Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati (19807 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
A-ZeD:

Shout all you want
The US have 24 hrs light, we don't
The US have better universities , we don't
The 1st lady of the US is treated in the US

Stop being an idiot. two wrongs will never make a right.
Yawn... The USA has had 350 years of independence to get that done. Nigeria is just 50. If you cannot wait, go and live in Somalia or Sudan. Like I said, those countries are offering free visas.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by tayeola24yahoo: 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2013
toothpaste: Ruben Abati please don't waste your time trying to address and educate the loud mouthed fools in the SW opposition party. A decision has been taken with the council and input from others who understand governance. That decision is in the best interest of the country. Idiots would continue to shout like idiots they truly are.
you called people of SW fools?if you want to talk you will tell me you brain,I can see nothing like with you!and I want to point out something on nairaland,why is it only SEandSW dat used to abuse themslves?northerner wil never do such.when you to talk you wil northerner does not ve sense.

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by sunkoye: 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
ewet: I watched tht interview and i saw Dr.Abati only tryin to explain to us wht state pardon is and wht its not like we dont alredy know. The question shuld not be whether Alams could get state pardon or not but tht whether it was morally correct and wht was GEJ's ulterior motive.
To me its morally wrong and further depicts GEJ as an apostle of corruption. And for DR.Abati i really commend the way he is goin abt his obviously difficult job of defending this very unintelligent and unassuming president. HE is doin a yeoman's job and i tell u even if he were to be the devils spokesman he will still do a gud job at letting us see reasons why we shuld follow the devil to hell fire.
Bros i duff my heart for u.
if he had been devil spokeman am sure the guy would fired him a week into his job! This man cannot convince me on the justification of alams pardon...so hw would he had been able to get me to fink hell is beta dan heaven. Na wa oo
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by ypzilanti: 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
Reuben Abati can sell his conscience and defend evil, but he should not insult Nigerians that refuse to accept his Ogas's nonsense. We all know that he PERSONALLY would have been writing abuses against Jonathan this week if he was still writing at The Guardian.

He is the reason why government does not take columnists seriously...he and Segun Adeniyi. Today, government laughs when Dele Momodu and co write because they feel that all that is needed for a U-turn is an employment letter.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by thelastPope(m): 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

The joker is basically saying once part of any government, you no longer have the capacity to differentiate between right and wrong so incompetence and abusive practices are understandable and excusable.

He's a clear replica of the clueless and cheap thinking people in government.

But you obviously do not know the difference between right and wrong else you will not be licking th azz of a fraudster and Toronto certificate forger! You are the bigger hypocrite. lol
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by StevenJay01(m): 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
I have always knwn abati to b a bastard.I was opportuned to meet him once in RISE programme @ abeokuta in 2009 and I knw he was an ovarated fool!!he speaks frm his anus and dazz it.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by dvee2: 12:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
suddenly USA have become a none entity country all because we must defend GEJ's action. Transpiracy International are bunch of paid clowns just because we must defend GEJ's action.very soon,the two scriptures Bible/Quaran will become archaic books because we must defend Goodluck's goof. Nigeria to cry or to laugh I don't know now?
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by tayeola24yahoo: 12:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
toothpaste: Ruben Abati please don't waste your time trying to address and educate the loud mouthed fools in the SW opposition party. A decision has been taken with the council and input from others who understand governance. That decision is in the best interest of the country. Idiots would continue to shout like idiots they truly are.
you called people of SW fools?if you want to talk you will tell me you brailiant,I can see nothing like with you!and I want to point out something on nairaland,why is it dat only SEandSW dat used to abuse themslves?northerner wil never do such.when you want to talk you wil say northerner does not ve sense.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by wowo2: 12:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
The war on corruption in government is so feeble and has only managed to convict a handful. It is very puerile and there is just no sane excuse for the government to pardon Alamieyeseigha. This just emboldens those stealing government funds...very disgraceful.

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by emmatok(m): 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
dvee2: suddenly USA have become a none entity country all because we must defend GEJ's action. Transpiracy International are bunch of paid clowns just because we must defend GEJ's action.very soon,the two scriptures Bible/Quaran will become archaic books because we must defend Goodluck's goof. Nigeria to cry or to laugh I don't know now?

My brother na so we see am o.

If a terrorist support GEJ he is clean.
But if an innocent citizen is critical of GEJ he is labeled a criminal.

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
dvee2: suddenly USA have become a none entity country all because we must defend GEJ's action. Transpiracy International are bunch of paid clowns just because we must defend GEJ's action.very soon,the two scriptures Bible/Quaran will become archaic books because we must defend Goodluck's goof. Nigeria to cry or to laugh I don't know now?

The funny part is the same GEJ cared enough about Transparency International to come out and even make a false statement about them to Nigerians when he thought they were endorsing his government. Now they are openly dissapointed his sycophants are telling us they don't matter. These peole just keep fooling themselves.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by mankand(m): 12:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abati must be a real goat and have shown how greedy a man can be all because of money. I have only one advise for him, come 2015 let him just remain in Ask Rock and be sleeping in the zoo because i smell revolution soon and capital death penalty awaits him and his oga at the top as well as other oga at the top who have taken nigeria for granted
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Sharrks: 12:45pm On Mar 17, 2013
I have taken my time to peruse your your rambling speech and i do not see a single offender, that stole public fund enthrusted to his or her care that was pardon,stop being a simpleton and try become a realist. In that way you will become a better you and to your generation unborn [quote author=bidell1][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by eldoradoxx: 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2013
All over the world worst criminals than Alamieseghia are pardoned for even worst offences than corruption. U see, advanced democracies do not put there rich and powerful men in prison or tag them "ex convicts". Because it is better for the country and economy that these men are left free to help the political and economic process. Imagine what Nigeria stands to loose in jailing a Dangote or Adenuga or Ifeanyi Uba or Otedola or Cosmos Maduka etc. Just name them. Alamieseghia has been a major factor in the amnesty issue and the relative stability in Niger Delta today. During his travail was when the militancy went to the highest level dropping oil production to mere 700 thousand barrels. While he was Governor, he knew all the militants, he had their confidence, he visited them at their hideouts far inside the creeks without any security details. Secured release of white hostages etc. Out of office, he stil has great relevance in stability in Niger Delta as a whole. So if his price is mere presidential pardon, I don't think its too expensive. It has always been my firm bbelieve that even in America, Britain etc , as holy and corrupt free as they want us to believe, some criminals are stil left unarrested, some people stil walk free with serious offencesn some people are stil granted state pardon for murder because exigencies of the moment dictates so. so atimes political cum economic exigencies do occur that can force a leader take critical decisions that re unpopular but for the interest of us all in the long run. I love Alams
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by mediainspired: 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2013
While I wont subscribe to calling the president derogatery names, he has sufficiently convinced me he lacks the courage, sagacity &discretion to correct the well-known ills of the Nigerian society &has woefully failed to seize this chance to etch his name in gold. He has become like the typical African president - pedestrian, myopic, deceptive (always wearing the expression &toga of a humble, man-of-the-people look, while his extravagant wife unmasks his lies) &, very sadly, nepotic (siting several fg parastals in Yenagoa, always talking about 'where I come from' in public speeches, always on his tribal outfit, & now Alams of all people that qualifies for a state pardon?).
Worse, presidential minions here like taharqa &Rossyk will rather hurl insults at citizens demanding accountability &good governance, rather than confer with them &explain some of GEJ's questionable policies. It shows the president's true characters. He is like Saul; initially anointed by God to sanitize the state. But he showed he lacked moral courage, prompting God to anoint a David while he was still king.
of all people that qualifies for pardon).

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
Sharrks: I have taken my time to peruse your your rambling speech and i do not see a single offender, that stole public fund enthrusted to his or her care that was pardon,stop being a simpleton and try become a realist. In that way you will become a better you and to your generation unborn
You are a liar. Tax evaders, fraudsters, bribery convicts etc are well represented on the list of pardoned US convicts. Those crimes are the same thing as stealing public funds. And the amounts involved are millions of dollars.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Skoopy(m): 12:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
greateros: Dr Reuben Abati

He noted that the conviction of a Nigerian does not mean that such an individual should be locked out of the society.

The state pardon, he claims is to help restore such convicts back in the society.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/16/nigerians-reaction-to-alams-pardon-is-sophisticated-ignorance-abati/
I suppose all exconvicts also deserve state pardon with internt of incorporating them back into society, thus giving them one fundamental right that has been taken away from them; that to vote and be voted for: we are no fools.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by dubenc13: 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
Mr Abati is now a settled sycophants and settled house boy.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by ayox2003: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2013
taharqa:

SHUT that your sillly mouth there, you NITWIT. Which USA? Some of you are so stu.pid and damn Ignorant to booth. GOSH!!!

US Presidents have routinely given Pardons to more people with crimes far greater than those of Thief Alams, and in a few instance, in more morally periled circumstances. Hardly any of them have not given Pardons to less than a 100 CRIMINALS (Spies, tax cheats, fraudsters, corrupt persons, murderers, etc, including 'Prisoners of Conscience' of course). How many times has Nigeria, or any country for that matter, expressed 'disappointment' over such pardons??

Bill Clinton's last Executive action in Office (Jan 20, 2001) was to grant Pardon to a former Business partner of his who was linked to the (in)famous WhiteWaters Scandal ( a corruption case which even somehow roped Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary) and also to his own Brother, who had been convicted of Cocaine Possession. Bill Clinton ended up granting I think almost 500 Presidential Pardons.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1318811/Clinton-grants-pardon-for-his-drug-offending-brother.html

President Gerald Ford also granted Pardon to his immediate Boss and preceding President ( Richard Nixon) after the (in)famous WaterGate Scandal (a grand scheme that involved Perjury, Corruption etc at the highest levels of the US Govt); as a matter of fact, he granted the ex-President 'Unconditional Pardon' to prevent him from even been tried in the US Courts for his crimes!! Yea, that right: unlike Thief Alams that was even convicted in our own court, ex-President Nixon was 'forgiven of ALL his sins, known and unknown' by President Ford's Pardon which ensured that he couldn't even be prosecuted. These examples are in no way Exceptional in the history of the granting of Presidential Pardons in the USA. Is this the same country you are 'happy' is criticizing your own country for doing way less than what they have done at various times, including recently??

There is NOTHING wrong ordinarily in granting pardons to CRIMINALS, afterall, Pardons are meant for Sinners and not Saints. GEJ's Pardon to Thief Alams is only wrong to the extent of the peculiar situation of Nigeria ie the Perception it gives about the ongoing 'Fight on Corruption'; and I agree completely on this grounds with people who have criticized this particular decision of GEJ, esp as Perception could often times be as powerful as Reality. However, I insist that we can criticize the decision without further 'foooling' ourselves and taking thrash from HYPOCRITES who do even 'worse' in this respect.

The USA should keep SHUT on this issue; if they dont, then we ought to remind them to so do.

Small minds discuss people. Great minds discuss issues.

Listen, if then u wanna compare the GEJ's pardon with that of the Bill Clinton, then you should compare GEJ's accountability with that of the Bill. You should also compare GEJs regime as a whole with that of Bill Clinton.

You think you know how to make-up excuses, right. Then GEJ has no excuse to achieve what Clinton achieved cos he and Clinton granted pardon to crooks, okay? You wrote a dyslogistic statement. Blatant rubbish.

Frawzey

3 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by sportfeva(m): 1:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
Once I read the name "Abati" which is synonymous to "Seller", nothing great can out come of his selling brain.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by ayox2003: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
taharqa:

SHUT that your sillly mouth there, you NITWIT. Which USA? Some of you are so stu.pid and damn Ignorant to booth. GOSH!!!

US Presidents have routinely given Pardons to more people with crimes far greater than those of Thief Alams, and in a few instance, in more morally periled circumstances. Hardly any of them have not given Pardons to less than a 100 CRIMINALS (Spies, tax cheats, fraudsters, corrupt persons, murderers, etc, including 'Prisoners of Conscience' of course). How many times has Nigeria, or any country for that matter, expressed 'disappointment' over such pardons??

Bill Clinton's last Executive action in Office (Jan 20, 2001) was to grant Pardon to a former Business partner of his who was linked to the (in)famous WhiteWaters Scandal ( a corruption case which even somehow roped Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary) and also to his own Brother, who had been convicted of Cocaine Possession. Bill Clinton ended up granting I think almost 500 Presidential Pardons.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1318811/Clinton-grants-pardon-for-his-drug-offending-brother.html

President Gerald Ford also granted Pardon to his immediate Boss and preceding President ( Richard Nixon) after the (in)famous WaterGate Scandal (a grand scheme that involved Perjury, Corruption etc at the highest levels of the US Govt); as a matter of fact, he granted the ex-President 'Unconditional Pardon' to prevent him from even been tried in the US Courts for his crimes!! Yea, that right: unlike Thief Alams that was even convicted in our own court, ex-President Nixon was 'forgiven of ALL his sins, known and unknown' by President Ford's Pardon which ensured that he couldn't even be prosecuted. These examples are in no way Exceptional in the history of the granting of Presidential Pardons in the USA. Is this the same country you are 'happy' is criticizing your own country for doing way less than what they have done at various times, including recently??

There is NOTHING wrong ordinarily in granting pardons to CRIMINALS, afterall, Pardons are meant for Sinners and not Saints. GEJ's Pardon to Thief Alams is only wrong to the extent of the peculiar situation of Nigeria ie the Perception it gives about the ongoing 'Fight on Corruption'; and I agree completely on this grounds with people who have criticized this particular decision of GEJ, esp as Perception could often times be as powerful as Reality. However, I insist that we can criticize the decision without further 'foooling' ourselves and taking thrash from HYPOCRITES who do even 'worse' in this respect.

The USA should keep SHUT on this issue; if they dont, then we ought to remind them to so do.

Listen, if then u wanna compare the GEJ's pardon with that of the Bill Clinton, then you should compare GEJ's accountability with that of the Bill. You should also compare GEJs regime as a whole with that of Bill Clinton.

You think you know how to make-up excuses, right. Then GEJ has no excuse to achieve what Clinton achieved cos he and Clinton granted pardon to crooks, okay? You wrote a dyslogistic statement for teen who don't know politics.

Frawzey
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Denlightened(m): 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
Femi Fani-Kayode
I listened to Reuben Abati on Channels today talking about the state pardon that was recently granted to a number of people.
He tried his best but the truth is that I have never heard such rubbish before in my life. Heeven went as far as to accuse Nigerians of"sophisticated ignorance" on the matter.
I am beginning to suspect that this man is thebiological product and offspring of a same sex marriage. He looks and sounds like the missing link
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by ayox2003: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by killuminati(m): 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
tayeola24@yahoo:
you called people of SW fools?if you want to talk you will tell me you brain,I can see nothing like with you!and I want to point out something on nairaland,why is it only SEandSW dat used to abuse themslves?northerner wil never do such.when you to talk you wil northerner does not ve sense.
lol
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by tpia5: 1:20pm On Mar 17, 2013
He didnt abuse you people nah, at least he said you were "sophisticated".
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by tpia5: 1:21pm On Mar 17, 2013
Btw how did this become yoruba vs igbo again, i havent gone through the thread.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by midetinz(m): 1:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
See what money can do. Abati has been rebranded by politics. This is not the Abati of guardian OR of Patito's gang. Posterity will never forgive u or ur generations to come! Mod,no ban me for saying d truth oooo
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Pataki: 1:43pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk: Please reserve that insult for you and your household. Leave Nigeria out of it. Why don't you move to Somalia? They give free visas you know?

You are a demented goat. I really don't blame you, I blame your neighbor who keeps stuffing your room with the exhaust fumes from his generator.

You have no room to entertain or afford a shred of sanity and rational thinking in your life. You are a disgraceful Nigerian.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by kbdrim(m): 1:44pm On Mar 17, 2013
ayox2003:

You think you know how to make-up excuses, right. Then GEJ has no excuse to achieve what Clinton achieved cos he and Clinton granted pardon to crooks, okay? You wrote a dyslogistic statement for teens who don't know politics.

Frawzey
Both presidents actually did that as last acts of their second term in office
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by sweetgala(m): 1:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
I don't even know what to say, I've heard some solid arguments to support the reason why thou the pardon jeopardises the fight against corruption it is usually accepted for a sitting president to exercise such a right even if controversial.
Its the morals that hurts how, can this Abati who fiercely criticised Alams that is here defending the President's lack of morals. He was better off saying nothing.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by coputa(m): 2:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
Most nigerians will be disapointed by the state pardon granted to Alamieseigha because of thier archaic and stereotyped ways of seeing things-. poor and blind folded in matters concerning governance.,somebody even said that America is dissapointed..who is America,,some of us lacked this independent spirit to reason and forge ahead in life America cannot lock their best brains in prison,they will integrate them into the society to fast track national development.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 17, 2013
coputa: Most nigerians will be disapointed by the state pardon granted to Alamieseigha because of thier archaic and stereotyped ways of seeing things-. poor and blind folded in matters concerning governance.,somebody even said that America is dissapointed..who is America,,some of us lacked this independent spirit to reason and forge ahead in life America cannot lock their best brains in prison,they will integrate them into the society to fast track national development.

Bro don't mind the sheep. They would broadcast that CNN, Transparency Intl, US Embassy,etc are disappointed with the govt's decision. Such is the low self esteem of the morons. A very crass exhibition of the lowest of the lows in human hierarchy. And make no mistake, they are mostly of the APC & ACN supporters. The lousiest bunch of noise-making charlatans this country contains angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adamu Muazu Denies Dumping PDP, Wishes Propagandists Goodluck / My View On The Igbos From An Anioma Guy. / Suicide Bombers Hit IDP Camp In Dalori, Borno. Many Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.