Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope (35547 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Vincent41(m): 8:52am On Mar 14, 2013
OAM4J: He is from Argentina, first South American Pope

VATICAN CITY- Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, 76, of Argentina was announced as the new pope Wednesday after white smoke emerged from the roof of the Sistine Chapel, and the bells of St. Peter's Basilica pealed, signalling that cardinals had chosen a new pope to lead the troubled Roman Catholic Church after only five ballots. [size=13pt]The new pope will call himself Pope Francis I[/size].

http://www.jpost.com/International/Article.aspx?id=306321

lol......illuminati people go soon flash his fone number..lozzzzzz
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Sweetapple007(f): 9:02am On Mar 14, 2013
My soul glorify the lord praise be to his holy name the man is truely a replica of christ.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by AVWENAGHA: 9:16am On Mar 14, 2013
y tb joshua no predict dz one?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by vanstanzy(m): 10:14am On Mar 14, 2013
Antivirus92: I thought that when something has stood the test of time, people tend to believe in it's authenticity. Catholic church has stood the test of time and the doubts are surprising to me. Celibacy,uniqueness,one leader,one teaching and beliefs. If the church had been a social gathering like most christian denominations,the issue of celibacy would have been dead. The church has fought this war internal and external and still maintains it's ground on celibacy. Have one wondered why in movies when occultic kingdoms want to do some sacrifices,they look for a virgin? There is much strength in celibacy and that's what sustained the church uptill today.
Secondly,being a pentecostal, ask ur self how many pastors that have dumped ur denomination and start his/hers then compare it to the number of rev.frs,bishops that have dumped the catholic church for their own church. Just like the apostles were under peter, peter under jesus,so the church will continue forever. Anglican church in nigeria is different from that of england(church of niger and church of england), the founder of jehovah witness,grace of god,mountain on fire, fire on the mountain etc were pastors under another denomination before "spirit" filled them and told them to start up another church. Disobedience was the reason why satan(lucifer) was chased out of heaven. These pseudo-men of god disobey or fall out with the person they were under only to set up their own church. Let me just stop here.

U have spoken and written well. Not withstanding that i am a Catholic, the Catholic Church WILL

ALWAYS
stand the test of time because Christ Himself promised so while He was still on earth.

For this, i give u 100million likes.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Mishydoo(m): 10:17am On Mar 14, 2013
Blackwind:

It may interest you to know that the bible was initially put together by the Holy Catholic Church - which you despise so much - some 300 odd years after the death of Christ. Therefore the Body of Christ was in existence for many generations after Christ was crucified, without any bible in the book form you have today. So, unlike you, our faith and traditions are only supported by the bible not defined by it alone.

The fact that you chose to ignore the faith and traditions of the early christians which helped propagate the belief you proclaim today - probably because it does not fit your idea of worship based on your superficial understanding - does not mean you should pollute this thread in the manner you did.

The Church was here before you and will be here long after you are gone. Come Lord Jesus, we thirst for you.

...Same traditions that Got Jesus Killed,...Seems Ur ignorant of of history of U̶̲̅r̶̲̥̅̊ beloved church,all d atrocities committed in d name of d church and Ĥό̲̣̣ώ d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ persecuted and killed ppl,burnt ppl alive and ΨåS̤̈̊ fornicating with politcs as today.the same Romans and Jews who killed christ almagamated by Constantine formed d RMC!..

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by fiolaP(f): 10:18am On Mar 14, 2013
GOD bless Pope Francis I
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Mishydoo(m): 10:29am On Mar 14, 2013
samsolite: I ask again, can 1.5B Catholics be wrong?

...Keep following the crowd!What did Jesus tell u abt d Broad road travelled by many and whr it leads...Get ɑ̤̥̈̊ Brain!

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by crackhouse(m): 10:33am On Mar 14, 2013
Congrats Papi. I dey hail you Papi.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by AVWENAGHA: 10:45am On Mar 14, 2013
ABRAKA BRSANCH
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Oluesther(f): 10:48am On Mar 14, 2013
Why did the former pope resign?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by italo: 10:56am On Mar 14, 2013
Google it...
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by emmasege: 12:54pm On Mar 14, 2013
Authenticity is not in numbers. Remember the words of Jesus Christ "Broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it" Mt. 7:13-14. U people should not over-celebrate the catholic faith, which to me is deviant from the original christian faith. U claim that Apostle Peter was the first Pope. Was "Pope" Peter not married, and to tell u of Christ's endorsement of his marriage, He (Jesus) healed Peter's mother-in-law when she was sick. If Peter was the first Pope, and Christ said He was going to build His church upon his (peter's) rock, it implies that peter was to become a reference point for other leaders to follow. How come we now have unmarried Popes and priests?, human tradition that Jesus spoke about?. Finally, in Christ Jesus there is no Jew or Greek (better put, no catholic or non-catholic), but Christ and Christ alone. Personally, I have a lot of respect for practising christians in any protestant church (anglican, baptist, methodist) and a few pentecostals that have stood the test of time and not built around one man. catholic faith is also beautiful, but for some of these imported human traditions. It is indisputably the oldest christian denomination, which also makes it the first church. But it seems some carnal men took over the leadership of the church along the lane, and twisted it to suit their own purpose. The catholic church I see today is not the same as the church instituted by Christ, going by biblical records.
samsolite: I ask again, can 1.5B Catholics be wrong?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by italo: 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
emmasege: catholic faith is also beautiful, but for some of these imported human traditions. It is indisputably the oldest christian denomination, which also makes it the first church.

emmasege: The catholic church I see today is not the same as the church instituted by Christ, going by biblical records.

You are saying the Catholic Church was the first Church but it was not instituted by Christ. That means Christ didnt institute any Church (but we know that he did).

Make up your mind, my friend. Is the Catholic Church the first Church instituted by Christ or not?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by dopesidez: 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2013
AKobo4urthought: All this pope business rubbish is really irritating, Look at how people are frolicking and praising them like they are mini-gods. Didn't the bible say not to worship anyone else beside God. There is even a comment, commending the guy for taking the bus shocked shocked shocked, ARE PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE BUS, NOT HUMAN TOO?? Or is he superior to them?? Humility my arse.

[size=20pt]WORSHIP GOD PEOPLE, AND NOT A DAMN POPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

are you a living thing or a non-living thing?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 14, 2013
suniblu:

wat re u talkin about. which ethiopian Christian
Christianity started with Christ. believe me Peter existed alongside Christ.
Pope is linked wit çatholic. even if d early Ethiopians re Christians they dont ve a pope.

Just examine the illogical bolded analysis you,ve made and you'll see how delusional you sound. From what I can understand from your argument, I will conclude that the first pope of the Coptic church, if you know what Coptic means, was Peter and the same applies to Greek Orthodox and Ethiopia Christians. The current Coptic church will also have Peter as their first Pope.

If you don't know, Roman Catholic is known as Church of Rome, which is similar to early church of Ethiopia, Greek Orthodox, e.t.c.

A wise black man said, "I only argue with my equals, others I teach."

I'm a catholic but I'm not as irrational as you.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by tpia5: 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
Oluesther: Why did the former pope resign?

at least you said "former" and not "formal"

thank God for little mercies.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by neksummi(m): 3:05pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congrats Pope Francis 1
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 3:31pm On Mar 14, 2013
Antivirus92: I thought that when something has stood the test of time, people tend to believe in it's authenticity. Catholic church has stood the test of time and the doubts are surprising to me. Celibacy,uniqueness,one leader,one teaching and beliefs. If the church had been a social gathering like most christian denominations,the issue of celibacy would have been dead. The church has fought this war internal and external and still maintains it's ground on celibacy. Have one wondered why in movies when occultic kingdoms want to do some sacrifices,they look for a virgin? There is much strength in celibacy and that's what sustained the church uptill today.
Secondly,being a pentecostal, ask ur self how many pastors that have dumped ur denomination and start his/hers then compare it to the number of rev.frs,bishops that have dumped the catholic church for their own church. Just like the apostles were under peter, peter under jesus,so the church will continue forever. Anglican church in nigeria is different from that of england(church of niger and church of england), the founder of jehovah witness,grace of god,mountain on fire, fire on the mountain etc were pastors under another denomination before "spirit" filled them and told them to start up another church. Disobedience was the reason why satan(lucifer) was chased out of heaven. These pseudo-men of god disobey or fall out with the person they were under only to set up their own church. Let me just stop here.
let us clear you ignorance no church is a monopoly of God's word. When its obvious dat peter cld not take d gospel to the heathen/gentiles Paul was called by jesus. Remember when Paul accused Peter of being a pretender? If Paul has not taken the gospel to rome to confront caesar who wld have? Catholic church had their doctrines one which made The worship of christ difficult it blends tradition with xtianity how long will dis continue? For each generation there is a different move of the spirit. Xtianity is an open thing not a cult of celibacy. How many disciples of christ were celibate? The doctrine of celibacy was emphasized by paul and not peter. What is in dat vatican that does men are hiding? Dont forget dat in early times dat the Pope became 2 powerful and greedy 2 point dat they claimed dat God gave lordship over territories, bishops became demi gods not until d treaty of westphalia which saw the emergence of state. What you see in rome was only a preserve of history. Jesus nvr instituted doctrines and dogmas, men did. The catholic may have survived till date because states need them to preserve d social order and nature does not allow for vaccum. Jesus practice open xtianity and dat is what i stand for and not idol/image/mary or disciple/ saint worshipping. What differentiate catholic church from confuscian& buddha worshipping? Nothing. They all have monks and monastery. Be not conformed to dis world but be ye transformed by the renewal of your mind

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 3:42pm On Mar 14, 2013
italo:

You are saying the Catholic Church was the first Church but it was not instituted by Christ. That means Christ didnt institute any Church (but we know that he did).

Make up your mind, my friend. Is the Catholic Church the first Church instituted by Christ or not?

Jesus instituted The church( the body of christ) and not the catholic church (the body of celibate men) men instituted that. Can You describe the idea behinde hail mary?

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by MockingBird(m): 5:33pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congrats Pope!
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Rossikk(m): 9:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
Mcleo007: Yet, the mouth spooks say the church is one, its universal, she's catholical. Crap! How come in over a century of its existence as an institution, no black man has been deemed fit to saddle its highest cradle of leadership?The emeritus dude, a Nazi, now an amigo has been voted the number one man in Catholicism. And of course, my fellow Africans ride on in their wanton and shallow followership in the supposed spiritism.

A century?

Actually it's 15 centuries!

1,500 years!

What they're basically saying by electing YET another white man to the office is that THEIR god is a racist who favours whites over non-whites.

Their message couldn't be clearer.

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Antivirus92(m): 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2013
free2ryhme: let us clear you ignorance no church is a monopoly of God's word. When its obvious dat peter cld not take d gospel to the heathen/gentiles Paul was called by jesus. Remember when Paul accused Peter of being a pretender? If Paul has not taken the gospel to rome to confront caesar who wld have? Catholic church had their doctrines one which made The worship of christ difficult it blends tradition with xtianity how long will dis continue? For each generation there is a different move of the spirit. Xtianity is an open thing not a cult of celibacy. How many disciples of christ were celibate? The doctrine of celibacy was emphasized by paul and not peter. What is in dat vatican that does men are hiding? Dont forget dat in early times dat the Pope became 2 powerful and greedy 2 point dat they claimed dat God gave lordship over territories, bishops became demi gods not until d treaty of westphalia which saw the emergence of state. What you see in rome was only a preserve of history. Jesus nvr instituted doctrines and dogmas, men did. The catholic may have survived till date because states need them to preserve d social order and nature does not allow for vaccum. Jesus practice open xtianity and dat is what i stand for and not idol/image/mary or disciple/ saint worshipping. What differentiate catholic church from confuscian& buddha worshipping? Nothing. They all have monks and monastery. Be not conformed to dis world but be ye transformed by the renewal of your mind
foolish man, u asked how many apostles were celibate? How many apostles did the bible told were following jesus with their wives and children? Even the one who told jesus to allow him to go and bury his dead father,what did jesus said to him?. You're insulting the apostles by recalling their past life and attributing it to them when they had started following jesus. There was a time an apostle asked jesus what their reward would be for dumbing their family and everything they had to follow him. That showed that they(apostles) were no longer married immediately jesus picked them. Ask ur self,why didn't jesus marry afterall the scripture said "go and multiply". Is jesus disobeying the scripture?. The truth is that the flesh and spirit cannot be managed together simultaneously. Who told u ignorant man that peter cannot take the gospel to rome?. Peter is already somewhere spreading the gospel and over-seeing the affairs of the church. If peter could not take the gospel to rome then jesus wouldn't have picked him as an apostle because jesus don't pick impotent,coward people. The reason why paul find it very easy to rome was because he was unlike peter a roman citizen and also learned(a lawyer). It is easier for roman citizens to enter rome than other foreigners just like a senegalese can easily gain access into france than a nigerian. Finally, bible without doctrine is rubbish. The doctrine is based on the bible together with some events that were not included in the bible like how,where and when most of the apostles died. The doctrine gives the bible a perfect interpretation as it relates to man and nature. The bible is flexible and not as rigid as you confused fellow had made it to seem. The bible adapts into any environment it found itself for accurate evangelization. You can't evangelize the romans the way you do to the ephesians though you're using the same bible. Like jesus said, the bible is made for man and not man for the bible("sabbath is made for man and not man for sabbath"wink
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Fantacy1(m): 10:21pm On Mar 14, 2013
Congrats d chosen one. May God guild u 2ru..
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by xquizit33: 11:00pm On Mar 14, 2013
AKobo4urthought: All this pope business rubbish is really irritating, Look at how people are frolicking and praising them like they are mini-gods. Didn't the bible say not to worship anyone else beside God. There is even a comment, commending the guy for taking the bus shocked shocked shocked, ARE PEOPLE THAT TAKE THE BUS, NOT HUMAN TOO?? Or is he superior to them?? Humility my arse.

[size=20pt]WORSHIP GOD PEOPLE, AND NOT A DAMN POPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]
ode like u wey just get laptop did they tell you that they are worshiping the pope.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by italo: 12:18am On Mar 15, 2013
free2ryhme: Jesus instituted The church( the body of christ) and not the catholic church (the body of celibate men) men instituted that.

Brother, show me where to find this Church that Christ instituted, if it is not the Catholic Church.

free2ryhme: Can You describe the idea behinde hail mary?

You will have to ask the one who first said "Hail Mary!" Angel Gabriel... And I'm sure he will tell you it was God's message he was carrying, so ask God where he got the idea from and tell me. I also want to know.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 12:21am On Mar 15, 2013
Antivirus92: foolish man, u asked how many apostles were celibate? How many apostles did the bible told were following jesus with their wives and children? Even the one who told jesus to allow him to go and bury his dead father,what did jesus said to him?. You're insulting the apostles by recalling their past life and attributing it to them when they had started following jesus. There was a time an apostle asked jesus what their reward would be for dumbing their family and everything they had to follow him. That showed that they(apostles) were no longer married immediately jesus picked them. Ask ur self,why didn't jesus marry afterall the scripture said "go and multiply". Is jesus disobeying the scripture?. The truth is that the flesh and spirit cannot be managed together simultaneously. Who told u ignorant man that peter cannot take the gospel to rome?. Peter is already somewhere spreading the gospel and over-seeing the affairs of the church. If peter could not take the gospel to rome then jesus wouldn't have picked him as an apostle because jesus don't pick impotent,coward people. The reason why paul find it very easy to rome was because he was unlike peter a roman citizen and also learned(a lawyer). It is easier for roman citizens to enter rome than other foreigners just like a senegalese can easily gain access into france than a nigerian. Finally, bible without doctrine is rubbish. The doctrine is based on the bible together with some events that were not included in the bible like how,where and when most of the apostles died. The doctrine gives the bible a perfect interpretation as it relates to man and nature. The bible is flexible and not as rigid as you confused fellow had made it to seem. The bible adapts into any environment it found itself for accurate evangelization. You can't evangelize the romans the way you do to the ephesians though you're using the same bible. Like jesus said, the bible is made for man and not man for the bible("sabbath is made for man and not man for sabbath"wink

let me end this foolishness of yours once for all... I will not engage in such idle talk ... Jesus gave us standards and principles not doctrines and dogmas... I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 12:24am On Mar 15, 2013
italo:

Brother, show me where to find this Church that Christ instituted, if it is not the Catholic Church.

You will have to ask the one who first said "Hail Mary!" Angel Gabriel... And I'm sure he will tell you it was God's message he was carrying, so ask God where he got the idea from and tell me. I also want to know.

These are lies that pple are meant to believe .. Hail Mary was a greeting and never intend to be a prayer or title.... The bible never used the word catholic church but Body of Christ .. this is common knowledge obvious in the new testaments

1 Like

Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by Antivirus92(m): 12:48am On Mar 15, 2013
free2ryhme:

These are lies that pple are meant to believe .. Hail Mary was a greeting and never intend to be a prayer or title.... The bible never used the word catholic church but Body of Christ .. this is common knowledge obvious in the new testaments
you want to see the word catholic before u believe?. Was there any place in the scripture that said that the name of the book should be called bible? Today it is called bible and u believe bt u want to see the word catholic.
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by free2ryhme: 12:57am On Mar 15, 2013
Antivirus92: you want to see the word catholic before u believe?. Was there any place in the scripture that said that the name of the book should be called bible? Today it is called bible and u believe bt u want to see the word catholic.

i rather believe the bible the word of God that believe catholic the word from men
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by italo: 6:29am On Mar 15, 2013
free2ryhme:

Brother, you seem to be arguing with someone but it isnt me...because I am not arguing with you. I said show me where to find this Church if it isnt the Catholic Church. Simple. So please, where is this Church that Christ instituted?

Regarding "Hail Mary," show me the Catholic who says it is a title...or did you just manufacture that from your belly as you people do?

>>>And do you not know that greetings are an essential part of prayer?
Re: Cardinal Jorge Mario-Bergoglio Is The New Pope by italo: 6:36am On Mar 15, 2013
free2ryhme:

i rather believe the bible the word of God that believe catholic the word from men

Where is it written in the Bible that "the BIBLE is the word of God?"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pastor Orders Bride To Remove Eyelashes At Wedding / Sanctions Must Be Placed On Nigeria After Christian Persecution - UK Group / Where Will Mad People Go To When They Die: Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.