Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,115 members, 7,953,425 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:00 PM

Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope (35965 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
I will change my name to[b]Pope Nairaland I[/b] if he can change his name so can I
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by pat077: 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
GOD BLESS THY POPE!

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Abrantie: 8:38pm On Mar 13, 2013
How does this affect anybody in this world? What power does the pope have to stop or wage wars? What power does he have to reduce the price of.................. petrol? grin
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Policewoman(f): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
Glory to Jesus, Honor to Mary. Long live the catholic church.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by xGun: 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
†ђξ catholics now have a new oga at d top!...dazz all!

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Maxymilliano(m): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
The New pope is Argentine... Hand of God!!! cheesy
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by TheBookWorm: 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
The world is definitely progressing.

Pope Francis is the first Pope not from Europe since the first Pope, Saint Peter.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Vivaciousnj(f): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
Wow!!! God, plz take care of ur flocks
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by hardeihorlar(f): 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
History has been made again as a new pope emerges to lead d world's 1.2 billion catholics. So proud to be part of this history. Pope Francis, may our mother mary be with you.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by gunner4life(m): 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
the prophecy about d last pope being peter d roman was false afterall!

4 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by ayzero6487(m): 8:40pm On Mar 13, 2013
I hope he resignz 2mao....
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by yampoo(m): 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
I watched live on AIT.I wish the new pope God divine blessings in all his endeavour.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Abrantie: 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
All over the world tonight, several alter boys are gonna get molested in the name of joyous celebration.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by sylva1(m): 8:41pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congratulations to the Catholic Church and to Pope Francis I..May God's grace be upon you!

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by warrior101: 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
"Forgive me father for I have sinned."

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Inik(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congrats St Francis the first, i hope your reign ushers in a new era in the catholic church history
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by chocopearl(f): 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congrats to my new POPE FRANCIS 1, i pray God gives u d grace & wisdom to lead us all...
Proudly catholic
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 13, 2013
TheBookWorm: The world is definitely progressing.

Pope Francis is the first Pope not from Europe since the first Pope, Saint Peter.

For goodness sake, learn to articulate your utterances: Saint Peter was not the first pope.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by ichommy(m): 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congrat to New pope
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by TheBookWorm: 8:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hail Mary

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Maxymilliano(m): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
By SaharaReporters, New York

The Catholic church in Rome today elected a new pope to lead the church, he is 76-year old Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, the Arcbishop of Bunoes Aires in Argentina.

The new pope Bergoglio is to be addressed as"Pope Francis"

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by 5much(m): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
Congrat to all catholics d world over.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by elliottibanga(m): 8:45pm On Mar 13, 2013
.......meh undecided
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by TheBookWorm: 8:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
donedy:

For goodness sake, learn to articulate your utterances: Saint Peter was not the first pope.

I see you do not know history, but Saint Peter was the first Pope according to the Catholic Church.

"And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." ~ Matthew 16:18

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Abrantie: 8:47pm On Mar 13, 2013
TheBookWorm: The world is definitely progressing.

What difference does it make to you a BLACK African whether he's from Europe or Agentina? The last time I checked, Agentinians looked oyibo to me. Just look at his name -- he might as well be a mafioso from Sicily, Italy.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by buchito1(m): 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
Hail mary full of grace
The lord is with you
Blessed are you amongst women
And blesed is the fruit of your womb
If you are a Ture catolic like dis post!

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by vanstanzy(m): 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
OAM4J: Congratulations to the Catholics

Yeah, congrats to all Christians, not just Catholics.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by TheBookWorm: 8:48pm On Mar 13, 2013
Abrantie: What difference does it make to you a BLACK African whether he's from Europe or Agentina? The last time I checked, Agentinians looked oyibo to me. Just look at his name -- he might as well be a mafioso from Sicily, Italy.

The Catholic Church is much bigger than your parochial interest. I could care less if the Pope was from Asia, Latin America, Europe or Africa. As long as he leads the Church to greater heights.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by MrCritique: 8:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
when will hear names like Pope Mensa, Ade....., Mponga,Shabalala,Mpoku...etc. Is there racism even in the church?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by FRANKBENN(m): 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2013
OAM4J: He is from Argentina, first South American Pope

VATICAN CITY- Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, 76, of Argentina was announced as the new pope Wednesday after white smoke emerged from the roof of the Sistine Chapel, and the bells of St. Peter's Basilica pealed, signalling that cardinals had chosen a new pope to lead the troubled Roman Catholic Church after only five ballots. [size=13pt]The new pope will call himself Pope Francis I[/size].

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=306321

we roman catholic welcome you wholeheartedly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Pastor Touching Men's Manhood To Pray For Them (Video) / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Man Performs Magic With Fire At Diamond Bank Pay Show, Abuja (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.