Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe (19676 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Jonathan Owes Nigerians Explanation Over Fake Boko Haram Ceasefire – APC Campaig / 419: Nigeria Owes Nobody Apology – Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
For the first time in my entire life, I actually shook my head in despair, incredulity, and astoundingly while reading through the post. This guy was voted in NOT that he's deserving of that post nor it is his birthright but now he's grown excess balls than the ones he uses in fVcking his illiterate wife that he utters 'I don't give a damn' and 'I owe nobody apologies'. I hope it was a move by the wiser people who have him surrounded to make him lose credit/support for his 2015 ambition and not his own sole doing?

Johnathan is a joke, I hope APC will float a better candidate come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by BashMe1(m): 2:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
9jacrip: For the first time in my entire life, I actually shook my head in despair, incredulity, and astoundingly while reading through the post. This guy was voted in NOT that he's deserving of that post nor it is his birthright but now he's grown excess balls than the ones he uses in fVcking his illiterate wife that he utters 'I don't give a damn' and 'I owe nobody apologies'. I hope it was a move by the wiser people who have him surrounded to make him lose credit/support for his 2015 ambition and not his own sole doing?

Johnathan is a joke, I hope APC will float a better candidate come 2015.

Thank God sensible ppl are beginning to set in here 4 the first time. Wat a relief
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 13, 2013
Tolexander: Nobody expects/demands apology for any mediocrity. Of course the apology won't right the mediocrity but submerge the mediocre in a deeper pool of hypocrisy and cluelessness.
GEJ! Continue to swim in the pool of cluelessness and mediocrity, we are enjoying your stunt.

“That is an action that has been taken by the National Council of States and I have no apology for that.” Mr. Jonathan said. “We must begin to respect and honour our institutions. I don’t need to defend the action that has been taken.”

is GEJ the national council of states? im confused ooooo or is it that i cant read and understand things again?
who are the members of the national council of states?
understanding the highlighted words above will help us all to be rational first, comprehend and then stop posting subjective comments here cause it also makes us look more clueless than the one we all call clueless.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Mr Rango: i hv been votin pdp since 1999! I swear enough is enough! Dis new party wetin b dia name self? They shld organise as soon as possible! Its time 4 change!

BIG LIE!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by BashMe1(m): 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
byrron:

“That is an action that has been taken by the National Council of States and I have no apology for that.” Mr. Jonathan said. “We must begin to respect and honour our institutions. I don’t need to defend the action that has been taken.”

is GEJ the national council of states? im confused ooooo or is it that i cant read and understand things again?
who make up the national council of states? understanding the highlighted words above will help us all to stop posting subjective comments here cause it also makes us looks more clueless than the one we all call clueless.

Shoosh D Fu..ck Up dude. what r u saying, will a national issue as sensitive as dis be passed across without his involvement?
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by tomakint: 2:29pm On Mar 13, 2013
Some people are just fond of crying more than the bereaved, is it not the same Jonathan that more than 80% of Nairalanders have never shown any respect for that I will be wasting my time educating the young ones here to understand why the Presidential pardon is no big deal? I am sure if Fashola has done similar thing, none of those 'clowns' here will raised an eyebrow, where were they all when the likes of Tinubu, Bode George, etc were left off the hook cool

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by JimmyBoy1: 2:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
byrron:

understanding the highlighted words above will help us all to be rational first, comprehend and then stop posting subjective comments here cause it also makes us look more clueless than the one we all call clueless.

So you voted for Council of State in April 2011? Olodo or Elebi! it must be either of the two.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kiyosaki1(m): 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
I'm not a bit suprise about the illogical comment by a person whose personality is not very far from that of the pardon Alarme.My fellow country men we voted these rascals in power and come 2015 we can show them that we are no fools by, massively voting out these Vagabonds In Power.This present administration is turning us to a huge joke among the committe of nations,an may i further remind us that the world we are is a global village.And whether we like it or not and sentiment apart,some of the actions of this I don't give a damn,I don't have a shoe, creek cow boy is turning us to a laughing stock around the globe, as he has greatly succeded in positioning as one of the most corrupt nation in the world.My candid opinion vote out PDP out come 2015 as it as shown from all indicator that it can only get worse
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by PeeDaVinci: 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
byrron:

Dude, dont be deceived by the national council of states (ncs) argument. it is argument of a man that can not stand up to take responsibility for his action. We run a presidential system, and [size=16pt]executive decisions is not subject to majority decision of whatever council they want to name it, it rests solely on the president[/size] . to explain this a little more to you, at that stupid ncs meeting, the thief pardoning decision would still have passed even if NOI had objected, but if the president objects, then, the decision become dead ab initio even if every other person supports it (by the way, the discussion will never even be raised in the first place)

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Joey82(m): 2:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
tomakint: Some people are just fond of crying more than the bereaved, is it not the same Jonathan that more than 80% of Nairalanders have never shown any respect for that I will be wasting my time educating the young ones here to understand why the Presidential pardon is no big deal? I am sure if Fashola has done similar thing, none of those 'clowns' here will raised an eyebrow, where were they all when the likes of Tinubu, Bode George, etc were left off the hook cool

I really dont get what u are trying to say.
yes public office holders loot and go free without prosecution.
y do we have to pardon the ones we managed to prosecute and find guilty.
or are u trying to say the reason y alams was granted pardon is because there are several other peeps who have not been prosecuted?

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by ANYPEN(m): 2:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
sometimes, i just wonder to an extent that i forget that i can speak...
many many things wey no suppose to happen for this life... many many things...many many nonsense!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by BashMe1(m): 2:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
Joey82:

I really dont get what u are trying to say.
yes public office holders loot and go free without prosecution.
y do we have to pardon the ones we managed to prosecute and find guilty.
or are u trying to say the reason y alams was granted pardon is because there are several other peeps who have not been prosecuted?

Tell dat fool.... cant und'stand y some ppl r jes useless here
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by hotwax: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
?

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by fxskye: 2:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
[quote
author=JIGHU]

ARE YOU NOT AN IGNORAMUS? SO YOU DONT KNW ALAMS HAD BEEN TRIED ALREADY?
YOU JUST SPEWED THE LAST DROP OF YOUR BRAIN ON THIS THREAD....DID GEJ
INVENT CORRUPTION? IS CORRUPTION NOT IN YOUR VILLAGE?HAVE YOU TACKLED
YOUR LOCAL GOVERNMENT CHAIRMAN OR VILLAGE HEAD? YOU WAKE UP AND SPEW
BULLCRAP ABOUT A MATTER WHICH WILL NOT PUT FOOD ON YOUR MISERABLE
TABLE...INSTEAD OF GOING ABOUT FINDING HOW YOU CAN LIVE DREAM LIFE,YOU
SIT YOUR LAZY BUM IN A CYBER CAFE PRETENDING TO LOVE NIGERIA(A COUNTRY
YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THE GDP?) ONIRANU [/quote]

It is obvious dt u'r a beneficiary of this corrupt administration. I can sense u need state pardon as well.....Jonathan will soon announce urs.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by talk2s(m): 2:58pm On Mar 13, 2013
GEJ is balless;
Gej is this;
Gej is that...
U guys aint seen nothing yet.
Between now and 2015, more decisions and hard stands that will proove to all doubting thomases and critics that our president has GUTS would be taken.
Watch out!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by purity80(m): 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
GEJ HAS FINALLY MY RESPECT.IT IS A PITY
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by bkoy: 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2013
Goddex: Tinubu is by far a much bigger thief than Alams but is
moving freely and even calling the shots in South West politics.

Alams wealth is not up to 5 percent of Tinubu's. He may have sinned,
but is sorry for his sins and is forgiven, simple. GEJ alone is not Council of State.
Council of State include: All former Heads of State,President and Vice-President, Ministers,
Senate President and Speaker House of Reps, All governors.

As far as the Nigerian law is concerned, Tinubu is not a thief while Alams was proclaimed a thief, he's an ex-convict. When u r fighting against corruption in the country u do not soft pedals on already convicted corrupt politician. This shows GEJ is as corrupt as Alams OR he's nt using his number 6(we all GEJ lies )... If u lie,u wil steal...
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by PENMIGHT(m): 3:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
Council of State or No council of state, a leader must not be a scalar quantity without a defined moral path. Why is he then a leader if he can decide to agree to sink the ship he captains. Besides, it is highly debatable that the content and details of this shady deal truly reflect the the mindset of all there present. Corruption is worst than killing! Alamaseigh is not a mate to a dead coup plotter. This pardon is a total betrayer of the Niger Deltans, Nigerians,the british and the world as a whole. WON'T IT BE BETTER IF WE PRIVATISE THIS FG. MAYBE GIVE TO THE CHINESE TO RUN FOR FEW YEARS TILL GOD END THE MISS-RULE OF OUR CORRUPT LEADERs.

2 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by itsmayiela(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
This is worse than granting pardon to perpetrators of ALUU4

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by brandigest: 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
I had wanted to buy this Niger Delta fisherman cap for my etibo. But now it seems that anyone who wears it has no brains.. no blame, a certain man in Aso rock helped mold this new notion of mine. www.brandigest.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by amopumpin: 3:09pm On Mar 13, 2013
Bleep Okupe, Bleep GEJ. Looters on the loose, backward step for the country.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by AnanseK(m): 3:12pm On Mar 13, 2013
byrron:

Three demented senior citizens and a few governors attended the meeting and I know that this amnesty/ pardon was not even discussed.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by BabaOlowo: 3:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
The Following people also deserves being pardoned: Oyenusi, Dakoru, Yemi Rambo, Anini, Osunboh etc!!!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by babaowo: 3:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
Time surely will tell........
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by Chitexs250(m): 3:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
Joey82: President Goodluck Jonathan has confirmed the granting of presidential pardon to a former Governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, and a few other ex-convicts.

PREMIUM TIMES had broken the strory of the pardon while the meeting was underway Tuesday morning.

We also reported details of the proceedings minutes after the meeting ended.

Presidential spokespersons had gone underground for most of yesterday in what appeared a ploy to dodge media enquiry on the controversial pardon of a man who stole his people blind while governor.

But Mr. Jonathan, speaking through his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Doyin Okupe, has now confirmed our report.

He said he has no apology for his action.

Mr. Okupe spoke on Channels TV breakfast show, Sunrise.

When reminded that the action had created the impression that the government was not serious about the war against corruption, Mr. Jonathan said, “It is not all decisions parents take that are palatable for their kids. But with time they will realize that their parents are right.”

He said pardoning Mr. Alamieyeseigha was in order as the former Bayelsa governor had suffered enough.

“A man was deposed. He was hounded, tried and jail. What is wrong with giving pardon to a remorseful sinner?

“How come granting pardon to him has become an aberration? Is it because he is from Bayelsa? Is it from he is from South-South? Is it because he is connected to Mr. President?”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/jonathan-confirms-pardon-alamieyeseigha-says-%E2%80%9Ci-owe-no-one-apology%E2%80%9D-premium-times

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by olusogo: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
In the statement credited to Jonathan, I can see a president who portrays ethnic agenda, a president who is hypocritical towards fighting corruption and to crown it all, an opportunist. GEJ is a misfit for this nation. My advise for South-South and Ijaw people is to dissociate themselves from his actions and let him be liable. Never try to justify him because even if election is rigged for him in 2015 he will leave Aso Rock one day and another person from different ethnic group will assume office. Please note:Nigeria can not disintegrate, whoever calls for secession shall suffer it's consequences. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kael: 3:21pm On Mar 13, 2013
tomakint: Some people are just fond of crying more than the bereaved, is it not the same Jonathan that more than 80% of Nairalanders have never shown any respect for that I will be wasting my time educating the young ones here to understand why the Presidential pardon is no big deal? I am sure if Fashola has done similar thing, none of those 'clowns' here will raised an eyebrow, where were they all when the likes of Tinubu, Bode George, etc were left off the hook cool

I don't think you understand the ramifications of a presidential pardon. It is a clean slate, he can contest and participate in elections. Besides it was very insensitive, a slap in the face of the war against corruption. By the comments of okupe it shows they can't be less disturbed by the opinions of the people
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by akaOpene(m): 3:22pm On Mar 13, 2013
I pity the Supporters and spoke persons of president Jonathan.He makes their job so difficult with the way he keeps on committing blunders upon blunders.My heart felt sympathy goes to Okupe and Abati .
I believe that these two presidential spokesmen always wake up in the morning with palpitating heartbeats,due to the knowledge that each of their day comes with the responsibility of defending the senseless actions of a president who does not give a damn.
I pray that these two live to see the 2015 election which must be taking its toll on their health and conscience.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by AnanseK(m): 3:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
PEN_MIGHT: Council of State or No council of state, a leader must not be a scalar quantity without a defined moral path. Why is he then a leader if he can decide to agree to sink the ship he captains. Besides, it is highly debatable that the content and details of this shady deal truly reflect the the mindset of all there present. Corruption is worst than killing! Alamaseigh is not a mate to a dead coup plotter. This pardon is a total betrayer of the Niger Deltans, Nigerians,the british and the world as a whole. WON'T IT BE BETTER IF WE PRIVATISE THIS FG. MAYBE GIVE TO THE CHINESE TO RUN FOR FEW YEARS TILL GOD END THE MISS-RULE OF OUR CORRUPT LEADERs.

Yes at least by the time the lease/contract expires all these crazy illegal wealth collectors would have been executed by the Chinese,
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by mikeapollo: 3:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Goddex: Tinubu is by far a much bigger thief than Alams but is
moving freely and even calling the shots in South West politics.

Alams wealth is not up to 5 percent of Tinubu's. He may have sinned,
but is sorry for his sins and is forgiven, simple. GEJ alone is not Council of State.
Council of State include: All former Heads of State,President and Vice-President, Ministers,
Senate President and Speaker House of Reps, All governors.

Please, stop being crass stupid and foolish! How is Tinubu a bigger 'thief'? Didnt your dumb Jonathan and his gang try Tinubu at the Code of Conduct Tribunal? What evidence could they find or offer? Or you think it is enough to be calling somebody a thief without proof? Do you expect Tinubu to prosecute himself? If you have any evidence, please send it to your foolish Uncle Jonathan in Abuja so that he can use it to prosecute and jail Tinubu for corrruption.

No matter what Jonathan says, he is evidenttly stark idiot to have granted state pardon to someone who has brought shame to the country.
No wonder we have so many absurds in this govt.... They told us that his illiterate wife is now a Perm Sec in Bayelsa state. I cannot imagine what that means and what kind of PhD Jonathan asquired...and now granting state pardon to a convisted criminal.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by 2mch(m): 3:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
Jonathan and his 40 grave diggers. With Okupe being the most hardworking at digging Jonathan's grave. Let them continue. I dey laugh o. grin
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Jonathan Owes Nobody Apology - Okupe by kael: 3:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
Some of Jonathans programs I like some i don't like. But this pardon is pure madness. Anybody that supports it from any angle or viewpoint must be smoking whatever their smoking in aso villa. I have drawn one conclusion though that our opinion doesn't matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Card Reader Fails To Capture Jonathan At Bayelsa Governorship Election / Section Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway To Be Closed For Repairs – FRSC / Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.