Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Managing Anger In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Managing Anger In Relationships (1602 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / 4 Tips For Dealing With Anger In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Managing Anger In Relationships by LordReed(m): 12:32pm On Mar 26, 2008
Please kool headed nairalanders share with us how u deal wit situations were anger has been steered up btw u n ur beau wat do u do?

Me I walk away so I can kool down.

1 Like

Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by efuah(f): 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2008
I keep silent, when everything cools down, we settle it amicably.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by Teekay82(f): 12:44pm On Mar 26, 2008
What I usually do is to walk away, because if you stick around, someone is bound to say sumting hurtful to another (words hurt more than being beaten), so walk away till you cool down then talk about it. cool
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by micklplus(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
Nice one !
My only strategy has always been to walk away ! dont say anything or do anything at that point and then, talk about it later when u feel u are ready enough to talk "issues" without getting mad at one another. It has worked and it WIll always work !

Cheers
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by Usiola(m): 1:10pm On Mar 26, 2008
i avoid her and keep silent, before 5am in the morning she will wake me up to apologise for flaring up
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by iice(f): 1:14pm On Mar 26, 2008
Errhhh i'd like to go into fits and rages but am more the icy silent type undecided
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by Teekay82(f): 1:35pm On Mar 26, 2008
@ iice, i find that the icy cold shoulder also works wonders lol.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by iice(f): 1:53pm On Mar 26, 2008
Teekay82:

@ iice, i find that the icy cold shoulder also works wonders lol.

Hehehe grin Indeed wink
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by chinda3: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2008
im hot tempered,so the temper is triggered,i just walk away,but d mistake he will make is to try and stop me from walking away,cos if he does,then he will receive a seat at d hottest part of hell,by d time i finish him wt my mouth
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by hammers(m): 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2008
@poster

in addition, i dont only walk away.

I leave with my toothbrush, Undies and two sets of shirts and trousers in case it will take a longer time for her temper to cool down.

Try it.

a good result awaits you after your return on the third day.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by onyekang1(f): 4:57pm On Mar 26, 2008
hammers:

@poster

in addition, i don't only walk away.

I leave with my toothbrush, Undies and two sets of shirts and trousers in case it will take a longer time for her temper to cool down.

Try it.

a good result awaits you after your return on the third day.
YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OHcool
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by janami(f): 5:00pm On Mar 26, 2008
onyeka_ng:

YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN OH! cool
abi.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by Outstrip(f): 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2008
You just have to learn to be quiet. It's going to be hard to do most of the time but it is always the best thing. You almost always regret anything you say in anger and a day or two later when you are not angry anymore you feel alot of guil at hurting the other person. It's always the best solution. It's easy to say I know because I do not always follow this advice but it is the best thing. Whatever it is discuss it when tempers have cooled.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by Akereconf(m): 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2008
I kindly walk in and take a cold glass of water to cool my body before discussing it immediately, cuz some gurls will be mad to the extend of following you on the road, and its an embarrassment on your person. (sha it depends on the kind of problem.)

Cheers grin
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by clemcykul(f): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2008
anger beclouds sense of good judgement, to salvage the situation is to keep mute or betterstill walk away from the offending element.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by TOYOSI20(f): 5:11am On Apr 01, 2008
It's always good to walk away, to prevent doing something u might both regret later.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by sylvex(f): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2008
Being the temperamental type, most times I flare up before having a re-think, guess that my weak point. Still working on it.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by goofy(f): 11:15am On Apr 01, 2008
I just keep quiet, but you know what , that annoys him the more. smiley
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by tngtech(m): 11:26am On Apr 01, 2008
keep quiet, wait till everything is cool then we can talk about wat happened.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by LordReed(m): 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2008
Well it seems alot of people agree that the first action should be to walk away but what of a situation were u are prevented from walking away?

1 Like

Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by TheSly: 1:58pm On Apr 01, 2008
Walk away to where?? ?? ??
I'ma settle it immediately. . . . cool
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by opokonwa(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2008
I would confront it immediately.
Keeping it cool is letting it develop into a monster.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by desodgi(m): 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2008
tehehehhehe, me all I do is face it but sometimes she might be very stubborn to see reasons, so all I do is just settle down take out the anger on a tv game. grin
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by bluehorizo(m): 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2008
TOLERANCE and a little Patience
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by Gbemyte(f): 4:21pm On Apr 01, 2008
whenever am angry i usually drink a water from the kettle muslim use to do their prayer called "AGE" in yoruba
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by Zandra1(f): 1:00am On Apr 02, 2008
I control and mind what I say by closing my eyes and taking a very deep breath. He'd keep quiet for a few secs or mins. Then we'd talk about it. No one leaves the house or sleeps till its settled cause the next day is a brand new day so no hassles from the day before. We try not to raise our voices at each other when having any misunderstanding and it works like magic once u get used to it. It helps u resolve ur misunderstanding much easier and faster. U might even end up hugging or giving each other a kiss after the 'wronger' apologizes to the 'wrongee' cause its easier for u to realize ur mistake when no yelling is invoved. Once in a while I'd raise my voice, but I hate when I do that. Still working on it. . . . still working on it.
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by tRoOE(f): 4:56am On Apr 02, 2008
As for me i take a good nap because that seems to be the thing that cools me  down or watch TV, while my guy either take a walk or play video game and after an hr of silent treatment, we both discuss whateva happened and how it should repeat itself.

One thing we both tend avoid, is not to allow how angers to take over the situation or the best of us, since we are both hot heads, one got to step down for the other. Like they say “Tow wrong does not make it right”

Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by TheSly: 5:03am On Apr 02, 2008
cheesy grin Lol ooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy grin
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by Nobody: 5:13am On Apr 02, 2008
It's best I keep my distance for a while and let me think about the next step to go about the situation at hand. I don't like getting angry or going into rages but when I do, people end up being surprised
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by manchibabe: 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2008
@ tRoOE
i guess taking a nap is very effective, but not without switching off your phone for the whole day,

another way of dealing wit my anger is to be silent becos silence has always been the ans for a f**l and just walk away and listen to some of ur fav music which walks all the tyme, it helps to cool d anger becos if not wrong tins will just be released
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by 4Him(m): 3:03pm On Apr 02, 2008
tRoOE:

As for me i take a good nap because that seems to be the thing that cools me down or watch TV, while my guy either take a walk or play video game and after an hr of silent treatment, we both discuss whateva happened and how it should repeat itself.

One thing we both tend avoid, is not to allow how angers to take over the situation or the best of us, since we are both hot heads, one got to step down for the other. Like they say “Tow wrong does not make it right”

your grammar is atrocious. Did you go to school at all?
Re: Managing Anger In Relationships by bawomolo(m): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2008
lol 4him and troe are still beefing

(1) (2) (Reply)

U A Snooper? / Why Do Most Men Marry Village Girls / Fear Of Unknown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.