Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope (35537 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Antivirus92(m): 1:42am On Mar 14, 2013
I thought that when something has stood the test of time, people tend to believe in it's authenticity. Catholic church has stood the test of time and the doubts are surprising to me. Celibacy,uniqueness,one leader,one teaching and beliefs. If the church had been a social gathering like most christian denominations,the issue of celibacy would have been dead. The church has fought this war internal and external and still maintains it's ground on celibacy. Have one wondered why in movies when occultic kingdoms want to do some sacrifices,they look for a virgin? There is much strength in celibacy and that's what sustained the church uptill today.
Secondly,being a pentecostal, ask ur self how many pastors that have dumped ur denomination and start his/hers then compare it to the number of rev.frs,bishops that have dumped the catholic church for their own church. Just like the apostles were under peter, peter under jesus,so the church will continue forever. Anglican church in nigeria is different from that of england(church of niger and church of england), the founder of jehovah witness,grace of god,mountain on fire, fire on the mountain etc were pastors under another denomination before "spirit" filled them and told them to start up another church. Disobedience was the reason why satan(lucifer) was chased out of heaven. These pseudo-men of god disobey or fall out with the person they were under only to set up their own church. Let me just stop here.

11 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by warrior101: 2:04am On Mar 14, 2013
vanstanzy:

Your sins are forgiven my child. For you penance say, 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys, 7 Glory be... and read Psalm 51 2

times. Go and sin no more! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Thank you... Thank you father! Mmmuahhh
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 14, 2013
shocked
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by samsolite(m): 2:38am On Mar 14, 2013
LOL.. @ people hating on the Holy Mother Church. I know your problem, you only wished you had a little of what we have; The history of papal succession based on the Apostolic tradition, the organized way d new pope was elected.

The catholic church is not a 1 man show. it was ordained by God.
"You are Peter and on this rock I'll build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it!"

God bless the Pope.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by samsolite(m): 2:39am On Mar 14, 2013
I ask again, can 1.5B Catholics be wrong?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Benbiana(f): 2:57am On Mar 14, 2013
[quote
author=OAM4J]He is from Argentina, first South American Pope

VATICAN
CITY- Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, 76, of Argentina was announced as
the new pope Wednesday after white smoke emerged from the roof of the
Sistine Chapel, and the bells of St. Peter's Basilica pealed, signalling
that cardinals had chosen a new pope to lead the troubled Roman
Catholic Church after only five ballots. [size=13pt]The new pope will
call himself Pope Francis I
[/size].

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=306321[/quote]
Congrats. May d Gud Lord direct u. May he make u his vessel. Mother Mary pls interceed on his behave.Amen.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Solozzo(m): 3:09am On Mar 14, 2013
Congratulations to him!! But he is too elderly, about same age as former Pope when he ascended the papacy. There is need for a younger energetic pope to make needed reforms in the catholic Church.

Must he be a cardinal? No wonder popes are so old and ineffective. After all how old was St Peter the first Pope or St James the Just when he he headed the early church as Bishop of Jerusalem? ? Just in their thirties
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by tpia5: 3:19am On Mar 14, 2013
^ why do you say that.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nemerem44(m): 4:37am On Mar 14, 2013
[/b][b][/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]
free2ryhme:

the bible was put together by the catholic church under the power of the holy spirit .... Do you think it was ordinary .. God knows what he was doing when all dat happened. There were certain section still withheld by the catholic till day call the deuteronomical verses.

Point of correction, it is deuterocanonical not deuteronomical
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Vincent41(m): 4:38am On Mar 14, 2013
Morgan1092: Finally! Congrats Pope Francis 1.
Chai! Sori my African brothers d cardinals.

pdp
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Skenge98: 5:46am On Mar 14, 2013
Congratulation Catholic Church, I pray for the New pope Francis 1,that God should grant you the spirit of wisdom, knowledge, understanding and good health to be able to pallots the affair of the church which God has bestow in your hand in Jesus Name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by magni10003: 6:26am On Mar 14, 2013
wishin him d bst m I pray he leads wif d fear n wisdom of God Almighty.,...
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Mospring(m): 6:32am On Mar 14, 2013
St.Frank:
Congratz
Its indeed worthy of him! all hail Francis
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 6:38am On Mar 14, 2013
Cant u c from his fingers that he is part of illuminati?
OAM4J: Congratulations to the Catholics
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 6:39am On Mar 14, 2013
He isnt peter. He belongs to the devil
samsolite: LOL.. @ people hating on the Holy Mother Church. I know your problem, you only wished you had a little of what we have; The history of papal succession based on the Apostolic tradition, the organized way d new pope was elected.

The catholic church is not a 1 man show. it was ordained by God.
"You are Peter and on this rock I'll build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it!"

God bless the Pope.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by emmasege: 7:03am On Mar 14, 2013
Aged 76?, wasn't that about the same age that the last Pope came in and he complained of declining state of health few years after. I hope he's strong enough for the rigours of the office. Anyway, congrats to His holiness and the catholic faithfuls worldwide.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by emmasege: 7:07am On Mar 14, 2013
Point of correction! There is only one mediator/intercessor between God and man- Jesus Christ, our high priest. Read ur Bible very well, and stop being brain-washed by human doctrine.
Benbiana:
Congrats. May d Gud Lord direct u. May he make u his vessel. Mother Mary pls interceed on his behave.Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by IKO1(m): 7:24am On Mar 14, 2013
league11:

ITS A CAPITAL LIE, PETER WAS CRUCIFIED UPSIDE DOWN AND BIBLE NEVER SAID OF PETER BEING POPE. BACK UP UR CLAIM IN D BIBLE OR SHUT UP WITH THIS CHILDISH STORY
hw do u know that peter was crucified upside down?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 14, 2013
donedy:

So, from your Bible quotation you've convinced me that Saint Peter was the first Pope? Please analyze the quotation and give me the answer.

If he was the first Pope, what about the leaders of the early christian domination in Ethiopia, Greece, and most of the mediterranean that existed before Roman Catholic?

wat re u talkin about. which ethiopian Christian
Christianity started with Christ. believe me Peter existed alongside Christ.
Pope is linked wit çatholic. even if d early Ethiopians re Christians they dont ve a pope.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 14, 2013
Tracygold: Congratulations to the new pope Francis 1, bt make i ask Oº°˚˚°ºh, when re they going to elect young pope to rule
Abi o, in two or 3 years time 4rm now, they wil have to elect another pope, that this 1 is no longer fit. If they dnt do it that way, hw will others have a taste of the highly exalted office before retirement?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 14, 2013
free2ryhme:

bros help me ask them wellu wellu ooooo.. we read our bible and we know the truth

if u dont kno. the Catholic Church is the surviving Christian denomination from the early times. The pope is the leader of the church in st Peter mould. Peter was never a pope. since the Catholic Church is d long surviving Christian ministry its natural to assume its the church refered to by Jesus.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by doniyke3(m): 8:01am On Mar 14, 2013
Congratulation Pope Francis I.I pray that God will give u the wisdom to lead.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Revolva(m): 8:10am On Mar 14, 2013
angryWho cares..about who become pope.....thats the white man problem....

archibishop na miliki , pope na enjoyment..imam na gbaladun.....
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by livethinme: 8:11am On Mar 14, 2013
solomon111: Racists.
Whoever thought a black man had a chance was being delusional.
Bunch of paedophiles.

But doesnt the fact that youre only after a black pope make you racist as well?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by adedayodan(m): 8:21am On Mar 14, 2013
Big Congrats to the new pope....
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by bunmila(f): 8:37am On Mar 14, 2013
free2ryhme:

u sure lack a sense of humour
Some things are sacred and should not be joked about.
Learn to draw the line
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by AmeLonRo(m): 8:40am On Mar 14, 2013
May God bless the new pope and may his period be blessed with productive positive things IJN.Amen.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by bunmila(f): 8:43am On Mar 14, 2013
AKobo4urthought:

Right after you bro.
Oh trust me. This right here is my biz. But u clearly do not belong here so move it.
But I might just go ahead and assume u r nt referrin to me since I'm nt a bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Iyke Oriaku: How I Used To Lie To Raise Money For God / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell? / Sanctions Must Be Placed On Nigeria After Christian Persecution - UK Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.