Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe (19699 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Jonathan Owes Nigerians Explanation Over Fake Boko Haram Ceasefire – APC Campaig / 419: Nigeria Owes Nobody Apology – Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by vanstanzy(m): 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
But of course, he owes no one any apology. Afterall this is Nigeria were we run thingz and thingz

don't run we.
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by warrior101: 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
Joey82: President Goodluck Jonathan has confirmed the granting of presidential pardon to a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, and a few other ex-convicts.

PREMIUM TIMES had broken the strory of the pardon while the meeting was underway Tuesday morning.

We also reported details of the proceedings minutes after the meeting ended.

Presidential spokespersons had gone underground for most of yesterday in what appeared a ploy to dodge media enquiry on the controversial pardon of a man who stole his people blind while governor.

But Mr. Jonathan, speaking through his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Doyin Okupe, has now confirmed our report.

He said he has no apology for his action.

Mr. Okupe spoke on Channels TV breakfast show, Sunrise.

“That is an action that has been taken by the National Council of States and I have no apology for that.” Mr. Jonathan said. “We must begin to respect and honour our institutions. I don’t need to defend the action that has been taken.”

When reminded that the action had created the impression that the government was not serious about the war against corruption, Mr. Jonathan said, “It is not all decisions parents take that are palatable for their kids. But with time they will realize that their parents are right.”

He said pardoning Mr. Alamieyeseigha was in order as the former Bayelsa governor had suffered enough.

“A man was deposed. He was hounded, tried and jail. What is wrong with giving pardon to a remorseful sinner?

“How come granting pardon to him has become an aberration? Is it because he is from Bayelsa? Is it from he is from South-South? Is it because he is connected to Mr. President?”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-confirms-pardon-alamieyeseigha-says-%E2%80%9Ci-owe-no-one-apology%E2%80%9D-premium-times

Exact the way Seun of NL talks. It seems Nigeria is ripe for a true Anarchy at last. Mor greese to your elbow Sir. Take glory and absolute control of your subjects. Nigeria is getting there.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
HOW I WISH BOKO HARAM CAN FREE THE MASSES AND THEN HELP US FACE PEOPLE LIKE OKUPE AND CO

MAY OBATALA

MAY SANGO

MAY ORUNMILA

STRIKE ALL THESE PEOPLE DOWN

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by rman: 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2013
Doyin Okupe should remember Andoaka said worse during the Yaradua health saga.

Nigerians are watching and waiting patiently
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by WaleLeemson: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
i don't blame that basket mouth Doyin Okupe. what do expect him to say. he must support his master before he get's fired. bunch of corrupt people. the anger of God will visit you people soonest. shameless people. GEJ you are a complete failure. I told people then that he has know plan for this country but they never believed me. Now you can all see by yourself that he is a complete failure.what a fragile man he is

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
yuzedo:
Next to be pardoned = Bode George! undecided

And that would be an even lower low, if there's such an expression.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 13, 2013
ARISE, O LORD AND CAUSE THE ENEMIES OF THIS NATION TO SCATTER! UNLESS THEY REPENT MAKE AN ENDING OF THEIR GENERATIONS!! LORD, RAISE A JEHU EVEN BY YOUR FINGER OF DELIVERANCE. LORD, YOU KNOW HOW ASHAMED TO BE A NIGERIAN I'VE BEEN SINCE THE NEWS BROKE.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by mrofficial2(m): 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
Of course, of what good his useless apology would make us? He has already justified the wrong act. So what's with the apology by Okupe? Fucck Apology!

Jonathan is a goose!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by ypzilanti: 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
GEJ defence: 'My council of state made me do it'.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by demitola(m): 12:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
Gej and his cohorts hve made sensible nigerianz felt like loosers diz mornin. His winning pass dat Barcelona own in d AC-Milan match in d return leg of diz game on corrupt bigwigs. Oh my gosh! I'm short of words.... Cant wait for 2015.... Dats wen nigerians wil bring him 2 reckonin.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by oluala1(m): 12:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
Did anybodi nticed d names of other ppl in this pardon thing,,,,hmmmm.n still thr s BH?
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by ypzilanti: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Meanwhile, foreign press has started reporting this:

Nigeria pardons former political benefactor of president who stole millions as state governor.

LAGOS, Nigeria - A presidential adviser says Nigeria has pardoned the former political benefactor of the nation's president, convicted of stealing millions of dollars while serving as a state governor.

Adviser Doyin Okupe said Wednesday that Nigeria's Council of States, a group headed by President Goodluck Jonathan, had approved the pardon for former Bayelsa state Gov. Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

The decision, made in a closed-door meeting Tuesday, was greeted by outrage across Nigeria, an oil-rich nation long considered by activists as having one of the world's most corrupt governments. Nuhu Ribadu, a former police officer and corruption fighter in Nigeria, told The Associated Press that the decision was "the final nail" in the coffin for fighting graft in the country.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Nigeria+pardons+former+political+benefactor+president+stole/8089030/story.html#ixzz2NPz9anBy
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Litmus: 12:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Looks primitive and bloody awful; it's not a good decisions, at least not at this time.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by wazobiaforu(m): 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
Fesisko: Gej,why can't you prove your critics wrong,even if its once?Pls where is mr insincere Nigeria?he alway hide his face,whenever trival issues like this re been discourse.I just can't wait to read his comment/reaction.defending the indefendable.wat a joke!

Insincere9geria and Billyonaire are the biggest commedian in NL, that is why i call them AKPORS ....they are zombie
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
He will be sorry when his stupi.d ars.e is thrown out of office in the next elections.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by MurphyT1: 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by idlaw2k3(m): 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
What of James Ibori? He also needs a pardon
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by dad007(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
emmasege: If only the opposition could give us credible candidates that will be acceptable to majority of Nigerians. This GEJ of a man is the worst president Nigeria has ever had----- clueless,irrational, insensitive, indecisive, docile, impotent....... APC or whatever u call urself, pls give us credible opposition and let's show this man the way back to the creeks.
IF THEY CAN DO THAT,THEN PDP DAYS ARE NUMBERS IN FED
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Litmus: 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
What message does this send to the north?
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by pmonkz(m): 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ice4jez: becos he is well to do means we dat elect him der should not have a say when his actions affect our daily livess.God which school do u attend cos u re so clueless n retarded

I tire o. Shey na punishment as we vote ni? Y are young Nigerians thinking like this, its a shameful thing and GEJ is a shame himself.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by ayox2003: 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
Now Alams can be even the President cos crime has been erased from his profile. The forgiveness is very political. Alams would definitely run for a post come 2015. People are still reeking in poverty from the money stolen in Bayelsa.

Wise Ijaw men should weep for this pardon cos generations to come will still suffer from the money Alams' stolen.

Frawzey
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Ann77: 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
Even the animal kingdom is better ruled...

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by slimfit1(m): 12:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
Okupe the devil's advocate.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by pmonkz(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=ypzilanti]Meanwhile, foreign press has started reporting this:

Nigeria pardons former political benefactor of president who stole millions as state governor.

LAGOS, Nigeria - A presidential adviser says Nigeria has pardoned the former political benefactor of the nation's president, convicted of stealing millions of dollars while serving as a state governor.

Adviser Doyin Okupe said Wednesday that Nigeria's Council of States, a group headed by President Goodluck Jonathan, had approved the pardon for former Bayelsa state Gov. Diepreye Alamieyeseigha.

The decision, made in a closed-door meeting Tuesday, was greeted by outrage across Nigeria, an oil-rich nation long considered by activists as having one of the world's most corrupt governments. Nuhu Ribadu, a former police officer and corruption fighter in Nigeria, told The Associated Press that the decision was "the final nail" in the coffin for fighting graft in the country.

GEJ and his cohorts planned to kill this country and they are gradually making it happen. Inasmuch as I don't really like APC, I think its better to raise a devil to fight a devil. At least there won't be monopoly of power. This is terribly sad bt we're here. 2015 is jst around the corner. God bless Nigeria and the faithful Nigerians
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by ehis999: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
Joey82: President Goodluck Jonathan has confirmed the granting of presidential pardon to a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, and a few other ex-convicts.

PREMIUM TIMES had broken the strory of the pardon while the meeting was underway Tuesday morning.

We also reported details of the proceedings minutes after the meeting ended.

Presidential spokespersons had gone underground for most of yesterday in what appeared a ploy to dodge media enquiry on the controversial pardon of a man who stole his people blind while governor.

But Mr. Jonathan, speaking through his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Doyin Okupe, has now confirmed our report.

He said he has no apology for his action.

Mr. Okupe spoke on Channels TV breakfast show, Sunrise.

“That is an action that has been taken by the National Council of States and I have no apology for that.” Mr. Jonathan said. “We must begin to respect and honour our institutions. I don’t need to defend the action that has been taken.”

When reminded that the action had created the impression that the government was not serious about the war against corruption, Mr. Jonathan said, “It is not all decisions parents take that are palatable for their kids. But with time they will realize that their parents are right.”

He said pardoning Mr. Alamieyeseigha was in order as the former Bayelsa governor had suffered enough.

“A man was deposed. He was hounded, tried and jail. What is wrong with giving pardon to a remorseful sinner?

“How come granting pardon to him has become an aberration? Is it because he is from Bayelsa? Is it from he is from South-South? Is it because he is connected to Mr. President?”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-confirms-pardon-alamieyeseigha-says-%E2%80%9Ci-owe-no-one-apology%E2%80%9D-premium-times

Children have since realized that NOT all decisions taken by parents are right...e.g They all claim they were always first in their respective classes while they were younger...
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 12:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
Next time i tell people someone called Goodluck should not be President of Nigeria,please pay attention.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by mikeapollo: 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
I think people like Femi Falana and some Ribadu boot-lickers should be very happy and satisfied with Jonathan govt's war against corruption now.

Afterall, they were the ones that blackmailed, campaigned, worked and asked for Farida Waziri to be sacked as EFCC Chairman, after the woman had showed courage to prosecute some high-profile thieves in the country, e.g. Bode George, Dimeji Bankole, Obasanjo Bello,El-Rufai, Bank MDs, among many others.
They congratulated Jonathan for sacking the woman. Now we are seeing Jonathan's 'real war' on corruption!

Carry on Jonah boy....Falana & Co are enjoying the show!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by amusbay(m): 12:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
they were all partner in crime, is lik GEJ is celebrating corruption.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by pmonkz(m): 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
Ozin:

My dear, help tell this holier than thou hypocrites. Obasanjo was pardoned to enable him contest the presidential elections... even though his offence was treasonable.
ypzilanti: Meanwhile, foreign press has started reporting this:

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Nigeria+pardons+former+political+benefactor+president+stole/8089030/story.html#ixzz2NPz9anBy
Ozin:

My dear, help tell this holier than thou hypocrites. Obasanjo was pardoned to enable him contest the presidential elections... even though his offence was treasonable.
ypzilanti: Meanwhile, foreign press has started reporting this:

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by AnanseK(m): 12:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
GEJ = RETARDEEN= CORRUPTION = SHAME angry
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by nep2ra(m): 12:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
Come 2015 we will not offer any apology or explanation when we kick PDP out of the political scene forever.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Mkpotu(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
I just observed federal character was not applied in presidential pardon. How can hausa/fulani alone have 5 people, Yoruba 2, Niger Delta 1 and not a single Igbo.

I think its not equitable. Or does it mean that no Igbo man has stolen & deserves 2 b pardoned? If Abdulkarim Adisa deserves pardon, why can't one Igbo politicians be pardoned or is there none?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police, EFCC ‘unaware’ Of Raid On Patience Jonathan’s House / JUST IN: Buhari’s Swearing In To Be Low Key, Moves ‘Major’ Events To June 12 / Now That The North Has Found Oil By Simon Kolawole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.