Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487253 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
For those that are interested in cheap community college, you can check this out; Alvin tech community college, Austin, Texas.It's one of the cheapest Community colleges in U.S. if you also need any Information concerning the school, you can let me know. Shalom
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2013
@mr swagger i like yr style brov, thanks for the great job u ve been doing for amefrica

@Amefrica you seems to be a lucky boy, may NLDERS here do cater for yr posts here, this is the first time am seeing this here. Some NLDERS might even tell you to read previous posts

LUCKY BOY ORI E WANBE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
kofsy: 'Kindness' they say is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. I want to use this medium to appreciate Gboyega and Bigfrancis. They've both been good to me. Gboyega got me 'Barrons GRE textbook' from the US and Bigfrancis was with me all through my GRE registration process.

Honestly, I can't thank you guys enough. Your labour of love will not be in vain. May God almighty reward your good deeds. When you call one, ten thousand would answer. Whenever you are at the end of your ability, God's mighty power will take you up and bring you blessings beyond human comprehension.

I guess the best thing to do from my end in sincere appreciation of your valuable help is to ACE this GRE. I promise to have a score you both would be proud of wink wink May God help me.

Thanks once again... I'm very grateful smiley smiley smiley

See appreciation. This is great!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2013
mr swagger:

@Imperiouxx, you are missing something here. You forgot to inform him that he will still need to pay the FIRST semester tuition fee of the university he will be attending in US before he transfers to another university or college.

That's certain. To be considered as an active student in any semester in any school, tuition fee must have been rolling or rolled in.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2013
@olarwarlay and @swagger.. I dnt knw how much to show my appreciation.. Ur d best ever, as at 9:00am dis morning my interest and morale dropped by 60percent, bt now u guys av boosted my morale to 90percent.. May God reward u positively.. #teamnevergiveup

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2013
honourableseyi: Please do you know anything about staying in the u.s after I might have completed my Education like the Canada Permanent Resident? Hope U.S own will not be cumbersome like that of U.K? For example, in Canada, when you have completed your education, you can apply PRP provided you have worked for a year to 2 years or so. How does U.S looks like?

Honorable,

Like UK is US. You're done with your studies, you'll be given 2 to 3 months to pack ya loads except you continue studying/married to an American/get a job that can file for you/stay illegal. These two countries are populated by lot of immigrants, so dashing out their PR like Canada is almost impossible.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
honourableseyi: For those that are interested in cheap community college, you can check this out; Alvin tech community college, Austin, Texas.It's one of the cheapest Community colleges in U.S. if you also need any Information concerning the school, you can let me know. Shalom

Bet it with you, no regular member of this thread will ever check out the school you gave.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2013
smithjanetstore: @mr swagger i like yr style brov, thanks for the great job u ve been doing for amefrica

@Amefrica you seems to be a lucky boy, may NLDERS here do cater for yr posts here, this is the first time am seeing this here. Some NLDERS might even tell you to read previous posts

LUCKY BOY ORI E WANBE

oh yeah. Ur right, i neva knew im loved in dis thread.. Special thanks to swagger, orlarwalay, imperiouxx n bigfrancis..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Bet it with you, no regular member of this thread will ever check out the school you gave.

I don't understand what you mean by this;Can you please expatiate? I want to know the true intent of your reply to my post. Shalom
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Honorable,

Like UK is US. You're done with your studies, you'll be given 2 to 3 months to pack ya loads except you continue studying/married to an american/get a job that can file for you/stay illegal. These two countries are populated, so dashing out their PR like Canada is almost impossible.

Thanks bro, it is well with you sir.Shalom
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2013
honourableseyi:

I don't understand what you mean by this;Can you please expatiate? I want to know the true intent of your reply to my post. Shalom

Getting visa with a community college admission is like looking for a needle in a haystack. All community colleges are cheap for the money and cheap in getting visa denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Getting visa with a community college admission is like looking for a needle in a haystack. All community colleges are cheap for the money and cheap in getting visa denied.

Now I understand your intent; but as it is what do you think is the way out of this? The fact is, I have applied to the school, it remains only one document and application fees to complete my application process.But with this your explanation,I don't know what to do again. Those universities fees are too exorbitant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
honourableseyi:

Now I understand your intent; but as it is what do you think is a way out of this? The fact is, I have applied to the school, it remains only one document and application fees to complete my application process.But with this your explanation,I don't know what to do again. Those universities fees are too exorbitant

Go ahead with the college admission but look for cheap university which you can apply, use it to get the visa then transfer to a college after your first semester with the university.
You can check on schools posted by mr swagger if they are affordable for you. Cheers

@imperiouxx i hail you 100 times bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
babsharon:

Go ahead with the college admission but look for cheap university which you can apply, use it to get the visa then transfer to a college after your first semester with the university.
You can check on schools posted by mr swagger if they are affordable for you. Cheers

Hello sir. Thanks for explaining more further.

@Honorable,

That's just it. Try and get both admissions and see where destiny pushes you.

Not that people don't get visa with CC, but their % is very, very, very small. My reason for the initial post. Those who are conversant with this thread won't dare invest in applying to CC.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 4:05pm On Jun 10, 2013
Hi Nlanders, I can't get a date for interview. What is the next option?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
obsy2020: Hi Nlanders, I can't get a date for interview. What is the next option?

Continue searching. It opens anytime.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Hello sir. Thanks for explaining more further.

@Honorable,

That's just it. Try and get both admissions and see where destiny pushes you.

Not that people don't get visa with CC, but their % is very, very, very small.

Thanks sir, I will do as you have said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2013
honourableseyi:

Thanks sir, I will do as you have said.

You're welcome.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by honourableseyi: 4:10pm On Jun 10, 2013
babsharon:

Thanks bro, you are great. I will work on that. Now I know why it's necessary to post the little you know for people to see in case of any amendment or correction. Thanks once again and also to general imperiouxx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 10, 2013
U av to keep checking (but note - there's a limit to the # of times you can check in a day). Put your ears to the ground too - nairalanders often post on this thread when dates are made open.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2013
kofsy: 'Kindness' they say is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. I want to use this medium to appreciate Gboyega and Bigfrancis. They've both been good to me. Gboyega got me 'Barrons GRE textbook' from the US and Bigfrancis was with me all through my GRE registration process.

Honestly, I can't thank you guys enough. Your labour of love will not be in vain. May God almighty reward your good deeds. When you call one, ten thousand would answer. Whenever you are at the end of your ability, God's mighty power will take you up and bring you blessings beyond human comprehension.

I guess the best thing to do from my end in sincere appreciation of your valuable help is to ACE this GRE. I promise to have a score you both would be proud of wink wink May God help me.

Thanks once again... I'm very grateful smiley smiley smiley

You're welcome sister. Thanks for the appreciation.
Now, go get that perfect GRE score!!!cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 5:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
obsy2020: Hi Nlanders, I can't get a date for interview. What is the next option?

Keep checking back again and again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 6:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
@ imperiouxx , bigfrancis and annonymous tanx for ur comment. Baba imperioux and francis you guyz are too much. Keep it up guyz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 7:44pm On Jun 10, 2013
Paywole: Schedule a pick up with any courier service here in nigeria and give them the schools address but try and make sure you call their kearnery international office first and inform them about your plans on how you wish to get the I-20 from them..i used TNT then for mnsu and they delivered my I-20..

@Paywole, How long did it take you to receive your i-20 package from Minnesota State University using TNT courier plus.

I intend using TNT courier plus as well to receive my i-20 package. I went to TNT courier office last week friday and I gave them my school's address. And I'm using the same procedure as yours (Pick up Service). They charged me #12,260 for their pick up service.

But I'm a little nervous that this is taking longer than expected because I'v NOT received my i-20 package from Minnesota State University, Mankato

My sponsor is worried because he has already given me the money to receive the i-20 package and I don't want him thinking that I have already spent the money on something else which is Not so.

Because the money is still intact in my Bank Account and I promised my sponsor my i-20 package will get to me within 5 days and this is more than 3 weeks since they gave me admission and I'v not received anythin yet. All thanks to this Eshipglobal of a company that don't accept credit card from Nigerians which delayed me.

I told my sponsor it will take 5 days to get the i-20 package because I actually thought the eshipglobal method would work out but it was impossible.

And I need to book an appointment at the Embassy this month. Because I need to go for my interview Next month JULY. Please house anyone with any possible solution or idea should pls help a bro here..

@Paywole pls respond to this post. I need to hear your candid opinion because you have used TNT before and also given admission to the same school with me.

Cheers guys..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 8:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
@imperiousxx, @bigfrancis21
Please I need ur enlighthenment on this issue; I just had My GRE test but the Q and V score is very low both are not even up to 300.please should I still tender the test at the embassy or I should just tell the VO that I only have the TOEFL score.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2013
mr swagger:

@Paywole, How long did it take you to receive your i-20 package from Minnesota State University using TNT courier plus.

I intend using TNT courier plus as well to receive my i-20 package. I went to TNT courier office last week friday and I gave them my school's address. And I'm using the same procedure as yours (Pick up Service). They charged me #12,260 for their pick up service.

But I'm a little nervous that this is taking longer than expected because I'v NOT received my i-20 package from Minnesota State University, Mankato

My sponsor is worried because he has already given me the money to receive the i-20 package and I don't want him thinking that I have already spent the money on something else which is Not so.

Because the money is still intact in my Bank Account and I promised my sponsor my i-20 package will get to me within 5 days and this is more than 3 weeks since they gave me admission and I'v not received anythin yet. All thanks to this Eshipglobal of a company that don't accept credit card from Nigerians which delayed me.

I told my sponsor it will take 5 days to get the i-20 package because I actually thought the eshipglobal method would work out but it was impossible.

And I need to book an appointment at the Embassy this month. Because I need to go for my interview Next month JULY. Please house anyone with any possible solution or idea should pls help a bro here..

@Paywole pls respond to this post. I need to hear your candid opinion because you have used TNT before and also given admission to the same school with me.

Cheers guys..
Hey broda,maybe u should contact d school 1st to know maybe ur I-20 has been picked already,if it has been picked then all ur worries should be on TNT to deliver safely n quick to u. Maybe u should have checked with fedex for same service cos I believe they would handle documents better, as TNT deal majorly with heavy luggage(courier). But 1st,know where your I-20 is,whether school or already in transit to u...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 9:26pm On Jun 10, 2013
onipedey: Hey broda,maybe u should contact d school 1st to know maybe ur I-20 has been picked already,if it has been picked then all ur worries should be on TNT to deliver safely n quick to u. Maybe u should have checked with fedex for same service cos I believe they would handle documents better, as TNT deal majorly with heavy luggage(courier). But 1st,know where your I-20 is,whether school or already in transit to u...

@Onipedey, thanks bro for your response.

Actually I don't think the i-20 package is with TNT courier because I just went to TNT courier office last week friday for them to help me pick up the i-20 package. So it is still a little too early.

I actually called the school last week thursday and they were telling me to tell TNT courier to call them on phone first so they will get the i-20 package ready for them and send it out to them.

But what I don't quite undastand is that since 2 weeks ago I sent my i-20 request form to them for the school to get my i-20 processed but they haven't still processed it yet.

They have really delayed me... But I intend calling TNT tomorow again to track my i-20 package.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 9:38pm On Jun 10, 2013
Need to book an appointmnt date in june asap, whoever wants to drop his should b lemme know..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 9:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
fadinus: Need to book an appointmnt date in june asap, whoever wants to drop his should b lemme know..

@fadinus, You intend going for your interview the same month you booked your appointment. How is that possible.

Bro, you should be looking at Next month JULY, even to get a date for july is not even easy self. And u r talkin of June.. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by onipedey(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2013
mr swagger:

@Onipedey, thanks bro for your response.

Actually I don't think the i-20 package is with TNT courier because I just went to TNT courier office last week friday for them to help me pick up the i-20 package. So it is still a little too early.

I actually called the school last week thursday and they were telling me to tell TNT courier to call them on phone first so they will get the i-20 package ready for them and send it out to them.

But what I don't quite undastand is that since 2 weeks ago I sent my i-20 request form to them for the school to get my i-20 processed but they haven't still processed it yet.

They have really delayed me... But I intend calling TNT tomorow again to track my i-20 package.
What I don't understand is, has your school processed your I-20 and is it ready for shipment? Because if TNT is not yet in possession of the I-20 then,I guess there is nothing to track with them yet until you are sure the document is in transit with the courier service. You should be speaking with your school to be sure your I-20 is ready as requested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 10:17pm On Jun 10, 2013
mr swagger:

@fadinus, You intend going for your interview the same month you booked your appointment. How is that possible.

Bro, you should be looking at Next month JULY, even to get a date for july is not even easy self. And u r talkin of June.. Cheers
Omo ñä gobe b that õ, i don buy ticket already o, i guess i just have tu keep checking...but there's a limit to that too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mrswagger: 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2013
onipedey: What I don't understand is, has your school processed your I-20 and is it ready for shipment? Because if TNT is not yet in possession of the I-20 then,I guess there is nothing to track with them yet until you are sure the document is in transit with the courier service. You should be speaking with your school to be sure your I-20 is ready as requested.

@onipedey, Thanks again for your response. The school informed me by mail last week Tuesday that my i-20 request form has been forwarded to the person that processes i-20s. And as soon as my package is ready to be picket up, they said they will mail me.

That was the mail I got from them when I sent my i-20 request form, hoping they will process the package within 2-3 days. Up till 1 week plus, I haven't heard from them.

I don't think they have processed the i-20 yet. But I will give TNT a phone call tomorow, to know if they have called the school to ask if my package is ready for shipment.

I think that's what I shud do next. I have to keep calling TNT, so that they shud follow it up with the school. I think that's the only option left for me for now.

Thnx all the same bro. God bless u..

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.