Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487256 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 4:56pm On Jun 09, 2013
babsharon:

Texas is α good state with low cost of living, u will enjoy the place.

Thanks bro, it is well with you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 6:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
I am using this medium to wish my surest friend success in his interview come wednesday of this blessed week. I interviewed him personally and I guess he is unstoppable. Will come here to testify to the glory of God on his behalf.
Alles gute in advance friend and to others that will be interviewed this week and weeks to come. God is Love!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 6:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
annoymous:

I hope dey avnt sent ur receipt in the mail. Send them an email - fmjfee.sevis@dhs.gov

I made the mistake in the scheduling of the visa appointment. Please I need to change my sevis number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:31pm On Jun 09, 2013
honourableseyi:

Please house, I am still waiting for your reply concerning this post. Please kindly help me out, it is very urgent

The Texas environment is generally a good place to live. The weather is very much similar to Nigeria's and it gets real hot like Nigeria's during the summer. Cost of living is generally cheap and affordable and you'll get to meet so many Nigerians living in Texas. Texas is one place very much like Lagos or Abuja and you could actually be walking on the street and you hear someone pass you by speaking Igbo or Yoruba. Yea, its like that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
kunlebal:

Please house it is possible for me to get admission into a school in usa without writing TOEFL or SAT, for master in Finance. Am a graduate of accounting with CGPA of 3:20, working presently in an automobile company here in nigeria. Please house I need your responses

Undergraduate studies: SAT and/or TOEFL.
Graduate studies: GRE and/or TOEFL (for science programs)
'' GMAT and/or TOEFL (for management/MBA programs)

In your case, you'd be required to write the GMAT and maybe TOEFL. Most US schools demand for either or both exams for masters admission while a few don't demand for either of them. However, you'll still need to write, at least, one standardized test for the embassy's sake because in more than 90% of all cases they deny applicants without any standardized tests even when the visa officers fully know that not all schools back in their country demand for such exams before giving admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 09, 2013
ystd4567: @maxwello.yg,

To my best of knowledge, international students/non permanent residents/non citizens are not eligible to study medicine in the USA. I know well of some european countries where you have this option of studying medicine available, you should explore this option.
thanks bro. Well, can i have the list of affordable European university where an international student can study medicine? Thanks in advance as i await your answer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 6:58pm On Jun 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:

The Texas environment is generally a good place to live. The weather is very much similar to Nigeria's and it gets real hot like Nigeria's during the summer. Cost of living is generally cheap and affordable and you'll get to meet so many Nigerians living in Texas. Texas is one place very much like Lagos or Abuja and you could actually be walking on the street and you hear someone pass you by speaking Igbo or Yoruba. Yea, its like that.

So true. Houston, TX is small Nigeria in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
Yepa! I wanted to register for SAT n i heard no more sat test date for Nigeria.. Oh my God!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
@maxwello.yg, use search engines such as www.google.com, www.msn.com, www.yahoo.com and www.mama.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 09, 2013
@maxwello.yg, you can use the following search engines: google.com, msn.com, yahoo.com and mama.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Thank you sir,God bless you. I think by now I can intensify my effort on the admission so that I can meet up with the next entry date. But please what about the job prospect? I mean having the opportunity to do (jamajama)lols when study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2013
honourableseyi:

Thank you sir,God bless you. I think by now I can intensify my effort on the admission so that I can meet up with the next entry date. But please what about the job prospect? I mean having the opportunity to do (jamajama)lols when study?

As α student u are not eligible †̥o work during your first year of study, though u can get on campus job that pay little for 20 hrs in α week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
Texas is really nice. There are so many Nigerians living there. My sister lives there too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2013
babsharon:

As α student u are not eligible †̥o work during your first year of study, though u can get on campus job that pay little for 20 hrs in α week.

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:51am On Jun 10, 2013
Hi fam, Is it real easy to transfer from a university (expensive) to a public college (cheap) wen i get to US, n lets say is it possible to move 4rm a uni in California 2 a college in Maryland..? And what r d steps to take.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:53am On Jun 10, 2013
Amefrica: Hi fam, Is it real easy to transfer from a university (expensive) to a public college (cheap) wen i get to US, n lets say is it possible to move 4rm a uni in California 2 a college in Maryland..? And what r d steps to take.. Thanks

Very possible. Get here, do first semester and ask your school to release you for the other school. All you need from your school is their recommendation/release letter. Shikena.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 7:35am On Jun 10, 2013
Amefrica: Hi fam, Is it real easy to transfer from a university (expensive) to a public college (cheap) wen i get to US, n lets say is it possible to move 4rm a uni in California 2 a college in Maryland..? And what r d steps to take.. Thanks

Yep, read up bigfrancis+imperiouxx post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Very possible. Get here, do first semester and ask your school to release you for the other school. All you need from your school is their recommendation/release letter. Shikena.

Bro, u never for once ignore my post, thanks, i appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 10, 2013
gr8ever:

Yep, read up bigfrancis+imperiouxx post.

thanks padi mi, how is ur toefl registration going, do quick bro. No more SAT in Nigeria, dis year.. Im gonna complete app 4 schools dat dnt require SAT. Plus, ive never seen any skul that require toefl only, if u can help me wit 2-3 skuls dat requires toefl only, i will appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2013
Please house, i want to know if standardized test score can determine chances of getting a visa. I'm just an average student and 4yrs college is expensive, im thinking if i don't get a schorlaship with my test score, i'll transfer to a Community College.

Also, which of this top rated TOEFL prep book should i go for...
Official guide to the TOEFL ibt 4th edition. Barron's new TOEFL IBT superpack by pamela sharpe.
Complete guide to the TOEFL IBT test by Bruce Rogers.
400 must have words for the TOEFL by Lynn Stafford.
Delta's key to the TOEF IBT by Nancy gallagher.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 10, 2013
'Kindness' they say is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. I want to use this medium to appreciate Gboyega and Bigfrancis. They've both been good to me. Gboyega got me 'Barrons GRE textbook' from the US and Bigfrancis was with me all through my GRE registration process.

Honestly, I can't thank you guys enough. Your labour of love will not be in vain. May God almighty reward your good deeds. When you call one, ten thousand would answer. Whenever you are at the end of your ability, God's mighty power will take you up and bring you blessings beyond human comprehension.

I guess the best thing to do from my end in sincere appreciation of your valuable help is to ACE this GRE. I promise to have a score you both would be proud of wink wink May God help me.

Thanks once again... I'm very grateful smiley smiley smiley

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

@Imperiouxx, you are missing something here. You forgot to inform him that he will still need to pay the FIRST semester tuition fee of the university he will be attending in US before he transfers to another university or college.

@Amefrica, hope you are aware you will be expected to pay for your First Semester Tuition fee before you will be able to transfer to another university or college of your choice in the US

@Amefrica, have this in MIND, some schools first
semester tuition fee is suicide. Very Expensive.

You can pay as high as $8000 per semester which
when converted to naira equivalent, we are looking
at #1.2million per semester, and for a year it is
double which is #2.4million per year.

I'm just giving you an insight on what you will be
expected to pay. So you should be prepared and
well informed. It depends on the school you search,
some may charge higher than what I illustrated
above.

@Amefrica, I have been reading your previous post
here and I can see that you have a little financial
difficulty.

So my advise to you is that when searching for a
school of your choice, Choose Wisely. Make sure you
Put into consideration their first semester tuition fee they charge for international students.

Because the Tuition fee most schools in US charge
international students is Outrageous. Unless you
have Full or partial scholarship from the school, then one has nothing to worry about.

And when I mean scholarship, I am not talking about those ones that some schools will give you a $1000 - $2,500 scholarship out of OVERALL tuition fee of $16000 or Higher. That's not Scholarship to me.
When I mean Scholarship, I'm talkin about reasonable ones.

So, Go to Google and search for cheap schools in US.
Take your time carefully to check what they charge
per semester.

Because even if you are transfering to another
school, you cannot escape that first semester tuition fee.

When you search for schools, you will definately see
schools that charge much lower than $8000 per
semester which I know you can afford.

Then when you attend the school after you have
paid your first semester tuition fee, you can easily
transfer to any community college of your choice
that even charge as low as $3500 per academic
year.

Cheers bro. See you at the Top...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Theloveth(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2013
Why was my post hidden? It wasnt harmful.Just need some informations thats all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 11:41am On Jun 10, 2013

@Amefrica, hope you are aware you will be expected to pay for your First Semester Tuition fee before you will be able to transfer to another university or college of your choice in the US

@Amefrica, have this in MIND, some schools first semester tuition fee is suicide. Very Expensive.

You can pay as high as $8000 per semester which when converted to naira equivalent, we are looking at #1.2million per semester, and for a year it is
double which is #2.4million per year.

I'm just giving you an insight on what you will be expected to pay. So you should be prepared and well informed. It depends on the school you search, some may charge higher than what I illustrated
above.

@Amefrica, I have been reading your previous post here and I can see that you have a little financial difficulty.

So my advise to you is that when searching for a school of your choice, Choose Wisely. Make sure you Put into consideration their first semester tuition fee they charge for international students.

Because the Tuition fee most schools in US charge international students is Outrageous. Unless you have Full or partial scholarship from the school, then one has nothing to worry about.

And when I mean scholarship, I am not talking about those ones that some schools will give you a $1000 - $2,500 scholarship out of OVERALL tuition fee of $16000 or Higher. That's not Scholarship to me.

When I mean Scholarship, I'm talkin about reasonable ones.

So, Go to Google and search for cheap schools in US.

Take your time carefully to check what they charge per semester.

Because even if you are transfering to another school, you cannot escape that first semester tuition fee.

When you search for schools, you will definately see schools that charge much lower than $8000 per semester which I know you can afford.

Then when you attend the school after you have paid your first semester tuition fee, you can easily transfer to any community college of your choice
that even charge as low as $3500 per academic year.

Cheers bro. See you at the Top...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2013
@swagger,
thanks so much bro, i wil take my time to find cheap schools, plus i registered for toefl doin d exam 26th of July. Afta registratn i gt to know, no more SAT test dates for Nigerians. All my research on NO SAT, Cheap SCHOOLS proved abortive.. #imFEDUP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by jonnyp(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2013
hey bro dnt give up i see ya ontop
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2013
jonnyp: hey bro dnt give up i see ya ontop

You think ?! Thanks anyway..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2013
Amefrica:

You think ?! Thanks anyway..

Yes, he sees you at the top!!! and I think the bolded is a wrong statement(never doubt God)... Believe in HIM and yourself, never forget that with God all things are possible.

The fact that you can't register for SAT anymore this year doesn't mean you won't get your visa. FAITH is all you need my brother.

I wish you all the best Bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2013
Amefrica: @swagger,
thanks so much bro, i wil take my time to find cheap schools, plus i registered for toefl doin d exam 26th of July. Afta registratn i gt to know, no more SAT test dates for Nigerians. All my research on NO SAT, Cheap SCHOOLS proved abortive.. #imFEDUP

@Amefrica, Don't EVER give up on anything. You can make it. Successful people don't give up.
Many of those students studying in US never gave up, even though they faced different challenges.

Don't let anyone tell you that You can't Make it. You CAN make it.

One thing you need to know is that you don't expect your Road to success to be smooth, you must encounter some challenges on the way and you must learn how to face and tackle this Challenges.

NOTHING is impossible. People studying in US don't have 4 heads, they are human beings like you, so if they can make it, why can't you as well Make it. So bro, it is Possible. WAKE UP. Keep fighting till you succeed.

@Amefrica, Let me assist you in giving you list of Schools that don't require SAT for admission. The last time I checked they Don't require SAT for admission. Who knows maybe they might have changed their admission requirement policy. So you still need to mail these schools to confirm and be on a safe side.

Eastern illinois university
Idaho state university
Northwestern state university of louisiana
Southeast missouri state university
Northwest missouri state university
Northern Arizona University
California State University, Fullerton
North Dakota State university
Weber state university
Ohio state university
Missouri state university
Wright state university
Western Michigan University
Western illinois university

Email these schools and make your Enquiry. Go to their website and get their international admissions email and compose your message properly and send to all.

These schools I gave you, if only you knew what it took me before I could get these schools for myself.

When I was still searching for schools, I hardly sleep at night, that was how I was able to jot out all these schools in my private book and give to you.
It is good to keep reference.

Cheers bro.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2013
Please do you know anything about staying in the u.s after I might have completed my Education like the Canada Permanent Resident? Hope U.S own will not be cumbersome like that of U.K? For example, in Canada, when you have completed your education, you can apply PRP provided you have worked for a year to 2 years or so. How does U.S looks like?

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.