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kael: 3:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
mikeapollo:

Please, stop being crass stupid and foolish! How is Tinubu a bigger 'thief'? Didnt your dumb Jonathan and his gang try Tinubu at the Code of Conduct Tribunal? What evidence could they find or offer? Or you think it is enough to be calling somebody a thief without proof? Do you expect Tinubu to prosecute himself? If you have any evidence, please send it to your foolish Uncle Jonathan in Abuja so that he can use it to prosecute and jail Tinubu for corrruption.

No matter what Jonathan says, he is evidenttly stark idiot to have granted state pardon to someone who has brought shame to the country.
No wonder we have so many absurds in this govt.... They told us that his illiterate wife is now a Perm Sec in Bayelsa state. I cannot imagine what that means and what kind of PhD Jonathan asquired...and now granting state pardon to a convisted criminal.

You people are even going far leave tinibu first it is alams were talking about,
You can't justify this pardon because others have not been convicted
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by slimfit1(m): 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
grin Even a transvestite get pardoned its time to pardon the gay boys too oh.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by BashMe1(m): 3:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
kinethic: When Tunde Bakare talk say Jonathan's agenda is to bankcrupt Nigeria no be una wan kill am..The thing is happening before us.Everyone wey dey complain here be Idiot.
Fire dey burn our house we still dey pursue rat..
Blaaa blaaa blaaaa Nigerians We are all IDIOTs IDIOTs ..Dumbs..

To all the bloody Nigerian thwarts that voted 4 d pig called Jonathan in.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Resistor: 3:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
There is nothing wrong in granting state pardon to people who were either wrongfully convicted or seen to have shown genuine remorse for their crime.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by FrankFrancis1(m): 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
This nation is very sick,so anybody can steal money knowing that after 2 yrs he will get a pordon
I hate dis country
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Joey82(m): 4:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
Resistor :
There is nothing wrong in granting state pardon to people who were either wrongfully convicted or seen to have shown genuine remorse for their crime.

Alams was not wrongly convicted
and may I know exactly in what way he has shown remorse?

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by ayzero6487(m): 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
Aw abt openin all d prisons in Nigeria and grantin presidential pardon 2 all inmates....datz wat I call equality...cuz al theif na theif o....Jona nd foolishness...
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kiyosaki1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
Resistor :
How many wrap you don smoke today?

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Psalter: 4:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
Johnathan has finally committed a political suicide. Honestly, I regretted voting for this guy. He must be kicked out in 2015. Enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by oladapoti: 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
A deaf leader with blind followers...

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by 1025: 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2013
listen nairalanders. another name for corruption in nigeria is PDP. when u say jona is fighting corruption, it means he is fighting pdp in nigeria. that is practically impossible.
jonathan cannot fight pdp. his wife is pdp(corrupt) of which her case file is pending somewhere so he can't fight his wife that is pdp.
fighting corruption means, going after obasanjo, annenih, bode george, bankole and everything that pdp stand for. my ppl, is not possible. a man can called petrolium traders untouchable cabal can never dream of fighting the main head quarters of the cabals(pdp).
who is the chairman of pdp - corrupt tukur. who is the bot chairman of pdp? - corrupt annenih.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by 8686(m): 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
It's really unbelievable n sad. The hardworking civil servants who regardless of the country's hardship stuck to their principles of integrity are left to count their losses. To think everyone voted for this man thinking because of his story of growing up without special privileges would be the change Nigeria was waiting for. The motto now is steal big and don't get caught or steal really big n have friends in high places then u get a pat on the back. Shame!!!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kiyosaki1(m): 4:36pm On Mar 13, 2013
My fellow country people are we not tired of the antics and pranks of this creek (cowboy) fisherman.Please let do ourselves favor by not giving him our votes come 2015
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by iRichards: 4:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
This is so sad and troubling.....!!!

Ha!!!

When will my Fatherland have true leaders
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by dokson(m): 4:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
oyes.the president should grant pardon to more corrupt public officials, one day he will also be listed for pardon. lets keep watching we re in naija.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by BashMe1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
kiyosaki1: My fellow country people are we not tired of the antics and pranks of this creek (cowboy) fisherman.Please let do ourselves favor by not giving him our votes come 2015

Sry, i actually voted for Buhari in d first instance

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by horlatunde(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
Jonathan is really Fulfilling d meaning of his Name
J-Just
O-On
N-National
A-Assignment
T-To
H-Harm
A-All
N-Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
I am so disappointed in GEJ by this action
Which mouth will I use to defend him again
Shame no go gree me

The man a wu o na m aka n'ala
Seriously
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Tolexander: 4:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
byrron:

“That is an action that has been taken by the National Council of States and I have no apology for that.” Mr. Jonathan said. “We must begin to respect and honour our institutions. I don’t need to defend the action that has been taken.”

is GEJ the national council of states? im confused ooooo or is it that i cant read and understand things again?
who are the members of the national council of states?
understanding the highlighted words above will help us all to be rational first, comprehend and then stop posting subjective comments here cause it also makes us look more clueless than the one we all call clueless.
how many of such pardons took place before yesterday during obasanjo and yar adua's tenure? Or weren't they our presidents
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by dokson(m): 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
HE WILL B LISTED FOR PARDON ONE DAY. LETS KEEP WATCHING WE R IN NAIJA
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by bappahman: 5:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
Tolexander: how many of such pardons took place before yesterday during obasanjo and yar adua's tenure? Or weren't they our presidents
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by BZion(m): 5:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
Okupe's statement smirks of arrogance. The question is there are so many other criminals with lesser crimes in this country yet they have not been granted pardons. Nigerians have every right to question this dubious pardon. He was only pardoned because of his closeness to the President.

http://ohibunmizion.shutterchance.com/
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Dee60: 5:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
OBJ may set up any international foundation that he likes but may be remembered for imposing on all Nigerians this nightmare of a regime. This statement by Okupe is so sad and so saddening! The political class has failed. If a goat or a dog becomes president of a country some politician would not even mind being its PA as long as there is money to chop!

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by sunnyprof: 5:58pm On Mar 13, 2013
There is no point raining abuses on Jonathan. He may look clueless to you but remeber he is the president of Nigeria. If you are better, why are you not there instaed? It is the fault all those in the Federal Executive Council. I am waiting to see someone resign because of this among them.

However, I marvel at the implications of the precedences will throw accross for everyone to pick, corruption has become the essence of our national life. A pity.
Even if these people in power have symparthy for the wicked ones now pardoned, they don't need to brazenly do this but rather just leave them alone to quietly go and live their lives and repair their own images in the community where they live for people to see. Why these pardon? to win more constituencies? or like payback of past benefits from them?

But they should have been careful of the precedence which makes some younger people already think they can do anything and after some time they will be free and go back to enjoy the benefits they garnered in the days of their crimes e.g. Millitants, corrupt politicians, Robbers, kidnappers,Emirs, Kings etc. and now Boko haram.

You need to see the fabulous wealth the ex-millints leaders are displaying currently : Buildings, cars, business etc. or our old politicians whose wealth seems un-ending for their family to enjoy and their children basking in stupendious wealth and positions all over the country and outside. You will envy them and start to regret why you or your parents were so moral, patriotic or hardworking making nothing worthwhile than your ordinary daily need.

However, I still have one believe, old age has a way of showing the difference. When we get to the age of 60,70, 80 .......etc., we will really know those who have really worked!! Look around for those signs e.g. while my Father is relaxing briefly enjoying the his retirement without stress from the little resource at his disposal, people like Anenih who are his age mate do not have a room to rest, it is now there still doing hardwork travelling day and night just to keep armasing money which they may never get enough and still be filled with regrets as well. Their homes are never settled, the world around them is fear.

MAY YOU HAVE UNDERSTANDING (I love to read Psalm 73 and 74 : they give me divine lessons when look at NIGERIA)
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
i see reuben abati getting sacked before Gej tenure expires. This is just too much for him, i'd resign if i were him, otherwise he will have nowhere to fall back when he leaves govt.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by sucess001(m): 6:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
As usual...our Prsident does not "GIVE A DAMN' about what y'all think...

shebi na una want president wey get 'goodluck'?

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by MAYOWAAK: 6:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
Resistor :

Anyone who thinks the issue here is about legality must be sick in the brain.If your clueless-in-chief occupying Aso Villa likes, let him go and wake Judas from the grave and grant him presidential pardon. That is his prerogative! But the crux of the matter here is........show me your benefactor and I don't need to TB Joshua, to tell you who you are!

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kiyosaki1(m): 7:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
sunnyprof: There is no point raining abuses on Jonathan. He may look clueless to you but remeber he is the president of Nigeria. If you are better, why are you not there instaed? It is the fault all those in the Federal Executive Council. I am waiting to see someone resign because of this among them.

However, I marvel at the implications of the precedences will throw accross for everyone to pick, corruption has become the essence of our national life. A pity.
Even if these people in power have symparthy for the wicked ones now pardoned, they don't need to brazenly do this but rather just leave them alone to quietly go and live their lives and repair their own images in the community where they live for people to see. Why these pardon? to win more constituencies? or like payback of past benefits from them?

But they should have been careful of the precedence which makes some younger people already think they can do anything and after some time they will be free and go back to enjoy the benefits they garnered in the days of their crimes e.g. Millitants, corrupt politicians, Robbers, kidnappers,Emirs, Kings etc. and now Boko haram.

You need to see the fabulous wealth the ex-millints leaders are displaying currently : Buildings, cars, business etc. or our old politicians whose wealth seems un-ending for their family to enjoy and their children basking in stupendious wealth and positions all over the country and outside. You will envy them and start to regret why you or your parents were so moral, patriotic or hardworking making nothing worthwhile than your ordinary daily need.

However, I still have one believe, old age has a way of showing the difference. When we get to the age of 60,70, 80 .......etc., we will really know those who have really worked!! Look around for those signs e.g. while my Father is relaxing briefly enjoying the his retirement without stress from the little resource at his disposal, people like Anenih who are his age mate do not have a room to rest, it is now there still doing hardwork travelling day and night just to keep armasing money which they may never get enough and still be filled with regrets as well. Their homes are never settled, the world around them is fear.

MAY YOU HAVE UNDERSTANDING (I love to read Psalm 73 and 74 : they give me divine lessons when look at NIGERIA)
DELUDED
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kiyosaki1(m): 7:02pm On Mar 13, 2013
MAYOWAAK:

Anyone who thinks the issue here is about legality must be sick in the brain.If your clueless-in-chief occupying Aso Villa likes, let him go and wake Judas from the grave and grant him presidential pardon. That is his prerogative! But the crux of the matter here is........show me your benefactor and I don't need to TB Joshua, to tell you who you are!
You are very much on point

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by deolumike(m): 7:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
valacious: i see reuben abati getting sacked before Gej tenure expires. This is just too much for him, i'd resign if i were him, otherwise he will have nowhere to fall back when he leaves govt.
one million likes. thought no one would mention him. that guy sold out badly...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Will Not Steal Our Money, Says Osinbajo As He Begins Door-to-door Campaig / February Polls: If I Lose, It Won’t Be First Time – Buhari / Bakare To Tinubu's Men: I Scored 0 Votes With My Identity, Original Credentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.