Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. (6948 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Atheism Vs Deism (vs Theism) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 8:39am On Mar 22, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, u still dey here? I find it hard to believe that all this began from a thread on suicide..

Na folly... e too much
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

He hasnt been able to do that. Am still waiting too!

The other post wasn't for you (clearly beyound you). This one is

Kneel the fouck down, shut your eyes and raise up your hands. Think about what you've done while you're at it....
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:47am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

The other post wasn't for you (clearly beyound you). This one is

Kneel the fouck down, shut your eyes and raise up your hands. Think about what you've done while you're at it....

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah grin grin
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:48am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

I didn't notice this particular brand of foo.lishness earlier. Now I'm mad, genuinely.

It seems for some magical reason I suppose only ooman knows, the laws of thermodynamics do not apply in closed system. First the second, now the third. Moving on..

Do note I never said it could be reached. I'm asking if it could reach just to point out the rather obvious. Work is zero? Then entropy is zero. For work to be zero, temperature has to be absolute zero. As absolute zero cannot be reached...

I hope I don't have to f34343g spell everything out to a PHD...

Anyways, our hero's brilliant response was;

Let me just quote you again, to highlight your RANK FOOLISHNESS

YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE A FU43475G SCIENTIST FFS WTF KIND OF SUNDAY SCHOOL GAVE YOU A PHD?? WHATREUAOEEBF JKSADHFRB AKJKNFRASAEF

Bleep you...FOUCK YOU FOUCK U FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....RRRRRRRRRRRRWQEAD

Jokes aside, really, FOUCK YOU

Jesus Christ. What the hell is written above shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is totally pathetic. I couldnt make a sole sense out of it.

Could you just write like you were thought in your KG years? That would be better than the gibberish above!!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:55am On Mar 22, 2013
musKeeto:
Nope. Your foolishness made Pyguru realise his life wasnt as bad as he thought it was.

WOW. Am so glad my "foolishness" SAVED a life. Can you imagine that. This news made my day.

Man, seriously, am glad you finally made sense out of that "foolishness" and decide to continue living. I hope all those abusing me see this

musKeeto: WHEN would you accept that you totally missed the Op on that thread, our dear spick and span, good samaritan wannabe atheist?

I NEVER DENIED THAT I MISSED THE OP. CHECK MY APOLOGIES BELOW

ooman: sorry if i miss the OP, but i am contending the fact that death increases entropy.
https://www.nairaland.com/1229655/atheism-suicide-other-randomness/1#14823298

ooman: I am sorry if i have lost the OP, but i refer to 2nd law of thermodynamics and that law is infallible, no matter what you think, atheists and theists alike.
https://www.nairaland.com/1229655/atheism-suicide-other-randomness/1#14823316

ooman: sorry if i missed the OP. i immediately referred to the effect of death on the environment, according to the second law of thermodynamics.
https://www.nairaland.com/1229655/atheism-suicide-other-randomness/1#14823488

ooman: once again, sorry if i miss the op
https://www.nairaland.com/1229655/atheism-suicide-other-randomness/1#14823535

Now did you not read those

1 Like

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by wiegraf: 8:57am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

Jesus Christ. What the hell is written above shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

This is totally pathetic. I couldnt make a sole sense out of it.

Could you just write like you were thought in your KG years? That would be better than the gibberish above!!

Wtf are you not kneeling down? Sharrap while you're at it I said. And why comment on that post, or did you miss where I stated it was beyond you?

You need some OT style bulala. As for the bold, you perhaps do need to go back in that direction....

Need to leave now. Kudos

edits

1 Like

Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 8:59am On Mar 22, 2013
wiegraf:

Wtf are you not kneeling down? Sharrap while you're at it I said. And why comment on that post, or did you miss where I stated it was beyond you?

You need some OT style bulala. As for the bold, you perhaps do need to go back in that direction....

Need to leave now. Kudos

edits

lol grin

pls just make sense out of that yourself!!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 9:02am On Mar 22, 2013
The one about entropy meaning order made me laugh. But ooman stop decieving yourself. You are an atheist. Atheists have tried to give themselves various appelations like 'freethinkers', 'godless', 'agnostic', 'skeptic' etc but none is more to the point than the word atheist.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

WOW. Am so glad my "foolishness" SAVED a life. Can you imagine that. This news made my day.

Man, seriously, am glad you finally made sense out of that "foolishness" and decide to continue living. I hope all those abusing me see this

I NEVER DENIED THAT I MISSED THE OP. CHECK MY APOLOGIES BELOW

https://www.nairaland.com/1229655/atheism-suicide-other-randomness/1#14823298

https://www.nairaland.com/1229655/atheism-suicide-other-randomness/1#14823316

https://www.nairaland.com/1229655/atheism-suicide-other-randomness/1#14823488

https://www.nairaland.com/1229655/atheism-suicide-other-randomness/1#14823535

Now did you not read those
oops my bad..
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman2: 9:05am On Mar 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia: The one about entropy meaning order made me laugh. But ooman stop decieving yourself. You are an atheist. Atheists have tried to give themselves various appelations like 'freethinkers', 'godless', 'agnostic', 'skeptic' etc but none is more to the point than the word atheist.

You are missing it. I care about what made me an atheist than atheism itself. Science is what i claim made me an atheist. I need to be sure i didnt get it wrong. My whole claim here is all about science not atheism and atheists. I dont care about who people believe or not believe, i only care about science and how it can help us. I hope you understand.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman2: 9:05am On Mar 22, 2013
musKeeto:
oops my bad..

cool!!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 9:14am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman2:

You are missing it. I care about what made me an atheist than atheism itself. Science is what i claim made me an atheist. I need to be sure i didnt get it wrong. My whole claim here is all about science not atheism and atheists. I dont care about who people believe or not believe, i only care about science and how it can help us. I hope you understand.

Then why the needless appellation of yourself as a non-theist when it means the same thing with atheism.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 22, 2013
musKeeto:
The guy clearly has some deep deep deep.... issues...
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman2: 9:16am On Mar 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Then why the needless appellation of yourself as a non-theist when it means the same thing with atheism.

IT DOESNT MEAN THE SAME THING AS ATHEISM PLSSSSSSS!!!!!!

NONTHEISM - BELIEF IN NO GOD [size=15pt]WITHOUT[/size] CLAIMING THERE IS NO GOD

ATHEISM - BELIEF IN NO GOD [size=15pt]BY[/size]CLAIMING THERE IS NO GOD.

UH?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by thehomer: 9:19am On Mar 22, 2013
chukkynwob:

You may or may not be right ,but the crux of the matter is that unlike christians (who believe by faith) most atheists claim they deducted that God is a myth through conclusions from science and logic,naturally you would expect such individuals to at least know the principles of basic science.

Logic is quite different from science and one doesn't really need to have a lot of scientific knowledge to discard the various ideas of God out there.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 9:31am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman2:

IT DOESNT MEAN THE SAME THING AS ATHEISM PLSSSSSSS!!!!!!

NONTHEISM - BELIEF IN NO GOD [size=15pt]WITHOUT[/size] CLAIMING THERE IS NO GOD

ATHEISM - BELIEF IN NO GOD [size=15pt]BY[/size]CLAIMING THERE IS NO GOD.

UH?

A glaring contradiction. How can one believe that there is no God and yet not claim there isn't God ?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman2: 9:38am On Mar 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

A glaring contradiction. How can one believe that there is no God and yet not claim there isn't God ?

Nontheists simply do not buy the idea of worshiping a God, that doesnt mean there is no God. Take it or leave it.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 9:41am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman2:

Nontheists simply do not buy the idea of worshiping a God, that doesnt mean there is no God. Take it or leave it.

Which is pretty much the same thing as atheism. Your rigmarole is needless.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman2: 9:51am On Mar 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Which is pretty much the same thing as atheism. Your rigmarole is needless.

we do not claim that there is no God. Atheists claim there is no God.

That one single difference made philosophers create a new name - NONTHEISM- because it means so much. It separates us from atheists.

If nontheism is atheism, why make a new name for it then?
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 10:05am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman2:

we do not claim that there is no God. Atheists claim there is no God.

That one single difference made philosophers create a new name - NONTHEISM- because it means so much. It separates us from atheists.

If nontheism is atheism, why make a new name for it then?

I'm ognoring the fine details for the crucial point: you don't believe in God. Therefore you are an atheist.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman2: 10:21am On Mar 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I'm ognoring the fine details for the crucial point: you don't believe in God. Therefore you are an atheist.

Well, tell that to the philosophers who separated nontheism from atheism.

Its not my problem what you think.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:22am On Mar 22, 2013
A goat has no business with rocket science. Life surely can be easier, whats the use arguing these things.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman2: 10:24am On Mar 22, 2013
Chrisbenogor: A goat has no business with rocket science. Life surely can be easier, whats the use arguing these things.

A goat has no sense of comprehension.

For understanding, maybe!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by UyiIredia(m): 11:27am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman2:

Well, tell that to the philosophers who separated nontheism from atheism.

Its not my problem what you think.

No, I'm telling you. Neither did I claim it's your problem what I think.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Alfamann: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2013
ooman, please tell us the difference between guesswork and hypothesis.

Please tell us. Don't be a christian. Don't be a wimp. Put your reputation where your mouth is. Don't run away like a soldier of christ. Tell us.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by chukkynwob(m): 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alfamann: ooman, please tell us the difference between guesswork and hypothesis.

Please tell us. Don't be a christian. Don't be a wimp. Put your reputation where your mouth is. Don't run away like a soldier of christ. Tell us.

Are you seriously saying that hypothesis is the same thing as guesswork?

I personally addressed this question on page4, I don't care why you guys are bickering but I care for science.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 12:31pm On Mar 22, 2013
chukkynwob:

I personally addressed this question on page4, I don't care why you guys are bickering but I care for science.

Are you seriously replying that scumbag? he's not worth it!
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Alfamann: 2:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
chukkynwob:

No. I just want the most learned ooman to explain the difference to us.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by Alfamann: 2:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
ooman:

Are you seriously replying that scumbag? he's not worth it!

Ohh! Did I hit a raw nerve? Was the question too complicated for your brain?

You gave three different replies to one post I made and contradicted yourself. Now I ask just a simple question so you can clarify your posistion and you resort to insults.

You are exhibiting the characteristics of a good christian: ignore the question and insult the questionner. Stop calling yourself an atheist/non-theist, which by the way you don't know the meaning of.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
Area_boy:
It sadly seems you have been trying so hard to pass your own views on to other by force. As an engineer and an atheist, I've studied the second law of thermodynamics extensively. Sadly, a tramp can use that law to prove to you why you need to give him money.

Even people considered intelligent are still disputing over the 2nd law and where and how it applies and you think a "tramp" perfectly understands it to defraud people?? grin

you are a shame to the engineering community. good thing you didn't use your real name, your certificate would have been seized.

anyway, I never expected much from an area boy!! nothing intelligent or pacifying can come from a tout.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 6:48pm On Mar 22, 2013
Area_boy: What a shame Ooman. You have to realize something with being a "free" minded person (aka atheist/agnostics). we are exactly that, free to reason for ourselves and make our own conclusion.

It sadly seems you have been trying so hard to pass your own views on to other by force. As an engineer and an atheist, I've studied the second law of thermodynamics extensively. Sadly, a tramp can use that law to prove to you why you need to give him money. The ambiguity allows a lot of gullible minds to misuse it in anyway that suits them.

You quit being an atheist because others refuse to agree with you on a certain topic? How old are you again? have you heard of agree to disagree?

Sam Harris you like so much disagrees on some issues with Dawkins, so with late Hitchens and the list goes on. We all make conclusions with reasonable evidence and common sense available to us. Not because someone says it is so. Isn't that the whole idea of atheism?

So you run around bashing everyone that doesn't agree with you and even denounce atheism to assure yourself that you are in the right? Even the most hated atheist on this website Logicboy (lol) gets along with MrAnnoy IRL although they disagree on plenty fundamental issues.

Stop being a child and man up to reality mate.

My two cents

You failed to reason that its not about what I think, its about your pals saying 2nd law is irrelevant to life and that entropy means order.

nothing can make me leave that untreated, especially when it was said to me.
Re: Davidylan, Striktlymi, Ihenobi, Chukkynwob: I Renouce Atheism. by ooman(m): 6:57pm On Mar 22, 2013
Alfamann:

Ohh! Did I hit a raw nerve? Was the question too complicated for your brain?

You gave three different replies to one post I made and contradicted yourself. Now I ask just a simple question so you can clarify your posistion and you resort to insults.

You are exhibiting the characteristics of a good christian: ignore the question and insult the questionner. Stop calling yourself an atheist/non-theist, which by the way you don't know the meaning of.

Oh thou Great Alfamann, can you pls quote the post you are talking about?? Expose me, make it public. Tell the world of ooman's contradictions.

Hypothesis - Deductive reasoning based on observations.

Guess- baseless suppositions.

Do you understand or do you just want to abuse me - you are free to. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Without The Law There's No Foundation Of Rightness Or Wrong / Redeemed Church Acquires N4bn Aircraft / The Noetic Interview: Questions On Humanity And The Quality Of Goodness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.